12-28-09 11:00 PM
44 12
tools
    when a phone is replaced it does act as the upgrade. they should had told you that and like mentioned, you possibly could had forgotten.
    12-27-09 11:17 PM
    In December of 2008 I bought a Dare as an upgrade for my line. In March 2009 I bought two Storms via BOGO. I replaced my Dare with one and my sister took the other to replace her 3 year old phone on my family plan. I placed the Dare on a fourth line. See if you can add another line for $9.99, place the Env2 on it and add the two BB's to your number and the other one. If one of your daughters is not getting one of the Storms, give her the Env2 to replace her phone. Won't hurt to try.
    12-28-09 01:03 AM
    Yes this is the policy, and I think it's a fair one. The problem is that Verizon reps conveniently (and consistently) forget to mention this to customers when the replacement device is given. If this was explained to the customer at the time the new device was given out, there would be alot less headaches and complaining.
    12-28-09 01:11 AM
    Maybe they're just not listening, they're too induced with new-phone euphoria.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 06:25 AM
    when a phone is replaced it does act as the upgrade. they should had told you that and like mentioned, you possibly could had forgotten.
    Or weren't listening......
    12-28-09 06:25 AM
    This is their policy but it is by far not fair. This company sells a service, airtime. They don't have a business if they don't have equipment for people to use this airtime. They sell faulty equipment.. Ok fine, they tried this phone out, turns out to be a bust. Do you turn your back on the customer and say well you bought one of our phones that we offer and it doesn't work..tough. We will still charge you a monthly fee for our made up airtime but you won't be able to use it lol. Is it just the customers problem that the phone they sell doesn't work.
    12-28-09 07:43 AM
    They very well may have told me..Either way it is bad policy. How is it an upgrade when they give me 1 choice for a phone, which is a lesser model and then ask for the bad phone back. I paid for said phone and now I am giving it to them in exchange for a cheaper phone...
    12-28-09 07:46 AM
    Here is what I would do. I would try calling again, and let them know that you really want to get in to a smart phone (30 dollars extra), and what can we do to get me in to a smart phone as cheaply as possible. There IS incentive for Verizon to do it as they get an extra 30 per month for approx 24 months. Be polite and you JUST might get your wish. Verizon does have some latitude to upgrade you via an annual upgrade. Be polite throughout and if the answer is no, accept it, and then PM me and I will give you another suggestion.
    12-28-09 08:14 AM
    Here is what I would do. I would try calling again, and let them know that you really want to get in to a smart phone (30 dollars extra), and what can we do to get me in to a smart phone as cheaply as possible. There IS incentive for Verizon to do it as they get an extra 30 per month for approx 24 months. Be polite and you JUST might get your wish. Verizon does have some latitude to upgrade you via an annual upgrade. Be polite throughout and if the answer is no, accept it, and then PM me and I will give you another suggestion.
    And with that, the thread concludes Couldn't have said it better, even if a call center rep scripted it for me.
    12-28-09 08:17 AM
    Thanks Pkcable this is what I intend to do today. When I called them yesterday I wasn't rude to the verizon person. I stated my case and in the end was unhappy. She was nice and admitted even agreed with me but there is nothing she can do. I am gonna let them know my intentions and see if they will accomodate me.
    12-28-09 08:42 AM
    They very well may have told me..Either way it is bad policy.
    So they did tell you, you could have had another refurb and kept your upgrade, the choice was yours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 09:27 AM
    When did "No" stop meaning "No"........
    12-28-09 09:47 AM
    I am a VZW CC rep, and we do not use scripts. There is a standardized greeting. After that, you're talking to a real person who went through eight weeks of training. There are no scripts. What we have is an intranet full of information we navigate to answer your questions and resolve your concerns. Obviously some reps are going to better than others, but that applies to scripted CS as well.

I will also say that I'm an outsource rep, not a direct VZW CC rep, but I received the same training as direct.
    CCD's??? dont you use those? And then you copy and paste what you read them in the notes!? See thats where you get in trouble...
    I'm outsourced too... if we dont read the CCD's and notate them in the acct we get docked on quality. CCD's are essentially a script. USE them and ensure FCR
    12-28-09 09:57 AM
    CCD's??? dont you use those? And then you copy and paste what you read them in the notes!? See thats where you get in trouble...
    I'm outsourced too... if we dont read the CCD's and notate them in the acct we get docked on quality. CCD's are essentially a script. USE them and ensure FCR
    I think you and I (and maybe a couple of others) are differing on definition of scripts. Yes, you have to do the CCD. But other wireless companies' call centers have complete scripts for what they do.

If customer says ____ then go to page 3, column 2.

We don't have that. We do not use scripts to resolve our customers' problems. That's what I was trying to emphasize.
    12-28-09 10:42 AM
    Highly likely that you forgot that you were told about the upgrade eligibility extension.

Recently, I had a customer come in with a similar situation and swore up and down that they were never advised of the upgrade eligibility extension with a multi-fru exchange. Well, after reviewing the account, I found a remark that was entered on the acct that the customer was advised of the extension. The customer tried to tell me that it was lie, that the remark may have been entered, but he was never advised. He stopped arguing with me when I told him that I was the rep that had completed the previous exchange and I was the one that entered the remark.

Also, I noticed a reply from someone in this thread (I believe it is was the OP) that the ENV2 was not an upgrade from the Glyde. Verizon considers an upgrade any change of phone that you get for free or a discounted cost that results in a change of upgrade date or contract end date. Customers come in all the time "upgrading" from a smartphone to a dumbphone. An upgrade doesn't mean it's the latest phone with more features. It just means it's a different new phone than you had before.
    12-28-09 12:24 PM
    Yeah I understand what your company thinks an upgrade is and the policy. I just think it is crap. I am pretty sure I wasn't told about the upgrade thing being extended when I got my replacement phone. I really don't care if they told me or not. I don't know how many times to say it...it is bad business. I'm not gonna go through the logistics and the common sense of it all again..I wasn't upgrading my phone just because I didn't like it. Those phones did not work. I could not operate with it. This was their solution. I don't think it should have had any affect on my plan. It seemed to be an even swap. Actually an uneven swap because I was not getting the phone I was SOLD by the Verizon salesperson. And I am not asking for the world. Just that my annual upgrade be restored so that I can buy yet another phone and Verizon can make more money off of me. Am I alone in this??

That said..Thanks everyone for replies, especially the pros. I told Verizon my problem they are gonna let me have my upgrade from the replacement phone date which is a year ago. So now my biggest worry is that this BOGO promotion will be over before I can do the upgrade. I think I still have about 10 days till the date. Anyone know when this puppy runs out?
    Last edited by nctinted; 12-28-09 at 01:52 PM.
    12-28-09 01:46 PM
    I KNEW they would work something out! Verizon really is good that way. I may not agree with all of their policies either, BUT for the most part the tech and support people are top notch!
    12-28-09 03:25 PM
    [QUOTE And I am not asking for the world. Just that my annual upgrade be restored so that I can buy yet another phone and Verizon can make more money off of me. Am I alone in this?? QUOTE]

Well, considering that you've already received one free phone, you bought on phone at a steep discount, you're about to get another free phone with the purchase of another at a steep discount totaling well over $1000 (conservative estimate) in less than a year when most people don't get that in 2 years, I'm going to venture a guess and say yes, you probably are pretty alone in the situation.
    12-28-09 09:45 PM
    Since the situation was positively resolved lets close the thread
    12-28-09 11:00 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD