09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    can anyone tell me what were supposed to return?
    is it just the phone?
    or do i have to include the sim card and the battery door, etc..
    06-22-10 08:37 PM
    can anyone tell me what were supposed to return?
    is it just the phone?
    or do i have to include the sim card and the battery door, etc..
    just the phone
    06-22-10 08:39 PM
    Anyone else having issues getting the browser to work? It worked normal at first, but then it started saying the signal was too weak. It's working for now, just INCREDIBLY slow. Anyone know how to fix it for future reference? I already tried a battery pull...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 08:49 PM
    Just got mine.. Came in retail box, says FRU something on it, made in Mexico, includes battery door, holster, cables etc. Looks like the full thing. I live on East Coast, tracking said it came from Canada and weighed 2.0lb.
    06-22-10 08:52 PM
    YAY!!! My FRU Bold 9650 came today and it had everything even though the CSR told me it would only be the phone, an extra battery in case my tour one didn't fit, and a universal charger. So I got everything in the box, plus a battery and universal charger. Can anyone please tell me what I am suppose to send back because she told me to use the battery and door cover. So do I just send the phone back minus that and keep the extra charger and battery that was sent along with the FRU unit? I am so excited that everything came with it and the new software loaded on it. Just activated and now it's on to transfers and apps. The track pad is offset, it's a bit lower on the right then the rest of it, but doesn't seem to be an issue...Oh well. I am just glad it's not a track ball!!!
    06-22-10 09:01 PM
    Anyone else having issues getting the browser to work? It worked normal at first, but then it started saying the signal was too weak. It's working for now, just INCREDIBLY slow. Anyone know how to fix it for future reference? I already tried a battery pull...

were u connected to wifi before?
    06-22-10 09:04 PM
    were u connected to wifi before?
    No. All it says is 3G up in the corner by the reception bars...

06-22-10 09:11 PM
    Figured it out. Just went into the mobile network option and changed the technology from global to 1XEV. Works a little better now

But on a completely different subject...when I'm sending back my tour where do I put the return label? Over the old one? Sorry it's a dumb question...never returned anything through mail before

06-22-10 09:39 PM
    Mine came from Ontario CALIFORNIA (for those that think Ontario meant Canada) weighed 2 lbs was NIB with a RED sticker on it. Built in Mexico. It had been opened but like previous poster said, I think it was to update the OS nothing else had been opened. Trackpad is flush and straight and seems to be fine.
    If you are not used to switching devices, I suggest you use the blackberry manager as it will walk you through everything and then will offer to wipe your old device at the end.
    In my box I got these instructions for sending my old phone back.
    1. Clear all personal information
    2. Place only the device into the device box and keep your battery and accessories.
    3. Place device box into the shipping box.
    4. Attach FedEx label to shipping box and drop off at the nearest FedEx location.
    (if you received via UPS, please see label for information on how to arrange pick up or drop off.
    For more detailed instructions, please visit verizonwireless.com/replacementphone

I knew what I was getting before they sent it because the issue I had with my Tour was modem related and the new OS update fried the modem, so she told me I was going to get all new stuff with my bold. Might have been a benefit of using their tethering service instead of tetherberry. My old trackball was fine.
    06-22-10 09:40 PM
    When sending the phone back, can you send it back completely wiped, with the reload error, or should it have an OS on it?
    06-22-10 09:58 PM
    When sending the phone back, can you send it back completely wiped, with the reload error, or should it have an OS on it?
    I dont know...did your phone brick itself? Mine did
    06-22-10 10:12 PM
    I dont know...did your phone brick itself? Mine did
    No i just wiped it with bbsak, but i didnt know what condition they wanted it back in
    06-22-10 10:19 PM
    I would either peel off the old label or black it out. Some companies are bigger sticklers than others. It keeps them from having to search for the proper bar codes. I usually put my label on top since I don't have security tape I clear tape it and then put it across so they can tell if it's been tampered with.
    I wouldn't worry about sending back the phone with the reload error. They will fix if they want to and reload the newest OS. My first tour got bricked and I couldn't even wipe it so I just sent it.
    06-22-10 10:39 PM
    I believe I'm getting a Tour tomorrow, but I sure hope the ball friggin works this time! I haven't had a Tour with a working ball yet and I'm doing a lot more texting and emailing with work now so I need to get rid of my Storm and go back to the Tour/Bold. I was hoping they would give me a Bold so I don't ever have to worry about this again, but I did buy a Tour originally, so that is what I deserve.

However, I WILL keep sending it back if it doesn't work properly!
    06-22-10 11:10 PM
    Just got my replacement today. It's a full retail box. If your shipping says 2 lbs, you can probably expect the same.
    06-22-10 11:25 PM
    YAY! So, I am the proud new mother of a bouncing baby bold. She weighed in at 2lbs, 9oz and was delivered from Mephis, TN. Full Retail Box, all the goodies came with her! Software version .732. No Blue dot.
    06-22-10 11:52 PM
    received mine from fort worth,TX. received a FRU bold, with NO camera. I called about it, and the guy said it has been happening a lot lately. He apologized and checked stock, NONE. no bolds with camera in stock at all, which means others prob got one without a camera. He told me he would send out a bold with camera once it comes into stock.

Also, he checked tours with camera. None were in stock at all... for those who care

06-23-10 12:00 AM
    Apparently the csr lied to u. My Bold was sent from Ft. Worth with a weight of 1 pound. They sent it without a camera. The csr that I talked to informed me of this when I called to get the tracking number. I told him I was thinking about going to another carrier if he did not immediately correct the problem. He told me to refuse the package and then as soon as I refuse it to call back and they would over night me a Bold with a camera. I did call back and my Bold with a camera will be arriving tomorrow. Its being shipped out of Memphis with a weight of 2.0 pounds.

06-23-10 12:10 AM
    CS said I was getting a refurbed Bold, but the fedex says its 2lbs from California. So im hoping its a brand new one.
    06-23-10 12:23 AM
    CS said I was getting a refurbed Bold, but the fedex says its 2lbs from California. So im hoping its a brand new one.
    they said the same to me and i got a brand new phone today. 2lbs from Ontario, CA goodluck
    06-23-10 12:26 AM
    What does the color of the sticker on the box indicate?
    06-23-10 12:43 AM
    just called verizon today, after going through the normal routine with the first operator, i got transfered to tech support and the lady on the phone was great.

she looked through the inventory and couldnt find any bolds with cameras, she had absolutely no problem offering me a bold over the tour, i asked for a bold instead and she said no problem.

they are going to call me tomorrow when there is supposed to more stock and get my new bold in the mail
    06-23-10 12:44 AM
    I have a major crack on my tours screen and cant see what is going on. I have insurance on my phone so I was going to go through them for a new phone. Do you think they will send me a bold instead of a tour?
    06-23-10 01:07 AM
    Called this morning to talk about trackball and screen lock issue my phone has had for two days. They offered me the Bold without me even saying anything. Should be here Thursday, package coming from Memphis, TN 2 lbs.
    06-23-10 01:16 AM
    I believe I'm getting a Tour tomorrow, but I sure hope the ball friggin works this time! I haven't had a Tour with a working ball yet and I'm doing a lot more texting and emailing with work now so I need to get rid of my Storm and go back to the Tour/Bold. I was hoping they would give me a Bold so I don't ever have to worry about this again, but I did buy a Tour originally, so that is what I deserve.

However, I WILL keep sending it back if it doesn't work properly!
    Please take this for what its worth as I know some reps do not have a clue about these things, but........

I need a new Tour myself as I purchased mine second hand from my coworker and the ball is jacked and the camera flash no longer works. I called Verizon today to see about a certified pre-owned Tour and the rep. stated that as of now they have "pre-owned" Tours in stock but mentioned if they run out I could get a Bold instead. I was shocked that she offered this as an option. I told her I was getting a "pre-owned" Tour and asked if she was certain I could get a Bold instead if the Tour stock was gone...She confirmed this. I assume it would still cost me the $189.99 "pre-owned" price of the Tour, but **** I may wait and test my luck at getting a Bold.

I am only a couple months into my 2 year contract so a Bold would cost me $509.99 if I bought one now...The $189.99 sounds great to me.

Again, I do not know if this is true but it IS what I was told.....
    06-23-10 01:17 AM
2,047 ... 6162636465 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD