09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 7677787980 ...
tools
    Yeah... I too, am considering a flight to another platform, Textingismydrug. I'd love an iPhone, but I honestly HATE AT&T... been there, done that. That being said... I want a solid smartphone... with solid customer service. I have loved my BB when it's worked correctly. The Tour was a flop... and unfortunately... my experience wasn't a great one. Not sure what move to make and only have 6 months left in my contract. The new Bold 9800 looks very tempting for the future... but RIM hasn't managed to roll it out to AT&T yet (and they get first crack at it for a while)... so they're behind on that. Decisions. Decisions.
    07-06-10 06:38 PM
    Frankly, Supermario28... if VZW wasn't willing to make a solid move to start replacing crappy (1 year old, I might add) Tours with Bolds that WOULD perform well... they should have NOT replaced a single bad Tour with a Bold until Tour inventory was replenished. The whole decision from a business stand point was VERY poor. IMHO.

Like I said... nobody should expect it... and it's great that some got it... but there should be a level of fairness upheld for all VZW customers. The fact remains that the Tour has had a bumpy ride from the get go... and many of us feel frustrated to be on that wagon. A bad experience set right... can increase customer loyalty. Right now... I don't have any loyalty to VZW. Likely... I will remain a customer because their service (availability & coverage) is fantastic... but I might consider buying phones outright from here on out to avoid any contracts.
    07-06-10 06:46 PM
    Frankly, Supermario28... if VZW wasn't willing to make a solid move to start replacing crappy (1 year old, I might add) Tours with Bolds that WOULD perform well... they should have NOT replaced a single bad Tour with a Bold until Tour inventory was replenished. The whole decision from a business stand point was VERY poor. IMHO.

Like I said... nobody should expect it... and it's great that some got it... but there should be a level of fairness upheld for all VZW customers. The fact remains that the Tour has had a bumpy ride from the get go... and many of us feel frustrated to be on that wagon. A bad experience set right... can increase customer loyalty. Right now... I don't have any loyalty to VZW. Likely... I will remain a customer because their service (availability & coverage) is fantastic... but I might consider buying phones outright from here on out to avoid any contracts.
    Exactly, well said. That is why I called and got the device we all should have gotten in the first place...
    07-06-10 06:55 PM
    There options were to either replace it with the Bold or tell people with broken phones to get by without their phone until stock replenished. A lot of Tour owners are business people who can not go without a working phone for more than a few hours. They HAD to replace them with the Bold or they would have lost A LOT of customers. It was without a doubt the correct business decision. Everyone that got a Bold is happier than ever and everyone who is still stuck with the Tour is just as pissed as they were before Boldgate went down. Kudos to Verizon on this one.
    07-07-10 12:32 PM
    Everyone that got a Bold is happier than ever and everyone who is still stuck with the Tour is just as pissed as they were before Boldgate went down.

Just as pissed is inaccurate. C'est la vie!
    07-07-10 04:09 PM
    Saw this post today. I went to verizon today because my tour's headphone jack had stopped working completely. They said they are mailing me a replacement. I dont care if its a tour or a bold (i mean obviously id prefer a newer model, but since i didnt pay it dont make any difference to me) but either way it better be a new device and not a refurbished one. I pay verizon way too much a month for them to be giving me a refurb on a warranty claim.
    07-07-10 04:37 PM
    Saw this post today. I went to verizon today because my tour's headphone jack had stopped working completely. They said they are mailing me a replacement. I dont care if its a tour or a bold (i mean obviously id prefer a newer model, but since i didnt pay it dont make any difference to me) but either way it better be a new device and not a refurbished one. I pay verizon way too much a month for them to be giving me a refurb on a warranty claim.
    You can always go to the manufacturer directly if you don't like the warranty that VZW offers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 04:48 PM
    You can always go to the manufacturer directly if you don't like the warranty that VZW offers.

Just how do you do that ?
    07-07-10 05:00 PM
    It will probably be a refurb
    07-07-10 05:10 PM

I don't know weather the issue is covered by verizons warranty or RIMs, i do however feel that it is the responsibility of the intermediary (verizon in this case) to provide a working product. They have acknowledged their failure to do so by shipping me another device. I'm telling you that from a buisness standpoint it would be a good idea to keep someone who pays for the most expensive data plan, who consistently purchases their upper end devices, and who has never made a single warranty/faulty device claim before happy. And they will keep me happy by issuing me a new device, not a device someone broke and verizon fixed with duct tape.
    07-07-10 05:12 PM
    Has anyone seen in writing the warranty as outline by RIM ?
    07-07-10 05:15 PM
    I don't know weather the issue is covered by verizons warranty or RIMs, i do however feel that it is the responsibility of the intermediary (verizon in this case) to provide a working product. They have acknowledged their failure to do so by shipping me another device. I'm telling you that from a buisness standpoint it would be a good idea to keep someone who pays for the most expensive data plan, who consistently purchases their upper end devices, and who has never made a single warranty/faulty device claim before happy. And they will keep me happy by issuing me a new device, not a device someone broke and verizon fixed with duct tape.
    Enjoy your refurbished device.

07-07-10 06:07 PM
    I called in with a problem with my tour and they said the would send me a bold.....I just rushed to fed ex to pick up the package that I couldnt be home to pick up......well I guess they think that the storm 1 is a good replacement for the tour because that is what I received. Been on the phone for over half an hour getting everything fixed so I can send this storm back and get the phone I was supposed to get. Awesome!
    07-07-10 08:28 PM
    I called in with a problem with my tour and they said the would send me a bold.....I just rushed to fed ex to pick up the package that I couldnt be home to pick up......well I guess they think that the storm 1 is a good replacement for the tour because that is what I received. Been on the phone for over half an hour getting everything fixed so I can send this storm back and get the phone I was supposed to get. Awesome!
    Storm2 would have been cool!
    07-07-10 08:32 PM
    This is for the actual CSRs that roam this thread. Out of curiosity, I know that Boldgate was huge on this forum, and many received Bolds, but was it actually as big as it seemed? This is a very popular forum, but it has been my experience that even the most popular forums represent a very small portion of actual users. I applaud Verizon for doing what they had to do in the name of customer service, that's why I stay with them. My hubby was laughing when he heard about this, he said CS is gonna know something is up when everyone calls in with a trackball issue. He thought people should change up their story. lol
    07-07-10 08:43 PM
    Enjoy your refurbished device.

I will return any refurbished device sent, its that simple, if they cant offer a satisfactory replacement, ill take my business elsewhere. But hey i have confidence in verizon, theyve surprisingly always done right by me before.
    07-07-10 08:57 PM
    This is for the actual CSRs that roam this thread. Out of curiosity, I know that Boldgate was huge on this forum, and many received Bolds, but was it actually as big as it seemed? This is a very popular forum, but it has been my experience that even the most popular forums represent a very small portion of actual users. I applaud Verizon for doing what they had to do in the name of customer service, that's why I stay with them. My hubby was laughing when he heard about this, he said CS is gonna know something is up when everyone calls in with a trackball issue. He thought people should change up their story. lol
    I only had to exchange 2 phones for Bolds during the whole thing. So it wasn't as big as it may have been portrayed here. This thread got so big because people were talking about the weight, size, newness and lies they told for the phone, that it just blew up.

07-07-10 08:58 PM
    I will return any refurbished device sent, its that simple, if they cant offer a satisfactory replacement, ill take my business elsewhere. But hey i have confidence in verizon, theyve surprisingly always done right by me before.
    I hope when you calling in feeling entitled and being demanding that your at least polite. Impolite people get nothing from me.

07-07-10 09:25 PM
    I hope when you calling in feeling entitled and being demanding that your at least polite. Impolite people get nothing from me.

I am always polite, i know what its like to work a **** job and get no respect. And i know CSRs can only do so much. Thats why i go to a store and deal with people, not a voice on a phone. That being said you can be polite and communicate dissatisfaction. And I'm not being entitled, replacing a warranty claim with a used product is poor business practice. If i bought a car and the engine blew and it was a total, i wouldnt expect the manufacturer to give me a used car, id expect a new car.
    07-07-10 10:34 PM

Also, idk if you read my initial post, im not looking for a free handout of a newer product, the bold. If tours are out of stock so be it. But if a new tour is available thats what i should be given.
    07-07-10 10:36 PM
    wait a month. u can call in , and be the captian of the universe, and u will get a referb, if u are over the 30 day worry free period then u get referbs. boldgate people got lucky including myself, and i found out about it elseware not even on the forums here, then i came to the forums here to post up.
    07-07-10 11:43 PM
    I take calls from customers who have 1500+ lines, customers who pay $10k-$1million/month and they get refurbished phones!

Good luck!
    07-08-10 02:41 AM
    For all of those that recieved the new in box bolds for their broken tours:

1. Did it effect your upgrade/ contract date at all?

2. what did you send the broken tour back in? Did you keep the box for the new bold and just put the broken tour in the verizon box they give you?

Thank you all!
    07-08-10 08:06 AM
    And I'm not being entitled, replacing a warranty claim with a used product is poor business practice. If i bought a car and the engine blew and it was a total, i wouldnt expect the manufacturer to give me a used car, id expect a new car.
    You might expect one, but you would not get one.
    07-08-10 08:53 AM
    backdown00:

It does not affect your contract terms or length. (altho, one or two said it had but got it corrected - it should NOT affect it).

Just in the outer shipping box with lots of paper stuffed around it. Kept the NEW bold box.
    07-08-10 08:59 AM
2,047 ... 7677787980 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD