09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    Has anyone received a full retail box from fort worth?

I expect mine here today, I had 2 defective tours and both of my packages say 3 pounds and have no changed to 1 pound.
    Everyone here who said theirs was shipped from Fort Worth and especially those who said their package weight was 1lb and not 2lbs got only the phone. People in the forum have been saying that the place in Fort Worth is like one of the refurbishing facilities so you're going to get a FRU phone but congratulations on your new Bold.

The people who got theirs from CA and PA and have a shipping weight of 2.0lbs have been reporting to get NIB Bolds.
    06-22-10 08:13 AM
    So I just got the shipping information.. mines is getting overnighted by UPS and should be here my 10am-12pm

So the phone is rated at 2.70 lbs so I'm getting a new phone

I'm going to take a gamble an not send back my tour... will post if I get charged or not
    you will definitely get charged unfortunately...tried to do this about 3 months ago and they charged the full $589 for what was actually a refurbished phone...i wouldnt mess around with this...they called day after day to tell me that they were charging me if I didnt return the old phone...it was a huuuuge hassle to get them to credit the account (they still charge you the $589 no matter what, but credit the account after they get the phone back) with the money they charged...the reps were absolute fools and even after the phone had been back in the warehouse for weeks they called saying they were canceling my plan because I owed them $589
    06-22-10 08:14 AM
    Just got my shipment notification this morning for a 1 pound package shipping out of Fort Worth, TX. Since the VZW never mentioned a Bold and I didn't ask, I'm still thinking I'm getting a refurb Tour.
    06-22-10 08:17 AM
    the shipping weight from fort worth still is 3 pounds. on the truck for delievery. weird.
    06-22-10 08:24 AM
    the shipping weight from fort worth still is 3 pounds. on the truck for delievery. weird.
    Same here, 3lbs. from Fort Worth, TX, on the truck for delivery. I called them Friday around noontime here on the east coast. My father called them around 9pm Saturday night and he got his Bold yesterday! His came in a little brown box with just the phone. Unfortunately, he never got a tracking number, so I can't say how much the packaged weighed on the tracking info. Has anybody gotten a NIB from Fort Worth, TX?
    06-22-10 08:34 AM
    I know the refurb location is in Fort Worth. Is this a refurb center for verizon, or for RIM? I still stand my thought that some phones got packaged as FRU straight out of the factory. 2 weeks is a record pace for a phone to be sold, classified as defective, shipped back, inspected, repaired, tested, repackaged, and ready for shipment.
    06-22-10 08:48 AM
    Just got my shipment out of Ft. Worth.........FRU w/ back, no battery or accessories with .699 software.

GF got hers yesterday out of Ontario, CA.........came with .732 and all of the accessories.

I already have 3 of every accessory so I'm still very happy........updating OS now before transferring via DM.
    06-22-10 08:50 AM
    On the truck out for delivery. Unfortunately, I am 6 hours from leaving work.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 08:52 AM
    Mines still 3lb coming from Fort Worth....So i'm hoping its the whole deal..
    06-22-10 08:52 AM
    Just checked the tracking on my bold, its in my city at the sorting facility.
    06-22-10 08:58 AM
    Got my Bold about 5 min. ago, this also confirms that new units come from Ca.

Found a couple surprises:

Yeah.. that's an extra battery and charger
    06-22-10 09:02 AM
    Wow, this experience just reaffirms why I left AT&T and came home to Verizon (besides the fact that AT&T service sucks in the Washington DC area).

Called on Saturday and reported trackball issues with my Tour. C/S agent was very nice. He walked me through the process of cleaning the ball (as if I didn't know how to). When I told him that didn't work, he check to make sure my phone was still under warranty, and told me he'd order a replacement. He then gave the spiel - we actually don't have any tours in stock, so for this phone only we will send you a "newer version of the tour, the blackberry bold." I played along (oh wow, how is it different? etc.)

BRAND NEW bold came today, sealed in orginal packaging and with all accessories - charger, ear phones, holster, battery, software, etc. Just saved myself a $200 upgrade, which I wouldn't have been elegible for until next October.
    06-22-10 09:03 AM
    I was one of the unfortunate ones that called Friday at 8PM EST and have a refurbished Tour coming tomorrow. I am hoping that something happened and there is a Bold in that box. Has anyone been told they would receive a FRU Tour and actually gotten a Bold?
    Last edited by tturner23; 06-22-10 at 09:10 AM.
    06-22-10 09:07 AM
    2 lbs mean you're getting a Tour and not a Bold.

In all seriousness though, no consensus yet, but seems most are saying 2 lbs will end up being retail box. No verification yet, so let us know what you get!
    I don't know about that. Mine is 2lbs coming out of Ontario, CA. It was confirmed twice that I was getting a Bold by the rep. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm expecting mine today. I'll post pics.
    06-22-10 09:08 AM
    I was one of the unfortunate ones that called Friday at 8PM EST and have a refurbished Tour coming tomorrow. I am hoping that something happened and there is a Bold in that box.

I called yesterday morning and I'm expecting a Bold
    06-22-10 09:09 AM
    On the truck out for delivery. Unfortunately, I am 6 hours from leaving work.....

That's why I shipped it to work
    06-22-10 09:12 AM

It came with aftermarket accessories? Interesting. What about your trackpad? Is it straight (parallel to the device) and not slanted (high on left, low on right).
    06-22-10 09:12 AM

Wait did I just hear you sniffle and cough? I think you might be sick, best tell the boss to send you home early jlb!
    06-22-10 09:16 AM
    That's why I shipped it to work
    in hindsight, I should have thought of this..
    06-22-10 09:22 AM
    It came with aftermarket accessories? Interesting. What about your trackpad? Is it straight (parallel to the device) and not slanted (high on left, low on right).
    Hmm.. Straight and flushed
    06-22-10 09:24 AM
    Those are not aftermarket accessories. They are OEM in VZ packaging.
    06-22-10 09:26 AM

Sweet Jesus, I would buy a gallon of Ben & Jerry's if they sent me a brand new Bold with an extra battery and extra charger, all for free. And I don't even eat ice cream!
    06-22-10 09:27 AM
    Sweet Jesus, I would buy a gallon of Ben & Jerry's if they sent me a brand new Bold with an extra battery and extra charger, all for free. And I don't even eat ice cream!
    Then why would you do that?
    06-22-10 09:30 AM
    I'm glad that you decided to throw in your worthless opinion on this thread. Again, I have an INCREDIBLE. I do not NEED a fru tour, I'm not angry, I'm not bitter. I was wrong regarding an issue, and I apologized and people still continued to insult me. Yes, I asked for a pic with a receipt because people lie all the time and lies are how misinformation gets taken as fact (like how the BB data plan is not "really" unlimited.. its 5gb).

So please, quit your ragefest, no one cares what you think.
    I don't care that you think that my opinion is worthless because I have the right to say it. People continue to "insult" you because they still read your posts and still read you as coming off as a pompous *******. I am also glad that you feel need to come on here and throw in your "worthless" opinion on here when you do have an INCREDIBLE. I am not "raging," but merely stating my opinion which I have the right to state in the United States of America. So if you would kindly shut up and exit the thread, it would be much obliged.
    06-22-10 09:31 AM
    I go through Ben & Jerrys like I go through gas in the Camaro

lmao

So guys what OS to put on the Bold... I want to do a fresh start
    06-22-10 09:35 AM
2,047 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD