09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 45678 ...
tools
    what other problems can you have.. so far i've had my phone since late jan and this is my 5th tour so far.. its been pretty good
    06-18-10 07:51 AM
    I'm wondering how many of these "refurbished" devices have actually been sent back and then gone through inspection to be classified as "certified-like new". The rep I spoke to last night said she hadn't received a SINGLE technical support call about the 9650, meaning that she has yet to replace a 9650. Of course that is just one rep, but it sounds like most of these devices being sent out are brand new.
    ROFL!!! Checkout the Verizon site, Smartphones, Cell Phones, Mobile Phones at Verizon Wireless and see why Verizon isn't replacing many Bold 9650s. It ain't listed. They don't sell it. OTOH Tour 9630 is still listed

Now checkout who sells the 9650, BlackBerry - Bold Where to Buy - Buy BlackBerry Bold 9650, 9700, 9000 - US & Canada - notice a well known cellco is not listed?
    06-18-10 08:13 AM
    ROFL!!! Checkout the Verizon site, Smartphones, Cell Phones, Mobile Phones at Verizon Wireless and see why Verizon isn't replacing many Bold 9650s. It ain't listed. They don't sell it. OTOH Tour 9630 is still listed

Now checkout who sells the 9650, BlackBerry - Bold Where to Buy - Buy BlackBerry Bold 9650, 9700, 9000 - US & Canada - notice a well known cellco is not listed?

um wrong!!!! verizon is too selling it!!! your not looking in the right spot......here look.......Enter your location
    06-18-10 08:19 AM
    I can confirm 3 people I know have been sent a 9650 in replace of their 9630's. So someone is doing exchanges.
    06-18-10 08:31 AM

Both models (cam & non-cam) are on verizonwireless.com when I check.
    06-18-10 08:33 AM
    Was having trackball issues with 3rd replacement Tour received in April. CS said no problem and RIM/Verizon know of all the current issues associated with the trackball and are moving away from those devices. He did initially indicate that I would be getting a replacement Tour, but that Verizon/RIM will no longer be offering trackball devices. Took my shipping address, asked me to hold and came back saying I would be getting a replacement Bold to be delivered on Monday.

Really impressed with how VZW is handling these customer service issues.
    06-18-10 08:47 AM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon 5 minutes ago, and there sending me a Bold and will have it Monday, replacing my Tour. SO YES THEY ARE REPLACING THEM
    06-18-10 08:52 AM
    I have a tour that I bought with my upgrade in november. I love my tour I only have the trackball problem sometimes. It doesn't scroll to the right or down. I usually just wipe it with an alcohol prep while at work at it works just fine after that. I will wait until something really goes wrong or my upgrade. I would like a new bold but my phone now is exactly the way I like it and I would hate to have to start all over with a new one. I just feel bad that the tour is being swept under the rug so quickly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 09:01 AM
    Getting the Bold too. Northeast called CS @ 4pm 6/17.
    06-18-10 09:13 AM

Have you been living on another planet? How about getting your facts straight before posting this obnoxious nonsense.
    06-18-10 09:16 AM
    Did any of you guys get an order confirmation email? I haven't gotten anything yet and the order number she gave me last night isn't showing up here.
    06-18-10 09:19 AM
    Did any of you guys get an order confirmation email? I haven't gotten anything yet and the order number she gave me last night isn't showing up here.
    I got a shipment confirmation email about 3 hours after getting off the phone. It's on the truck right now headed to the house.
    06-18-10 09:21 AM
    just called, im getting a bold also. thanks VZW
    06-18-10 09:25 AM
    It just ain't right to do it when there is nothing wrong with your phone except that you want a new one.
    Like anything these companies do to their customers is right. Maybe if they treated people with an ounce of respect people would think twice about ripping them off.
    06-18-10 09:28 AM
    anyone have experience with the sprint tours doing this?
    06-18-10 09:35 AM
    Will this work if I bought my 9630 off Amazon because they were offering a better deal? It's obviously still Verizon branded.
    06-18-10 09:38 AM
    i actually jumped on the Tour to Bold bandwagon today. my tour has been off my account for about a month thanks to the Droid Incredible. so, all i did was take an unused line and add my tour to it, called in about trackball issues, and bam, replacement.

i actually just got off the phone with them, they offered me either a Curve2, Storm2, or Bold. i took the bold because i have accessories for the tour i didnt want to have to rebuy, and from the looks of things, its one of the more solid BB's released yet
    06-18-10 09:44 AM
    I ordered my bold replacement due to track ball issues. Now the quetion to be answered is; will it be an older referb bold or the new one that was released last month? Doesn't matter to me really, just curious if anyone knows?
    06-18-10 09:59 AM
    So stupid question.....

If one calls and VZW offers to send a replacement Bold, or whatever, do they make you send yours in first, or dot hey ship right away and then you just send in afterwards?

Just curious from a "Device Switch/DM" perspective.......

Also, is the new phone sent "activated" with your #, thus inactivating your "old" one making you unable to make/receive calls until your new phone arrives?
    06-18-10 10:01 AM
    edit:doubled accidentally
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-18-10 at 10:14 AM.
    06-18-10 10:01 AM
    I ordered my bold replacement due to track ball issues. Now the quetion to be answered is; will it be an older referb bold or the new one that was released last month? Doesn't matter to me really, just curious if anyone knows?
    Mine is the new 9650 that was released last week

So stupid question.....

If one calls and VZW offers to send a replacement Bold, or whatever, do they make you send yours in first, or dot hey ship right away and then you just send in afterwards?

Also, is the new phone sent "activated" with your #, thus inactivating your "old" one making you unable to make/receive calls until your new phone arrives?
    You have 10 days to return the Tour from the day your replacement is delivered. You have to activate it when you receive it.
    06-18-10 10:03 AM
    So stupid question.....

They send the replacement phone first, then you have ten days to return your old phone prepaid FedEx. They send instructions on how to activate the replacement phone. You must keep and use your old battery, battery door cover, charger, holster and usb cable, etc. You must return just the old phone w/o battery & door cover and it must not have any physical (i.e., cracked screen) or water damage, otherwise they will charge your account up to $500. All of this is per VZW customer support/technical support rep at their 800# this morning.
    06-18-10 10:12 AM
    mine is the new 9650 that was released last week

sweeeeeet! maybe I will be as lucky!
    06-18-10 10:14 AM

You have 10 days to return the Tour from the day your replacement is delivered. You have to activate it when you receive it.
    Thanks. One last question......

I have been religious about doing a data backup and also doing a 3rd party app backup (using the DSW method) every week. But I have never done an OS upgrade or full restore before.....

When you do a device switch wizard thing, does it do a full backup including apps, or just data?

Do I have to do a DSW or can I activate the new phone and just do a restore from my ipd file and apps backup?

Just curious........
    06-18-10 10:15 AM
    Thanks. One last question......

I have been religious about doing a data backup and also doing a 3rd party app backup (using the DSW method) every week. But I have never done an OS upgrade or full restore before.....

When you do a device switch wizard thing, does it do a full backup including apps, or just data?

Do I have to do a DSW or can I activate the new phone and just do a restore from my ipd file and apps backup?

Just curious........
    I don't remember if DSW moves 3rd party apps, it moves data for sure. I haven't done DSW in over a year. I restore data from the ipd, and just reinstall my apps one by one.

Activate your Bold phone and then do the DSW. If your apps make it, then you're golden. If they don't, then you know how you'll be spending your evening

PM with questions and I'll do my best to help you.
    06-18-10 10:21 AM
2,047 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD