09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 5556575859 ...
tools
    Same battery and accessories (except some cases may not line up with USB port exactly).
    Both the Tour battery and the battery door are 100% compatible with the Bold 9650
    Thanks guys! She doesn't use a case, so should be okay on that.

For those getting a new battery, are you using that, or storing it and continuing to use your "old" one as your primary?
    If they send a new battery, I'm keeping her old one as a backup for my battery sucking Storm2! lol
    06-22-10 10:24 AM
    For those getting a new battery, are you using that, or storing it and continuing to use your "old" one as your primary?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm using the new battery. Going to switch back to the old one.
    I'm using the new battery that shipped with the Bold, and keeping the one from a Tour as a backup for now. I figured the new battery had to be charged anyway, so I might as well just use that.
    Like any new battery from a device, its not fully charged.
    I'm going to put my new battery in and see if it's better. If it's not it's back to my old battery.
    Both batteries are the same between the Tour and Bold. There is no difference.
    06-22-10 10:25 AM
    Is there really any difference between refurb and new other than the device has seen the light of day in the hand of someone other than myself? Don't want to rehash that topic if it's been covered, but I'm too ADHD to read thru 93 pages on this thread. Thx.
    There might not be an actual huge difference in the phone itself other than you mentally knowing ones new and the other is refurbished but the new in box ones give you a free battery and charger.

I would use the new one and use the old one as an emergency backup since the new one is fresh and would be used more consistently since batteries tend to drain in life over time.
    06-22-10 10:26 AM
    Like two in the afternoon on Friday. Got my confirmation around 6pm Friday. My box got from PA to Newark NJ in about 7 hours (Sat. morning), then stayed in Newark long enough to qualify for residency before finally moving again this morning .
    Same here. Apparently FedEx does not **** around. You pay for 2-day shipping, you get 2-day shipping, even if your **** sits in Newark for a day.
    06-22-10 10:26 AM
    Called: Friday 6/18 8:30pm
    Shipped: Saturday 6/19
    Shipped from: Ft. Worth, TX
    Shipping weight: 1lb
    Arrived: 6/22 10am

Certified Like New Tour 9630 shipped with .591 on it

boooooooooooo
    I'm in Bergen Co and They're shipping a Bold. It's coming in from West Chester, PA @ 2lbs. Called Friday ~7:30pm. Should be here tomorrow.
    06-22-10 10:27 AM
    I thought of that like 6 hours after it was ordered. Called Verizon back and they said it was too late. Oh well. I don't have Desktop Manager at work anyways.

Wait a minute...am I reading correctly? You got the retail box with the phone and battery and charger AND then an additional battery and charger? 1 new phone, 2 chargers, and 2 batteries??? Amazing...

So excited...
    So I have something to look forward to. Mine is 2lbs out of Ontario also.

06-22-10 10:28 AM
    So I have something to look forward to. Mine is 2lbs out of Ontario also.

Be prepared for a full retail packaged Bold!
    06-22-10 10:30 AM
    you might want to change the "Device Model" you have then (currently listing 9630) which is most likely the reason most people on here think you are hating on new 9650 owners.

me personally...I think you most likely work for VzW or an affiliate...in someway, shape or form. and that is why you feel the need to rip people the way you do...as in your crass reply of "no one cares what you think" or telling others their opinions are "worthless"

if you do happen to work for VzW or an affiliate...i can see where you are coming from, however you dont come across to nicely about things.

NOTE: just my observation...no need to make some off-color remark about me and how unhelpful i am bc of the fact that my reg date is september 2008.
    Hey it's okay I like you.
    06-22-10 10:31 AM
    just got my new bold today. it brand new in retal box. with all the usuals in it. plugged it in to charge and back to sleep for a bit. im geeked!

and the thing about the battery. i have 3 batterys (the new one makes 4) 2 are from the last storm and are still working, alternate them up. thats what works for me.
    06-22-10 10:33 AM
    Called: Friday 6/18 8:30pm
    Shipped: Saturday 6/19
    Shipped from: Ft. Worth, TX
    Shipping weight: 1lb
    Arrived: 6/22 10am

Certified Like New Tour 9630 shipped with .591 on it

boooooooooooo
    That sucks and I think that's exactly what I'm getting as well. My package is listed as the same weight, shipped from the same place. I called yesterday.
    06-22-10 10:37 AM
    Has anyone called verizon and complained about the trackpad? If anyone has what was the outcome?
    I'm interested in this as well.
    06-22-10 10:38 AM
    Do I activate the phone before or after the device switch wizard???
    06-22-10 10:38 AM
    Just wanted to add that I got my Bold this morning!
    It came from PA, in the retail box. But the Fed Ex tracking said it was 3lb.
    If your tracking page says 3lb, then I think its safe to say that after reading every post in this thread, that you have a 50-50 chance of avoiding that 'drop' to 1lb and getting a retail box.
    06-22-10 10:41 AM
    My phone was shipped from Ft. Worth and is 1 lb.

I am not worried that it is a Tour, seeing that yesterday morning I called to get my tracking # and the CSR said that I would be receiving the Bold, and that it is "an awesome phone".

I could care less whether or not I will be getting a brand new or refurbished unit, I am just happy to be upgrading without signing a new 2 yr. contract.
    06-22-10 10:43 AM
    Either or. Doesn't matter.
    06-22-10 10:44 AM
    My Bold arrives tomorrow from Memphis. My Tour was unlocked, but I here that the warranty is still valid as it's a CDMA phone. Does anyone have any idea about what unlocking a Tour does to the warranty?
    06-22-10 10:46 AM
    Same here. Apparently FedEx does not f%ck around. You pay for 2-day shipping, you get 2-day shipping, even if your $h!t sits in Newark for a day.
    Same here. Mine was in Newark at 5pm on sat, and it just sat there until 4am this morning. I could have driven 30 minutes and picked it up.
    06-22-10 10:49 AM
    Either or. Doesn't matter.
    Thanks. In progress...
    06-22-10 10:52 AM
    so my Bold is on the way from Ft. Worth. It is half way to NY sitting in Memphis, TN. It is still saying 3lbs. Hopefully its new in box but either way I'll be happy!!
    06-22-10 10:56 AM
    Mine just came in and I'm so excited!
    Backed everything up- restoring now.... can't wait.
    I think I may do a Starbucks lunch and play with my new phone!

*Non bb owners just don't get the excitement...
    06-22-10 10:57 AM
    This sucks, Mine is already in my city, but the delivery date is for the 23rd, I am off today so I am really hoping that would it be here today, the rep that took my call said that it would be here Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. I thinking its the latter of the two. I keep checking the tracking number to see if its on the truck but I don't think it is, it got into town at 5am this morning.
    06-22-10 11:02 AM
    From my previous experiences, I find it better to activate it first then do the device switch. I think because after you activate it, it becomes under the Verizon data flow and all the apps and other such get pushed to your phone so the transition goes smoother.

I don't know how valid of an explanation that is but I had an easier time transitioning everything to exactly the way it was when I activated first and switched after....but that's just me.
    06-22-10 11:03 AM
    so my Bold is on the way from Ft. Worth. It is half way to NY sitting in Memphis, TN. It is still saying 3lbs. Hopefully its new in box but either way I'll be happy!!
    Weird.. mine was picked up from Ft. Worth on Friday and has said 1 lb. since then...

Will receive mine later this afternoon as Fed ex makes it to my office around 3 pm.
    That sucks and I think that's exactly what I'm getting as well. My package is listed as the same weight, shipped from the same place. I called yesterday.
    Same here. Called yesterday and received a Tour about an hour ago. It came from Fort Worth and was 1lb. That's crazy how they are "OOS" depending who/where you call
    LOL just checked the tracking number, its on the truck, OMG im like a little kid at Christmas time, I just got off work at 6am, I am not going to bed, to excited.
    06-22-10 11:06 AM
2,047 ... 5556575859 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD