09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 7374757677 ...
tools
    Should I give up on getting a Bold as a replacemenet for all of the Tours with trackball issues?
    06-29-10 01:54 PM
    It seems to me that if it says the weight is 2lbs, you are getting a NIB Bold. Other than that, its a crapshoot on what you are getting.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems everyone that had 2lbs got a New Bold.
    06-29-10 02:10 PM
    Really? I have a Bold replacement coming (to replace the Bold I already have), and it's coming from West Chester, PA, but shows 1lb. I assumed it was a phone only FRU. Maybe there is hope it is the full package?
    That's what mine said when I received it last Friday. It also came from west chester, pa Turned out it realllly weighed 2lbs and had all the accessories like I had bought it at the store. :-D
    06-29-10 04:37 PM
    It seems to me that if it says the weight is 2lbs, you are getting a NIB Bold. Other than that, its a crapshoot on what you are getting.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems everyone that had 2lbs got a New Bold.
    OK, correcting you, everyone got a New Bold (except for those poor soles that got a Tour) no matter the weight, just some got accessories and some did not.
    06-29-10 04:49 PM
    Luckily my wifes tour stopped working over the weekend. She received, what she called, a strange error message and the phone powered down and would not come back on. Tried just about everything and couldn't get it to work. I was very excited to hear this and call up Big Red to get my new Bold after seeing this post. Unfortunately the only option they gave me was a refurb tour.

Received the refurb tour today w/o the battery, to my surprise, and the damn thing still doesn't work. Any suggestions for calling up and attempting to get a Bold?
    06-29-10 05:36 PM
    Called last week because tour truely had trackball problems. Fru was a 1 lb box from Ft. Worth. Of course it was a tour. Oh well, the new tour is working fine for now. If this one has problems, hopefully I'll get a bold next time!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 07:43 PM
    Luckily my wifes tour stopped working over the weekend. She received, what she called, a strange error message and the phone powered down and would not come back on. Tried just about everything and couldn't get it to work. I was very excited to hear this and call up Big Red to get my new Bold after seeing this post. Unfortunately the only option they gave me was a refurb tour.

Received the refurb tour today w/o the battery, to my surprise, and the damn thing still doesn't work. Any suggestions for calling up and attempting to get a Bold?
    They're going to tell you that the Tour is back in stock. Believe me--I've been trying.
    06-29-10 08:33 PM
    Called last week because tour truely had trackball problems. Fru was a 1 lb box from Ft. Worth. Of course it was a tour. Oh well, the new tour is working fine for now. If this one has problems, hopefully I'll get a bold next time!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same here, my trackball on my launch day Tour is almost frozen to a standstill. Replacement Tour arrived today, FRU from Ft Worth, 1 lb box.

I'm already concerned and haven't even fired it up. The trackball is the new rubber squishy kind, not hard like originals. But is also is really loose and jiggly in it's ring, like the whole works is not even seated tightly in there. Ring and all moves all over the place. Going to post in Tour forum too and see if that's normal or not.
    06-29-10 08:36 PM
    Same here, my trackball on my launch day Tour is almost frozen to a standstill. Replacement Tour arrived today, FRU from Ft Worth, 1 lb box.

I'm already concerned and haven't even fired it up. The trackball is the new rubber squishy kind, not hard like originals. But is also is really loose and jiggly in it's ring, like the whole works is not even seated tightly in there. Ring and all moves all over the place. Going to post in Tour forum too and see if that's normal or not.
    My refurbs both have the squishy ball. I HATE it. It's recessed into the ring and a pain in the @ss to click without either hitting the menu or back button.
    06-29-10 08:57 PM
    My refurbs both have the squishy ball. I HATE it. It's recessed into the ring and a pain in the @ss to click without either hitting the menu or back button.
    I didn't even catch that, yes it is very recessed compared to the original Tour trackball. I also asked over in Tour forum and was told the whole area the squishy ball is seated in should be nice and tight. This one is not, the ring and all jiggles around. So I'm going to send it back tomorrow, it's probably going to get even looser with use.
    06-29-10 09:30 PM
    Received my 4th? Tour today, they usually overnight the darn things too but I called on thursday last week and got it today. Doing device switch wizard now, hope this one works better than the last....

I really don't understand how they could send brand new phones as replacements to some people but not others. The first rep i talked to wouldn't even talk to me because I called from the phone, the second rep gave me the option of buy a new/refurb phone, go have someone in a vzw store clean my trackball or get another tour. I asked about the Bold they said they only sent them out because the Tours were out of stock. I said I would call back, next day Tours are off verizons site, I call again get a nice lady who didn't make me troubleshoot but only offered me another Tour...at least I got a new battery door with this one..
    06-29-10 09:51 PM
    Just throwing this out there. I'm a shipping coordinator so I deal with shipping crap every day all day. Some times when something gets packaged they are basing the weight off of a base weight for that package dimensions. If they use a standard approved box through fedex it might actually be a box designed for 3lbs or less shipments. If thats the case they are saving themselves money by using that kind of box. Think of the flat rate boxes that you see adds for with the postal service now. You know the Toy Story 3 pig pushing that box in...

Anyways you can put down a box is 1-3 pounds with it and still get billed for the flat rate. I'm guessing some of the shipping guys at Verizon do what my guys here do.

Pick up a box and say "Thats about 2lbs" then log it and tag it. And if you REALLY think about it, can you tell a noticible difference between 1lb and 3lbs if your just picking up 2 pound boxes all day? You dont realize the weight until you put it on a scale that has been calibrated.
    06-29-10 10:44 PM
    Received my 4th? Tour today, they usually overnight the darn things too but I called on thursday last week and got it today. Doing device switch wizard now, hope this one works better than the last....

I really don't understand how they could send brand new phones as replacements to some people but not others. The first rep i talked to wouldn't even talk to me because I called from the phone, the second rep gave me the option of buy a new/refurb phone, go have someone in a vzw store clean my trackball or get another tour. I asked about the Bold they said they only sent them out because the Tours were out of stock. I said I would call back, next day Tours are off verizons site, I call again get a nice lady who didn't make me troubleshoot but only offered me another Tour...at least I got a new battery door with this one..

the way they get away with that, is they dont do the shipping and receiving, they pay a company to do that. all they do is order the replacement deivce, send the order to new breed, and new breed does the work. and sends vzw a bill for their services. if they didnt have referb bolds, the lucky ones got a new one. it was a right place at the right time thing thats all. and thos who didnt act during that time frame didnt get a new bold, heck even the ones that did act only got a referb bold but anything is better than that tour i think.

not even vzw knew it was happening till the word got out after it was 90% finished. people called and they were like wha???? i called and it took 2 calls, the 2nd guy said if were out of tours i can order u a bold, he said it would be a referb bold to send my phone only back and keep the batt door and batt and media card, little did he know i got a brand new one. sometimes the left hand dont know what the right hands doing. esp when ur so big u dont even do ur own shipping/receiving/warehousing. if u google new breed vzw they messed up before on stuff like telling vzw the faulty device came back to them and tons of people got charged retal for the device they returned but new breed didnt say they did. in the big corp structure its so spread out sometimes a dont know what B is doing, and this is what happened here.
    Last edited by mikells43; 06-29-10 at 11:20 PM.
    06-29-10 11:15 PM
    Pick up a box and say "Thats about 2lbs" then log it and tag it. And if you REALLY think about it, can you tell a noticible difference between 1lb and 3lbs if your just picking up 2 pound boxes all day? You dont realize the weight until you put it on a scale that has been calibrated.
    I don't think they have been trained how to ... yet ,lol
    06-30-10 07:40 AM
    Received my NIB Bold yesterday loaded with .732.. All sealed in retail box. They tried to change my upgrade date, but a simple call to a CSR fixed that right away. I love this new phone so far. So long trackball! Hello wifi!
    06-30-10 09:31 AM
    Received my NIB Bold yesterday loaded with .732.. All sealed in retail box. They tried to change my upgrade date, but a simple call to a CSR fixed that right away. I love this new phone so far. So long trackball! Hello wifi!
    Where was your Bold shipped from?
    06-30-10 12:32 PM
    I sadly got a not working well FRU tour!!!
    06-30-10 02:28 PM
    I just got my NIB Bold along with a separately boxed standard battery (which says $39.99 on it) and wall charger ($29.99). They would be handy to have but is there a chance I'll be charged for the mixup?
    I had the same thing happen to me. Got a new in box Bold and it also came with a 2nd new in box battery and charger. Could not be happier!
    06-30-10 03:05 PM
    Unfortunatly, i'm under a year on my tour, but I already had to replace it once (about 6 months ago) due to issues, and the new refurbished one only gets a 90 day warranty. Hosed.
    06-30-10 03:10 PM
    Unfortunatly, i'm under a year on my tour, but I already had to replace it once (about 6 months ago) due to issues, and the new refurbished one only gets a 90 day warranty. Hosed.

Are you sure about that ? I was told you get the remander of your warranty.
    06-30-10 03:26 PM
    My trackball finally acted up but the guy said Tour.
    06-30-10 03:35 PM
    Are you sure about that ? I was told you get the remander of your warranty.
    As I understand it from talking with a VZW store manager before she replaced my Tour with a new Bold and my daughter's Tour with a FRU Tour, company policy states that a warranty replacement will carry the remainder of the Verizon one-year warranty, which started the day you got your original phone. If you got your Tour in January, your warranty will run until January next year as long as the phone was replaced by VZW. If your phone came from Asurion as an insurance replacement (if you paid a deductible) then the warranty runs 90 days.

She also told me that the better CSRs often try to work the system so that customers get the best deal, so it may just come down to the luck of the draw in who you talk to. They won't cheat for you, but they know the system and just where the holes are. It may help to work some reference to volunteering for the quality survey into your conversation. Apparently, Big Red really does look at those results when evaluating their employees.
    06-30-10 03:45 PM
    On my FRU packaging it stated that it came with a 90 warrenty OR the remainder of my original phone warrenty, whichever is longer.
    06-30-10 06:09 PM
    As I understand it from talking with a VZW store manager before she replaced my Tour with a new Bold and my daughter's Tour with a FRU Tour, company policy states that a warranty replacement will carry the remainder of the Verizon one-year warranty, which started the day you got your original phone. If you got your Tour in January, your warranty will run until January next year as long as the phone was replaced by VZW

Thanks that is what I ment to say
    06-30-10 06:49 PM
    On my FRU packaging it stated that it came with a 90 warrenty OR the remainder of my original phone warrenty, whichever is longer.
    Yes exactly
    06-30-10 06:50 PM
2,047 ... 7374757677 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD