09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 678910 ...
tools
    got a very nice person. xferring to tech support again. Will walk through.

BTW, if this works, how do I activate the new phone again?

Is it *228 or something like that?
    06-18-10 10:06 AM
    I decided to hangup and try again.....
    +1 go thru the steps with the Rep. Finish it out.
    06-18-10 10:07 AM
    Has anyone with sprint tried this?
    06-18-10 10:09 AM
    HAHAHA! BOOM! There is a Bold on the way! Funny enough the trackball did mess up with the guy as he was "trouble shooting" with me. I guess that's a good sign that I should of changed out my phone anyway.
    06-18-10 10:10 AM
    +1 go thru the steps with the Rep. Finish it out.
    Yep i'm getting mine!
    06-18-10 10:11 AM
    on the phone now, they still wont give me a bold!
    06-18-10 10:12 AM
    Now I wish I didn't buy my Tour through a third party source.
    I was given my tour from a friend in February, and my Bold is on its way. Just call if your having trouble, the most they can say is no.
    Has anyone tried this with sprint?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My Bold is on the delivery truck right now, should be delivered any moment now! Will post pics of everything once it gets here!
    ^^^^^^waiting!
    I have a Tour 9630 (US Cellular), what seems to be the problem with the trackball? All of this has me worried now.

Thanks, Ken in WI
    06-18-10 10:13 AM
    Yep i'm getting mine!
    Mine was just delivered. Can't wait to run home to see what's inside the box!!!
    06-18-10 10:17 AM
    I'm in Northeast and they are sending a New TOUR. Wonder why some get Bold some not . SUCKS!
    nevermind, tours out of stock so im getting the new bold!! arriving on wednesday
    I have a Tour 9630 (US Cellular), what seems to be the problem with the trackball? All of this has me worried now.

Thanks, Ken in WI
    it's fairly well documented that a lot of tours shipped with several issues, chief among them glitchy, unresponsive trackballs. if the trackball on your tour is working, then you probably don't have anything to worry about. you would have noticed the problem out of the box.

other issues include screen flutter, loose battery doors and random resets. but the trackball seems to be the most common problem.
    What happens with things on SD card? Like Berrybuzz settings file?

Do you have to reformat the card when put into the new phone? Or do you just insert the card in after activation...?
    Just pop the card back in the new phone and you're good to go. I was not aware that BerryBuzz saved settings on the card but if you can save and restore then you should be fine. I usually just take the 10 minutes and re-setup my BerryBuzz.

And for whomever said that they still had Tours in the Midwest.
    I was told "there currently is a nationwide shortage of Tours" and they "have been authorized to send the Bold as replacement Tours."
    06-18-10 10:19 AM
    In Idaho, went in yesterday, the warehouse said none in stock but they would be getting a shipment of refurb Tours in stock and I would get one by Tuesday. I'm hoping that I get a call about a Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 10:20 AM
    I had the option of waiting until next week for them to send me a Tour or I could "just go with a new Bold and have it overnighted". Gee, let me think about this for a bit....lol
    06-18-10 10:21 AM
    Mine was just delivered. Can't wait to run home to see what's inside the box!!!
    RUN! FAST!!!! let us know!!!
    06-18-10 10:21 AM
    Anybody in the Southeast had luck with this?
    06-18-10 10:22 AM
    I payed extra to have it on Monday since I go away on Tuesday. Wonder if I should call in for my brother's phone as well.... what you guys think?
    06-18-10 10:23 AM
    RUN! FAST!!!! let us know!!!
    I will report back, it's gonna be the longest hour and a half of my life! Have to wait for my lunch break.
    06-18-10 10:25 AM
    My Bold is on the delivery truck right now, should be delivered any moment now! Will post pics of everything once it gets here!
    being that you are in NJ...this is promising news for me. my girls tour which i purchased for her (on my account) had had the trackball issue since day one. i just never said anything about it. did you call 611 or the 800 customer service line?

QUESTION: when i call up...are they going to be able to see what OS i have on the device? i currently have a hybrid loaded ever since the browser click issue appeared. i plan on telling them i installed the new os in hopes of it being fixed...but dont want them to see i am using a non-authorized VzW OS...
    06-18-10 10:27 AM
    being that you are in NJ...this is promising news for me. my girls tour which i purchased for her (on my account) had had the trackball issue since day one. i just never said anything about it. did you call 611 or the 800 customer service line?

QUESTION: when i call up...are they going to be able to see what OS i have on the device? i currently have a hybrid loaded ever since the browser click issue appeared. i plan on telling them i installed the new os in hopes of it being fixed...but dont want them to see i am using a non-authorized VzW OS...
    No they can't tell which OS you're running. Just wipe the hybrid off before you return it like hockeyplayer posted below.
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-18-10 at 10:32 AM.
    06-18-10 10:29 AM

they won't know the O.S. I'm gonna wipe my tour before I send it back. VZW went from bein on my bad side to my good side. Thank god I read these forums
    06-18-10 10:30 AM
    didnt work for me... theyre sending another 9630
    06-18-10 10:32 AM
2,047 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD