09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 7071727374 ...
tools
    brand new in the box bold arrived today with all acessories. Must be lucky. I called only yesterday. Seems that a non camera version is refurb, camera version is NIB.
    WOW !!!
    06-25-10 04:29 PM
    Has anyone who received a Bold with a defective trackpad been able to exchange it for one with a good trackpad?

Are these Bold's being so freely shipped out in exchange for the Tours because they (the Bold's) have this defect?

Just a thought.
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 06-25-10 at 04:58 PM.
    06-25-10 04:46 PM
    Well my "bold" just arrived. But it was a tour, even though the rep specifically told me I was getting a bold. Looks like verizon will be getting a phone call from me tonight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hey man, dont even bother telling us on this thread. cuz people will start calling you "a whiny 5yr old who didnt get what they want" i tried to call and tell them and they told me "nope our notes say refurb tour, no can do man, no bold" but hey if u get a bold then sweet man
    06-25-10 07:21 PM
    hey man, dont even bother telling us on this thread. cuz people will start calling you "a whiny 5yr old who didnt get what they want" i tried to call and tell them and they told me "nope our notes say refurb tour, no can do man, no bold" but hey if u get a bold then sweet man
    Well after a quick call to Verizon, they are now actually sending me a Bold. I didn't even activate the tour they sent me, it's just going straight back in the box and back to New Breed. The Bold should be here Tuesday. I made the rep/tech check one last time right before I hung up to make sure i was getting a 9650 as opposed to a 9630.
    06-25-10 09:29 PM
    So I haven't read all the threads but what are people doing about getting bolds with no camera, but were not told they were getting a phone with no camera?

06-25-10 10:18 PM
    Does anyone elses screen on the bold sit "recessed" and not flush with the buttons and trackpad? It might be the new design but I was just wondering
    Yes, and I hate it. But I way like it better than my annoying trackball issues, so I'll deal. I'm going to put a thicker screen protector on it to try to make up the difference. The privacy one that Verizon sells for 12.99 does the trick pretty well.
    06-25-10 10:34 PM
    Went to vzw today becuase i have been having problems with my bbm lately. Also the trackball has been acting up but i was able to deal with it for the time being. Was at the store earlier this week explaining the problems to the rep but the problems could not be duplicated (as usual). So after 30 minutes in the store they rep told me i was better pf callin customer service and complaining to them to get a new phone sent out. So i am going to call up big red tomorrow and see waht they have to say.
    06-26-10 01:37 AM
    Well my first try on getting a bold, I ended up getting a refurb tour again. Got it the second time though. My bold should be here later today
    06-26-10 01:42 AM
    well all is good now. They sent me out a NIB Bold. They didn't have any FRU Bold's (so they said) and sent me to the store to pick one up. The store proceeded to tell me they didn't have any in stock and told me that was that. Called up and got a CSR who could not have been more sympathetic and said while they normally don't do this, they will send me a brand new bold. Received shipment information and it is 2.0lb out of West Chester, PA coming to me in NY. Love it.
    06-26-10 11:54 AM
    Well after a quick call to Verizon, they are now actually sending me a Bold. I didn't even activate the tour they sent me, it's just going straight back in the box and back to New Breed. The Bold should be here Tuesday. I made the rep/tech check one last time right before I hung up to make sure i was getting a 9650 as opposed to a 9630.
    What did you end up telling the CSR to get the Bold? My last two replacements were Tours with defective trackballs. I felt like I was rolling them in gravel.
    06-26-10 02:40 PM
    What did you end up telling the CSR to get the Bold? My last two replacements were Tours with defective trackballs. I felt like I was rolling them in gravel.
    The first time I called I didn't ask about the bold at all. The rep told me that they were out of tours and told me I would be receiving a bold. After waiting two days for it, even though the rep said it would be overnighted, I found out they sent me a tour instead of the bold. I called back and told them they had promised me a bold instead of the tour, and I was transferred to a tech who placed the order for the bold. The tour I got went straight back in the box and is going back to verizon. - never activated it, or turned it on for that matter.

06-26-10 02:47 PM
    So a week ago I called VZW CSR and said my tour was not working right (headphone jack). I was transfered to tech support. She sent me out a bold. Waited 3 days and got a replacement style (no battery no nothing in box) I looked at it was real happy, went to peel off the plastic and what dont I see on the back? A camera thats right. Called CSR again was transfered to tech support and talked to him for a long 20min and said I want a whole unit with battery, charger, case. He laughed and said I will see what I can do. Now yesterday new bold comes and it is everything I wanted. Gotta wonder if they are trying to get all the tours off the network.
    06-26-10 03:07 PM
    yes i really do think they are trying to get of as many tours as possible. if you look to buy a phone on the verizon website currently, the tour is not even offered or show up anywhere on the website anymore.

the bold is what the tour should have been!

thanks again verizon
    06-26-10 03:16 PM
    What if Verizon had offered early upgrades with new contracts for all Tour users before "Boldgate" started?

06-26-10 03:52 PM
    Hey Everyone,

So I received my Bold 9650 as a replacement to my Tour. I followed the forum and tracked my package like everyone else, but one thing I thought was weird was my package was 3 LBS and remained 3 LBS. My tour came from Ontario California and I was shocked on the extras that came with my new bold.

I received a New in box Blackberry Bold 9650 complete with all the included accessories (Charger, Battery, Holister, Manuals, Headphones and USB cable) and to my surprise in the box was a new in box Battery with a $39.99 price label still on the box and a new in box Verizon Branded wall charger also with a price tag on the box which reads $29.99. Plus on top of that I don't have to send back my tour accessories, just the device. This leaves me with 3 chargers, 2 holisters, 3 batteries, 2 headphones, 2 USB cables all the other stuff. Cannot be happier. Best of all it was all free. See my pictures below.

06-26-10 08:24 PM
    It looks like Christmas!
    06-26-10 10:43 PM
    Jeez, I'm so jealous of you people that got all those goodies! Why couldn't my rep have been as clueless?!
    06-26-10 11:26 PM
    Lol. I love getting clueless reps. I got more stuff without even using my upgrade than if I used it. lol
    06-27-10 07:57 AM
    So just to clarify, are people still getting Bolds as replacements for Tours? Or are Tours back in stock? And even if they are back in stock, is it possible for people to get Bolds as replacements without signing a new contract?
    06-27-10 01:10 PM
    Noboby really knows for sure. I called twice when everyone was getting their Tours replaced w/Bolds and each time I get through to the Texas call center and they sent me Tours. If I have to do another exchange, I'm just gonna assume they will send me another Tour.

So just to clarify, are people still getting Bolds as replacements for Tours? Or are Tours back in stock? And even if they are back in stock, is it possible for people to get Bolds as replacements without signing a new contract?
    06-27-10 01:19 PM
    I was lucky and got a new in box Bold myself...
    06-27-10 01:46 PM
    I just got home yesterday to find mine was a FRU, it did come with a new batt door. I'm perfectly fine with what I got tho as long as it works.

06-27-10 01:52 PM
    So there's no surefire way of getting a Bold as a replacement, is there? The fact that I'm on my third defective Tour is getting rather annoying.
    06-27-10 01:59 PM
    The Bold 9650 FRUs are factory brand new phones with new battery doors, but no battery or accessories. Some are pre-loaded with OS .699 and some have already been upgraded with .732 loaded. They have the same manufacture dates as the retail box versions, mostly late May or early June. There has not been enough time for returns and refurbs on the 9650s yet. Everything from the Tour works with it, so unless you have a bad battery (which is a different issue), you will already have everything that comes in the retail box, battery, charger, holster, micro usb data cable, etc.
    06-27-10 02:07 PM
    Good luck with everyone exchanging your tours in for the Bold. I called up and asked and then told the lady that I read online that they were out of Tours and that they were shipping new in box Bolds and that's exactly what I got. Its worth a shot. Call in and see what they say. I'm really glad Verizon is doing this. Its showing they actually care about their customers for once. One step in the right direction!
    06-27-10 04:25 PM
2,047 ... 7071727374 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD