09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 6768697071 ...
tools
    Interesting. Just called to check on the network status, since I am having major network issues since my upgrade to 732. Any browser requests, twitter requests, BBM's, etc are taking forever! This never happened to me.. Anyway, the customer service rep asked me all the pertinent questions, battery pull, security wipe, etc.. After she was satisfied, she said she would check the stock for a replacement for me.. And sure enough, Tour 9630's are in stock, and I have a refurbed unit on the way. Any chance at the warehouse this will not be there? And they'll drop a Bold in the box?
    maybe... but scroll back a couple pages and look for a number to call and ask them for yourself
    06-24-10 01:08 PM
    STILL in Memphis...it would appear things move a bit slower in the Volunteer state.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    FedEx delivered brown box at 12pm
    9650 (with camera) in white retail box from Memphis, TN complete with all accessories.
    FRUBB9650
    Blue Dot w/ 5.0.0.732 installed
    Made in Mexico
    This device looks untouched. Track pad as the slight tilt from left (higher) to right (lower) but will not impact function. I think this must be how the device is designed.

Update: When I connected my 9650 to my MacBook Pro, DM told me my device had software updates waiting for it. Not really sure why it the packaging says it is already .732 but it's really loaded with .699
    Last edited by Heckler; 06-24-10 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Updated status
    06-24-10 01:12 PM
    FedEx delivered brown box at 12pm
    9650 (with camera) in white retail box from Memphis, TN complete with all accessories.
    FRUBB9650
    Blue Dot w/ 5.0.0.732 installed
    Made in Mexico
    This device looks untouched. Track pad as the slight tilt from left (higher) to right (lower) but will not impact function. I think this must be how the device is designed.
    same stats over here except i havnt powered on the phone since it came lol
    06-24-10 01:15 PM
    I just called, I had a very legitimate reason for an upgrade, actually several legitimate reasons, and the CS agent finally got to the part about what the replacement would be. She seemed to be just figuring it out, I don't know if it was acting. She was a Tour owner herself.

Anyway, she said they were out of battery doors so she called for a demo Bold and said the Tour door fit perfectly. She's still sending me another battery (and said I can keep the old one, whoo) and another charger. So all in all a very happy experience.

Btw, I was on my third Tour and I'm very glad to be getting something I can have more faith in.
    06-24-10 01:17 PM
    Makes sense now why people are getting retail boxes AND extra battery and charger. Reps are not aware they share the same battery and charger so they send that and what they think is only a replacement phone. Then the warehouse is out of replacement phones so are forced to send a retail box but doesn't ask questions and ships the charger and battery with the order as well.
    I think it really depends on the csr. The one I spoke with on Sat knew immediatley there were no Tours. He started off apologizing and said, BAD NEWS, we do not have Tours for shipment, would I accept a Bold.

He also said it would be bare as it used the same battery as the Tour and I could swap between when using the Switch device wizard.

I did wind up with a full package but that was the shipping department which may have not had any bare units.
    06-24-10 01:26 PM
    Just received my refurbed tour from FedEx. A little bit disappointed as I hoped to be getting a new Bold. Wondering if I should call the Verizon customer service and hopefully get shipped another phone lol.

06-24-10 01:33 PM
    Just received my refurbed tour from FedEx. A little bit disappointed as I hoped to be getting a new Bold. Wondering if I should call the Verizon customer service and hopefully get shipped another phone lol.

yes and tell them the replacement u got is acting up also
    06-24-10 01:43 PM
    just got my replacement for my tour today, was surprised when it was a BRAND new bold with all includes accessories. I was expecting a refurb or just the cardboard box I'm so used too.

They told me to keep the back and battery, guess now I have an extra.
    06-24-10 01:46 PM
    I am the proud recipient of a Certified Like New Tour 9630

When I saw 1lb from Ft. Worth, TX, I felt like I was going to be a loser.

Hopefully, this one has a better trackball than my existing one. My NE2 is up in February and I will be going for a Droid.
    06-24-10 01:53 PM
    try calling back saying your still having problems with the tour
    06-24-10 02:03 PM

Doesn't hurt to try.

Believe me.......*wink!
    06-24-10 02:17 PM
    Doesn't hurt to try.

Believe me.......*wink!
    I'll probably give it a few days then call again.

06-24-10 02:36 PM
    try calling back saying your still having problems with the tour
    Why are you telling people to lie?

06-24-10 02:46 PM
    Why are you telling people to lie?

vzw police
    06-24-10 03:07 PM
    vzw police
    Not vzw police. Are you saying that lying is ok? I hope you don't have kids.

06-24-10 03:13 PM
    I called Verizon a few minutes ago about my buggy trackball & they said they got new shipments of Tours & I would get a tour not a bold, when I asked them about the bold, they said only some people got a bold because of a lack of the tours.

06-24-10 03:19 PM
    I called Verizon a few minutes ago about my buggy trackball & they said they got new shipments of Tours & I would get a tour not a bold, when I asked them about the bold, they said only some people got a bold because of a lack of the tours.

There's plenty now because of all the people that lied to get new phones for free. Your gonna get there devices. So people like you with real problems don't get to take advantage of this opportunity. Sorry.

06-24-10 03:23 PM
    Not vzw police. Are you saying that lying is ok? I hope you don't have kids.

Not at all, but it's not your place to call someone out. He is a grown up, he can make up his own mind.
    06-24-10 03:33 PM
    There's plenty now because of all the people that lied to get new phones for free. Your gonna get there devices. So people like you with real problems don't get to take advantage of this opportunity. Sorry.

That's a rude assumption. How do you know textingismydrug isn't lying to get a Bold?
    06-24-10 03:36 PM
    Not at all, but it's not your place to call someone out. He is a grown up, he can make up his own mind.
    Maybe I'm cursed with morals but I feel lying is bad. And in a public forum I can ask " why are you asking people to lie?" and apparently offend the rats that lie. Since you got a Bold that you are selling because you were going to get another phone anyway. And people with real issues can't get it.

06-24-10 03:39 PM
    And people with real issues can't get it.

I don't know where your getting your info but my tour was damaged so it was replaced. I don't know what "real issue" your talking about but I had one.

Sorry for getting off topic, I'm done.
    Last edited by jmb320; 06-24-10 at 03:48 PM.
    06-24-10 03:46 PM
    I had my Tour replaced (It got the "white screen of death") this morning with a brand new Bold at a Verizon corporate store...I was not even aware of Verizon not having Tours and issuing Bolds. I found this out by searching the differences between the Tour and bold on google...my tour also had trackball issues I have read about, but I ignored them.

I got just the Bold however, no new accessories, and my NE2 date got extended to 2012. Still happy I paid $0.00 for a brand new, newer version phone. NEVER had a problem with getting a NEW free phone with my 7 years of being a Verizon customer (Never have got a refurbed, always swapped out for brand new at the store). That $7.99 TEC insurance is a lifesaver!
    06-24-10 03:50 PM
    wow this guy is really getting mad of the fact that i am trying to help him get a bold. your pretty bold for trolling the thread calling people out.. and im pretty sure out of the thousands of people that called for bolds, half of them lied so deal with it
    06-24-10 03:54 PM
    They extended your contract ?

Do you still have the Tour?
    06-24-10 03:55 PM
    They extended your contract ?

Do you still have the Tour?
    Yea that sound wierd it's a replacement for what you had.
    06-24-10 03:57 PM
2,047 ... 6768697071 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD