09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 6667686970 ...
tools
    Oh trust me, if i get pulled over or get in trouble i take the blame if it is my fault. ive had plenty of speeding tickets in my past. i gladly accepted all of them. in fact because of you i'll rant and rave even more. i dont like causing trouble cuz i hate it when customers cause issues. i dont care if the rep said i would get a refurb tour, he said the bold would be sent out, and even went into detail about how the back up assitant feature is not available for the bold yet and that the only way woul dbe to use the DM, now when i called in the guy he said in the notes i would get a tour. dont they record our convo? then when i called again the lady said she found no notes about my sunday conversation. so now they are lying to me? i'll keep sending back the tours till the cows come home i dont give a ****. this is re donkulous.
    06-24-10 08:30 AM
    expecting another bold today 2lbs
    06-24-10 08:33 AM
    Well, have fun calling them everyday and sending phones back. Not all Tours are bad and you sound like a whiny 5 year old that can't get his way. If your Tour is defective, call and get a replacement, but if its working, then be happy you have a working phone.
    06-24-10 08:34 AM
    Well, have fun calling them everyday and sending phones back. Not all Tours are bad and you sound like a whiny 5 year old that can't get his way. If your Tour is defective, call and get a replacement, but if its working, then be happy you have a working phone.
    Preach On!!!
    06-24-10 08:46 AM
    I was happy with my tour for the first 3 months, if the refurb one works better then **** yeah i'll be happy. if not then it appears i'll be having to either man up and buy a bold or keep having bricked tours.
    06-24-10 09:09 AM
    i just don"t get it why do they send some people the brown box
    and other full box. It make no sense. They always sent you a brown box
    when you called for WARRANTY. We all thought originally they wanted to get a faulty phone out of service, but why make it a CRAP SHOOT. Send everyone
    the samething either brown box or full box. Its absolutly mind boggling and as nice it is that there swapping out the tours for bolds there still doing things to **** you off.
    It sort of makes sense. When Verizon request for a phone to be sent out from a warehouse, they have to send one out and if they don't have the individual one, they have no choice but to send out the full one.

What makes no sense are the few people that got a full retail box along with an extra OEM battery and charger. Three individual packages in one box. That's what makes no sense. Good for them though.
    06-24-10 09:23 AM
    Called and got my Bold on Tuesday... full retail box and everything. Called for my mom and she got a refurb Tour on Tuesday as well... She called complaining last night and they agreed to overnight her a Bold.. shipping says 2lbs. We'll see in a few hours what she got!

Also - We just send back the empty Tours right? Keep the battery and door cover?
    Last edited by kdrawkz; 06-24-10 at 10:07 AM. Reason: add info
    06-24-10 09:53 AM
    Just called for my replacement on my replacement bold with the trackpad issue. Another one coming out today.

To those who have been told they are receiving a tour, my suggestion is to play dumb throughout the conversation and don't request anything. This worked for me, as only after they took my address did they offer me a bold. And when I was offered a bold, the rep asked me if I preferred a wall or car charger and told be she was getting a new battery for me. The extra accessories appear to be dependent on your rep, as some don't realize that they are the same for both models.
    06-24-10 10:08 AM
    Just confirmed that the tours are currently out of stock. Bold's are being shipped.
    06-24-10 10:23 AM
    Just got off the phone with a Verizon representative who told me that Tours are still in stock for warranty replacements. Can someone please prove me wrong? I'm sick of my defective trackball, as this is the third one I've gone through.
    06-24-10 10:27 AM
    Just got off the phone with a Verizon representative who told me that Tours are still in stock for warranty replacements. Can someone please prove me wrong? I'm sick of my defective trackball, as this is the third one I've gone through.
    Thats really odd... my mom just got off the phone with them before I posted and she stated that they were out of stock and she would be getting a Bold.
    06-24-10 10:40 AM
    I'll check back with Verizon tonight and see if I can switch out my Tour. Naturally, I'll post the news. Hopefully, it'll work. In the meantime, would someone be able to confirm that as of their posting time that the Bolds are being sent out?
    06-24-10 10:43 AM
    How accurate was everyone's delivery dates from fedex? Mine said it should come today from Cali but Fedex's tracking system is down. I just found it kinda hard to believe it only took 2 days to get from CA to SC
    06-24-10 10:44 AM
    verizon website no longer says they are out of stock... at least in big 'bold' letters.
    06-24-10 10:48 AM
    I called today, re: my Tour. I received a refurbed replacement Tour last night from FEDEX. True to form the TrackBall was a little insensitive so, I just called to replace it and my New BOLD is being overnighted. CSR said "she just received a note stating they were low on stock and to replace with BOLDs". I'll see how heavy the package ships out at. Good Luck.
    06-24-10 11:00 AM
    has anyone else seen this?

When i got my email from VZW with the tracking info and looked at it on FEdex's website it said 3lbs...however when i checked Fedex after they had tried to deliver it the first time it said 1lb. Then when my gf got it i had her open the box , cause i'm out of town at the moment, and it was the brown fru box. Not that i care what it comes in or what comes with it. I'm just saying i don't think the "3lb" status on there when you first get the shipping info definitely means your getting a nib unit.
    06-24-10 11:03 AM
    I received my Bold Tuesday. Did my device switch, ran things yesterday and DLed apps fresh. All seems good.

Just dropped my Tour shell (raw phone) off at FedEx this morning.

I love the bold! Loving the Appleberry Theme that I purchased for it!
    06-24-10 11:14 AM
    just got my bold 2lbs now time to sell it hehehe
    06-24-10 11:32 AM
    Oh trust me, if i get pulled over or get in trouble i take the blame if it is my fault. ive had plenty of speeding tickets in my past. i gladly accepted all of them. in fact because of you i'll rant and rave even more. i dont like causing trouble cuz i hate it when customers cause issues. i dont care if the rep said i would get a refurb tour, he said the bold would be sent out, and even went into detail about how the back up assitant feature is not available for the bold yet and that the only way woul dbe to use the DM, now when i called in the guy he said in the notes i would get a tour. dont they record our convo? then when i called again the lady said she found no notes about my sunday conversation. so now they are lying to me? i'll keep sending back the tours till the cows come home i dont give a ****. this is re donkulous.
    Type A? Might explain how you've "had plenty of speeding tickets" in your past. Maybe you're taking your aggression out on your Tour and VZW has figured that out!
    Last edited by CrackBeeb; 06-24-10 at 11:43 AM.
    06-24-10 11:36 AM
    How accurate was everyone's delivery dates from fedex? Mine said it should come today from Cali but Fedex's tracking system is down. I just found it kinda hard to believe it only took 2 days to get from CA to SC
    Verizon ships overnight or 2-day delivery, rarely ever standard ground. The 2 day estimate is probably right on.

As to the changing weight issue others pointed out, I believe all start as 3lb from Verizon until it hits a Fedex distribution center and the correct weight is figured (2 or 1lb).
    06-24-10 12:01 PM
    Thanks, fed ex tracking is finally up and it says its out for delivery. So now I just wait..
    06-24-10 12:15 PM
    whats the consensus for those who have received bolds with crooked trackpads? when you look at it from the side, it appears as if half of the trackpad is "pressed" down, its not simply not parallel
    06-24-10 12:39 PM
    My new bold has a marginally crooked trackpad, I probably would not have noticed if it wasn't mentioned in the forums and I wasn't looking for it. It works great though and I am happy with it, take it over a dysfunctional trackball any day!
    06-24-10 12:45 PM
    Just called for my replacement on my replacement bold with the trackpad issue. Another one coming out today.

To those who have been told they are receiving a tour, my suggestion is to play dumb throughout the conversation and don't request anything. This worked for me, as only after they took my address did they offer me a bold. And when I was offered a bold, the rep asked me if I preferred a wall or car charger and told be she was getting a new battery for me. The extra accessories appear to be dependent on your rep, as some don't realize that they are the same for both models.
    Makes sense now why people are getting retail boxes AND extra battery and charger. Reps are not aware they share the same battery and charger so they send that and what they think is only a replacement phone. Then the warehouse is out of replacement phones so are forced to send a retail box but doesn't ask questions and ships the charger and battery with the order as well.
    06-24-10 12:49 PM
    Interesting. Just called to check on the network status, since I am having major network issues since my upgrade to 732. Any browser requests, twitter requests, BBM's, etc are taking forever! This never happened to me.. Anyway, the customer service rep asked me all the pertinent questions, battery pull, security wipe, etc.. After she was satisfied, she said she would check the stock for a replacement for me.. And sure enough, Tour 9630's are in stock, and I have a refurbed unit on the way. Any chance at the warehouse this will not be there? And they'll drop a Bold in the box?
    06-24-10 01:01 PM
2,047 ... 6667686970 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD