09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 808182
tools
    This POS tour's cursor/trackball will go side to side and down. It will NOT go up. I'm going down to the VZW store this afternoon to see what they say. I would love to get a Bold but I'd settle for a working tour. Will let you know what kind of FRU they give me. From the defective trackball & the lousy browser I've had it.. I'm so pissed that I'm ready to bail on BB and get the DX. Only 11 more days 'til my upgrade is available.
    If you are eligible in 11 days you can get it now.. They have it set up so that anyone that has a contract ending before Dec 31st can upgrade any time.. Call them and have them order the X.. They are not exactly instock so I would get on it asap
    08-01-10 07:23 PM
    If you are eligible in 11 days you can get it now.. They have it set up so that anyone that has a contract ending before Dec 31st can upgrade any time.. Call them and have them order the X.. They are not exactly instock so I would get on it asap
    I can wait 11 days especially since they're back ordered I won't get it for 18 days. I'm not doing "Early Smartphone Upgrade" because if I do I'd have to a renew for 2 yrs. I just say NO to 2yr contracts because I change phones too often to do a 2 yr contract..
    08-02-10 12:04 AM
    Are you planning on doing a 1 Year?

Hopefully it isn't even further backordered.. Thats why I suggested it
    08-04-10 01:09 AM
    Are you planning on doing a 1 Year?

Hopefully it isn't even further backordered.. Thats why I suggested it
    Yes. 1 year renewal. There have been reports that some have ordered and been delivered within 3 days.. Sounds like no rhyme reasons to the order of shipping. Some who've ordered weeks ago still waiting. Go figure. Got my tour fru. Trackball seems to be sunken a little lower that my original (10/12/09) tour. Still not likin' the browser. OS 6 will not support tour so my best alternative will be DX in 8 Days.. Wooo Hooo!!

For me priority is web browsing experience opposed to push e-mail.
    08-04-10 11:49 AM
    After dealing with two FRU tours. I just got off the phone recently with a VZW rep and she offered to swap my device to the 9650. I said ok not a problem and she went to put the order through.

She came back and told me she was unable to put the order through as they had no 9650's in stock so I asked about another tour and she told me that instead of a tour she could offer me a Storm 2.

After thinking about it I told her sure why not and she put the order through. I guess I'll get to try out the touch screen for the first time.

Shame because I really did like Tour.
    08-05-10 10:09 PM
    Just called CS for the fourth time. My FRU tour was even worse so I called sending the tour back cause it was worse. Rep was very nice and understanding. I asked about one of my buddies getting the swap for the bold. She explained that he was very lucky to get a rep that would replace it and that the best she could do was "check" if she can give me a certified like new replacement of a bold. She checked and saw the batteries were compatible and she claimed the backs werent (which is false). This might be verizons new way of telling people no with the hope of getting one?

Anyway I said tht I owned an otterbox and would hold the back until I called RIM for a new back and that I would order it with a credit card, knowing that the back of my Tour would fit the Bold

My bold should be here just in time for blackberry 6! Thank you verizon for finally understanding all the trackball issues I've been having. And for all the others who claim they can't receive a bold, ask the rep calmly and nicely and explain your situation and try not to fall for the back/battery trick now.
    That was my post on a diff thread in the Tour forum yesterday. Good luck to all..
    08-06-10 10:01 AM
    Alright, so I see this thread started a very long time ago. I'm currently located in the Central PA area, moving between York and State College within the next two weeks or so. Is this worth giving a shot still because I really have been dying for a Bold not too long after I got my first tour...and i'm only on the second one via losing the first.
    08-06-10 11:53 AM
    i thought i'd share my success today if anyone was still wondering if it works which i see above..i'll say right off the bat i had legitimate trackball issues and this was my second replacement tour..called in the afternoon and explained the issue and one other that i had with the phone but the rep basically cut me off before i got to that and said she could send me another tour (in stock) or i could get rid of the trackball all together and get the bold with no affect on my upgrade even though i was eligible. i was actually shocked how simple it was, and maybe i just got lucky but the rep i spoke with wasn't overly friendly, yet i didn't have to explain much of anything. was on the phone no more than 10 minutes and my new bold will be here monday! hope this helps!
    08-06-10 09:41 PM
    Had a dead trackball on one of our employees phones today. Talked with the CS rep and did all of the usual stuff. Getting shipped a FRU Tour as they are not shipping the Bolds. He mentioned that they were not allowed to ship the Bolds anymore as a replacement for the Tour. Hope the FRU Tour works.
    08-09-10 08:26 PM
    Wow.. i just got a new FRU tour than too I guess. I tried it on sat. and checked the tracking information and everything as well, and it's suppose to be a Tour. This is really gay. I missed out

Should I keep trying or is there any other way to get the Bold?
    08-09-10 08:32 PM

Should I keep trying or is there any other way to get the Bold?
    There sure is. Buy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 08:37 PM
    There sure is. Buy it.
    I'll pass
    08-09-10 08:39 PM
    it's true. I legit just got a certified like new bold with camera as a replacement for my tour. I will be back here in two days when I actually get it to let u guys know.
    08-10-10 02:21 PM
    The key is to be polite and keep tryin if the rep u got is ****ty. You will end up getting one that is real nice and will take care of you. I said "I'm not doing so well, this is my 3rd tour and they have all been replaced becasue of trackball issues. Is there any way I can get this phone replaced with the bold because I really dont want a replacement tour which will just do the same thing." She goes " let me check my inventory" and the next thing I know she is shipping me a bold with a camera free of charge.
    08-10-10 02:24 PM
    The key is to be polite and keep tryin if the rep u got is ****ty. You will end up getting one that is real nice and will take care of you. I said "I'm not doing so well, this is my 3rd tour and they have all been replaced becasue of trackball issues. Is there any way I can get this phone replaced with the bold because I really dont want a replacement tour which will just do the same thing." She goes " let me check my inventory" and the next thing I know she is shipping me a bold with a camera free of charge.
    I'm going to try and be super polite tomorrow. I think they are sending me a FRU Tour, and on the e-mail it's talking about certified like-new replacement lol.
    That's hilarious, but I'm going to call, and be as nice as possible talking about I was tricked, I was told I was being given a new device, not the same device that I already have had twice and have had the same problem's on. Hopefully I'll still be able to pull a fast one.
    08-10-10 11:26 PM
    man, well... I tried again, finally received this browned boxed...replacement Tour.. I mean, give me a break, I tried several times, got my hopes up and failed epically. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait out my upgrade because they aren't doing that any more for me... and I'm in PA (central pa)
    08-11-10 04:48 PM
    man, well... I tried again, finally received this browned boxed...replacement Tour.. I mean, give me a break, I tried several times, got my hopes up and failed epically. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait out my upgrade because they aren't doing that any more for me... and I'm in PA (central pa)
    If you were expecting a bold in that brown box, don't be surprised you got a Tour. Unless you are told that you are going to be receiving a bold by a rep over the phone, you aren't getting one. People with legitimate problems like myself received Bolds if you calmly explained your situation to a nice rep and from what I've read most swap outs for Bolds were because of trackball problems.
    08-18-10 02:38 PM
    My first FRU had a small green dot sticker & a white dot sticker below that with the letters CPO in the battery compartment . I had to call in for a replacement because the one I received shipped with a bunch of scratches and had a faulty trackpad. I just received a second FRU and this time It just has a white dot sticker that says NB 9/10. What do these sticker indicate and Is there any difference between the two devices or are they just your typical FRU?
    Last edited by onemanarmy; 09-10-10 at 07:14 PM.
    09-10-10 07:12 PM
    verizon is not replacing tours with bolds at all right now. i just had my tour replaced 2 times in 2 days.

if you are on number 3 or more, they will give you a curve 8530 as a replacement new device. i asked specifically about this. they also give the same phone as a bold replacement as well if the refubs are crapping out. the bold however, is a certified like new not a refurb yet. at least the 2 that i got as well in 2 days! (first one was wrong phone sent and new one is good)

i did however, get my tour replaced with a storm 2 for no charge, no contract and no upgrade extension required.

they are crap devices as refurbs. if my original new one didnt have trackball issues it would probably still be working today. that thing never failed me other than the ball.
    09-17-10 04:26 PM
    Sounds like a good time to pull the parent card and take that Bold and give the son your Tour.

But yes, many are reporting this shortage, they are probably trying to push the Bold so they can put the Tour issues in the past.
    I love it! I was just thinking the same thing Btw, the Bold is a great phone.
    09-17-10 04:33 PM
    I noticed that when I was replacing my Tour for the 4th time the other day. I never outright asked for a new model, but they were NOT offering any other solutions other than getting a fru Tour- even when I escalated to a tech 2(?) They just kept saying "Your not due for an upgrade until blah blah blah. Sorry blah blah blah.....".

I think I might take it to a Verizon store and see what they say...

verizon is not replacing tours with bolds at all right now. i just had my tour replaced 2 times in 2 days.

if you are on number 3 or more, they will give you a curve 8530 as a replacement new device. i asked specifically about this. they also give the same phone as a bold replacement as well if the refubs are crapping out. the bold however, is a certified like new not a refurb yet. at least the 2 that i got as well in 2 days! (first one was wrong phone sent and new one is good)

i did however, get my tour replaced with a storm 2 for no charge, no contract and no upgrade extension required.

they are crap devices as refurbs. if my original new one didnt have trackball issues it would probably still be working today. that thing never failed me other than the ball.
    09-17-10 07:02 PM
    i can tell you right now that a store wont do a dam thing other than hand you a fru. i couldnt even get frus from my local store because they couldnt "duplicate" my problem.

i called tech support, no questions asked i got new frus for both my bold and my tour. i had to send both back and get 2 more lol.

i sent verizon a very long winded email about how bad frus are, how much i spend a month times how many years i have had them (over 10) and how many replacements i have had, and so on and so on and so on and so on etc. eventually they caved in and handed me a new phone.

you have to have at least 3 replacements within a certain amount of time, i think 6 months or so. maybe 12 not sure about that...but....according to the tech i asked AFTER i placed my FRU orders and not before to sound like im asking for a new device, he said both devices (tour/bold) will get curve 8530's as a new device.

my situation with verizon is one of extreme hatred and is well documented over the past 4 years at the least. i tend to get things pretty easy out of them compared to other non corporate, non high tier customers. in fact, i was incredibly surprised that in my email, since i demanded they do a storm 2 or a bold 9650 for no charge, no contract and no upgrade extension required, that they actually did it, and didnt even question me either. my email as also, if printed on paper, probably 3 pages long.

ill admit, over the past 6-9 months, calling customer care has actually been a breeze. last year when i called to complain that i never got my rebates, i had to spend 3 hours on the phone screaming at people during the last hour before i actually got someone that gave me a credit on my bill for the missing rebate. last week, i called about my missing rebate and after about 30 minutes on the phone (mostly on hold so the rep can research), i got the 100 rebate credited to my account. amazing how much easier they have been to talk to. i have not felt the even slightest need to have to raise my voice to them to get something done that should be done compared to a year ago, the only way to get something done was to start screaming when the reps were being stupid as soon as they answered....(example: hi ms rep, im calling because my phone is not working........rep: oh, so your bill is messed up? let me check your usage!)...that kind of stupidity.

maybe the weekly nasty emails condemning their phone reps as being useless hootrat morons finally got to someone higher that actually did something....and im sure i was not the only one.
    09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 808182
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD