09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 5859606162 ...
tools
    I just got mine! Mine came from Ontario, Canada and it said on Fed Ex's website that it was 2.0 lbs every day I checked it. It is a brand new device with FRU on the side of the box. But it has the plastic coverings on the phone and all the accessories are in the box and seem to be brand new. This phone is gorgeous and has a great feel. The trackpad seems to be tilted a little bit higher on the top left side, but nothing really noticeable at all and certainly doesn't affect the use of it at all.

So I hope that helps some of you who are still waiting for yours.

I do have a question on what and how to send my Tour back to Verizon. The new white Verizon Bold box came in a brown shipping box. Am I supposed to send the Tour back in the same brown box with only the device? Do I need to send it in the white Bold box first that it came in as well, and then put it all back into the brown box with the new label? The CS rep I talked to on the phone told me to only send the phone back without the battery and battery door. So just curious how to package this bad boy. Also, what is the best and fastest way to wipe my device clean? Any advice would be appreciated!

This phone is sweet! I hope you all get your Bolds soon. Verizon came correct!
    Ontario, Canada? I think you meant Ontario, California.
    06-22-10 01:09 PM
    4th attempt - got a bold
    06-22-10 01:11 PM
    My wife just emailed to say my phone arrived. Will be home in about 2 hours to check it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 01:20 PM
    I just got off the phone with a rep to clarify what was sent to me. She said unfortunately I got a Tour, BUT the stock that they got is still rapidly decreasing and they will most likely just phase out the tour from what she understood. Also, since this will be my 5th tour, she put a note in my account that the next time something goes wrong with the phone they will replace with a different model (namely the Bold). So this is from her, I don't know whether to believe it or not, but hopefully the track ball is bad again.. fingers crossed
    06-22-10 01:23 PM
    I just got mine from FedEx. I called on Friday around 11:00AM and it was shipped out of Ontario CA an hour later. I received a FRUBB 9650. It did come in the origional box with battery, charger, case, and manuals. Trackpad seems a little off but I am happy I have a working device.
    06-22-10 01:47 PM
    Package just came! It was a cardboard box with just the BOLD inside but the BOLD still has the original plastic covers on the screen and back battery door so I'm guessing it's new without the retail box? Either way, I'm happy!
    06-22-10 01:48 PM
    I just received my refurbished Bold in the mail from Ft. Worth. The trackpad is "slanted" or not on totally flush like other users have been reporting.
    06-22-10 01:50 PM
    did anyone call on sunday and receive their order today?
    06-22-10 01:51 PM
    Just checked with FedEx- 2lbs shipped from Memphis, TN 2-day service. Hopefully it's Bold time...
    thats a retal bold. thats where mine came from tn and i got it today. its a full retal pack. u will notice too its heavy cause of all the manuals and accessories. so ull know once u pick it up if its just a phone or a retal pack.
    06-22-10 01:52 PM
    just got my bold via fedex. it was only the phone w/ battery door and sim card in a small, plain brown box. but it looks brand spanking new. not a scratch on it and has the plastic covers on everything. did notice that it has .699 on it. so i guess when i activate i'll upgrade to .732. trackpad looks a wee bit crooked but i don't think i'll mind. fired up wifi and it worked great. can't wait to get home to activate it!
    06-22-10 01:53 PM
    100 pages? Wow
    06-22-10 02:01 PM
    i think im going to keep my batt door as a spare. i got the retal bold but the rep said to keep batt door and batt and send only phone back. im gona follow his instrucitons.

wat to u guys think?
    06-22-10 02:05 PM
    i think im going to keep my batt door as a spare. i got the retal bold but the rep said to keep batt door and batt and send only phone back. im gona follow his instrucitons.

wat to u guys think?
    im pretty sure you are going to be charged retail if they don't get the door from you LOL
    06-22-10 02:09 PM
    Bold via Fedex - full retail w/ blue label on box.

Software is .732.

I don't think I could have gotten a better phone even had I spent $500.

Although yes the trackpad is deeper on the right side - whatever.
    06-22-10 02:10 PM
    Has Anyone called today? Wondering if they are still in stock with Tours or if anyone was able to get the rep to send them a Bold when calling today?
    06-22-10 02:11 PM
    I would love to. But I am at a client where I am paid hourly. So the turn around time and loss of productivity would cost me greatly.

I'll just stay up late tonight. Get it activated, upgrade to .732 if not there already, deal with my 4 paid apps, and try and get my iTour theme installed. Then I'll worry about all my other stuff over the next couple of days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Fedex actually left a phone message yesterday and said a SIGNED NOTE could be left and they would leave the package. Any friend/neighbor available to, ahem, fudge the signature? Or a note could direct them to another nearby address for a signature - again, a neighbor?
    06-22-10 02:11 PM
    Thanks guys! She doesn't use a case, so should be okay on that.

If they send a new battery, I'm keeping her old one as a backup for my battery sucking Storm2! lol
    Maybe we need a battery discussion (yes, I'm sure that there are a few) because I thought these batteries have a great shelf life IF NOT charged but that once charged for use, they have a finite (albeit long) life besides the charge cycles?????? So maybe using the old battery would be better although I think my battery gets less time than it use to.
    06-22-10 02:16 PM
    yea i have 4 batteries. i alternate them not all the time but the oldest one works like my newest one.
    06-22-10 02:20 PM
    Do I activate the phone before or after the device switch wizard???
    I got an email yesterday with some links:

I was going to post them but I see they have my email address (and who know what else) in the LINKS

Oh, wait, going to the link that info is gone:

"[Set Up Activate Your Phone]
    Visit the Certified Like-New Replacement page which outlines easy steps to get started with your phone.
    You will learn how to:
    []
    Save information from your original phone
    []
    Activate your new Certified Like-New Replacement phone
    []
    Transfer information to your new phone
    [Get Started Now]
    IMPORTANT:
    To avoid being charged up to full retail price for your replacement phone, you must ship your defective phone
    to Verizon Wireless within 10 calendar days. "

How to Activate Your Certified Like-New Replacement Phone

email leads to a pdf file:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=HFTuiLJE
    06-22-10 02:23 PM
    Package just came! It was a cardboard box with just the BOLD inside but the BOLD still has the original plastic covers on the screen and back battery door so I'm guessing it's new without the retail box? Either way, I'm happy!
    All phones come with plastic sticker covers. Whether its new or an actual refurb. All it does it protect the phone. When a phone is refurbished, they take off the old case and slap on a new case.
    Has Anyone called today? Wondering if they are still in stock with Tours or if anyone was able to get the rep to send them a Bold when calling today?
    Read that last couple pages. Some are getting Bold and it seems majority are getting Tours. Dont be lazy
    06-22-10 02:24 PM
    For those unsure of what they are going to get: Inside the box that my new Bold came in was a FedEX return label. The address is in Fort Worth Texas. That is likely the depot for shipment and return of FRUs.
    06-22-10 02:27 PM
    Plain brown box FRUBB9650 with green dot from Ft. Worth, Texas for me. Shipping weight showed 3lbs on FedEx site and on box, but only received bare phone with new SIM card and battery door. It did not include a battery, memory card or any accessories. Complete FedEx box and contents weighed only 1lb. Phone shows manufacture date of June 4, 2010 (040610) inside battery compartment and certainly looks brand new in every way, inside and out with all clear film stickers in place and as well after removing them and closer inspection of everything. I left the free screen protector in place and trimmed the little tab at the lower right. Trackpad is ever so slightly tilted higher on the left and lower on the right, but functions perfectly. There is no question in my mind that this is a new phone, not a refurbished or rebuilt phone even though VZW technically describes it as a "Certified Like-New Replacement" phone. BTW, initial boot time was 2 minutes flat, I timed it on purpose just to see. Free memory out of box after boot-up was 314mb. OS v5.0.0.699 (Bundle 1196, Platform 4.2.0.321) pre-installed per label on box and verified in Options, About.
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 06-22-10 at 02:45 PM.
    06-22-10 02:30 PM
    For those who are interested....ordered mine on Friday afternoon & arrived today. Came from Ontario, CA and was 2.9lbs.

I got the full retail box with accessories. The box had a sticker on it indicating software version.732 was installed. The trackpad looks perfectly straight.

2 Questions...

-If I throw some bubble-wrap around the old phone and just send it back in the cardboard fedex box..that should work right? I'm going to keep the accessories and my old back door just in case.

-How long does it usually take for the Crackberry App store to approve a PIN change? This is my second one since November, and now I have to wait for an email confirmation for me to reregister my purchased apps.

Thanks.
    06-22-10 02:33 PM
    still wait for the fed ex truck...
    06-22-10 02:39 PM
    still waiting for mine also. tracking says it's still in rialto, ca :/
    06-22-10 02:42 PM
2,047 ... 5859606162 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD