12-28-09 11:00 PM
44 12
tools
    So I went to get my BOGO Storm2s today. I thought I had an upgrade. What happened was I had bought a samsung glyde about 2 years ago. Biggest POS on the planet. After having it serviced many times, I wrote Verizon and told them they better give me a different phone, something that is comparable because I couldn't even answer calls. They sent me an ENV2. SO I have had that phone for over a year. I went to upgrade mine and my girls phones today and they said my upgrade is not available for another 8 months!! So they explained to me that because they gave me a complete different device, this negates my upgrade per year thing and pushes it back to new every two from the date I got the replacement phone. Does this make any sense!!? I am furious. The money i have put into this company having service with them since when it was still Primeco. They said there is nothing they can do even though they admitted to me it was their error in not informing me of the change.
    Any one else have this problem before?
    12-27-09 11:34 AM
    That is exactly what the multi fru does. If you get into a different phone after having it serviced many times your upgrade date gets pushed back.

This forum is quick to mention the multi fru as an option for all customers and this type of issue comes up. You got a brand new phone, not a fru and because you got that phone it pushed your upgrade date back by 20 months.
    12-27-09 11:43 AM
    Their error alone would have to remedy the situation. I would call customer care and ask to speak to a supervisor.
    12-27-09 11:43 AM
    Their error alone would have to remedy the situation. I would call customer care and ask to speak to a supervisor.
    Remedy what exactly? The customer was sold a bad phone, Verizon recognized the phone as being a bad phone and got him into a new phone at no cost to him at all. That is considered an upgrade, and he was given a like phone so there is nothing to remedy.
    12-27-09 11:47 AM
    Sorry but not stating specifically when you are helping a customer is a violation of policy with any company. If you ever worked for a corporate wireless carrier you would know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 11:50 AM
    I actually do work for a corporate company, and I'm sure it was stated to him, however it was a year ago. If you have ever worked in any corporate wireless store you know that customer's tend to forget things. As does everyone else, but if he called into a call center they read from scripts and each script is full of the disclosure policy. I'm sure it was expressed to him, but given that it was 365 days ago, I'm sure more things have come up....
    12-27-09 11:53 AM
    ok fine then it was an upgrade. That was still a year ago. I should be entitled to my one year upgrade like every other phone I have gotten
    12-27-09 12:05 PM
    So I went to get my BOGO Storm2s today. I thought I had an upgrade. What happened was I had bought a samsung glyde about 2 years ago. Biggest POS on the planet. After having it serviced many times, I wrote Verizon and told them they better give me a different phone, something that is comparable because I couldn't even answer calls. They sent me an ENV2. SO I have had that phone for over a year. I went to upgrade mine and my girls phones today and they said my upgrade is not available for another 8 months!! So they explained to me that because they gave me a complete different device, this negates my upgrade per year thing and pushes it back to new every two from the date I got the replacement phone. Does this make any sense!!? I am furious. The money i have put into this company having service with them since when it was still Primeco. They said there is nothing they can do even though they admitted to me it was their error in not informing me of the change.
    Yes, this does make sense. You were given a brand new phone at no cost to you when you weren't eligible to upgrade.
    12-27-09 12:09 PM
    ok fine then it was an upgrade. That was still a year ago. I should be entitled to my one year upgrade like every other phone I have gotten
    Now yes, you may be able to do that, it depends on the price plan your currently on. I would ask about the early upgrade, in which case your New Every 2 discount would not apply since it was an upgrade a year ago, but you would still be entitled to the BOGO on the S2 provided you have 2 lines eligible for an upgrade, or 1 elgibile and add a line.
    Verizon was never Primeco.

Annual upgrades are for primary lines that meet the requirements only. Its an exception that is made. Even so, if you were eligible for an "early upgrade" your other line would still only be eligible at the 20 month mark due to it being a secondary line.
    Entitled? You must meet specific requirements to get the annual upgrade. Doesn't mean you can't receive it you just have to have certain plan requirements.

But I bet you didn't post a thread about a year ago, when VZW gave a new enV 2 for FREE, did you? Only when you don't get your way.
    12-27-09 12:11 PM
    if you call and speak with them explaining what happened they may let you upgrade. It will depend on your history as well as how you are when speaking to the rep. You may have to do it more than once but it's worth a shot. But yes, there is probably something in the agreement that stated your upgrade was moved due to the new phone. Hope you get help. Good luck.
    12-27-09 12:14 PM
    Verizon was never Primeco.

I have to correct you here, Verizon was made from 4 merging companies, and one of those companies was Primeco.
    12-27-09 12:19 PM
    I have to correct you here, Verizon was made from 4 merging companies, and one of those companies was Primeco.
    Yeah, i kinda took a stab in the dark there. lol... I will admit when im wrong.
    12-27-09 12:29 PM
    Yeah, i kinda took a stab in the dark there. lol... I will admit when im wrong.
    No worries, happens to us all a time or two.
    12-27-09 12:36 PM
    No worries, happens to us all a time or two.
    Yeah, even Jordan missed...
    12-27-09 12:41 PM
    Why don't you just write them another letter "demanding" another phone? It worked last time.

12-27-09 02:34 PM
    oh don't worry I already wrote it. I didn't demand the first time. After dealing with a faulty product 4 or 5 times I needed it to be rectified. They wanted to give me the same phone once again. A phone they knew to be so bad that they pulled it off the shelves. All I wanted was a phone that I could actually answer a phone call from. I told them to give me one of those stupid phones they give away for free, I don't care. I have a business to run and need to answer phone calls. So they offered the ENV2 as an alternative. I accepted, thinking that I will just upgrade to a BB when my upgrade is due. It was not an upgrade. It was a downgrade... If they would have offered me a BB at this point then that would have been an upgrade. If it were a true "early upgrade" they would have replied to me that I can chose a phone at the discounted price. No they said, we will give you this ENV2 as a replacement for the phone they had so many problems with.

one more thing now that I think back. I sent them my old phone back when I received the ENV2. This seemed to me like an even exchange and that is another reason I didn't know it would make my plan go from being able to upgrade every 1 year to now every 2
    Last edited by nctinted; 12-27-09 at 05:08 PM.
    12-27-09 05:05 PM
    ... As does everyone else, but if he called into a call center they read from scripts and each script is full of the disclosure policy. ...
    I am a VZW CC rep, and we do not use scripts. There is a standardized greeting. After that, you're talking to a real person who went through eight weeks of training. There are no scripts. What we have is an intranet full of information we navigate to answer your questions and resolve your concerns. Obviously some reps are going to better than others, but that applies to scripted CS as well.

I will also say that I'm an outsource rep, not a direct VZW CC rep, but I received the same training as direct.
    12-27-09 05:13 PM
    I am a VZW CC rep, and we do not use scripts. There is a standardized greeting. After that, you're talking to a real person who went through eight weeks of training. There are no scripts.
    You never do ccd? Yikes

12-27-09 08:21 PM
    You never do ccd? Yikes

Well, of course I do CCD. :P That's not exactly what he meant by a script and you know it.
    12-27-09 08:25 PM
    So, verizon sells you a bad phone. It takes in XXX bucks doing it. They can not fix your phone, so they sent you a different phone. They still took your XXXbucks for the broken phone. It is not like you got your money back and got a new phone. If you originally bought the replacement phone, you would have an upgrade.

And the only response from these fanbois are, you paid for the first phone, it is a bad phone, they keep your money, and give your second phone.

Now they say oh well sorry.

For me, I had a bad Blackberry, they replaced it with a different blackberry, and just got a letter telling me my yearly upgrade is available. The same thing happen happened to me, but sprint did not screw me. Bad first phone, replaced with a different model, and free upgrade in one year.

Verizon screws customer, over a replacement phone.

Sprint does the same thing that verizon does, and does not screw it customer.

That is funny because I always heard that verizon has great customer service and sprint did not.

Well I guess it does not include screwing over people.

She bought a phone. It was a bad phone, no fault of hers. She got a different model. So what? She paid for a working phone.
    12-27-09 08:48 PM
    So, verizon sells you a bad phone. It takes in XXX bucks doing it. They can not fix your phone, so they sent you a different phone. They still took your XXXbucks for the broken phone. It is not like you got your money back and got a new phone. If you originally bought the replacement phone, you would have an upgrade.

And the only response from these fanbois are, you paid for the first phone, it is a bad phone, they keep your money, and give your second phone.

Now they say oh well sorry.

For me, I had a bad Blackberry, they replaced it with a different blackberry, and just got a letter telling me my yearly upgrade is available. The same thing happen happened to me, but sprint did not screw me. Bad first phone, replaced with a different model, and free upgrade in one year.

Verizon screws customer, over a replacement phone.

Sprint does the same thing that verizon does, and does not screw it customer.

That is funny because I always heard that verizon has great customer service and sprint did not.

Well I guess it does not include screwing over people.

She bought a phone. It was a bad phone, no fault of hers. She got a different model. So what? She paid for a working phone.
    I have reread this post and still don't know what's going on. Tarzan no need Blackberry in jungle.
    12-27-09 08:58 PM
    The entitleforce is strong with this one
    12-27-09 10:31 PM
    This exact scenario happened to me as well. Nothing you can do about it.
    12-27-09 10:36 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD