09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 5455565758 ...
tools
    I don't care that you think that my opinion is worthless because I have the right to say it. People continue to "insult" you because they still read your posts and still read you as coming off as a pompous *******. I am also glad that you feel need to come on here and throw in your "worthless" opinion on here when you do have an INCREDIBLE. I am not "raging," but merely stating my opinion which I have the right to state in the United States of America. So if you would kindly shut up and exit the thread, it would be much obliged.
    This is like watching an episode of Jerry Springer, minus the nudity and beads.
    06-22-10 10:48 AM
    Hmm.. Straight and flushed
    Thanks. While mine is now straight (easily twisted into a straight position), it's lean to the right continues to irk me.
    06-22-10 10:48 AM
    That's why I shipped it to work
    I thought of that like 6 hours after it was ordered. Called Verizon back and they said it was too late. Oh well. I don't have Desktop Manager at work anyways.

Got my Bold about 5 min. ago, this also confirms that new units come from Ca.

Found a couple surprises:

Yeah.. that's an extra battery and charger
    Wait a minute...am I reading correctly? You got the retail box with the phone and battery and charger AND then an additional battery and charger? 1 new phone, 2 chargers, and 2 batteries??? Amazing...

Weight: 2.0 lbs/.9 kg
    Jun 18, 2010 6:00 AM Picked up at ONTARIO, CA
    Jun 22, 2010 7:38 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    So excited...
    Last edited by Kevin9664; 06-22-10 at 10:57 AM.
    06-22-10 10:49 AM
    Wait a minute...am I reading correctly? You got the retail box with the phone and battery and charger AND then an additional battery and charger? 1 new phone, 2 chargers, and 2 batteries???
    I was just about to post the same exact thing. Now THAT is interesting. Did you tell them you had any accessories with your device?
    Last edited by ChrisKerrigan; 06-22-10 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Deleting sentence
    06-22-10 10:52 AM
    I'm excited for you guys too!
    06-22-10 11:01 AM
    This is like watching an episode of Jerry Springer, minus the nudity and beads.
    If the people on Jerry Springer used correct grammar and used words not fists.
    06-22-10 11:01 AM
    My wife has been having issues with her trackball for a while now: sticks, hard to get it to actually scroll around. Thought the new OS update might fix it (as the updates sometimes fixed my Storm2 issues), but still no dice. She finally called yesterday evening, tech said "yep, that's a common issue, I'll send you a replacement." Few moments later he asked if a Bold would be alright because it has a trackpad so it won't have the same problems. Her response was "is that a down grade? I just want the same phone that works." I came running from the other room to tell her it was fine, and the tech told her they didn't have any more Tours and the Bold was actually an updated version of the Tour. So Bold is on the way.

I see this thread has a lot of traffic, so it must be pretty common. Now I just need to find out if it takes the same battery as the Tour, because my mom's ATT 9700 Bold has a weird one. A new in box with everything would be a nice surprise, but I'm not holding my breath.
    06-22-10 11:03 AM
    Fed ex just came. Shipped from PA. 2lbs. Full retail box.
    06-22-10 11:06 AM
    My wife has been having issues with her trackball for a while now: sticks, hard to get it to actually scroll around. Thought the new OS update might fix it (as the updates sometimes fixed my Storm2 issues), but still no dice. She finally called yesterday evening, tech said "yep, that's a common issue, I'll send you a replacement." Few moments later he asked if a Bold would be alright because it has a trackpad so it won't have the same problems. Her response was "is that a down grade? I just want the same phone that works." I came running from the other room to tell her it was fine, and the tech told her they didn't have any more Tours and the Bold was actually an updated version of the Tour. So Bold is on the way.

I see this thread has a lot of traffic, so it must be pretty common. Now I just need to find out if it takes the same battery as the Tour, because my mom's ATT 9700 Bold has a weird one. A new in box with everything would be a nice surprise, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Same battery and accessories (except some cases may not line up with USB port exactly).
    06-22-10 11:07 AM

Both the Tour battery and the battery door are 100% compatible with the Bold 9650
    06-22-10 11:07 AM
    Also my trackpad is very crooked. I think i will deal with it. Maybe I can bring it to verizon and see if they can help me.
    06-22-10 11:08 AM
    Fed ex just came. Shipped from PA. 2lbs. Full retail box.
    Mine is out for delivery...shipped from PA...2 lbs. This is good news...
    06-22-10 11:09 AM
    Also my trackpad is very crooked. I think i will deal with it. Maybe I can bring it to verizon and see if they can help me.
    This on the other hand, is not good news...
    06-22-10 11:10 AM
    Wait did I just hear you sniffle and cough? I think you might be sick, best tell the boss to send you home early jlb!
    I would love to. But I am at a client where I am paid hourly. So the turn around time and loss of productivity would cost me greatly.

I'll just stay up late tonight. Get it activated, upgrade to .732 if not there already, deal with my 4 paid apps, and try and get my iTour theme installed. Then I'll worry about all my other stuff over the next couple of days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 11:10 AM
    Mine is out for delivery...shipped from PA...2 lbs. This is good news...
    When did you place your call?
    06-22-10 11:11 AM
    Just got off the phone with VZW customer service. She was very helpful and replaced my Tour with the 9650. Usual reason- trackball works poorly left to right. She told me my unit would be shipped via FedEx and they would send it wherever I would be on that day (I travel for work) and it should arrive this Thursday.

When asked if the 9650 would be new, she could not say if it would be a refurb or new-in-box but said that since it was a new device it would likely be new...let's hope that's the case.

Is there really any difference between refurb and new other than the device has seen the light of day in the hand of someone other than myself? Don't want to rehash that topic if it's been covered, but I'm too ADHD to read thru 93 pages on this thread. Thx.
    Last edited by Heckler; 06-22-10 at 11:14 AM. Reason: for clairty of message
    06-22-10 11:13 AM
    For those getting a new battery, are you using that, or storing it and continuing to use your "old" one as your primary?

06-22-10 11:14 AM
    For those getting a new battery, are you using that, or storing it and continuing to use your "old" one as your primary?

I'm using the new battery that shipped with the Bold, and keeping the one from a Tour as a backup for now. I figured the new battery had to be charged anyway, so I might as well just use that.
    06-22-10 11:16 AM
    Called: Friday 6/18 8:30pm
    Shipped: Saturday 6/19
    Shipped from: Ft. Worth, TX
    Shipping weight: 1lb
    Arrived: 6/22 10am

Certified Like New Tour 9630 shipped with .591 on it

boooooooooooo
    Last edited by RedBank; 06-22-10 at 11:21 AM.
    06-22-10 11:17 AM
    Called: Friday 6/18 8:30pm
    Shipped: Saturday 6/19
    Shipped from: Ft. Worth, TX
    Shipping weight: 1lb
    Arrived: 6/22 10am

Certified Like New Tour 9630

boooooooooooo
    Weird, I'm in ocean county and I called friday as well. Mine came from CA.
    06-22-10 11:18 AM

I'm going to put my new battery in and see if it's better. If it's not it's back to my old battery.
    Just got off the phone with VZW customer service. She was very helpful and replaced my Tour with the 9650. Usual reason- trackball works poorly left to right. She told me my unit would be shipped via FedEx and they would send it wherever I would be on that day (I travel for work) and it should arrive this Thursday.

When asked if the 9650 would be new, she could not say if it would be a refurb or new-in-box but said that since it was a new device it would likely be new...let's hope that's the case.

Is there really any difference between refurb and new other than the device has seen the light of day in the hand of someone other than myself? Don't want to rehash that topic if it's been covered, but I'm too ADHD to read thru 93 pages on this thread. Thx.
    Did they say they were out of stock of the tour? When I called this morning the rep said they would send a tour unless they ran out of stock... so I don't know what I'll be getting.

It's a shame too because I've been having problems with my trackball for a long time.
    When did you place your call?
    Like two in the afternoon on Friday. Got my confirmation around 6pm Friday. My box got from PA to Newark NJ in about 7 hours (Sat. morning), then stayed in Newark long enough to qualify for residency before finally moving again this morning .
    Has anyone called verizon and complained about the trackpad? If anyone has what was the outcome?
    06-22-10 11:20 AM
    WooHoo!!!! It just came!!!!

New in sealed box w/ case, charger, cables.

Software .732, and the trackpad looks fine.

For those keeping track, it was a 2lb. box from West Chester PA.
    06-22-10 11:21 AM
2,047 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD