09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 6263646566 ...
tools
    I just received my Bold. NIB with all the accessories. Shipped from Ontario, CA - 2lbs. Made in Mexico. Blue dot on box. FRU BB9650. OS 5.0.0.732
    06-23-10 12:20 AM
    I have a major crack on my tours screen and cant see what is going on. I have insurance on my phone so I was going to go through them for a new phone. Do you think they will send me a bold instead of a tour?
    Yes, this is the exact issue I had with my Tour. They were going to replace it in store as a warranty issue because it wasn't too bad and the kid in the tech dept has seen me in there a bunch of times. Unfortunately I swapped my Storm 2 for this Tour and since I didn't buy it from VZ the warranty is voided (only good for original owner) and my early upgrade date isn't until Dec. I went on the Asurion website and did a claim, there is a screen that says the Tour is no longer produced and out of stock and the replacement to it is the Bold 9650, it then asks if that is ok and you click to confirm. I did that friday night, monday morning UPS delivered it to my door. This phone is MUCH better than the Tour, now I know why they renamed it! Well worth the $89 deductible. Good luck with yours!

p.s. My shipping said .90 lbs for some reason. Recieved a brand new sealed in box with all sealed accessories. No dots on it with .699 loaded
    06-23-10 01:06 AM
    Just checked with FedEx- 2lbs shipped from Memphis, TN 2-day service. Hopefully it's Bold time...
    STILL in Memphis...it would appear things move a bit slower in the Volunteer state.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 06:41 AM
    YAY! So, I am the proud new mother of a bouncing baby bold. She weighed in at 2lbs, 9oz and was delivered from Mephis, TN. Full Retail Box, all the goodies came with her! Software version .732. No Blue dot.

Thats good to hear, I am awaiting to see what I get today. Shipped from Memphis and she weighs 3 pounds; 1.4 kg
    06-23-10 07:30 AM
    waiting for mines i put the fedex sticker on the door so he could leave it regardless
    06-23-10 07:37 AM
    Calling Experience: First call with a very nice TSR
    Time Called: Fri 6/18 8:00pm
    Issue Claimed: Sticky trackball and lagging OS
    Model Promised: Blackberry Bold 9650

Package Origin: Ontario, CA
    Package Weight: 2.0 lbs/.9 kg

Time Delivered: Tues 6/22 2:47pm
    Model Recieved: Blackberry Bold 9650 w/ camera
    Condition: Retail box with all accessories. Blue sticker. "FRUBB9650" Near perfect trackpad.
    OS Loaded: 5.0.0.732
    this whole scenario was so random if you called after 3pm on friday...almost EVERYONE got Bolds before that...but the patterns for people who called towards the end of the Boldrush are skewed like crazy.

so jealous of you...have to admit...the Tour I did get does work. The trackball is totally different than the 1st 2 Tours I had.

oh well
    06-23-10 07:53 AM
    STILL in Memphis...it would appear things move a bit slower in the Volunteer state.

I'm thinking FedEx may be backed up a bit with all of our shipments! Haha. I called late Saturday night, told them about my trackball issues, they did not even troubleshoot and right away offered me the Bold, no questions. Mine is scheduled for delivery today, it has arrived in the destination facility in my state so I should be good to go. I am waiting on a 2 pounder from memphis...
    06-23-10 08:03 AM
    What does the color of the sticker on the box indicate?
    Firmware version
    06-23-10 08:05 AM
    FedEx just delivered my package from Fort Worth, TX............... It's a "certified like new" Tour 9630. Freaking bastards.
    06-23-10 08:22 AM
    OK. I know I only have to send the phone back w/o battery and accessories. However, do I put any documentation in the box or just the phone? Do they connect the phone to my account by just the shipping label?
    06-23-10 08:36 AM
    I got my bold yesterday. It came in a sealed retail box with a FRU sticker with .732 preloaded. Shipped out from West Chester, PA and weighed in at 2lbs.
    The trackpad seems slightly tilted but its not really too noticeable.

It took me a while to realize what was different with the keyboard but it seems to bulge out a bit as if its a bloated tour. Also, the bottom row of keys are like half height, so it will take a little bit to get used to this and the trackpad.

I didn't bother doing a DM transfer, instead I started with the fresh install. Set up my gmail account with the blackberry and it synced all my contacts into the phone. I'll be reinstalling apps as I need them since I had a lot of extras.
    06-23-10 08:37 AM
    After receiving the brand new bold Verizon has impressed me once again. I'm tempted not to even bother with trying the new iPhone 4 out. I was going to stand in line for my reserve but I'm asking myself if its even necessary. Never realized how nice wifi is on a blackberry.
    Last edited by auero; 06-23-10 at 09:35 AM.
    06-23-10 09:10 AM
    I received my BOLD yesterday and it came with a battery cover. Do you guys think I'll be charged if I keep my Tour battery cover and send the Tour back without it?
    06-23-10 09:21 AM
    Is there any way to make google the default search, or even make it an option within the bb browser as your search. These bing results are absolutely awful.

Also I had not upgraded my tour to the latest build because I loved the standby button which is now removed. Does lock save the same amount of battery as standby? Can I make the top right key do anything useful?
    06-23-10 09:25 AM
    I received my BOLD yesterday and it came with a battery cover. Do you guys think I'll be charged if I keep my Tour battery cover and send the Tour back without it?
    no!! they just want the phone back thats it
    06-23-10 09:26 AM
    After receiving the brand new bold Verizon has impressed me once again. I'm tempted not to even bother with trying the new iPhone 4 out. I was going to stand in line for my reserve but I'm asking myself if its even necessary. Never released how nice wifi is on a blackberry.
    And after getting a Tour as a replacement today, I'm feeling the exact opposite.
    06-23-10 09:29 AM
    I just got my certified like new Tour today from Ft. Worth at 1lb.

Kinda bummed, but we'll see how this one goes.
    06-23-10 09:30 AM
    Can anyone else who received a Bold speak to this. Camera or no?

I received my BOLD yesterday WITH a camera.
    06-23-10 09:35 AM
    I got my Bold yesterday. NIB with all accessories. The Bold box has a few stickers...
    Sticker #1: FRUBB9650
    Sticker #2: S/W 5.0.0.732
    Sticker #3: little blue dot

As soon as I got the phone I started working on it. I did not do a back/up restore cause I wanted to start fresh. I downloaded each and every app I had on the Tour 1 by 1. I put my contacts back by way of Backup Assistant. I have 306 mb of memory available after installing 12 apps and 1 theme. I was not able to get 2 apps from BB App World which I am assuming they are not compatible with the Bold but the apps were not anything to get upset about.
    I'm sure if I go to DM I can get those 2 apps back if I am in dire need.

So far this phone works great. I'm not hesitant at all using the trackpad as I was using the trackball. I was super cautious with my trackball. I made sure my hands were really clean and not oily. I watched my lotion use. I hardly ever used the ball to click, I would use the enter key and yeti still had issues with the ball freezing and sticking.

I'm still adjusting to the wifi. I've noticed between the Tour and the Bold is when you use the browser on the Tour it comes up fast with no long waits. With the Bold I use the browser and it take a while to load. I have wifi currently off because I want to see how the browser would hold up on 3G. I'm going to try wifi later today and compare the differences

I hope this novel helps anyone who is thinking of getting a Bold or has received/going to receive a Bold as a replacement for the Tour.

M more then willing to answer questions if you would like to ask
    Just PM me

<3 T

06-23-10 09:46 AM
    Is there any way to make google the default search, or even make it an option within the bb browser as your search. These bing results are absolutely awful.

Also I had not upgraded my tour to the latest build because I loved the standby button which is now removed. Does lock save the same amount of battery as standby? Can I make the top right key do anything useful?
    The only aspect of the Browser search you can change is to dictionary or wiki or Bing. I was actually wondering if I could make a OS hybrid that uses the older Tour browser cod files. It would be wonderful if one could find just the one cod file that controlled that aspect.

I, too, preferred the "MUTE" button's odd Standby role. And I stuck with an older OS, too. I have read that the RIGHT-standby-lock button does place it in standby. I'm hoping once I get my apps' registration changed (mobihand), that Addonis will add back auto-standby.

But, as I wrote elsewhere, not having to worry about autoclaving my fingers each time I reached for the trackBALL will be very nice. Rim really screwed up when they redesigned the trackball access from the interior so cleaning was nearly impossible.
    06-23-10 09:48 AM
    [QUOTE=F2;5272716] I was actually wondering if I could make a OS hybrid that uses the older Tour browser cod files. It would be wonderful if one could find just the one cod file that controlled that aspect.

What a great idea!!! If you are able to figure it out, please post back!
    06-23-10 09:50 AM
    So I just called Verizon and true story, my blackberry tour isn't charging and I have to frequently have to swap batteries w/ my partner and charge it on that phone. Verizon is shipping a refurbished tour. Just my luck :-\ This will be my 4th tour. Wasn't one of the lucky ones
    06-23-10 09:55 AM
    To all the whiners who commented about my Vaseline on the trackball post: it was a joke. I thought that was evident by my wording, but I guess not. I would never do that. When/if my Tour goes wonky, I'll replace it with whatever they give me and be happy about it.

Some people in this thread really need to get over themselves.

06-23-10 10:00 AM
    To all the whiners who commented about my Vaseline on the trackball post: it was a joke. I thought that was evident by my wording, but I guess not. I would never do that. When/if my Tour goes wonky, I'll replace it with whatever they give me and be happy about it.

Some people in this thread really need to get over themselves.

Yes, I never believed it for a moment. Who would use Vaseline when Vicks Vapor Rub works so much better for congested trackballs. (rubbing it on any other balls could be hazardous to your health)

Have a good day and a good long life for your NON-vaselined Tour.
    06-23-10 10:31 AM
    I just got my certified like new Tour today from Ft. Worth at 1lb.

Kinda bummed, but we'll see how this one goes.
    same deal here
    06-23-10 10:31 AM
2,047 ... 6263646566 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD