09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    We're talking about for the people like myself who got a brand new retail bold in a sealed box with all accessories.
    Right, it's still the same thing no matter what.
    06-21-10 11:38 PM
    Right, it's still the same thing no matter what.
    Yes everything should still be the same as far as what you have to return. Verizon ONLY wants the actual device in return, NOTHING else. You can keep the battery, the door, micro SD card, and all the accessories. Plain and simple.
    06-21-10 11:41 PM
    On the topic of getting charged by not returning your old phone....I'm just curious. What if one were to send an old Curve 8330 back to them instead of their Tour? Do they check or know what phone is supposed to be in the box or just that they got a returned phone with their Fedex label?
    06-22-10 12:05 AM
    I'm on my fourth Tour since September. Trackball issues and odd powering off since official .732 released. Worked with support on friday and was told I'd be getting a replacement. Nothing was mentioned about a Bold. I called back saturday to see what was u after reading this thread. They confirmed a Tour. The support guy was surprised because as he knew it, they were sending Bolds. My confirmation email doesn't mention the device, only that its 1 lb coming from Ft Worth. Would I be save in assuming it is a Tour?
    06-22-10 12:07 AM
    No offense, but are you just angry gotblackberry that you got a FRU or you didn't get a bold? You seem to have a lot of anger and a need to try and disappoint people. To tell you the truth I think you just need to step away from the thread because you are just making yourself look like a complete and utter jackass.
    06-22-10 12:16 AM
    On the topic of getting charged by not returning your old phone....I'm just curious. What if one were to send an old Curve 8330 back to them instead of their Tour? Do they check or know what phone is supposed to be in the box or just that they got a returned phone with their Fedex label?
    Wow, you're dumb. Try it and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 12:28 AM
    Are you really asking this in a public forum?

Are you one of the guys that developed a problem all of a sudden just to get a free upgrade to a Bold?

This is really douchebaggery at its finest.
    06-22-10 12:29 AM
    Received my 9650 today. Figured I'd share for all your reference. Ordered Friday after 5 PM. Delivered to me today by 3 PM. went from memphis, tn to new york city. details said 2 lbs/.9 kg. got retail box with all accessories, but on the side it said FRUBB####. Also, there was a blue dot on the sticker. software .732
    06-22-10 12:35 AM
    I have sent back phones that have been over the 10 days and always get the credit for the cost of the device. Verizon has great CS.

Also. each FedEx label is associated to an account that informs them of what was sent and what should return. Including pins imei numbers ect.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-22-10 12:35 AM
    Just send back the Tour or live with the results. Yes they will know when they look at the screen and it says tour and they have a curve. If your Tour was so bad that you insisted on a replacement, why do you want to keep it anyway?
    06-22-10 12:44 AM
    Just send back the Tour or live with the results. Yes they will know when they look at the screen and it says tour and they have a curve. If your Tour was so bad that you insisted on a replacement, why do you want to keep it anyway?
    a friend of a friend got a replacement within the first 30 days and didnt send his old one back it was the storm back when it first came out, he got 2 replacements, the 1st one he sent it back and got credited for 265$ and the 2nd one he kept and sold on ebay. yes they make mistakes but he lucked out, but i wouldnt try it. look what happened in 2007 with new breed and vzw, they wern't logging the replacements in as received and tons of customers got charged full retal on accident. theres blogs out there about it if you use google(about the 2007 thing).

i see it as this, they are no nonsense no bullcrapola about replacing devices when peopel call (esp this time when we have 90 pages of discussion about a phone replacement) they dont switch out trackballs, ask very few quesitons, and send u a replacement so u dont have to leave the house, they treat me and others very good in this aspect, so why should i bite the hand that feeds me. sure its a thought but i wouldnt act on it. im getting treated like gold anyway, if it was anouther company they would say go to a store, blah blah blah, vzw is simply no bullcrap when it comes to this.
    Last edited by mikells43; 06-22-10 at 12:51 AM.
    06-22-10 12:49 AM
    Wow, you're dumb. Try it and see what happens.
    Dumber than not sending anything back? I don't know. Who knows? I knew it was a dumb question to begin with but sometimes the dumb questions are the good ones.

If last week someone asked, "Do you think Verizon would give me a brand new Bold for free since my Tour's trackball was a little unresponsive?", I'm sure it would have developed the same response too but who knows? Maybe someone could know something we don't.
    06-22-10 12:52 AM
    Wow.. that was smart

My Bold is coming from all the way Ontario California and I'm in Philadelphia Pa.

Gotta love Next day air but damn that sounds expensive.. especially UPS
    ur going to be getting a new retail BOLD!
    06-22-10 12:58 AM
    ur going to be getting a new retail BOLD!
    yep tx has been the referb spot i think. new breed has a warehouse in ontario but new breed does all of vzws warehousing and shipping and returns.
    06-22-10 01:06 AM
    This suspense is killing me. Ordered yesterday evening, said I was getting a Bold. Get the "About Your Replacement Device" Email today and it references a Tour. Hoping it is the Bold, 2lbs out of West Chester PA.
    06-22-10 01:08 AM
    This suspense is killing me. Ordered yesterday evening, said I was getting a Bold. Get the "About Your Replacement Device" Email today and it references a Tour. Hoping it is the Bold, 2lbs out of West Chester PA.
    got the same email and freaked out a little bit, but then i was told that it is just a general email they send out about how to switch phones, etc...
    hopefully they were right...
    06-22-10 01:14 AM
    yeahhh vzw didnt wanna send me a bold to replace my tour.. they are sending me out my 3rd tour in 2 months.. my buddy calls up last week to "hustle" vzw and he received his bold that friday.. ohh how i love it
    06-22-10 01:15 AM
    i didnt get that email about switching phones, i just got the email with the tracking number haha.
    06-22-10 01:18 AM
    No offense, but are you just angry gotblackberry that you got a FRU or you didn't get a bold? You seem to have a lot of anger and a need to try and disappoint people. To tell you the truth I think you just need to step away from the thread because you are just making yourself look like a complete and utter jackass.
    I'm glad that you decided to throw in your worthless opinion on this thread. Again, I have an INCREDIBLE. I do not NEED a fru tour, I'm not angry, I'm not bitter. I was wrong regarding an issue, and I apologized and people still continued to insult me. Yes, I asked for a pic with a receipt because people lie all the time and lies are how misinformation gets taken as fact (like how the BB data plan is not "really" unlimited.. its 5gb).

So please, quit your ragefest, no one cares what you think.
    Last edited by gotblackberry; 06-22-10 at 01:36 AM.
    06-22-10 01:32 AM
    yeahhh vzw didnt wanna send me a bold to replace my tour.. they are sending me out my 3rd tour in 2 months.. my buddy calls up last week to "hustle" vzw and he received his bold that friday.. ohh how i love it
    tell them ahh ill think about it im sick of this, and ill call back. then call back in 15 mins, i had to do that. the first girl wanted to send me a tour only, 2nd guy said i can only do that if im out of tours, and lets check, well im out of tours, and ur the lucky guy cuase i get to type the code in for the bold to come to u.

ive done the multiple call tactic to get early upgrades too. if someone dont work with u hang up and call back till someone does. ur the customer. u pay them.
    06-22-10 01:42 AM
    I believe the verizon csr must of been drunk or on drugs. First of all, she sent my Bold without a camera and 2nd, she mailed it to the wrong address. How frustrating!!!!!!!

06-22-10 06:59 AM
    Wow, 90 pages of this.

Well...I got my tracking info and everything. I'm still sitting at 3Lbs, delivery sometime tomorrow. Depending on what I get is how I know what to send back. But, I was told by CS that all I return is the Tour shell (no battery, back door, SIM Card, MicroSD Card, no accessories), just the bare phone.

-Edit-
    My package is coming from Fort Worth TX
    Last edited by skullcandy365; 06-22-10 at 07:34 AM.
    06-22-10 07:31 AM
    I'm glad that you decided to throw in your worthless opinion on this thread. Again, I have an INCREDIBLE. I do not NEED a fru tour, I'm not angry, I'm not bitter. I was wrong regarding an issue, and I apologized and people still continued to insult me. Yes, I asked for a pic with a receipt because people lie all the time and lies are how misinformation gets taken as fact (like how the BB data plan is not "really" unlimited.. its 5gb).

So please, quit your ragefest, no one cares what you think.
    you might want to change the "Device Model" you have then (currently listing 9630) which is most likely the reason most people on here think you are hating on new 9650 owners.

me personally...I think you most likely work for VzW or an affiliate...in someway, shape or form. and that is why you feel the need to rip people the way you do...as in your crass reply of "no one cares what you think" or telling others their opinions are "worthless"

if you do happen to work for VzW or an affiliate...i can see where you are coming from, however you dont come across to nicely about things.

NOTE: just my observation...no need to make some off-color remark about me and how unhelpful i am bc of the fact that my reg date is september 2008.
    Last edited by RedBank; 06-22-10 at 07:48 AM.
    06-22-10 07:44 AM
    Has anyone received a full retail box from fort worth?

I expect mine here today, I had 2 defective tours and both of my packages say 3 pounds and have no changed to 1 pound.
    06-22-10 08:58 AM
    Just got off the phone early this morning...begged for a Bold - they would not give it. Said the Tour is in stock now - so they have to issue refurbed Tours
    06-22-10 09:03 AM
2,047 ... 5253545556 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD