Hey,

Has anyone heard of the "verizon unleased"
    The service provides prepaid unlimited wireless calling, texting and data for $50 per month.

Rumor Mill: Verizon to launch 'Unleashed' $50 unlimited prepaid nationwide Sept. 12 - FierceWireless
    MrObvious likes this.
    09-08-11 01:42 PM
    In is in some markets as a test and from reading about it it has been very successful.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 10:41 PM
    Verizon Unleashed is available on three feature phones: The clamshell-style LG Accolade for $39.99, the bar-style LG Cosmos (with a slide-out Qwerty keyboard) for $99, and the Qwerty Pantech Caper for $79.99.

Yuck.....I wouldn't want unlimited on a cheapo feature phone.....
    09-14-11 01:41 PM

Yuck.....I wouldn't want unlimited on a cheapo feature phone.....
    But what about the people who are strapped for cash, but want good reliable service?
    This "Unleashed" thing sounds pretty awesome, despite the phone selection.

Cause you have to figure, all those features together on a regular contract will run you around $125.00 a month. All that for just $50.00 is not bad.

Plus, maybe there might be a shot in the dark that people can use ANY phone of their choice on the pre-paid plan.

You never know.
    09-14-11 01:54 PM
    The prepaid cell phone business is a billion dollar a year business. More and more people are turning to this type of phones to control costs. A lot of parents prefer this over post paid because they don't have to worry about their kids going over their minutes.

The big red would not get into this if there wasn't a profit or a market for it. If I only had a few devices I would probably do the same thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-16-11 09:07 PM
    I have a test market plan myself, but it's a little different. I get 450 voice, unlimited text, unlimited data, 5 friends and family, for 69.95. Of course the usual nights and weekends AND my corp discount are also included.
    09-16-11 10:03 PM
    Keep in mind that your plan and use on these types of devices are not $ for $ identical. So you can't exactly just say "it's $70 cheaper", because (just making numbers up for comparison's sake) even if it's unlimited data, 90% of what you would use data on isn't available or the same...
    09-16-11 10:10 PM
    Keep in mind that your plan and use on these types of devices are not $ for $ identical. So you can't exactly just say "it's $70 cheaper", because (just making numbers up for comparison's sake) even if it's unlimited data, 90% of what you would use data on isn't available or the same...
    My plan is good for any device, BUT not everyone can get it. It was only available in Texas I believe, and to those of us who where about to talk Verizon in to giving it to us. I don't believe they give it out any more, especially since tiered data started.
    09-16-11 11:29 PM
    The pre paid market is growing and you will see it will become the dominate way people pay. More and more carriers don't want to carry the cost of a new device over two years just look at what tmobile is doing they are already heading in that area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 07:13 PM
    The pre paid market is growing and you will see it will become the dominate way people pay. More and more carriers don't want to carry the cost of a new device over two years just look at what tmobile is doing they are already heading in that area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Tmobile is an outlier though, not the rule... People wanting to switch phones constantly (and as a result, often carriers) makes contracts even more attractive.

Not saying it's not growing, just saying that consumer trends point towards higher ETFs (happened), longer contracts (happened, 1 year contracts removed), etc...
    10-05-11 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD