09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 7172737475 ...
tools
    Good luck with everyone exchanging your tours in for the Bold. I called up and asked and then told the lady that I read online that they were out of Tours and that they were shipping new in box Bolds and that's exactly what I got. Its worth a shot. Call in and see what they say. I'm really glad Verizon is doing this. Its showing they actually care about their customers for once. One step in the right direction!
    Can you let us know exactly what you said to make this happen? Thanks.
    06-27-10 05:49 PM
    I've called twice about this with no dice. I was told I can upgrade when I'm eligible but my warranty will only cover a replacement Tour. This is clearly Verizon's warranty and I am convinced that Bold replacements are happening only if you are lucky to call when Tour FRU's are out of stock. It appears that all of you who have called recently were very lucky/got a rep who bent the rules to please you. If they went off policy, good for them for making you a happy camper!
    06-27-10 06:08 PM
    I've called twice about this with no dice. I was told I can upgrade when I'm eligible but my warranty will only cover a replacement Tour. This is clearly Verizon's warranty and I am convinced that Bold replacements are happening only if you are lucky to call when Tour FRU's are out of stock. It appears that all of you who have called recently were very lucky/got a rep who bent the rules to please you. If they went off policy, good for them for making you a happy camper!
    I'm kind of leaning toward that line of thought, too.

I was offered a Bold at an early upgrade price of $149.99 (which I politely declined).

I called the other day with a genuine trackball issue and since warranty is coming to an end wanted to get it taken care of. Rolled along just fine for 11 months, from launch till early June and it just started stalling then freezing up all together on a left motion. (Out of town so didn't see this thread or would have called in immediately. ) Receiving a Bold would be a pleasant surprise, but doubt it's going to happen (1 lb from Ft Worth). It's cool if I get a Tour as long as it fixes the problem. I am a bit concerned replacement trackball could fail over time. I was given a 90 day extended warranty on replacement, but as I said, it took the first one almost a full year to go wonky.

Since it seems rare that anyone has mentioned being charged for a Bold when they've been shipping so many out free, definitely seems to be about timing & luck.
    06-27-10 06:37 PM
    Don't think anyone went off policy or bent rules, Tours (new or FRU) are out of stock and have been for about 2 weeks now, VZW has no choice but to send Bold (new or FRU depending upon stock) as warranty replacement units. See if anything in this Verizon Early Upgrade Program will help.
    06-27-10 09:13 PM
    Tour FRU's are definitely not out of stock as earlier today tech support ordered one for me. Would love to be surprised with a Bold but I doubt it.
    06-27-10 09:19 PM

if u read the forums, vzw was out of tour replacements when this swarm of calls came in.

i got a brand new bold as a replacement. vzw has a seperate company that does their logistics/shipping/receiving/warehousing, its new breed. my new bold box had fru 9650 on it. i called a store and said what do i send in i got a bold she said send the phone and nothing else, called anouther store and she said send batt back and phone and whatever i got. one person says one thing one says anouther thing.

but there was a swarm of calls, vz was out of FRU (feild replacement unit) tours and their logistics company (new breed) sent out brand new bolds(and they sent out referb bolds too some got them). it was no twist or bend of rules. it took me 2 calls, the 2nd rep said let me check, he said now im the lucky person to put the code for the bold in for you and he ordered me the bold and over nited it to me. my acct says im using the bold and im eligeable for an upgrade in 8 months.

BlackBerryBold 9650 smartphone
    Phone Details
    Upgrade Available
    Review this Phone New Every Two You will be eligible to upgrade your phone at discounted pricing on 3/15/11 and will be eligible to receive an additional New Every Two discount on 3/15/11. 8 months remaining

that was copyed from my verizon. no twist of rules it was a glitch that people jumped on and took advantage of. if u missed it , sorry about ur luck i feel bad for u honestly. but there was a time frame to call in it seems.

and in closing , id keep trying cause the tour isn't even on their site anymore fora new customer or someone to upgrade too. some of the reps are slow. and they dont really know till they try to order it

and lastly call 866 406 5154 thats the level 2 csr's and level 3''s. they know their stuff. dont waste ur time with 611.
    06-27-10 09:21 PM
    Tour FRU's are definitely not out of stock as earlier today tech support ordered one for me. Would love to be surprised with a Bold but I doubt it.
    Might depend upon which rep or what warehouse they check, but I checked this afternoon and Tours are "still out of stock" right now according to tech support.
    06-27-10 09:56 PM
    Just a quick FYI: I got my Bold at the end of the week last week, the shipping weight was 2.0 lbs, and it was a NEW Bold, box and all... Complete package.
    06-27-10 11:14 PM
    Can you let us know exactly what you said to make this happen? Thanks.
    I just called up and was very polite to the lady and I said my tour trackball has been giving me issues for a while now and I wanted to see if I could get it fixed. She said absolutely and that she was going to send me a replacement tour. I was like I read online that other people were having this issue and that it was a common problem and Verizon was shipping out brand new Bolds. She was like ohh, let me look into that for you. I politely thanked her and said I was sorry about the whole thing and she was like I can do it. She took my information and told me that I was going to be receiving a new bold with all the accessories and that I was to place only my tour and to keep all the accessories in the box and mail it back within ten days otherwise I would be charged full retail which around $500. I thanked her for all her time and when I received my Bold I got everything new in box plus a new in-box Verizon charger and new in-box battery on top of the already included Bold charger sealed in the Bold Box. All together I now have 3 batteries, 3 chargers, 2 holisters and 2 usb cables, etc
    06-28-10 05:26 AM
    Alright well my weight of the package just changed this morning from 2.0 lbs to 3.0 lbs.. I know I am getting a NIB Bold, but does this mean there will be other goodies that accompany it!??? Anxiously awaiting tomorrow. The fedex tracking page has not updated since friday night except for the weight. I wish they had a realtime tracker!
    06-28-10 09:51 AM
    I know in my case, I am usually directed to tech support in an attempt to troubleshoot my issues. Afterwards, it is the same tech support representative who orders me a warranty replacement. Is this usually the case? Or can normal customer service representatives order replacements as well? And if so, how do I go about setting that up with a customer service rep?
    06-28-10 09:59 AM
    I know in my case, I am usually directed to tech support in an attempt to troubleshoot my issues. Afterwards, it is the same tech support representative who orders me a warranty replacement. Is this usually the case? Or can normal customer service representatives order replacements as well? And if so, how do I go about setting that up with a customer service rep?
    Depending on your region, you may actually get an outsourced call center (only meaning that its not an actual VzW center), therefore the reps there can not order replacements at all. Regular CS can order phones, most times but would have to transfer you to tech for further troubleshooting on a smartphone. Why would you not just want to deal with Tech?
    06-28-10 10:29 AM
    I just got my NIB Bold along with a separately boxed standard battery (which says $39.99 on it) and wall charger ($29.99). They would be handy to have but is there a chance I'll be charged for the mixup?
    06-28-10 10:43 AM
    I just got my NIB Bold along with a separately boxed standard battery (which says $39.99 on it) and wall charger ($29.99). They would be handy to have but is there a chance I'll be charged for the mixup?
    No not at all. What's happening is some reps, not following directions, are sending chargers and batteries with the replacement Bold. Since they are sending it to you credited at 100%, they can not go back and charge you for it later. You my friend are benefiting from a reps mistake. Enjoy!
    06-28-10 10:47 AM
    My replacement tour has been acting up since I got it last week and I have tried calling multiple times with no luck.

Well today one CSR checked and bolds are out of stock and he will be giving me a call tomorrow or wed when they are in stock and getting me one as a replacement
    06-28-10 10:56 AM
    You will not get charged. Some misinformed reps are thinking that since it's a different device, it must require a different battery or charger. That's why they're sending out extra freebies.
    06-28-10 11:30 AM
    So, I got my NEW Bold yesterday. It actually was delivered friday, but I was out of town on business for the weekend and just got it activated last night. My tour was legit screwed up so they replaced it with another Tour first. That Tour bricked during the OS update and the Tech guy sent me a Bold. He said it would be a stripped down replacement refurb but instead I got a Brand new Bold. 2lbs shipped from Ontario, CA. My Trackpad is slightly raised on the left, but I actually like it being a righty. Its gotta be terrible for lefties, but its not so bad having it slanted towards my right thumb a little bit. I'm already used to it and have no intention of ever changing it even if they fix the problem.

Anyways, thats my story. Thanks to everyone in here for providing the heads up on the Bold. I was using my Storm2 while my Tour layed broken. So happy to be back with a working keyboard phone!
    06-28-10 11:39 AM
    Just curious, how did it "brick" during the OS update?

So, I got my NEW Bold yesterday. It actually was delivered friday, but I was out of town on business for the weekend and just got it activated last night. My tour was legit screwed up so they replaced it with another Tour first. That Tour bricked during the OS update and the Tech guy sent me a Bold. He said it would be a stripped down replacement refurb but instead I got a Brand new Bold. 2lbs shipped from Ontario, CA. My Trackpad is slightly raised on the left, but I actually like it being a righty. Its gotta be terrible for lefties, but its not so bad having it slanted towards my right thumb a little bit. I'm already used to it and have no intention of ever changing it even if they fix the problem.

Anyways, thats my story. Thanks to everyone in here for providing the heads up on the Bold. I was using my Storm2 while my Tour layed broken. So happy to be back with a working keyboard phone!
    06-28-10 11:41 AM
    There should be a receipt in the box that shows how much (if anything) you were charged for the phone and anything else, it will either show $0.00 or show a charge amount with a credit of the same amount and a total charge of $0.00. If not, you will need to call customer support and get it straightened out.
    06-28-10 12:05 PM
    Happened to cousin that verizon replaced his tour for a bold
    06-28-10 12:07 PM
    There should be a receipt in the box that shows how much (if anything) you were charged for the phone and anything else, it will either show $0.00 or show a charge amount with a credit of the same amount and a total charge of $0.00. If not, you will need to call customer support and get it straightened out.
    No it all says $0.00. I'm just not used to getting something for nothing.

For the record, my shipping weight was 3.0 lbs. Thanks to everyone for the heads up, I'd been procrastinating on calling CS and suffering along with a glitchy as $&*# phone.
    06-28-10 12:15 PM
    Just curious, how did it "brick" during the OS update?
    Well, I never use a Mac but I had to because my Windows machine was all packed up for my upcoming trip. I plugged it in the Mac and used the Blackberry Desktop Manager on the Mac to update my OS and during the process it completely froze on me. I called up tech support and was on the phone with them for 45 minutes and finally the guy goes, "How would you like a Bold?". I said yes and they sent it out.
    06-28-10 12:54 PM
    I started with 2 phones, a Tour and a Storm 2. The Storm 2 was activated because the Tour was broken. I had the Tour replaced withe a Tour which was bricked and got that replaced with a Bold. I just called because I had a question about my emails and the guy told me that they have it in their system that they were replacing my Storm 2 with a Tour, then that Tour with a Bold. Therefore, I should have a Tour and a Bold instead of a Storm and a Bold.

I have the Bold and Storm 2 in my hands, and there is no way they are taking either back and giving me a Tour and there is no way I'm paying a punishment fee. This is annoying!
    06-28-10 01:14 PM
    I started with 2 phones, a Tour and a Storm 2. The Storm 2 was activated because the Tour was broken. I had the Tour replaced withe a Tour which was bricked and got that replaced with a Bold. I just called because I had a question about my emails and the guy told me that they have it in their system that they were replacing my Storm 2 with a Tour, then that Tour with a Bold. Therefore, I should have a Tour and a Bold instead of a Storm and a Bold.

I have the Bold and Storm 2 in my hands, and there is no way they are taking either back and giving me a Tour and there is no way I'm paying a punishment fee. This is annoying!
    I don't get it.
    06-28-10 01:17 PM
    I had a Tour and a Storm 2. Storm 2 was active, Tour was broken in my drawer. I wanted to go back to the Tour so I called to have my broken tour replaced. They replaced it, but they put it in the system to replace my Storm, not my Tour. Now they want my Storm 2 in place of the Tour they sent out (which later became a Bold through another return).

They want to charge me $500 or so because I didn't send my Storm 2 back even though I sent my Tour back. Who in their right mind would exchange a Storm 2 for a Tour? Anyways, I just got off the phone with them. They are going to wait it out and refund my account if they do infact try to charge me for not returning the right phone.
    06-28-10 01:30 PM
2,047 ... 7172737475 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD