09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 7576777879 ...
tools
    Well, I called (again) yesterday to get replacement #1 sent back. Replacement #2 just arrived from Ft Worth, green dot/white box Tour. Trackball is squishy and nicely seated, vastly different from replacement #1, which was brown box/blue+green dots and trackball & ring around trackball was quite loose & jiggly. #1 has a nice battery door, #2 doesn't have one. I'd like to keep that battery door but suppose that would mess up the deal?

So guess it's still hit or miss who gets lucky and gets a Bold & who doesn't. I just hope this one works. That trackball freezing up is really aggravating!
    Last edited by periwinklemoon; 07-02-10 at 12:32 PM.
    07-02-10 12:29 PM
    I just called after stumbling on this thread,

He gave me no issues replacing mine without running tests. But he did not mention anything about the bold. Looks like I will be getting the tour again. But I need a new one anyway I was almost out of warranty and I have 90 days with this new one there sending me.

IF it still gives me issues I will have to do the 4th replacement thing and get a bold
    07-02-10 01:15 PM

IF it still gives me issues I will have to do the 4th replacement thing and get a bold
    What 4th replacement thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 01:24 PM
    So It's been over 10 days now and I haven't sent my Tour 9630 back in.. what to do with it.. guess it's my back up
    The charge you will receive aside, and you will get charged, it will be interesting to see how they handle replacement phones for you in the future. Of course, if you have a balance due there is no tech support for you until it's paid. Good luck but a silly chance to take for a "backup" that will sit in your drawer. Don't know how much you could sell it for since I am pretty sure anyone you sell it to will have trouble enabling the device till you pay the balance for it anyway.
    07-02-10 01:41 PM
    I had a legitimate trackball issue one week prior to this thread. (Girl in store couldn't navigate on my Tour at all.) Got the refurb unit (which I was specifically told would be "new"... not "like new" or "refurbished) and the new ball is wobbly.

Phoned today... twice so far... with no luck. The first CSR opted to give me a "new" Curve 2 for free and she'd extend my contract for 2 years. Honestly... if the camera on the Curve 2 were up to par... I'd consider it. I declined and asked for a supervisor. Got his voice mail and haven't heard back. Also gave a poor report in the survey I was selected to take.

Phoned back and talked to a 2nd CSR who was even less helpful than the first one. No bueno. He tried to tell me I was eligible for an early upgrade... but that's on my dime... and that just doesn't sit well with me when this damn Tour purchase is only 1 year old. It is service like this that makes you want to jump ship to another provider. Unfortunately... Verizon really IS the best carrier in terms of network performance, availability and stability.

Sigh... I think I am now one of the unfortunate ones who will be stuck in Tour replacement ****.
    07-02-10 02:48 PM
    Wow... so we aren't allowed to use a word that rhymes with bell and begins with an "H"... REALLY? Good grief.
    07-02-10 02:50 PM
    I guess I don't see the reasoning in scoring VZ low on a survey because you called in to get your way regarding a new device and was given a reasonable option that "you" thought was bad service. VZ is only obligated make good on your original purchase resulting in a certified replacement or offering to move up your upgrade date. I think boldgate gave a lot of customers (crackberry croud) a sense of entitlement to recieve a Bold. A select few were very lucky (including myself), all you can hope for is a replacement that works.
    07-02-10 05:03 PM
    So I just got my Tour replacement in the mail and the trackball is pretty loose. Before I even activate it I am thinking about calling Verizon - is this a good or bad idea from those who have had the same issue? Should I test it than call or what is best operating to try and get a Bold?

I want the touchpad and am resentful that Verizon sold me my tour knowing that they Bold was coming out a measly 2 months later (thievery). What is the golden ticket for Verizon customer support that will have them give me a Bold?
    07-02-10 06:26 PM
    I called today to get the tracking number for a replacement tour I was supposed to receive tomorrow. The tier 2 rep said there wasn't any record of an order on my account and started to place an order for another phone.

I've gone through two tours in two weeks due to trackball and charging port issues. He obviously sympathized with my situation and proceeded to tell me that he could send me a Bold as a replacement. The next day shipping also got waived and I'll have my Bold tomorrow afternoon! I'm so excited to be out of Tour ****!

07-02-10 06:40 PM
    I guess I don't see the reasoning in scoring VZ low on a survey because you called in to get your way regarding a new device and was given a reasonable option that "you" thought was bad service. VZ is only obligated make good on your original purchase resulting in a certified replacement or offering to move up your upgrade date. I think boldgate gave a lot of customers (crackberry croud) a sense of entitlement to recieve a Bold. A select few were very lucky (including myself), all you can hope for is a replacement that works.
    My thoughts exactly.

Well said.
    07-02-10 06:47 PM
    Said coming from the guy that got the upgrade to the Bold. It is easy to say that when you received the upgrade. I am a believer that since people are getting upgrades when their phones have issues, my phone is having problems so I want an upgrade to the Bold as well - seems fair.
    07-02-10 06:55 PM
    So I just got my Tour replacement in the mail and the trackball is pretty loose. Before I even activate it I am thinking about calling Verizon - is this a good or bad idea from those who have had the same issue? Should I test it than call or what is best operating to try and get a Bold?

I want the touchpad and am resentful that Verizon sold me my tour knowing that they Bold was coming out a measly 2 months later (thievery). What is the golden ticket for Verizon customer support that will have them give me a Bold?
    Same exact thing happened to me. My Tour is a launch day, sailed along just fine till early June when trackball started to go bad. I called for a replacement last weekend since 1 yr warranty is almost up. Replacement #1 trackball was squishy kind, but the ring around it and everything was loose and jiggly like yours. I called yesterday to return it and try again. They replaced, no prob, and tho I was hoping for a Bold, I got another Tour. But at least the trackball on replacement #2 is snug.

I don't think there's a golden ticket. I don't begrudge those getting Bolds, and clearly there is no rhyme or reason to it, it's just happenstance when call is placed, who one gets on the phone (and if Tours are available or not). I called for replacement #2 same day as many on here did too. Some got Bolds, some got Tours. So it does seem a bit out of kilter that some of us will probably be having trackball issues again, out of warranty, while others are getting a newer model phone. (I was initially offered a Bold at $150 early upgrade but declined.) I'm satisfied with service from VZW, but they should at least be consistent, KWIM?
    07-02-10 07:28 PM
    Said coming from the guy that got the upgrade to the Bold. It is easy to say that when you received the upgrade. I am a believer that since people are getting upgrades when their phones have issues, my phone is having problems so I want an upgrade to the Bold as well - seems fair.
    It should be noted, I called in NOT expecting a bold, just a phone that worked. I'll correct your quote, "since people were getting upgrades." If the stock of FRU Tours had not have run dry, all 128 pages of this thread would not even exist. I can't believe the number of people that are bitter about not getting their upgrade, I'll be honest I'd be bummed, but no loss because we'd all still have our Tours if Boldgate had not existed. I'm sure VZ will pull through for you eventually.
    07-02-10 08:02 PM
    So attempt #2 was a near success. I got a sympathetic guy who said he totally sympathized with me. Sadly he than transferred me to a tech rep who said they would replace my phone. I tried to play dumb and ask about trackball problems and if they happen a lot and he claims they are sending me a Tour not a Bold.

I still have my fingers crossed, but I am guessing no. He even told me about Boldgate and said they were just out of Tours. If they send me another faulty Tour than I will complain again and make it attempt #2 for a Bold. If anyone has success let me know what the rep said and how you got a Bold. I was playing with a friends in anticipation and realized that the trackpad is a MAJOR improvement. Made me actually dislike my Tour a lot.
    07-03-10 12:09 AM
    Gezzz, you sound like my 4 year old "THEY GOT ONE , I WANT ONE TOO!!" Grow the **** up and get over it, that's life, better luck next time.

Temper tantrum much?
    07-03-10 10:10 AM
    The sense of entitlement is amazing and this is why Verizon (and a lot of other carriers) crack down on this. Yes, port out to AT&T and then port back when they give you a refurb phone as a replacement.
    07-04-10 06:27 AM
    Thousands of Tours in stock now for replacements, Boldgate is over!

07-04-10 07:00 AM
    Thousands of Tours in stock now for replacements, Boldgate is over!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The funny thing is people will still ask. I had one guy actually tell me he saw this forum and said he wanted the Bold. Needless to say, he got the Tour.
    07-04-10 11:02 AM
    One person in another thread claims to have been told yesterday that the Tour was in stock, but he asked for the Bold to replace his Tour and the rep was so nice that he is now going to get a Bold. I guess we/they will see?
    07-05-10 04:44 PM
    Because of this thread i make sure people get the Tour.
    07-05-10 04:47 PM
    Because of this thread i make sure people get the Tour.
    This

10char
    07-05-10 05:33 PM
    Not everyone is trying to scam VZW. True, it would seem a lot of people are, and that's not a cool thing to do. But many of us have legitimate issues, a lot of it trackball related. It is a bit frustrating to know that some people have managed to eliminate that problem altogether by getting a new/upgrade replacement that has no trackball, while others are still trying to get a replacement that works right and hustle before warranty runs out.

I'm on replacement #2 in past couple weeks. (Launch day Tour was absolutely perfect till trackball started freezing in June. I already miss that phone.) Replacement #1 had a trackball that jiggled and rattled a lot, as did the ring around it. Just wasn't well seated. Replacement #2 was better, so I activated it last night. So far, trackball is jumpy, of my first 5 calls, 3 have dropped and the other two cut out a lot. Camera shuts itself off repeatedly and I can't pair my bluetooth. So this is turning out to be quite frustrating. If trackball had not gone out on launch day Tour, I would have used that phone till I wore it out completely.

Guess my point is as frustrated as some VZW employees are with Boldgate, there are loyal, honest customers out there who are muddling through a lot of headaches and equally frustrated with how this has all gone down.
    07-05-10 08:42 PM
    I couldn't have said it better myself Periwinklemoon. It's total frustration to have a defective Tour and get another POS Tour as a replacement. I, myself, was told by the VZW rep in the store (the apparent BB expert) that I was going to get a "new" replacement. For that reason alone, I went along with it... even though my trackball was so bad she couldn't navigate the phone AT ALL.

Now... I'm stuck with a refurb that has a loose trackball and was someone else's previous nightmare. I have to shell out $150 to have the Bold... that is clearly the replacement to the Tour, while they hand it out to free to others. Sure, nobody should EXPECT it... but where is the fairness to those loyal VZW customers who have legitimate Tour claims. (I gotta have 10+ years now with VZW with NO prior phone claims.) Just doesn't sit well with me.
    07-06-10 04:53 PM
    I feel bad for those if you with real issues especially since this thread showed proof of the liars and cheats, but to stress the point again, people were not sent Bolds because of issues with the Tour, they were sent Bolds because if inventory issues with the Tour. Your warranty does not cover an exchange to another phone but vzw will give you another phone if the original is not in stock and that was the case here.

07-06-10 06:23 PM
    I couldn't have said it better myself Periwinklemoon. It's total frustration to have a defective Tour and get another POS Tour as a replacement. I, myself, was told by the VZW rep in the store (the apparent BB expert) that I was going to get a "new" replacement. For that reason alone, I went along with it... even though my trackball was so bad she couldn't navigate the phone AT ALL.

Now... I'm stuck with a refurb that has a loose trackball and was someone else's previous nightmare. I have to shell out $150 to have the Bold... that is clearly the replacement to the Tour, while they hand it out to free to others. Sure, nobody should EXPECT it... but where is the fairness to those loyal VZW customers who have legitimate Tour claims. (I gotta have 10+ years now with VZW with NO prior phone claims.) Just doesn't sit well with me.
    EXACTLY. My Tour is going down.
    -My trackball acts up randomly,
    -I get called from someone, but I hear 2 other people talking & they can't here me (NO, I don't have them 3-way call & my mic is on mute)
    -My internet browser is not functioning all the time.
    -I think I have an iPhone 4, sometimes my phone drops service in the area's with full service.

If I don't get a Bold as a replacement, (WHICH WOULD BE SUPER AWESOME YOU GODS AT VERIZON) I'll be on the next flight to the Droid X.
    07-06-10 06:58 PM
2,047 ... 7576777879 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD