09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 7778798081 ...
tools
    backdown00:

It does not affect your contract terms or length. (altho, one or two said it had but got it corrected - it should NOT affect it).

Just in the outer shipping box with lots of paper stuffed around it. Kept the NEW bold box.
    Thank you so much

I have a bold with camera replacement being delivered today and have no idea if its new or a FRU. either way I don't care, just happy to have a working phone.
    07-08-10 10:23 AM
    i've been reading a lot of these posts and what once a positive thread now turned into a pissing contest between those that recieved Bolds (i did) on a warranty exchange and those that got tours again for defective things mainly the trackball issue. i did get a bold because of my trackball and didn't do it fraudulently like many others did that were lucky enough to get a bold. i do however empathize with tour owners that got refurbed tours back and are still angry at those that were lucky enough to get the bolds. i don't think its fair on how ya'll got done wrong but however i also don't think it's fair for ya'll to attack those that were lucky to get a bold no matter how they got one for free. i do agree that verizon needs to do something for the still tour owners that were sent refurbed tours but that's up to big red not a huge handful of dissatisfied tour owners. i was happy with my tour and would've been happy if they did send me a refurbed tour but was just as happy when i opened my shipping box 2 days after i talked to tech support and got a bold instead. i still plan on upgrading my phone to a new bold in october and giving my daughter the current bold i have now so nothings changed my mind on that one.

and to those that claim they deserve a new Tour instead of a refurbed one. i for one prefer a refurbed phone over a new one anyday because 9/10 times its built better than the orginal with more soldering points on the board and a stronger charging port. yeah the trackball leaves to be desired since it looks like they chose a cheaper route for the trackballs. but how do you justify demanding a new tour? i can see within the first 30 days getting a new one but demanding a new one after owning one for over 4+ months is total BS.
    07-08-10 10:51 AM
    Well this is weird. I just sent FRU #1 back. Awaiting delivery of #3 today to me. (So many FRU Tours with issues coming and going in such a short time span my head is spinning. Had to put post-its on them to keep track, good grief.)

Anyway, I just checked tracking on FRU #1 that I had to send back (bad trackball). It arrived in Ft Worth Fed Ex facility, but says "delivery exception". Under details it says "future delivery requested". What's that about? And should I call VZW and inform them? Tracking shows I dropped off within the 10 day time frame, and I let VZW know on the phone 2 days ago when requesting #3 that #1 was on its way back. But this could delay it past the 10 day return. Just wondering if I need to get my panties in a bunch over it.
    07-08-10 12:02 PM
    It doesn't make any sense for those of you who didn't get a Bold as a replacement to be upset. This thread started weeks ago, and the whole saga began with a temporary shortage of the Tour. Act faster next time and maybe you'll be one of the lucky few, but calling weeks after the shortage is too little, too late.
    07-08-10 12:08 PM
    It doesn't make any sense for those of you who didn't get a Bold as a replacement to be upset. This thread started weeks ago, and the whole saga began with a temporary shortage of the Tour. Act faster next time and maybe you'll be one of the lucky few, but calling weeks after the shortage is too little, too late.
    couldn't have said that better myself
    07-08-10 12:20 PM
    Just had verizon send me a bold as a replacement for my tour minutes ago
    07-08-10 12:44 PM
    Not singling you out here, but you summed up what some have been saying & I wish some peeps would lighten up a bit. Not everyone who didn't get a Bold is upset they didn't get a Bold. A lot of us are frustrated we can't get a phone that works. Big difference. I said earlier it would be nice to get a Bold, but I don't feel entitled. It's the inconsistency that's a bit frustrating. As recently as last week, some were getting Bolds, some FRU Tours. So by early July with all the Tour returns, it was no longer about a Tour shortage. Instead it turned into hit or miss depending on who picked up our call at VZW. I'll say again, I appreciate their offering me a Bold at an early upgrade discount. But I'm not inclined to purchase an upgrade phone to correct an issue under warranty while others are getting that same phone free at the same point in time. Imagine many would feel the same way were it them in that position.

AFA acting faster, that would primarily apply to those who were trying to get a Bold without justification. Because those of us with legitimate issues really can't control the timing of when they arise.
    07-08-10 12:51 PM
    a friend with a tour is also getting a bold as a replacement, she just called them today, so quit the whining and call vzw if you haven't gotten a bold yet!
    07-08-10 01:04 PM
    Agreed, well said..
    07-08-10 01:21 PM
    AFA acting faster, that would primarily apply to those who were trying to get a Bold without justification. Because those of us with legitimate issues really can't control the timing of when they arise.
    It seems that most that have posted had legitimate issues and many of them have had more than replacement Tour already before getting a Bold instead. It seems that most that have had issues have had them for some time going back nearly one year for many. We only had one out of six Tours at my company replaced during Boldgate even though we could have had all of them replaced since I knew about it from the beginning. We replaced the one with the most and worst issues, the others have had no real issues and are still in use everyday.
    07-08-10 01:24 PM
    May have been asked already - if so, I apologize, I have read the whole thing over the last few weeks and don't remember. If I get a replacement refurb Tour can I send the refurb back and keep my original Tour?
    Mine has sporadic trackball issues, but I am hesitant to get a refurb Tour that is worse and get into that hampster wheel that some of you have dealt with. However, if I can get a Bold, that would solve the issue (unless it has a crooked trackpad.....sigh).
    07-08-10 01:36 PM
    May have been asked already - if so, I apologize, I have read the whole thing over the last few weeks and don't remember. If I get a replacement refurb Tour can I send the refurb back and keep my original Tour?
    Mine has sporadic trackball issues, but I am hesitant to get a refurb Tour that is worse and get into that hampster wheel that some of you have dealt with. However, if I can get a Bold, that would solve the issue (unless it has a crooked trackpad.....sigh).
    the crooked trackpad isn't all that bad... I didn't even notice until I read something on here about it. now I notice it, but at least it works! unlike the trackball...
    07-08-10 02:09 PM
    a friend with a tour is also getting a bold as a replacement, she just called them today, so quit the whining and call vzw if you haven't gotten a bold yet!
    Your friend got lucky. Read some of the posts here. If it were simply a matter of asking for a Bold and getting one, this thread would have taken on a whole different spin.

Oh well, I'm getting off this merry-go-round somehow. I'm not trusting any more FRU Tours at this point. Just got #3, has 3 separate green dot stickers plastered over top of each other, circular tape on box slit open and shrink wrap securing phone is torn open. By all appearances this one was returned and simply shipped right back out again. I'll be surprised if it doesn't have some issue(s).

Like boilerjohn94, I'd be willing to reactivate my original launch day, I'm down to only a couple days warranty left. Providing a trackball replacement would work, seems to still be a recurring issue even with FRUs. At least with my launch day, other than stuck trackball I know that everything else works.
    07-08-10 07:56 PM
    i bought a trackball on ebay for a phone that im selling for a friend, a curve 8900 and the trackball was awsome that i bought. i dont know where there getting the balls for the referb tours but the one i bought is flawless. it clicks awsomly and is not flimzy. its almost a shame the complaints about the tour. but to change the ball urself u void the warrenty (if ur caught) but i opened up 2 storms and sent them abck and they said nothing. i used an exacto hobby knife to take the stickers off and keep the in one peice and put them back on.
    07-09-10 01:15 AM
    Thanks for the tip on the 8900 trackball. Looks like that's where I'm heading. I wonder if VZW tech store can replace trackball on my launch day? (Providing they'll reactivate it.) Still have a few days warranty left.

Just popped battery in FRU #3, typed a one line memo and scrolled left from end of sentence. Trackball gets stuck on the last word or two then jumps to the right to the end of sentence. So it's gotta go back.
    07-09-10 07:36 AM
    It seems that most that have posted had legitimate issues and many of them have had more than replacement Tour already before getting a Bold instead. It seems that most that have had issues have had them for some time going back nearly one year for many. We only had one out of six Tours at my company replaced during Boldgate even though we could have had all of them replaced since I knew about it from the beginning. We replaced the one with the most and worst issues, the others have had no real issues and are still in use everyday.
    So they say............ remember this is the internet and there are a lot of scammers out there.

Would I take a free new bold to replace my tour, yes, is there anything wrong with my tour, no.
    07-09-10 07:59 AM
    Scammers on the internet, NO, say it isn't true!
    07-09-10 08:41 AM
    Update on my replacement. When I opened the box I found a FRU Tour with another faulty trackball. Called in to replace with another unit and asked what happened to the replacement Bold. The lady I talked to had an attitude about the whole thing and basically told me that she wasn't going to discuss what another agent may or may not have told me and that if I wanted a replacement, I would have to go into a local store and have a tech look at it. After I got off the phone I emailed customer service to complain about being told I would recieve a Bold and then getting a Tour (in my mind being lied to), then to be treated the way I was from the second agent (made to feel like I was lying about the trackball problems and trying to get a free upgrade). The email I recieved stated that they could offer me Curve 8530 (in my mind a downgrade) or he could move my date up (by 4 days) from my annual upgrade and I could use it to get a new phone. I will update in a couple of days for the final results.
    07-09-10 09:27 AM
    Update on my replacement. When I opened the box I found a FRU Tour with another faulty trackball. Called in to replace with another unit and asked what happened to the replacement Bold. The lady I talked to had an attitude about the whole thing and basically told me that she wasn't going to discuss what another agent may or may not have told me and that if I wanted a replacement, I would have to go into a local store and have a tech look at it. After I got off the phone I emailed customer service to complain about being told I would recieve a Bold and then getting a Tour (in my mind being lied to), then to be treated the way I was from the second agent (made to feel like I was lying about the trackball problems and trying to get a free upgrade). The email I recieved stated that they could offer me Curve 8530 (in my mind a downgrade) or he could move my date up (by 4 days) from my annual upgrade and I could use it to get a new phone. I will update in a couple of days for the final results.
    ouch, that's pretty bad, hopefully vzw does the right thing and give you what they originally promised.
    07-09-10 01:53 PM
    If you can't get satisfaction try this web site....

PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many

They get results for people.
    07-09-10 02:42 PM
    All the ''Bold replaces Tour'' talk almost makes me wish my Tour was malfunctioning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 01:31 PM
    All the ''Bold replaces Tour'' talk almost makes me wish my Tour was malfunctioning.

Well be glad it's not. Because they are not replacing Bolds for Tours anymore.
    07-10-10 02:00 PM
    Some people are still claiming to be receiving Bolds as replacements for defective Tours, but remember this is the interenet and there are scammers out there!

07-10-10 02:41 PM
    Got another phone call from VXW yesterday, only to be told again that they would not ship me the Bold that I was told I would be recieving and could only offer me a Curve 8530. Kind of dissappointed with this result, but what can I do.
    07-11-10 11:03 AM
    Can't speak to the Curve 8530, but nothing wrong with a properly working Tour.
    07-11-10 11:45 AM
2,047 ... 7778798081 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD