09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 79808182
tools
    I got mine by offering to send back my Tour for a compensation on my wireless bill, note that it helps a lot if you ask to talk to their replacement department, just tell the rep you need to talk to their phone replacement department about getting a replacement phone.
    Don't take this advise, first off there is no "replacement department" and second, if you send your phone back, you get NO credit for it. Even if that's what you demand.
    07-22-10 01:31 PM
    My tracking info said 3 lbs. last night, now it's down to 1 lb./0.5 kg.

Also, it came from Indianapolis, IN, which I did not see anyone else mention in the thread. Strange...

Well, it was just delivered and waiting for me when I get home from work. Here's to hoping it's a Bold!
    07-22-10 02:04 PM
    I talked to a rep today, she said my warranty will only provide me with a device that's the same as mine. My box is from Memphis, TN. Here's hoping it's a bold though I doubt it
    07-22-10 02:40 PM
    Just got mine. It's a FRU Bold 9650. Phone only, no battery or anything else (does have SIM card, though).

I'm certainly not complaining! I must just have got lucky and got a really nice rep.

Just as well, though. My Tour's trackball is pretty much completely dead in the down direction.
    07-22-10 05:11 PM
    he is 100% wrong i work in a call center simialr to his im sure...i work for t-mo tho and we have the 8900 not the same but simialr and it uses the same trackball and i exchange atleast 5 to 10 a day FOR trackball issues alone he straight up lied to you and im honeslty sorry to hear that
    So you're saying each cs rep does 5-10 exchanges a day. Verizon has approx 5 cs centers in the WE Area w/ an average of 600 reps. So if each rep does 5 thats 3000 replacements a day, and if they do ten, thats 6000. Considering the warehouse only stocks around 1500-1700 exchanges.. I think you're honestly lying.
    07-22-10 07:27 PM
    i'm getting FRU Tour #2 tomorrow. i asked the rep if i could possibly get a Bold or Storm 2 instead and was told no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 10:43 PM
    Got blown off by Verizon the same way when my trackball died. Level two said...first words out of his mouth.. "This is the number one issue with these phones" Offered me a another Tour refurb, said no thanks. Mentioned seeing the Bold and asked what my ETF would be as Sprint has the 9700. They stood steadfast on the replacement Tour, as per my contract they stated.
    Left negative feedback, but took the early upgrade to the Bold 9650 (just freekin Love this phone! :-)) Rep called me back about the neg. feedback and the purchase. I told him, the Tour was garbage and they know it, I was looking into the Bold 9650...they have it and they should be alot more sensative to thier loyal customers needs, its all about the big picture ie..long term. Told him I may not even like this phone, but keep it for 25 days send it back, pay the etf and do an Apple. I have no loyalties to you anymore. He said he'd look into what he could for me.. never heard back.
    07-22-10 11:07 PM
    Enjoy the iPhone, make sure to get the free case you need to make calls.

07-22-10 11:53 PM
    So you're saying each cs rep does 5-10 exchanges a day. Verizon has approx 5 cs centers in the WE Area w/ an average of 600 reps. So if each rep does 5 thats 3000 replacements a day, and if they do ten, thats 6000. Considering the warehouse only stocks around 1500-1700 exchanges.. I think you're honestly lying.
    the number of phones that are exhcanged for Tmobile a day is stagering think about this...yesterday at work i exchanged the diferent phones in a row 5 min a part each the order numbers are sequencial throught the tmo exhcange system in the 5 min between exhcange one and exhcange 2 575 phones were exchanged and it was similar between exchange 2 and exhcange 3 it was like 650 or somwhere around there
    07-23-10 01:01 AM
    yea they gave me a bold like a week ago tried to give me curve wouldnt take it so gave me bold...first bold they sent me i sent it back cause one it was from mexico and from my experience those werent any good so took a chance sent it back and luckily got one from canada very solid phone im in love with my bold...good luck to all of you seeking bolds all i can say is dont give up took me 4 tries to get one...
    07-23-10 03:26 AM
    Just in case someone is interested.

Verizon BlackBerry 9650 Bold Accessories & Box - NEW
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 07-26-10 at 09:10 PM.
    07-25-10 10:29 PM
    Just called to get a replacement Tour and the lady just said I'd get a refurb phone but didn't say what kind. Either way is fine though.
    07-26-10 02:39 PM
    Probably a Tour. My neighbor's trackball was a mess. She called and got a FRU Tour. I did the swap in DM for her. I would say the trackball is better, but it is squishy. If you push it hard enough (not even that hard), you can get it to stick/rub. But if you use it lightly like you should, it does seem better.
    07-26-10 03:38 PM
    Just called to get a replacement Tour and the lady just said I'd get a refurb phone but didn't say what kind. Either way is fine though.
    Yea, I got a refurbished Tour. I had one of the first versions with the older trackball. It worked fine for the most part. My phone ended up rebooting itself every few hours. did a full wipe and all, so they replaced it with a refurbished tour with the new trackball. yes, at first it felt "funny/squishy" but worked, it has since "hardened", it no longer feels squishy and works better than my original Tour's trackball ever did. Also the whole phone itself runs 100x better than my original. So while it would have been nice to get a Bold under warranty replacement, I can say I'm quite happy with the replacement. Maybe if they decide to start handing out Bold's as replacements again I'll try for a swap.
    07-27-10 02:52 PM
    My trackball stopped scrolling up... Called CS yesterday and the lady told me she said replace my device. Didn't mention what kind, but I'm certain it's a refurbished Tour.

Whole conversation was about 10 minutes long and pretty painless. I hope I get a functioning Tour!
    07-28-10 01:14 PM
    I am fairly certain that if they are going to send a DIFFERENT phone than you currently have, they have to tell you and will not just send a different device without your permission (other than a mistake).

So if nothing was said by a CS then you will almost definitely be getting another Tour.
    07-28-10 04:20 PM
    I'm arguing with Verizon, Tour trackball issue, and they are telling me to contact Blackberry. I cannot find a customer service email for Blackberry, so I can include the Verizon email with all the particulars. I'm a novice at this. I have searched and searched. Can someone point me to a Blackberry customer service email address? Thanks.
    07-28-10 11:01 PM
    What? What are you contacting them about?

07-28-10 11:56 PM
    Verizon is sending me to Blackberry to get a new phone. I want to use email. I can find no customer support email for Blackberry. Can you help?
    07-29-10 12:02 AM
    Why in blazes are they making you go to RIM?

07-29-10 12:28 AM
    The one I found was help@blackberry.com see if that helps.

07-29-10 12:38 AM
    Thank you. I have no idea. They probably can figure out I have no idea....
    07-29-10 03:00 AM
    I got this, long/short they said contact Verizon: Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. The email you submitted has not been delivered. Please find many alternative support options below.
    07-29-10 03:16 AM
    Went to the Verizon store a week ago because I was having legitimate problems with my fourth Tour and they were out of them so they sent me a refurbed Bold. No more trackball for me!
    07-31-10 03:09 PM
    This POS tour's cursor/trackball will go side to side and down. It will NOT go up. I'm going down to the VZW store this afternoon to see what they say. I would love to get a Bold but I'd settle for a working tour. Will let you know what kind of FRU they give me. From the defective trackball & the lousy browser I've had it.. I'm so pissed that I'm ready to bail on BB and get the DX. Only 11 more days 'til my upgrade is available.
    08-01-10 12:55 PM
2,047 ... 79808182
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD