09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    I just called to try and get my crappy tour replaced with a Bold. No dice for me though. They said since the Tours were out of stock they sent the Bolds out. They only offered me another Tour or pay for a piece of crap pearl (that they sell for $10) or the $20 curve but of course my price would be like $130. I even tried pulling out the "I've been a customer for 11 years.." crap and they were like sorry warranty says we can only replace it with the same piece of crap or a similar one if that one isn't available....Will they just get rid of the Tour already!!

They also suggested I go to a store to have them clean the ball for me....
    06-23-10 09:30 PM
    when i spoke to another tech guy he kept telling me that the bold is not offered, and that my warranty is only for the tour and tour only. **** that man, im gonna call again every day till i get a god damn bold. i dont care about the memory upgrade, or wifi that does nothing while im at work. i hate this trackball scrolling, and browser click issue. i had better C.S with tmobile the 3 years i was with them than 3 months of verizon
    I don't get people like you. You expect Verizon to give you a new phone because its better than the one you purchased 3 months ago. If they did that, I would have bought the Curve and demanded a Storm2 or Bold for no extra charge. The reason you get the phone for so cheap is because you sign a 2 year contract. Deal with it! Some people get lucky, but if you don't, its not Verizon's fault.
    06-23-10 09:33 PM
    There should be an option on the tag he left to sign it and then he will leave it. Myself, I would hope I caught him so I could inquire why he didn't even bother to knock.

Off that subject, did anyone get a NIB with FRU sticker with a RED dot? It came with everything and the new OS but I haven't seen anyone who says they got a red dot.
    My FedEx guy couldn't find the address so he called me. He's done this a few times when delivering packages to me. I had another package (not BB related) coming today and my regular UPS guy just rang my doorbell and left it by the door. He didn't even wait for me to answer the door or get a signature. I get many more UPS deliveries than FedEx.

Some of you guys really need to read at least the last few pages before you ask the same questions over and over again. You don't have to go to the beginning of the thread, just a few pages.
    06-23-10 09:37 PM
    just went to pick up my 1lb "bold" ended up being a "like new" tour instead. wtf man? i tried calling in again and the asshol* i spoke to sunday said the bold is offered as replacement and verbally told me it would be sent out. when i called today the other guy said the notes said "send out refurb tour" this is bull**** man. got this tour in late march not a heavy user at all. i surf for an hour a day during lunch and now im ****ed with track ball issue tours from now on? im cancelling my account and going somewhere else man.
    Doesn't surprise me that they gave you another Tour with attitude/language like that!
    06-23-10 09:39 PM
    It's not like that at all....The Tour was more than the Bold was when it came out. Verizon knows it has an issue with the stupid trackball anyway, why do you think they replaced it with a newer model less than a year later? No were not entitled to something we didnt pay for but we are entitled to something that WORKS and that we don't have to replace every few months...It's just not fair that they replace some peoples Tours with Bolds because they were out of stock or because they got a nice CSR on the phone. I mean when you think about it you're paying at least like $1200 a year in service alone, they could at least provide us with phones that will work for longer than a few months at a time.

You're getting a new Bold anyway, so why are you criticizing the rest of us who can't get one?

I don't get people like you. You expect Verizon to give you a new phone because its better than the one you purchased 3 months ago. If they did that, I would have bought the Curve and demanded a Storm2 or Bold for no extra charge. The reason you get the phone for so cheap is because you sign a 2 year contract. Deal with it! Some people get lucky, but if you don't, its not Verizon's fault.
    06-23-10 09:42 PM
    Because I wasn't even trying to get one. I was happy when I got my new Tour tonight, it just happened to freeze up, probably more so from using Desktop Manager on a Mac than anything else. I got lucky but never would ***** about not getting a gift from a nice guy that I was respectful and nice to.

I think people are calling saying "My trackball is broken, can I get a Bold" and Verizon is probably getting pissed. I bet they are getting perfectly good Tours returned and realized they are getting screwed by their customers.
    06-23-10 09:51 PM
    Doesn't surprise me that they gave you another Tour with attitude/language like that!
    Really.

I made it to the parking lot with my first Tour before I had it replaced with another defective one. After the 4th one, I gave up trying to get one that worked. This thread was a reminder that maybe they fixed the issue. Regardless if I get an upgrade to a Bold, it would be nice to have a working Tour (trackball and memory slot issues).

When I spoke to the first rep, she wouldn't even listen to what I had to say because I was calling from my Tour and that I HAD to go to a VZW store since I don't have a land line at home. I called back the next day and had the friendliest CS and TS reps that were sympathetic to my problems. The TS rep offered the Bold after reviewing my acct and most likely because I didn't feel or act like I was entitled to an upgrade, which this really is. I just wanted a working Tour that I paid for.

Try being a little more pleasant with the reps, it's not their fault RIM/VZW shipped out faulty phones.

How does the saying go? You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar?
    Has anyone ever had a trackball clicking issue? My husband's refurb doesn't select when clicking and it's getting really annoying. Also, has anyone called and successfully gotten a Bold today? I'm wondering if there will be another wave of OOS Tours again...
    Where is the "clicking issue" occurring? In all apps and menus or just in the Browser. A version of the OS makes browser clicking an issue. But there could be a mechanical issue if pressing the ball does not select an item in menus, etc.
    Being nice doesn't always work either, when they said they would replace mine with another Tour I did mention that it would be my 4th or 5th one already and that it is cumbersome to have to replace my phone every few months because they all seem to be defective...Basically they are just sending out little ticking time bombs because eventually they all seem to fail at one point or another. After my first two had trackball issues (one was the replacement that stopped working not too long after I had it) the next one bricked and gave me 507 error when it rebooted and never came back to life, they sent me 2 Tours by accident one brand new and one refurb...despite this last one being brand new the trackball still sucks. I mean with the amount of complaints they have received regarding the Tour they sure made up for the crappy trackball, lack of Wifi and not enough memory by launching the Bold not even a year later. How long will it be before the Tour is $9.99 like the Pearl Flip?
    06-23-10 10:00 PM
    Has anyone ever had a trackball clicking issue? My husband's refurb doesn't select when clicking and it's getting really annoying. Also, has anyone called and successfully gotten a Bold today? I'm wondering if there will be another wave of OOS Tours again...
    My first tour did that and when I called on Monday, they sent me another Tour. I received it today and had more trackball problems, so i called around 4:00 this afternoon and they were out a Tours. A Bold has been sent to me and I'll be getting it on Friday.
    06-23-10 10:03 PM
    Where is the "clicking issue" occurring? In all apps and menus or just in the Browser. A version of the OS makes browser clicking an issue. But there could be a mechanical issue if pressing the ball does not select an item in menus, etc.
    It's on all apps, including the browser. I tried calling TS but they must be SUPER busy w/everyone trying to get a Bold, LOL. Can't get in for nothin!
    06-23-10 10:05 PM
    Mine has that clicking issue as well. Especially in the browser, I have to click a link like 5 times or more before it works...I thought it was just me like missing the link but even when I zoomed in and made sure the cursor was on it before clicking it still didn't go.
    06-23-10 10:16 PM
    i just don"t get it why do they send some people the brown box
    and other full box. It make no sense. They always sent you a brown box
    when you called for WARRANTY. We all thought originally they wanted to get a faulty phone out of service, but why make it a CRAP SHOOT. Send everyone
    the samething either brown box or full box. Its absolutly mind boggling and as nice it is that there swapping out the tours for bolds there still doing things to **** you off.
    06-23-10 10:45 PM
    when you called for WARRANTY. We all thought originally they wanted to get a faulty phone out of service, but why make it a CRAP SHOOT. Send everyone
    the samething either brown box or full box. Its absolutly mind boggling and as nice it is that there swapping out the tours for bolds there still doing things to **** you off.
    You could be happy to even have a Bold, as I've had all CS reps offer me crap replacement Tours twice. Although, I do love my Tour when it's working
    06-23-10 10:55 PM
    I hate you guys... I called (before I saw this thread) about my trackball being such garbage I just couldn't take it anymore. My battery also lasts 2 and a half hours from a full charge before dying. My charging port on the phone is also dead... They refused to send me a new battery, and sent me this garbage refurbished tour.. probably one from one of you bold getting bastards. Thanks for giving me your defective phone while you got a sexy bold! :'(
    06-23-10 11:02 PM
    just went to pick up my 1lb "bold" ended up being a "like new" tour instead. wtf man? i tried calling in again and the asshol* i spoke to sunday said the bold is offered as replacement and verbally told me it would be sent out. when i called today the other guy said the notes said "send out refurb tour" this is bull**** man. got this tour in late march not a heavy user at all. i surf for an hour a day during lunch and now im ****ed with track ball issue tours from now on? im cancelling my account and going somewhere else man.
    Ahh that's total bummer man,dude bro. The bold was sent if there was no inventory if the Tour dude man. Apparently there was a Tour for you man dude bro. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you man.....bro......duuuuuuude.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 11:04 PM
    Japy >>>You sound silly i"m sure your bogus Tour is unrelated
    to the Boldrush and i'm sure you called back and told them to
    send you a newBold or at least some kind of help
    Last edited by Betmen; 06-23-10 at 11:48 PM.
    06-23-10 11:16 PM
    Got my Bold from Fort Worth today in retail packaging with all accessories.. too bad the "9" button doesn't work at all, so I had to give good ole' Verizon a call again and I'm getting another Bold shipped out to me. Wonder if I'll get even more accessories?
    06-23-10 11:23 PM
    How long do you think it takes to turn around
    a returned Tour to a Refurb ready for shipping?
    Last edited by Betmen; 06-23-10 at 11:46 PM.
    06-23-10 11:43 PM
    There are tours in stock now. No more bold replacements.
    06-24-10 01:12 AM
    with language/attitude like mine? im a mechanic, and every day i get dumbass customers and nice customers. if both come in for a brake job/oil change guess what? their bill is still the same and they both pay with the same currency. not with sugar and honey or nails and fire. they both come to my dealership expecting factory trained expertise and knowledge, and guess what? thats what they get. ur phone bill is probably the same as mine as well as any other single line/bb user/ insurance bill. my phone is not what i expected. at least with my 8320 i was able to replace a trackball myself and be happy with it. plus i dont have to wait 25min on hold to talk to a representative only to be transferred to someone else. but hey thats fine, maybe if i keep replacing my tour every 3 months they will give me a direct line number to skip all the bull**** of having to call in, enter my phone #, social #, wait for 30min, plead my case only to be told "our phones are just like new cuz they go through 1873491073 point inspection before re-released"
    06-24-10 01:33 AM
    Got my Bold from Fort Worth today in retail packaging with all accessories.. too bad the "9" button doesn't work at all, so I had to give good ole' Verizon a call again and I'm getting another Bold shipped out to me. Wonder if I'll get even more accessories?
    I'm sure you will , lol
    06-24-10 05:17 AM
    with language/attitude like mine? im a mechanic, and every day i get dumbass customers and nice customers. if both come in for a brake job/oil change guess what? their bill is still the same and they both pay with the same currency. not with sugar and honey or nails and fire. they both come to my dealership expecting factory trained expertise and knowledge, and guess what? thats what they get. ur phone bill is probably the same as mine as well as any other single line/bb user/ insurance bill. my phone is not what i expected. at least with my 8320 i was able to replace a trackball myself and be happy with it. plus i dont have to wait 25min on hold to talk to a representative only to be transferred to someone else. but hey thats fine, maybe if i keep replacing my tour every 3 months they will give me a direct line number to skip all the bull**** of having to call in, enter my phone #, social #, wait for 30min, plead my case only to be told "our phones are just like new cuz they go through 1873491073 point inspection before re-released"
    Nowhere have I seen where Verizon Wireless has stated that they are exchanging Tours for Bolds. Some people are getting lucky, and unfortunately some people aren't. I really don't see how that is Verizons fault, or how you can feel they are obligated to give you anything other than what is stated in your contract - which in the case of a faulty Tour, would be a refurbished Tour.

You remind me of the kind of guy who when pulled over for speeding, tells the cop that the other guys were speeding too. Why didn't they get pulled over?

I also run my own business, and as you so eloquently put it, "every day i get dumbass customers and nice customers". In my book, you would fall into the former class of customer.

Maybe when you do switch phones and carriers, as you threatened to do in an earlier post, we wont have to listen to you rave and rant any longer!
    06-24-10 07:00 AM
    I asked for a replacement phone for my Tour that has trackball issues this morning and the rep told me she would send out a refurbished Tour. No Bold for me.
    06-24-10 07:24 AM
    So on from the update yesterday afternoon. The wonderful CSR I spoke to after I was sent my 6th defective tour as a replacement was kind enough to give me her email address, extension, etc. She said she was going to replace with a Bold, but as of yesterday afternoon she wasn't showing any in stock. But that she would check consistently throughout the days and get in touch with me as soon as she saw them come in. I thought I would be waiting until next week, but sure enough at 9:05 this morning I got a call. It was from another CSR because my original works from 2-11. Anyway, longer story short, they are sending me out a brand new Bold and overnighting it because of the "issues" I have had to deal with. I will keep everyone updated on whether I get the brand new or now.

BUT it seems as though they are out of Tours AGAIN. That is at least what she told me on the phone. So anyone still trying.. HURRY UP!

I am one happy Big Red Customer today!
    06-24-10 08:24 AM
2,047 ... 6566676869 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD