09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 5960616263 ...
tools
    I just got off the phone with a rep to clarify what was sent to me. She said unfortunately I got a Tour, BUT the stock that they got is still rapidly decreasing and they will most likely just phase out the tour from what she understood. Also, since this will be my 5th tour, she put a note in my account that the next time something goes wrong with the phone they will replace with a different model (namely the Bold). So this is from her, I don't know whether to believe it or not,

****but hopefully the track ball is bad again.. fingers crossed****
    I don't think finger crossing is necessary - it is inevitable. But sorry you have to go through it again.
    06-22-10 03:45 PM
    just got mine, ONTARIO CA, retail packaging

Thanks OP

Edit: the trackpad is either slightly raise in the lower left corner, or a little sunk in on the right side, take your pick.

Running .732
    Last edited by ekinnyc; 06-22-10 at 04:10 PM.
    06-22-10 03:52 PM
    I just recieved mine from Ft. Worth Texas and the brown FedEx box said 2lbs on the side. When I opened it, I had a nice white Bold box staring at me. everything was in there. battery, 2g sd card, sim card, manuals, charger, earbuds and backing. I'm so freaking excited! The trackpad is a little higher in the upper right hand corner, but works perfect. also has os .732 on it. Good luck to you all.
    06-22-10 04:03 PM
    I just recieved mine from Ft. Worth Texas and the brown FedEx box said 2lbs on the side. When I opened it, I had a nice white Bold box staring at me. everything was in there. battery, 2g sd card, sim card, manuals, charger, earbuds and backing. I'm so freaking excited! The trackpad is a little higher in the upper right hand corner, but works perfect. also has os .732 on it. Good luck to you all.
    a confirmed retail box from Fort Worth? T minus 56 minutes til I see mine!
    06-22-10 04:05 PM
    just recieved my new blackberry bold from fedex.
    It came brand new with a new battery, battery door, charger, headphones, swivel holster, the whole shebang.
    im not sure if its a refurb or not but its better than my old tour so no complaints here
    06-22-10 04:07 PM
    received mine from fort worth,TX. received a FRU bold, with NO camera. I called about it, and the guy said it has been happening a lot lately. He apologized and checked stock, NONE. no bolds with camera in stock at all, which means others prob got one without a camera. He told me he would send out a bold with camera once it comes into stock.

Also, he checked tours with camera. None were in stock at all... for those who care
    06-22-10 04:09 PM
    received mine from fort worth,TX. received a FRU bold, with NO camera. I called about it, and the guy said it has been happening a lot lately. He apologized and checked stock, NONE. no bolds with camera in stock at all, which means others prob got one without a camera. He told me he would send out a bold with camera once it comes into stock.

Also, he checked tours with camera. None were in stock at all... for those who care
    Can anyone else who received a Bold speak to this. Camera or no?
    06-22-10 04:21 PM
    a confirmed retail box from Fort Worth? T minus 56 minutes til I see mine!
    Yep, everything new in the box. It did have an FRU sticker on the box, but I believe it is brand new and they put that sticker on the box for warranty reasons.
    06-22-10 04:21 PM
    Mine is from Ft. Worth and yes it does have a camera.
    06-22-10 04:25 PM
    No camera here also and they said the camera bolds are out of stock and will be shipped out when they get some more I might just call sometime later to see if they got the stock in or not.
    06-22-10 04:38 PM
    just got my bold. brand NIB device with camera
    how do i post pictures?
    06-22-10 04:38 PM
    I received a camera.
    06-22-10 04:39 PM
    and it was shipped out of ontario, ca weighing 2lbs.
    Got home. Package was 2lb from PA. Full sealed retail box (though sticker has an FRU on it. Also has blue sticker with OS already up to .732.

Yay!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ive tried reading through this thread, but it is just soooooo long. Ayways, I legitimately had problems with my Tour and just got fed up and bought a Storm2. Now that I heard about this, I wanted to go through the process and see if I'd get a Bold or a Tour (happy either way but obviously want a Bold).

I went to my Verizon store and got a reciept saying I was getting a FRU9630 and then I called Verizon to verify what I was getting and they said Tour. I noticed my tracking is from Fort Worth, TX. I've heard some people say they were told they were getting a Tour but got a Bold. Does Fort Worth mean anything one way or the other?
    06-22-10 04:43 PM
    got mine today....FRU but with full retail package from Ontario, CA...package weight was 2 lbs
    06-22-10 04:47 PM
    mine just came, FRU full retail packaging from CA 2.9 lbs. i am switching over now
    06-22-10 04:56 PM
    ok just got off the phone with them... they had 951 tours in stock and no 9650's so im getting another 9630....yay me
    06-22-10 04:58 PM
    Mine just came, FRU full retail from Ontario Ca, blue dot
    06-22-10 05:08 PM
    mine is also a blue dot FRU but i'm happy. the trackpad is flat and sits flush with the other keys nearby. just glad to be rid of the trackball!!
    06-22-10 05:19 PM
    Am I supposed to put my "old" SIM card into the new phone (and take out what came in the bold)?

I activated fine. But when I go to the VZW BIS and choose change device, it says "cannot detect new phone".

What am I doing wrong?
    06-22-10 05:20 PM
    just got my bold. brand NIB device with camera
    how do i post pictures?
    If you have another bb take the picture and just email it to your yourself and download it to your computer (otherwise digital cam and then transfer to computer). Use an image hosting site: TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting or ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting
    06-22-10 05:23 PM
    My FRU has a manufactured date of 020610.. the day before the verizon release.. seems like a brand new device?
    06-22-10 05:24 PM
    Okay, so I got mine today and the trackpad is crooked, not flush with the escape (back) key. Would Verizon replace it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 05:30 PM

I activated fine. But when I go to the VZW BIS and choose change device, it says "cannot detect new phone".

What am I doing wrong?
    Go to the email setup on the phone, not via the website on your pc.
    06-22-10 05:32 PM
2,047 ... 5960616263 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD