09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 6869707172 ...
tools
    My tour does have a functioning trackball, yet at times it gets stuck. I don't have to prove to you @bobby950, I can just live with my tour, its not a big deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 05:08 PM
    If you have insurance then you should NOT have to extend your contract to get a replacement. Go back to the corporate store and get that fixed up.
    06-24-10 05:09 PM
    wow this guy is really getting mad of the fact that i am trying to help him get a bold. your pretty bold for trolling the thread calling people out.. and im pretty sure out of the thousands of people that called for bolds, half of them lied so deal with it
    Of course I can't do anything about it. But if I visually see someone promote lying, I'll say something if I want.

06-24-10 05:27 PM
    I do not have my Tour anymore, they kept it. Should I call and inquire about that to customer service?
    06-24-10 05:40 PM
    There's plenty now because of all the people that lied to get new phones for free. Your gonna get there devices. So people like you with real problems don't get to take advantage of this opportunity. Sorry.
    Brand New Tours with and w/o camera are back in stock now at VZW and it had nothing to do with people returning "their" devices. Those returned Tours are just now starting to make their way into the receiving warehouses where they have to be logged in, cleaned, tested, repaired, reloaded, re-boxed as refurbs, etc and put back into inventory stock before they could be sent back out as replacement units.
    06-24-10 05:43 PM
    Just called Verizon and they fixed my contract extension. the replacement was keyed in wrong they said?
    06-24-10 05:47 PM
    Just got my bolds that were ordered Sunday (missed FedEx guy yesterday apparently).... 2 brand new bolds in boxes, one blue one red dot... Had to do a OS update on one even though the boxes had the same number OS on them, but oh well, no big deal.

cl
    06-24-10 06:04 PM
    My tour does have a functioning trackball, yet at times it gets stuck. I don't have to prove to you @bobby950, I can just live with my tour, its not a big deal.

No offense and I wasn't implying you were lying. I was just trying to make a point.

I do agree with supermario28 about lying to get a replacement but there's always gonna be douchebags that lie to get in on something they really don't deserve like this upgrade.

I do have mixed feelings on this particular issue though. The Tour was(is) a terrible product with what seems like no QC. I have many friends with Tours and I've played with a bunch to see if they had the same trackball issue to some degree. I don't think I've ever seen one w/o a trackball issue (I've tried over 20 different devices).
    06-24-10 06:13 PM
    I spoke to them after i had a legitimate issue, and they sent me a referbished tour, which has a different, yet equally legitimate issue. Apparently it depends on what call center you happen to get when you dial the 800 number. There are only 2 warehouses in the country that have the tour in stock.. one of them being in fort worth, which is, incidentally, the one that answered when i called from NJ...... luck of the draw... waiting for them to call back to see if i will get my 3rd tour in a week, or if they will send me something else
    06-24-10 06:21 PM
    Brand New Tours with and w/o camera are back in stock now at VZW and it had nothing to do with people returning "their" devices. Those returned Tours are just now starting to make their way into the receiving warehouses where they have to be logged in, cleaned, tested, repaired, reloaded, re-boxed as refurbs, etc and put back into inventory stock before they could be sent back out as replacement units.
    I know this. I was going for a dramatic effect.

06-24-10 07:13 PM
    Of course I can't do anything about it. But if I visually see someone promote lying, I'll say something if I want.

Well supermario, this is still a free country and we still have our 1st amendment rights (for now anyway, another time another forum). So we can post what ever is on our minds. You stated in another post about lack of morals, well morals is an individual preference.

Your morals vs. some one else's is two different worlds. I personally do not condone lying or false manipulation of found imformation for personal gain, you my friend can not expect not to get flamed when you come on here blasting people for lying. You do not really know if they are truthful or not. So stating your opinion would probly keep the heat down, and it would let us know your personal stance as oposed to blasting fellow cracberries on moral issues. this method is a little more tactful and effective. Thit is MY opinion.

Just curious why your flaming peoples morals in a tour via bold upgrade thread when your status say, your rocking a droid?
    06-24-10 07:25 PM

Just curious why your flaming peoples morals in a tour via bold upgrade thread when your status say, your rocking a droid?
    Because I'm always here in the VzW forum, which is where the thread is located.

I know some people are lying, some people have real issues and some just have something to say but many things are taken away when people abuse it (multi fru, ETF etc) I would hate for VzW to stop this option because people are abusing it. I was a victim of the craptasticness that was the Tour hardware too (four replacements), but I finally got a great Tour until I upgraded to the Incredible. When I see people saying that they are going to call in with "problems" or pretend they are having "trackball issues", I just can't imagine why? Maybe a Blackberry forum is not the place to worry about people's morals, so I won't mess with it anymore. But when, not if, VzW takes this away because people took advantage of it, we'll bring this up again. Good day! I am off to my vacation!
    06-24-10 08:07 PM
    Because I'm always here in the VzW forum, which is where the thread is located.

I know some people are lying, some people have real issues and some just have something to say but many things are taken away when people abuse it (multi fru, ETF etc) I would hate for VzW to stop this option because people are abusing it. I was a victim of the craptasticness that was the Tour hardware too (four replacements), but I finally got a great Tour until I upgraded to the Incredible. When I see people saying that they are going to call in with "problems" or pretend they are having "trackball issues", I just can't imagine why? Maybe a Blackberry forum is not the place to worry about people's morals, so I won't mess with it anymore. But when, not if, VzW takes this away because people took advantage of it, we'll bring this up again. Good day! I am off to my vacation!
    Not trying to get into a pissing contest with you, just stating an observation.
    I agree, it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Unfortunately there are whole orchards spoiled in this world. Most likely this may change the out come of how VZ treats its policy. Most will cry when this happens. I hope you have a great vacation, I know I could use one.

good signature you added.
    Last edited by berryloud; 06-24-10 at 08:44 PM.
    06-24-10 08:19 PM
    Got a replacement tour today. My original was sending out weird characters in sms and bbm messages. The trackball on the new phone was awful. It barely worked. I had CSR on the line while it was just starting so they heard how it didn't work. They suggested I send back the replacement with the bad trackball, and reactivate my old one while they sent our a replacement.CSR told me they hit the cutoff for shipping today. I said that was odd, because when I called tuesday evening at 8:00pm est. they had no problem getting one out that night from TX. I spoke to them tonight at 6:30. I was not told anything other than I would be getting a replacement phone. My guess is a tour, because I hinted that I wished they could replace this tour with a bold. CSR said nothing. We'll see what happens. My guess is another tour.
    06-24-10 08:23 PM
    Maybe I'm cursed with morals but I feel lying is bad. And in a public forum I can ask " why are you asking people to lie?" and apparently offend the rats that lie. Since you got a Bold that you are selling because you were going to get another phone anyway. And people with real issues can't get it.

I have found over the years (and I mean MANY years), that people who go around saying what high morals they have, are often some of the worst hypocrites you will ever come across.

Much better to live your life in such a way that OTHER people comment on your moral standards. If other people comment on your morals, then you certainly wont have to do it yourself. And of course on the flip side, if no one sees any good in you, then obviously you are left with no option but to go around saying what a good person you are.

Hey........just saying!
    06-24-10 08:34 PM
    I don't even see the Tour for sale anymore.
    06-24-10 08:35 PM
    I don't even see the Tour for sale anymore.
    wow... me neither. at least not on verizonwireless.com
    06-24-10 09:05 PM
    My wife has gone through two Tours and when we went to return it for a third one, the CSR didn't even ask what the problem was. He looked at the Tour and went ahead and told us that she would be sent a Bold in 2-3 buisness days. He then implied that there were so many returns that Bolds are being replaced no questions asked. Received the Tour today. I think this may be a refurbished unit, but it's much better to use than the Bold.
    06-24-10 09:23 PM
    Have they finally given up? I asked the CSR I talked to how much longer they would be on sale for hahaha. Maybe I should call again during the day, the 2 reps i talked to yesterday were pretty rude...
    06-24-10 09:42 PM
    My wife has gone through two Tours and when we went to return it for a third one, the CSR didn't even ask what the problem was. He looked at the Tour and went ahead and told us that she would be sent a Bold in 2-3 buisness days. He then implied that there were so many returns that Bolds are being replaced no questions asked. Received the Tour today. I think this may be a refurbished unit, but it's much better to use than the Bold.
    Sounds like Verizon is trying to sweep the Tour under the rug and pretend like it never existed...which it shouldn't have.
    06-24-10 09:48 PM
    I just called again and got a nicer rep than before however they are just sending me another Tour....again...I've lost count of what one this is.
    06-24-10 10:09 PM
    Has anyone who was not advised they were getting a bold get one?
    06-24-10 10:43 PM
    Has anyone who was not advised they were getting a bold get one?
    I think generally the rep tells you that they have no Tours and that they can offer a BOLD. I think if nothing is said, then more than likely it will be another Tour. Early on in this thread some folks were not told anything only to receive a call telling them there were no tours available and would they accept the Bold. I don't think they would just blindly send a different device unless it was inadvertent.
    06-24-10 10:48 PM
    Just got off the phone with a CSR not more than five minutes ago. They're sending me a replacement Tour for my trackball issues, which, as experience tells me, will be sent back for more trackball issues.
    06-25-10 12:15 AM
    i called on Monday and today I received a NIB bold 9650 :-)
    06-25-10 12:38 AM
2,047 ... 6869707172 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD