09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 7273747576 ...
tools
    I had a Tour and a Storm 2. Storm 2 was active, Tour was broken in my drawer. I wanted to go back to the Tour so I called to have my broken tour replaced. They replaced it, but they put it in the system to replace my Storm, not my Tour. Now they want my Storm 2 in place of the Tour they sent out (which later became a Bold through another return).

They want to charge me $500 or so because I didn't send my Storm 2 back even though I sent my Tour back. Who in their right mind would exchange a Storm 2 for a Tour? Anyways, I just got off the phone with them. They are going to wait it out and refund my account if they do infact try to charge me for not returning the right phone.
    Oooooh, CS error. That's awful.
    06-28-10 02:52 PM
    Just called and they are sending out a replacement tour. At this point if it works I will be happy...but if it doesn't I will be sure to call again. Thanks to all who have posted their experiences.
    06-28-10 02:56 PM
    I had a Tour and a Storm 2. Storm 2 was active, Tour was broken in my drawer. I wanted to go back to the Tour so I called to have my broken tour replaced. They replaced it, but they put it in the system to replace my Storm, not my Tour. Now they want my Storm 2 in place of the Tour they sent out (which later became a Bold through another return).

They want to charge me $500 or so because I didn't send my Storm 2 back even though I sent my Tour back. Who in their right mind would exchange a Storm 2 for a Tour? Anyways, I just got off the phone with them. They are going to wait it out and refund my account if they do infact try to charge me for not returning the right phone.
    Did you not reactivate the Tour first?
    06-28-10 02:57 PM
    I just called and they told me I am getting FRU tour. If its not perfect I will be calling and sending it back immediately.

I am on my 4th tour.
    06-28-10 03:09 PM
    Did you not reactivate the Tour first?
    Nope. Didn't realize I would have to. I talked to the CS guy for a while and he definitely knew my Storm was active (he specifically asked me about it) and he knew exactly what I was asking for (Tour for a Tour, no Storm involved). The lady I talked to today said that even if he put it in to replace the Tour, the people at the warehouse would have set it up to replace the Storm because it was active.

Next time I'll know, but they should have mentioned something to me while I was on the phone.
    06-28-10 03:14 PM
    Nope. Didn't realize I would have to. I talked to the CS guy for a while and he definitely knew my Storm was active (he specifically asked me about it) and he knew exactly what I was asking for (Tour for a Tour, no Storm involved). The lady I talked to today said that even if he put it in to replace the Tour, the people at the warehouse would have set it up to replace the Storm because it was active.

Next time I'll know, but they should have mentioned something to me while I was on the phone.
    Yeah, you can pretty much only get a replacement for an active phone that is still under warranty, now with insurance that might be different. There was some "talk" of people wanting to reactivate their old Tours after buying a Bold or other phones, so they could get a new Bold upgrade for free through the recent "Boldgate" replacement plan.
    06-28-10 04:26 PM
    I'm pretty sure "Boldgate" is over. I'm on my 4th Tour. I just called, and they said that the crunch for Tours were over now that they're in stock. Looks like I'm getting another Tour.
    06-28-10 04:33 PM
    Question, if your replacement is worst then the one you actually got, can you just send the replacement back? I am sick and tired of this game.
    06-28-10 04:43 PM
    Question, if your replacement is worst then the one you actually got, can you just send the replacement back? I am sick and tired of this game.
    Give them a call. They'll tell you to just return the replacement. It's what I'm doing now. I'm just not sure if you have to notify them before you do it.
    06-28-10 04:51 PM

This is what happened for my wife's Tour. The replacement that came was worse than her original. We didn't activate it, and sent it back. Just got a "new FRU" Bold in it's place. I'm sure momma will be very happy when she gets home tonight!
    Last edited by Turbaru; 06-28-10 at 06:13 PM.
    06-28-10 05:02 PM
    glad to see everyone is happy with there replacements
    06-28-10 06:07 PM
    I had called on Thursday the 24th reporting a trackball issue, they sent an FRU Tour. I called back on Friday playing dumb saying "I thought the CSR said they were replacing all Tours with Bolds. I dont want another phone that is going to have issues." They said the warranty only covers replacement with the same device.

I got the Tour replacement today and am having problems with the lock button so I called and they said they would send another Tour so I asked again about the Bold and she put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back saying the only reason they were replacing with Bolds was because of low stock and that she cant have the system send a Bold. She did mention if I have problems with the 3rd one that they might be able to give me an upgrade.
    06-28-10 06:15 PM
    I had called on Thursday the 24th reporting a trackball issue, they sent an FRU Tour. I called back on Friday playing dumb saying "I thought the CSR said they were replacing all Tours with Bolds. I dont want another phone that is going to have issues." They said the warranty only covers replacement with the same device.

I got the Tour replacement today and am having problems with the lock button so I called and they said they would send another Tour so I asked again about the Bold and she put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back saying the only reason they were replacing with Bolds was because of low stock and that she cant have the system send a Bold. She did mention if I have problems with the 3rd one that they might be able to give me an upgrade.
    Fourth Tour. They told me the same thing with the upgrade. But they neglect to mention that the upgrade also requires you to sign a new two year agreement and pay the two year agreement price of the device.
    06-28-10 09:29 PM
    I talked to CS on the 26th about trackball issue, and a ear speaker issue along with other annoyances and she said that she would put in an order for a new bold but they were not in stock and that she would put in the order today. Well, I called earlier today to confirm that nothing had gotten lost in the order process and the rep confirmed everything with me that the order was set to be put in and she even emailed the original rep to remind her to put in the order for me. Well I called again a little while ago and this rep told me that they would only be able to replace the tour with another refurbed tour. Well I was talking to tech support and I explained that the past two reps had already told me that they would be sending me a bold (which she confirmed to me in the notes on my acct) and they are supposed to call me back tomorrow if/when anymore bolds are in stock.

So if you are just trying to call in now, I am guessing that since they have fru tours in stock now they are going to send those out. If you had called before and they didnt have any bolds and they told you they would send out a bold when one becomes available then you need to confirm with the csr about the notes on the acct.
    06-28-10 10:57 PM
    Not sure were this idea of if your tracking order says package weight is 2 - 3 lbs your getting a bold replacement with all the accessories or else. I just received my Bold replacement for my Tour and it was .9lbs on UPS tracking, yet I still received brand new Bold with all the accessories in a sealed brand new Verozon box.
    06-28-10 10:58 PM
    Also want to comment I didn't even call in and talk to someone, I went to the phoneclaims.com website for asurion and got the replacement Bold without speaking to a soul...
    06-28-10 11:00 PM
    Also want to comment I didn't even call in and talk to someone, I went to the phoneclaims.com website for asurion and got the replacement Bold without speaking to a soul...
    I know this is a long thread but since it is obvious you didn't even read a word of it, the people here are talking about getting Bolds for their Tours under warranty because of inventory problems, NOT by filing an insurance claim.
    06-28-10 11:47 PM
    Not sure were this idea of if your tracking order says package weight is 2 - 3 lbs your getting a bold replacement with all the accessories or else. I just received my Bold replacement for my Tour and it was .9lbs on UPS tracking, yet I still received brand new Bold with all the accessories in a sealed brand new Verozon box.
    Really? I have a Bold replacement coming (to replace the Bold I already have), and it's coming from West Chester, PA, but shows 1lb. I assumed it was a phone only FRU. Maybe there is hope it is the full package?
    06-29-10 07:05 AM
    Scratch that. It now says 3lbs.
    06-29-10 07:58 AM
    Where was your package sent from?
    06-29-10 09:34 AM
    Do not think the weight of your shipment determine what your getting. The First time I looked on this forum saw people saying if your package 2-3 lbs on the tracking info you are assured a brand new Bold with all the accessories versus a FRU Bold or worst a FRU Tour. My tracking for my shipment said it was .9lbs. Started to get disappointed until shipment arrived and I got a brand new Bold as if I got it from the Verizon store with all the accessories.

Also wanted to note, I filed my claim online thru the asurion warranty service for Verizon and got the Bold replacement without speaking to a soul. Placed online claim late Saturday afternoon on 6/26/10 received new Bold Monday afternoon 6/28/10. The website said since the Tour is being discontinued the Bold will be the replacement. So I take that as Tours are being junked as they are returned and not getting repaired for refurb
    06-29-10 09:43 AM
    I know this is a long thread but since it is obvious you didn't even read a word of it, the people here are talking about getting Bolds for their Tours under warranty because of inventory problems, NOT by filing an insurance claim.
    Your right I tried to weed thru all the whining as much as possible, And my main point was the weight of the shipment being 2-3 lbs to determine if it's a FRU or new. My shipment was .9lbs and I still received new bold, regardless if it was a warranty return or insurance claim.
    06-29-10 09:51 AM
    That is probably just the closest weight to the package. Like if something weighs under 2lbs then they just put 2 lbs
    06-29-10 10:33 AM
    Mine said 3lbs on the FedEx tracking site from day one out of Ft. Worth, TX and at every tracking point along the way until received in Chicago, IL and never changed. Shipping label on box says 3lbs, but box clearly weighs 1lb at max, probably less since it only contained a Bold FRU9650 phone w/o battery, charger, holster, cable, manuals, etc. Shipping weights don't seem to mean much on these things in my opinion.
    06-29-10 12:14 PM
    my brother just received his bold 9650 for his tour and he is lovin it
    06-29-10 12:26 PM
2,047 ... 7273747576 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD