09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    I think people want to know. Share your story after your phone gets delivered. Try and resist the temptation in posting half of this before your phone gets delivered. I know we're all excited too Mine comes today.

Calling Experience: (How many times did you call? How was the representative?)
    Time Called: (What was the time and date you called to get an ordered placed?)
    Issue Claimed: (What was wrong with your phone? Trackball, freezing up, random shutdowns, audio jack?)
    Model Promised: (What did they tell you were going to get? Bold, Tour, unspecified replacement phone?)

Package Origin: (Where did your package ship from?)
    Package Weight: (What was the weight? Any changes in weight?)

Time Delivered: (What was the time and date your package was delivered?)
    Model Recieved: (What phone did you recieve?)
    Condition: (What was the condition? Refurbished? New retail box? Any crooked trackpad?)
    OS Loaded: (What operating system was loaded on it?)
    Return Shipment: (What do you plan on sending back? Just the phone? All accessories? Nothing?)

Additional Info: (Anything else you'd like to share)
    06-22-10 12:10 PM
    My buddy called yesterday cuz he was having trackball issues with his Tour, VZW told him they are sending him another Tour, and that they don't send out devices other than the same model they are replacing, or something similar. He also said the VZW person he spoke with said they haven't had many issues with the Tour... Oh well, what can you do...
    Well, I asked specifically what device they were sending me and she said they were sending a 9650. If they send me a Tour (which they have the right to do) I'll simply send it back- it's just not worth the hassle to change devices, replace Invisible Shield, etc only to have the same crappy trackball issue occur again. I'm on my third device and all have had the trackball issue to varying degrees. This one has been the best but still is awful compared to the Curve I upgraded from.
    06-22-10 12:11 PM
    Wow, I must have horrible luck. I placed the call to Customer Service on Friday morning at around 10am and was sent a shipment from Texas (1lb shipping weight). I came home during lunch to get the package and low and behold I got an FRU *TOUR* (not bold!). Somehow they managed to find a Tour and send it to me.

Oh well, lets see how long this trackball lasts.
    06-22-10 12:11 PM
    Most of your posts are just negativity and useless remarks.
    That's a great assumption. Good for you.
    06-22-10 12:15 PM
    What if I purchased the phone from someone else, they ask if you purchased from verizon store. Can they tell? They told me I would have to make a claim from asurion. What to do? I figured if everyone else was doing this why shouldnt I.
    06-22-10 12:19 PM
    ordered friday morning and just got delivered, came in brown box from texas and my trackpad is perfect
    06-22-10 12:21 PM
    What if I purchased the phone from someone else, they ask if you purchased from verizon store. Can they tell? They told me I would have to make a claim from asurion. What to do? I figured if everyone else was doing this why shouldnt I.
    They know whether or not you got the phone from them.
    06-22-10 12:21 PM
    Insurance only stays on the phone you purchased from VZW. If it was bought from another person the insurance is Null and void.
    06-22-10 12:23 PM
    I just got mine! Mine came from Ontario, Canada and it said on Fed Ex's website that it was 2.0 lbs every day I checked it. It is a brand new device with FRU on the side of the box. But it has the plastic coverings on the phone and all the accessories are in the box and seem to be brand new. This phone is gorgeous and has a great feel. The trackpad seems to be tilted a little bit higher on the top left side, but nothing really noticeable at all and certainly doesn't affect the use of it at all.

So I hope that helps some of you who are still waiting for yours.

I do have a question on what and how to send my Tour back to Verizon. The new white Verizon Bold box came in a brown shipping box. Am I supposed to send the Tour back in the same brown box with only the device? Do I need to send it in the white Bold box first that it came in as well, and then put it all back into the brown box with the new label? The CS rep I talked to on the phone told me to only send the phone back without the battery and battery door. So just curious how to package this bad boy. Also, what is the best and fastest way to wipe my device clean? Any advice would be appreciated!

This phone is sweet! I hope you all get your Bolds soon. Verizon came correct!
    06-22-10 12:24 PM
    sorry to change the subject a bit but I have an 8330 do anyone know if i stand a chance of getting a bold as a replacement or cheap if im having some trackball issues and some random resets?
    06-22-10 12:24 PM
    Has anyone called verizon and complained about the trackpad? If anyone has what was the outcome?
    Called a few days ago and asked if it was a normal design of the phone or a physical defect. The rep couldn't really help me out because he hadn't seen the phone in person or received any calls on this issue yet. He told me to visit a store and have one of their technicians look at it to determine if it is a defect.
    06-22-10 12:28 PM
    sorry to change the subject a bit but I have an 8330 do anyone know if i stand a chance of getting a bold as a replacement or cheap if im having some trackball issues and some random resets?
    you could try, but they'll probably just give you another 8330 or an updated curve. they're just doing it for the tours because the bold is basically the same thing with a trackpad.
    06-22-10 12:29 PM
    You would get another Curve or possibly a Curve 2, if the Curve was not in stock. The reason everyone is getting the Bold is because inventory of the Tour suddenly became non-existent.
    06-22-10 12:29 PM
    Not a chance. They usually fix the trackballs in the curves. If they do replace the phone you would get a curve. Not a tour or bold.
    06-22-10 12:30 PM
    Got my Bold about 5 min. ago, this also confirms that new units come from Ca.

Found a couple surprises:

Yeah.. that's an extra battery and charger
    That's awesome. What was the weight of your package?
    06-22-10 12:31 PM
    Yeah they can tell Noodle, it's not under warranty.
    06-22-10 12:33 PM
    I called last night at 8 and got a Tour (see above). I called this morning (7AM, Delaware) and inquired about the shipping number, specifically what unit I would be receiving. He said it would have to be the Bold because they are out of Tours, so I asked him to check my order. Sure enough it said I'd be getting a FRU 9630 Tour. He said they must have gotten a shipment last night. I asked him to check the current supply of FRU Tours and after about 2 minutes he said they were out and would be sending Bolds again. Couldn't get him to change my order though. Time to cancel this one because I "fixed" the problem by downgrading software and then call right back to complain. If you didn't have luck yesterday give it a try now. It couldn't hurt.

EDIT: 7:45
    I just called to cancel my order and the woman said once an order has been sent it can't be cancelled (seems strange). I have to wait until Wednesday to refuse the package and ask FedEX to return to sender. Long wait til Wednesday (or later) to try again. if you had trouble getting the Bold yesterday but didn't place an order give it a try now. The worst you can do is hang up on them.
    If you called and were told that you would be receiving a FRU Tour (see above, thats me), all hope is not lost! I just got a call from my wife saying that FedEx delivered a package for me (a full day early I might add). I asked her to see if it had the trackball and.... I got a Bold!!!! It is came in a brown cardboard box so its definitely a FRU but the trackpad is squared away nicely according to the wife sooooo I'm thrilled!! I'll add my pics when I get home.
    06-22-10 12:34 PM
    I would just hate to say I bought it from them and they are looking right there and can see if was not purchased near my state. I was hoping for the bold, and think even if I do the claim for 90 I will get a tour back. Damn
    Thanks for the response everyone, I figured since I didn't have a tour i didn't have a chance at a free bold but wanted to ask everyone's opinion. Thanks again
    06-22-10 12:35 PM
    If you are sending the 9630 back. Keep the Bold box, etc... Use the Fed Ex box it was sent in. Put the Tour in the box and put the return label they sent you on the box. Drop it off in a drop box or a fed ex pick up
    06-22-10 12:36 PM
    Actually I bought my Tour from Amazon, not Verizon. And when I called, they never asked or said that I wasn't able to do this because my phone came from a 3rd party site. It was Verizon branded, that's probably all that matters. I just got my Bold and I am sending my Tour back just as they asked me to. So good luck to you! This phone is similar to the Tour, but it just seems put together so much better!
    06-22-10 12:37 PM
    If you are sending the 9630 back. Keep the Bold box, etc... Use the Fed Ex box it was sent in. Put the Tour in the box and put the return label they sent you on the box. Drop it off in a drop box or a fed ex pick up
    Agreed... I actually still have my tour box, so I put the phone in that... I want to keep the bold box with the sticker on it for this phone. (got the full retail package)
    06-22-10 12:46 PM
    just got my refurb 9630 not cool
    06-22-10 12:49 PM
    Well, I asked specifically what device they were sending me and she said they were sending a 9650. If they send me a Tour (which they have the right to do) I'll simply send it back- it's just not worth the hassle to change devices, replace Invisible Shield, etc only to have the same crappy trackball issue occur again. I'm on my third device and all have had the trackball issue to varying degrees. This one has been the best but still is awful compared to the Curve I upgraded from.
    Just checked with FedEx- 2lbs shipped from Memphis, TN 2-day service. Hopefully it's Bold time...
    06-22-10 12:59 PM
2,047 ... 5758596061 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD