09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 6364656667 ...
tools
    I called saturday and they said they were gonna send me a bold since they had no more tours in stock. Supposed to be delievered today. It was 2lbs shipping out of PA. Hope its a new one.
    On another note has anyone had a problem like this. My younger brother called because his trackball is barely working and wanted to get a replacement. Didn't specify whether he wanted a tour or bold as a replacement. The guy just said no you can't get a replacement phone. What should he do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 11:39 AM
    Just called, spoke with a very nice rep who asked me "how I felt about the Bold". I told her I have heard of it and would be interested. Upgraded to overnight shipping and it should be here tomorrow morning!
    06-23-10 11:40 AM
    I guess it is hit and miss i was curious and called today and was told it could be replaces by a Tour not a Bold, and that they have thousands of refurbished Tours in stock to re issue, so I guess it depends on who you talk to or who you know.
    06-23-10 12:24 PM
    Call 1: Tuesday afternoon: Rep said I will be getting a Bold for my Tour, but they were all out of Bold with Cameras, so try back later and he will note the account that I will get a Bold.

Call 2: Tuesday evening: Got with another rep, said she could not give me a Bold because there were Tours in stock. Call "accidently" got "disconnected"

Call 3: Wednesday morning: Got a really nice rep, said they send out Tours because they are in stock, but if I have preference for Bold, she could send a Bold... So she ordered me a Bold. Said it will come just the phone, no cover or battery... but we'll see!
    06-23-10 12:27 PM
    I just received my wife's replacement phone. Received the full retail package with all accessories. It appears to have come from the Memphis facility.

One odd aspect, which I suspect is human error, is that we have TWO batteries in the box instead of one.
    06-23-10 12:34 PM
    I received two shipping notices from vzw. One came from Ft. Worth and contained a bold without camera. The other is coming from west chester, pa but haven't received it yet (should be delivered today).

pm
    06-23-10 12:46 PM
    Brand New Bold arrived yesterday from Ontario.
    love it!
    06-23-10 01:31 PM
    Calling Experience: a crap load of troubleshooting
    Time Called: Mon 6/21 10:00am
    Issue Claimed: bad data connection & voice
    Model Promised: Blackberry Bold 9650

Package Origin: Ontario, CA
    Package Weight: 2.0 lbs/.9 kg

Time Delivered: Tues 6/23 1:30pm
    Model Recieved: Blackberry Bold 9650 w/ camera
    Condition: Retail box with all accessories. Blue sticker. "FRUBB9650" Near perfect trackpad.
    OS Loaded: 5.0.0.732
    Return Shipment: Just old Tour 9360 w/ back cover & old SIM card.
    Additional Info: The box has been opened before. There were two big clear stickers that seal the box. The one underneath has been cut, but then another was placed over it which I peeled off. Maybe to load new OS?

I got this message on the FedEx tracking page:
    IMPORTANT!
    Package deliveries are proceeding as normal; however tracking updates are temporarily being delayed. Please try back later. (it still says it's at the sort facility)

It's got that new car smell!
    06-23-10 02:00 PM
    how do you delete all the 3rd party apps that come on the phone (bing, cityID, skype, vcast, etc)??

i want to delete them to save memory, how do i do so?
    06-23-10 02:14 PM
    how do you delete all the 3rd party apps that come on the phone (bing, cityID, skype, vcast, etc)??

Desktop Manager
    06-23-10 02:20 PM
    I received my Bold today. FRU/Blue Dot/.732 installed. In retail box with all accessories. Shipped from TN. Thanks VZW!
    06-23-10 02:22 PM

Those apps aren't actually installed. They are just shortcuts to download/install the app. Just hide the icons. To remove applications you have installed, go to options, then applications and you can remove from there.
    06-23-10 02:22 PM
    I got this message on the FedEx tracking page:
    IMPORTANT!
    Package deliveries are proceeding as normal; however tracking updates are temporarily being delayed. Please try back later. (it still says it's at the sort facility)
    I never got that message, mine is stuck 100 miles away... so i called and they can track it in a diff program... told me it is out for Delivery, I wonder how much they are slowed down by the iPhart4?

I bet all the people tracking their iPhart 4's (4 what I don't know) crashed their system tracking those shipments LOL probably refreshing every n seconds lol
    06-23-10 02:28 PM
    my bold just came in a brown box WITH NO CAMERA!!!!!!!
    06-23-10 02:34 PM
    Just got off the phone, new bold will be here friday! very impressed with customer service!
    06-23-10 02:43 PM
    Called Saturday around 5:30pm. Didn't go through customer service, I went directly to tech support instead. Went through no trouble shooting -- like battery pulls and hard resets -- the rep simply started working on the replacement. After taking my address, she told me they couldn't ship the Tour and would look in my area for a store that had stock. I explained that I'd be ok with a new phone and that was that, a supposedly refurbished bold without battery or door was to be here by Wednesday.
    Package arrived today, after the Tour replacement email scare on Monday. Weight was 2lb/.9k from Memphis, TN. NIB retail Bold 9650 with the blue dot FRU stickers, .732 loaded. In the device switch wizard right now. The only problem is the slanted trackpad, which I noticed immediately. I'm going to see how it works before I complain, but right now I am ecstatic!
    Looks like everything that's 2lbs is NIB, as is everything from TN.
    06-23-10 02:51 PM
    there overnight me a bold with camera i should recieve it tomorrow morning. i have a feeling its a FRU with complete package lol
    06-23-10 02:57 PM
    Glad I saw this and called! Have two Tours on my acct, and already got one replaced due to trackball issues (and the replacement now has lock button issues) - and no luck before trying to get the other replaced for trackball issues.

Called today and got forwarded to tech service. They didn't have any Tours (Thank God) so I am getting two Bolds! Yeah! Can't wait till FedEx arrives on Friday! I forgot to make sure they have cameras, but they will definitely hear from me again if they don't!
    06-23-10 03:28 PM
    I never got that message, mine is stuck 100 miles away... so i called and they can track it in a diff program... told me it is out for Delivery, I wonder how much they are slowed down by the iPhart4?

I bet all the people tracking their iPhart 4's (4 what I don't know) crashed their system tracking those shipments LOL probably refreshing every n seconds lol
    LOL! Yeah, the message appeared on the top of the tracking page.

My brother is waiting for his iphone, we theorized the same thing.
    06-23-10 03:35 PM
    i called verizon today..they said they would send me a like new tour, so i am waiting for the supervisor to call me back if he doesnt call by the time i get home from work i am gonna try again. any advice i could get? i told customer service that my friend had the same problem and called earlier this morning and they replaced him with the new bold
    06-23-10 03:41 PM
    As of 15 mins ago, they are apparently out of Tours again, have a Bold coming my way!
    06-23-10 03:42 PM
    As of 15 mins ago, they are apparently out of Tours again, have a Bold coming my way!
    damn im gonna call again when i get home...im pissed this didnt work for me the first time...i hope they are more willing this time
    06-23-10 03:50 PM
    Nice.

If Verizon is going to offer it to you, then that is great. Enjoy your new device.
    06-23-10 03:50 PM
    lmao!!!
    yes, i never believed it for a moment. Who would use vaseline when vicks vapor rub works so much better for congested trackballs. (rubbing it on any other balls could be hazardous to your health)

have a good day and a good long life for your non-vaselined tour.
    06-23-10 03:51 PM
    Yeah they appear to be out of Tours again. My replacement Tour was a real piece of ****. Rubber hanging out of the screen, trackball all wonky... That was my 4th Tour. I'd be happy with a Tour that isn't all busted but it appears as though they are sending me a Bold.
    06-23-10 03:52 PM
2,047 ... 6364656667 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD