09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 6465666768 ...
tools
    Yeah they appear to be out of Tours again. My replacement Tour was a real piece of ****. Rubber hanging out of the screen, trackball all wonky... That was my 4th Tour. I'd be happy with a Tour that isn't all busted but it appears as though they are sending me a Bold.
    i still have my first tour from when they first came out...which might be a reason why they wont give me a new bold i feel like...but i feel as though this should benefit me
    06-23-10 03:53 PM
    i still have my first tour from when they first came out...which might be a reason why they wont give me a new bold i feel like...but i feel as though this should benefit me
    I had my original tour that I just got in december and they sent me a bold. I used trackball issues. Told them it wasn't going left and right, only up and down, which it was, and they didn't really give me hassle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 04:05 PM
    I had my original tour that I just got in december and they sent me a bold. I used trackball issues. Told them it wasn't going left and right, only up and down, which it was, and they didn't really give me hassle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i said that exact samething...a said there has been lag, i dont know i am going to try again when i get home from work
    06-23-10 04:07 PM
    tell them ahh ill think about it im sick of this, and ill call back. then call back in 15 mins, i had to do that. the first girl wanted to send me a tour only, 2nd guy said i can only do that if im out of tours, and lets check, well im out of tours, and ur the lucky guy cuase i get to type the code in for the bold to come to u.

ive done the multiple call tactic to get early upgrades too. if someone dont work with u hang up and call back till someone does. ur the customer. u pay them.
    yeah i just went ahead and had the tour delivered to me, see how this one works out, if not ill be getting back on that phone and hitting up *611.
    06-23-10 04:17 PM
    Just got my replacement tour about 30 minutes ago.. It was worse than the one I was trying to replace.. I immediately packed it up and sent it out. On the phone with Verizon now.
    06-23-10 04:21 PM
    Just got my replacement tour. Immediately had problems with the charging port and trackball. Called VZW Customer Service. Once again they're out of Tours so a Bold will be arriving on my doorstep on Friday. Hopefully my trackpad will be flush.
    06-23-10 04:28 PM
    They are out of stock of the bolds right now.. But THANK GOD she is sending one out overnight as soon as they come back in.. she said most likely tomorrow. The Tour nightmare is OVER!
    06-23-10 04:33 PM
    FRUBold but hey looks/feels dare i say Smells new LOL better than that nasty smoke smell

Glad they replaced my Tour I got off FleaBay... and I thought you had to be the original owner? Guess not...

.732 OS, and w/Camera!!! o YEA!

BTW for those wondering read the paperwork that comes with it!!!
    mine says point blank! "Place ONLY the device into the device box and keep your battery and all accessories!!!!!!

Anyone in need of the foreign power adapters I never go global
    Lovin the WiFi btw!!!
    06-23-10 04:48 PM
    Calling Experience: Called Thurs and woman was unhelpful and inexperienced. Wasn't willing to help on the phone (only have cell ph at home) and to call back when I have access to another phone. Called the next evening and the CS and TS reps were the nicest guys I've talked to and was extremely helpful. Told the TS rep I've already troubleshooted the problems and explained how. He didn't bother talking me thru the steps again and immediately offered the Bold.
    Time Called: Friday 6/18 7:30pm
    Issue Claimed: Flaky trackball and memory slot
    Model Promised: Blackberry Bold 9650

Package Origin: West Chester, PA
    Package Weight: 2.0 lbs/.9 kg

Time Delivered: Tues 6/23 1:30pm
    Model Recieved: Blackberry Bold 9650 w/ camera
    Condition: Retail box with all accessories. Blue sticker. "FRUBB9650" Near perfect trackpad.
    OS Loaded: 5.0.0.732
    Return Shipment: Tour 9360 no back cover, battery or SIM card.
    06-23-10 04:51 PM
    3.0 lbs out of Memphis. Called Sunday evening and got in about 20 minutes ago.

PIC ---> img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/Its_Tha_Kid_23/9650.jpg

Trackpad is fine. All accessories in box. 2 GB MicroSD in phone. FRU, blue dot, .732. Yes, that's an extra battery AND wall charger. Taken from my Tour 9630's camera. About to activate my Bold now!
    Last edited by lukejwalka23; 06-23-10 at 05:20 PM.
    06-23-10 05:10 PM
    Package just got here for my girlfriend's Tour. FRU Bold with Camera in bold box with all accessories.

Calling Experience: I called for her. Quick and to the point. No troubleshooting. This would have been 4th Tour. Whole call 10 minutes max.
    Time Called: Sun 6/20 5:00 pm
    Issue Claimed: trackball issues (true, it really has a mind of it's own sometimes)
    Model Promised: Blackberry Bold 9650 with no battery or back cover
    Package Origin: Memphis, TN
    Package Weight: 2.0 lbs/.9 kg

Time Delivered: Wed 6/23 5:45pm
    Model Recieved: Blackberry Bold 9650 w/ camera
    Condition: Retail box with all accessories. Blue sticker. "FRUBB9650" Trackpad seems flush and straight.
    OS Loaded: 5.0.0.732
    Return Shipment: Just old Tour 9360 w/ back cover & old SIM card.
    Additional Info: Don't think things could have turned out much better.
    06-23-10 06:16 PM
    I had mine near my house, FEDEX guy didnt even knock on the door just left a note, i spent all day next to the front door watching tv, guy didnt even really make an attempt outside of leaving a note and just my luck he goes to the outlying areas of my county, so i get to wait and hope i catch him tomorrow.. gonna suck waiting from sat to now only to have it shipped back
    06-23-10 06:53 PM
    I had mine near my house, FEDEX guy didnt even knock on the door just left a note, i spent all day next to the front door watching tv, guy didnt even really make an attempt outside of leaving a note and just my luck he goes to the outlying areas of my county, so i get to wait and hope i catch him tomorrow.. gonna suck waiting from sat to now only to have it shipped back
    There should be an option on the tag he left to sign it and then he will leave it. Myself, I would hope I caught him so I could inquire why he didn't even bother to knock.

Off that subject, did anyone get a NIB with FRU sticker with a RED dot? It came with everything and the new OS but I haven't seen anyone who says they got a red dot.
    06-23-10 07:22 PM
    I called twice today, and both CSRs said they are out of Bolds, but do have Tours back in.

I got a Bold last week to replace a tour with intermittent trackball issues. I didn't exaggerate, just told them it happens once in a while, and they replaced it under warranty so it doesn't completely go before the warranty runs out. But I called back today, as I can't stand the lopsided trackpad. I asked them about it, and the first CSR said she would go to a test room to check the Bold there. She came back and said it was level all around. She said it shouldn't be like that, and that they wanted to replace it. But I just have to wait for them to come in.
    06-23-10 07:28 PM
    Mine just got here. Trackpad is lopsided and a bit crooked but im not sure I am bothered by it. Well see after I use it awhile and see what happens. But I am so excited that I got a Bold for free! After giving in and getting the Tour cause I didnt want to wait any longer and then this happens. its a shame one of my buddies seems to have missed the opportunity
    06-23-10 07:39 PM
    i said that exact samething...a said there has been lag, i dont know i am going to try again when i get home from work
    I first noticed this thread sometimes on Friday. Folks getting Bolds to replace defective Tours. I thought I would live with my sometimes wonky trackball. Stalls and jumps when it overcame a stall. Kept reading more threads and read that this was while the refurb Tours were out of stock. By Sat. afternoon I was thinking I should take advantage and headed to the phone 2 or 3 times and figured I know nothing about the Bold and never played with the trackpad. Did not call. By around 6:30 I figured when I finally got around to it, Tours would be back and I'd get another wonky phone. My phone Tour is completely unblemished since it has been locked inside an Otterbox.

Finally, at 7pm I had had it and called. CSR was nice, told me no Tours and would I accept a BOLD - YES! It was to be just the phone body. Got a full deal meal, battery, charger, holster, sd card, etc. I am pleased.

In other words, GO FOR IT.
    06-23-10 09:07 PM
    Mine arrived yesterday with 20 minutes to go. But the bell rang, I headed down the stairs pretty quickly and she was already starting to write the tag. I even commented on that. She said it takes time to fill out the tag and so was starting. Seriously, I was down in less than 30 seconds. I'm sure that they have a lot of deliveries but ...........
    06-23-10 09:13 PM
    Received my new BOLD!!! I got the FULL retail packaging with everything in it, so pumped! FRUBB9650 sticker over the original sku, blue dot, loaded with .732, box opened once with a new seal. Just activated it and we are in business, thank you vzw!!!
    06-23-10 09:24 PM
    just got my new bold today and it came from tx but still got the box with the battery and everything. so ppl whose phone are being sent from tx can still get the full box. don't lose hope!
    andd the phone is very nice!
    06-23-10 09:38 PM
    just went to pick up my 1lb "bold" ended up being a "like new" tour instead. wtf man? i tried calling in again and the asshol* i spoke to sunday said the bold is offered as replacement and verbally told me it would be sent out. when i called today the other guy said the notes said "send out refurb tour" this is bull**** man. got this tour in late march not a heavy user at all. i surf for an hour a day during lunch and now im ****ed with track ball issue tours from now on? im cancelling my account and going somewhere else man.
    06-23-10 09:56 PM
    Has anyone ever had a trackball clicking issue? My husband's refurb doesn't select when clicking and it's getting really annoying. Also, has anyone called and successfully gotten a Bold today? I'm wondering if there will be another wave of OOS Tours again...
    06-23-10 10:06 PM
    Ok, I called in late Sunday night early Monday morning with trackball issue. The csr said they were out of Tours and would send me the Bold. My wife called in a few hours later on Monday and they told her she would be getting the Tour.

My new Bold with accessories arrived today and my wife received her Tour. The refurbished tour was horrible. The bluetooth would not enable and the trackball was worse than the old Tour. So, she called csr and complained. They told her she would get another Tour unless she wanted to renew her contract then they would send her a differnet phone. The csr lady was rude to her. I told her to hang up and call back. So, she did. She got a nice guy who said he was aware of the problems with the Tour and is sending her a Bold. She will have it Friday.
    06-23-10 10:09 PM
    Ok, I called in late Sunday night early Monday morning with trackball issue. The csr said they were out of Tours and would send me the Bold. My wife called in a few hours later on Monday and they told her she would be getting the Tour.

My new Bold with accessories arrived today and my wife received her Tour. The refurbished tour was horrible. The bluetooth would not enable and the trackball was worse than the old Tour. So, she called csr and complained. They told her she would get another Tour unless she wanted to renew her contract then they would send her a differnet phone. The csr lady was rude to her. I told her to hang up and call back. So, she did. She got a nice guy who said he was aware of the problems with the Tour and is sending her a Bold. She will have it Friday.
    thats what u gotta do if u get a doosh. hang up and call back. or say i have to go, i have an impt call to take thats beeping in or ringing in . one time i think it was somewhere i was talking to csr, (not vzw) i muted the phone to get the persons info and the girl said dont mute the phone on me. click!

i tell people to call as many times as it takes.
    06-23-10 10:14 PM
    when i spoke to another tech guy he kept telling me that the bold is not offered, and that my warranty is only for the tour and tour only. **** that man, im gonna call again every day till i get a god damn bold. i dont care about the memory upgrade, or wifi that does nothing while im at work. i hate this trackball scrolling, and browser click issue. i had better C.S with tmobile the 3 years i was with them than 3 months of verizon
    06-23-10 10:18 PM
    I called a couple days ago because I need to go back to my Tour (from my Storm2) for typing reasons with work and decided to give this a try since I originally ditched the Tour because of the trackball. I went to the store and the guy got me a new Tour. I didn't care because I not like most people in here who feel entitled to get something they didn't purchase.

Anyways, I received it tonight and plugged it into my Mac (My PC isn't working at the moment) and loaded up Desktop Manager. It asked my to upgrade and I did like I've done 20 times before. Midway through I get a 507 error. I call up Verizon and get the nicest tech guy. He apologized for the problem and I said "I'm used to it, this is my 4th Tour." At one point I said "I wasn't expecting to have to upgrade seeing as its a new phone" to which he responded nicely "well, it takes a few months for the inventory to be cycled through, bla bla bla" and I said "I'm sure its longer now that the Bold is out. The Tour probably won't sell anymore."

About 2 minutes later he goes, "Hey, how would you like the Bold?"

I'm getting it Friday morning!!
    06-23-10 10:29 PM
2,047 ... 6465666768 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD