Moments ago my storm was not functioning...would say searching for CDMA then would fluctuate between 1x, D, 1xev, and 1XEV all with different amounts of bars... yes i did a battery pull, and *228 wouldnt work..

Called verizon and the rep said it was the equipment and needed to be looked at by a technician... which would have to be done tomorrow morning since they are not available now...at that time the phone had no service at all.

Luckily I remembered I had my motorola q9c with me because i was planning on selling it..now what the heck would i have done if i would have been traveling and would not have had an extra phone with me??? I went inside and powered it on. The motorola also did not have service. about the same time both phones were fluctuating between ev and EV so on and so forth...

Long story short I thought I was going to have to temporarily go back to the Q...all of the sudden the storm went back to being normal. So did the q.

The rep said he could see it was the network that was having issues because the serial numbers and "pseudo serial numbers" were changing constantly (whatever the heck a pseudo serial number is...)

He filed a trouble ticket and said I would receive a call within 72 hours to let me know what happened.

In front of me is a motorola q9c. Display says Ev with 3 bars. Next to it is my storm which says 1X EV with 5 bars. Why would two phones have different receptions when running on the same network and both in the same place?

I'm currently visiting a friend in rock island illinois. I come here frequently and never have this problem. Inside or outside the house the service is always the same.

Other than ranting (and by all means if any mods feel this needs to be moved to rants then go right on ahead)...anybody else out there near me having the same problem? Yes I realize I'm not in New York city but this is a fairly developed area and would hope and expect to see other crackberry users here in this area!

It was really funny when my phones service went back on because I had yahoo messages, facebook messages, twitter updates, text messages, and new voicemails, not to mention several emails. The phone beeped hella different notifications for about 30 seconds straight. The rep laughed...so did I!

Now if this kind of outage occurred with my home phone cable tv and internet service (they're all bundled together, costs about 90 a month, THANKS COMCAST!) I would get a nice credit, at least 5 dollars. Why cant verizon do credits like that, to keep customers happy???
    08-14-09 06:25 PM
    Network stuff happens - could be PRL related, tower power failure or backhaul damage. It could be a remote switch routing issue. The possibilities are many.

In front of me is a motorola q9c. Display says Ev with 3 bars. Next to it is my storm which says 1X EV with 5 bars. Why would two phones have different receptions when running on the same network and both in the same place?
    Different phones & manufacturers translate signal strength differently. Even two examples of the same phone may render bars differently. Alternately, one phone may have been updated through *228 (PRL) more recently.

I'd go into more detail, but it is time to cook dinner & I am the main chef tonight for the crew.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD