09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 7475767778 ...
tools
    Unfortunatly, i'm under a year on my tour, but I already had to replace it once (about 6 months ago) due to issues, and the new refurbished one only gets a 90 day warranty. Hosed.
    That's not true. When you get a replacement device, you get 90 days extra or one year from the original purchase date. You get which ever one is later. Your tour is still under warranty.
    06-30-10 07:22 PM
    Same here, my trackball on my launch day Tour is almost frozen to a standstill. Replacement Tour arrived today, FRU from Ft Worth, 1 lb box.

I'm already concerned and haven't even fired it up. The trackball is the new rubber squishy kind, not hard like originals. But is also is really loose and jiggly in it's ring, like the whole works is not even seated tightly in there. Ring and all moves all over the place. Going to post in Tour forum too and see if that's normal or not.
    My Fru Tour came with the squishy trackball. Before I fired it up, the trackball didn't roll well when I tried it. Since connected, it has worked fine so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 08:24 PM
    Called in a claim with Asurion about my Tour having screen issues. my first Tour was stolen and Asurion sent me a new one. The replacement they sent me was the faulty one. When I filed the claim yesterday he told me they no longer carried Tours in stock and that my alternative was a Bold. I had a brand new retail box with all the accessories in my hands by noon today. Pretty satisfied.
    06-30-10 11:10 PM
    For those of us who don't have equipment protection/insurance, it seems like we're SOL if we missed Boldgate.
    07-01-10 07:57 AM
    I called sunday June 27th for my I think 4th phone. Got the tour from fedex on Wed June 30th. This trackball was worse then the one I had. Called this morning to replace the replacement. Guy looked at my account said to hold on to see if he could replace it with another device. Came back on and asked if I would like a phone just like mine with no trackball. Of course I said yes. So I have a bold being shipped out today. Thanks VZW for the great customer service.

07-01-10 09:10 AM
    I called sunday June 27th for my I think 4th phone. Got the tour from fedex on Wed June 30th. This trackball was worse then the one I had. Called this morning to replace the replacement. Guy looked at my account said to hold on to see if he could replace it with another device. Came back on and asked if I would like a phone just like mine with no trackball. Of course I said yes. So I have a bold being shipped out today. Thanks VZW for the great customer service.

What exactly did you say? Did you ask him to replace it with another device?
    07-01-10 09:14 AM
    Tell them you wiped the device, installed the latest software, did a battery pull and changed the trackball sensitivity. You still have a problem scrolling...
    07-01-10 09:17 AM
    Tell them you wiped the device, installed the latest software, did a battery pull and changed the trackball sensitivity. You still have a problem scrolling...
    I've done and said all of that, and they still send me Tours. I just sent back my fourth device. I feel like lordgoofy got lucky unless we're experiencing another Boldgate at the moment.
    07-01-10 09:20 AM
    I feel like lordgoofy got lucky unless we're experiencing another Boldgate at the moment.
    We just might be, who knows how many exchanged their Tours for new Bolds...
    07-01-10 09:21 AM
    On the phone with Verizon Wireless as we speak. Gonna try my luck replacing this damned trackball issue ridden Tour.
    07-01-10 09:25 AM
    theJothanlee, I had insurance and was lucky enough to get a bold within the window they were HANDING them out. Thanks to all who contribute here on CB, you have helped out alot.
    07-01-10 09:53 AM
    Tier 2 Verizon tech came through for me! Bold being shipped out today.
    07-01-10 09:57 AM
    what is tier 2 number again, I just got our 3rd refurb tour, and the whole trackball part moves when you move the trackball, its slight but I dont want anymore trackball issues.
    07-01-10 12:30 PM
    what is tier 2 number again, I just got our 3rd refurb tour, and the whole trackball part moves when you move the trackball, its slight but I dont want anymore trackball issues.
    I went through the normal route of calling customer service, getting forwarded to tech support, then being escalated to tier 2. I know the direct tier 2 phone number is somwhere in this thread, though. It's somewhere between page 100 and this page. Maybe someone else can help.
    07-01-10 12:59 PM
    I went through the normal route of calling customer service, getting forwarded to tech support, then being escalated to tier 2. I know the direct tier 2 phone number is somwhere in this thread, though. It's somewhere between page 100 and this page. Maybe someone else can help.
    thank you, I think I found the number in the thread and I am on the phone with the now, she is sending me out another "device" lets just see if its a tour or bold!
    07-01-10 01:05 PM
    Where was your Bold shipped from?
    It was shipped out of West Chester PA and was 3 lbs.
    07-01-10 02:07 PM
    All I said was that this was like my 4th or 5th exchange and he said something about looking to see if he could replace it with a device without a trackball.
    07-01-10 02:08 PM
    So I sent my tour back to verizon, checked the tracking, and noticed that it said it was in fort worth, tx. The doorbell rang yesterday and it's fedex bringing me my supposedly delivered package asking me if it was supposed to be sent out. Do you think if I call CS they'll understand the mix-up and not charge me the $500?

07-01-10 02:36 PM
    So I sent my tour back to verizon, checked the tracking, and noticed that it said it was in fort worth, tx. The doorbell rang yesterday and it's fedex bringing me my supposedly delivered package asking me if it was supposed to be sent out. Do you think if I call CS they'll understand the mix-up and not charge me the $500?

Are you sure it was not ANOTHER replacement that they sent you? I would grab the tracking info if it is still at the Fedex and copy/print the page.

You probably should call just to be sure.
    07-01-10 07:11 PM
    Just got off the phone, she is sending me a Refurb Tour, I asked if it had the trackball, she went back and looked for the option to replace it with a Bold and saw nothing. Does this mean they have the Tours in stock and i'm getting a Tour again? Or could that just have been the order form and they'll not have the actual phones in stock and send me a Bold instead?
    07-01-10 08:03 PM
    Are you sure it was not ANOTHER replacement that they sent you? I would grab the tracking info if it is still at the Fedex and copy/print the page.

You probably should call just to be sure.
    Yeah I'm sure. It had my return slip on the top and my crappy tape job haha. I sent it out on saturday, but it should be in texas by tomorrow. I think I'll wait and see what happens and if they don't charge me I won't worry about it.

07-01-10 08:09 PM
    So It's been over 10 days now and I haven't sent my Tour 9630 back in.. what to do with it.. guess it's my back up
    07-01-10 08:25 PM
    So It's been over 10 days now and I haven't sent my Tour 9630 back in.. what to do with it.. guess it's my back up
    Yes, a very expensive back up as they will be charging your account full retail price for the Bold as they did not get the Tour back Look for the charge on your account in the next 30 - 60 days.
    Last edited by sspartan; 07-01-10 at 09:22 PM.
    07-01-10 09:16 PM
    If you don't mind paying full retail for that Bold, you sure can keep it as a back up.
    07-02-10 12:57 AM
    You probably should send it back before you get charged...
    07-02-10 02:51 AM
2,047 ... 7475767778 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD