09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 56789 ...
tools
    It's on the front page, let the floodgates OPEN!
    06-18-10 10:26 AM
    I ordered my bold replacement due to track ball issues. Now the quetion to be answered is; will it be an older referb bold or the new one that was released last month? Doesn't matter to me really, just curious if anyone knows?
    The Bold 9650 is the first and only CDMA Bold, so that's the one you'll be getting for sure. If you're asking whether you'll receive a "refurb" (aka Certified Like New Replacement) device or a brand new retail box, you will get the former. No box, no accessories, no manuals - just the bare phone.
    06-18-10 10:30 AM
    The Bold 9650 is the first and only CDMA Bold, so that's the one you'll be getting for sure. If you're asking whether you'll receive a "refurb" (aka Certified Like New Replacement) device or a brand new retail box, you will get the former. No box, no accessories, no manuals - just the bare phone.
    I understand the whole CDMA thing, but your saying it will be a refurb? I was not expecting it to come with the box, just a new one out of the box?
    06-18-10 10:33 AM
    Ok. Time for me to call VZW as I have track....er....occasional trackball issues and sometimes weak signals in my home........

Confirmation requested.......USB port move still allows Sedio Cases/chargers to work ok?
    06-18-10 10:39 AM
    Is sprint doing the same thing?
    06-18-10 10:41 AM
    just got off the phone w/ VZW. new bold arriving on monday.
    06-18-10 10:42 AM
    just got off the phone w/ VZW. new bold arriving on monday.
    On the phone right now.... will report what is going on
    06-18-10 10:45 AM
    I understand the whole CDMA thing, but your saying it will be a refurb? I was not expecting it to come with the box, just a new one out of the box?
    Hence, "refurb" in quotes. Most likely they are just taking new ones out of this box, seeing as it's only been out for 2 weeks now.
    06-18-10 10:46 AM
    I just called and the lady said they couldn't do anything until I take the phone to a retail store to have the trackball cleaned...
    06-18-10 10:47 AM
    Thanks. One last question......

I have been religious about doing a data backup and also doing a 3rd party app backup (using the DSW method) every week. But I have never done an OS upgrade or full restore before.....

When you do a device switch wizard thing, does it do a full backup including apps, or just data?

Do I have to do a DSW or can I activate the new phone and just do a restore from my ipd file and apps backup?

Just curious........
    I'm 99% positive your apps will transfer but the settings for them won't. You will also need to re-register all your paid apps so you're going to have to do some digging in some old e-mails to get the activation codes again.

If the code doesn't work, that means it is PIN specified. E-mail the company and say you got a replacement phone and tell them your new PIN and they will update your purchase and will send you a new code.
    06-18-10 10:48 AM
    What happens with things on SD card? Like Berrybuzz settings file?

Do you have to reformat the card when put into the new phone? Or do you just insert the card in after activation...?
    06-18-10 10:48 AM
    I just got off the phone and I will be revieving a Bold on Monday.
    The Lady asked if I had taken it to a store and I said I had, and all they did was blow it out and swab it with alcohol and that it wasn't helping.

So she said they would send a replacement but they were out of Tour's and asked if I would like the new Bold instead.
    And for whomever said that they still had Tours in the Midwest, I live in Wichita KS.
    06-18-10 10:50 AM
    I just called and the lady said they couldn't do anything until I take the phone to a retail store to have the trackball cleaned...
    they asked me the same thing. i've had the trackball on my tour cleaned twice at the VZW store and neither time did much good. very happy to be getting the bold w/ no trackball period!
    06-18-10 10:51 AM
    they asked me the same thing. i've had the trackball on my tour cleaned twice at the VZW store and neither time did much good. very happy to be getting the bold w/ no trackball period!
    What did you tell them, exactly? They told me they would be getting me another Tour. Need to know. Did anyone have to call in more than once?
    06-18-10 10:52 AM
    My Bold is on the delivery truck right now, should be delivered any moment now! Will post pics of everything once it gets here!
    06-18-10 10:54 AM
    if you dont actually have trackball issues, and you send in your tour, and they find it to have no issues...

then what?
    06-18-10 10:56 AM
    I have a tech support person balking and asking to walk me thru a reset (not device wipe). I don't know what to do. Should I let them or should I hang up and try someone else.....
    06-18-10 10:56 AM
    Just got off the phone with BigRed, the new Bold shall be here Monday. Told them about the trackball issue that the new update didnt help, as well as how after taking a call part of my keyboard is working and my screen is kinda dark in spots. The guy told me that there " seem to be no tours in stock in your area") I live in Southern Illinois, he then asked if the Bold would be an okay replacement. Finally Verizon comes through!
    06-18-10 10:58 AM
    northeast, just called, bold arriving monday. thanks OP!!!
    Now I wish I didn't buy my Tour through a third party source.
    I have a tech support person balking and asking to walk me thru a reset (not device wipe). I don't know what to do. Should I let them or should I hang up and try someone else.....
    Just go through their troubleshooting steps and say nothing worked. They will have no other choice but to send you a replacement.
    06-18-10 10:59 AM
    I decided to hangup and try again.....
    06-18-10 11:00 AM
    Just called and was asked if I cleaned the trackball. Told them yes, with alcohol swabs, so the sluggish trackball isn't from grime.

They said "No problem. We're out of Tours and are replacing them with Bolds. Are you okay with that?"

My replacement should be here Tuesday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 11:03 AM
    I decided to hangup and try again.....

Doing the same thing as you
    06-18-10 11:03 AM
    What did you tell them, exactly? They told me they would be getting me another Tour. Need to know. Did anyone have to call in more than once?
    i told the rep that my trackball will scroll up and down fine, but left and right it has intermittent problems hanging up. sometimes it will lock up completely. i told her this was the second tour i've had. first one was far worse. initially this one wasn't so bad which is why i kept it. but in the last month or two it's been locking up more frequently. i've had it cleaned twice at the VZW store and have been told that device updates "should" fix the problem. never did.

it was a major pain getting my first tour replaced. this experience has been a total 180. glad VZW is finally doing right by tour owners.
    06-18-10 11:05 AM
2,047 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD