09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    Are you really this dense? He said hes not sending back his phone.
    Not dense. More of reading too fast. All people talked about on this thread was accessories so thats what I thought he was talking about. But yes, you are correct, he will be charged.

Posts edited.
    06-21-10 09:43 PM
    Well then stop acting like your pro on the subject. Some of us actually do have issues with the tour. If you're so convinced everyone's lying then go away and ignore this thread. Not that hard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Who are you? You joined in MAR 2010. Do you realize how much support and assistance I've actually provided to this subforum when people ask questions, sure I'll get some wrong. I admitted when I did.

There are some people who have tours with problems but if you look through this thread there are people who have just taken advantage of the system. Please get off your high horse.
    Last edited by gotblackberry; 06-21-10 at 09:46 PM.
    06-21-10 09:44 PM
    Not dense. More of reading too fast. All people talked about on this thread was accessories so thats what I thought he was talking about. But yes, you are correct, he will be charged.

Posts edited.
    Sorry for jumping on you, you're right accessories generally are not charged.
    06-21-10 09:44 PM
    Who are you? You joined in MAR 2010. Do you realize how much support and assistance I've actually provided to this subforum when people ask questions, sure I'll get some wrong. I admitted when I did.

There are some people who have tours but if you look through this thread there are people who have just taken advantage of the system. Please get off your high horse.
    I'll get off mine when you, mr. "Who are you? You joined in MAR 2010. Do you realize how much support and assistance I've actually provided to this subforum when people ask questions" get off yours.

06-21-10 09:46 PM
    I am a little worried now that I am not getting a bold, the rep placed the order for a bold , but I got an email on setting up your replacement phone and it listed the tour in the email. Did anyone else get that email?

Don't worry, because generally when you get a replacement it's the same phone the system goes off what phone you currently have active on your account.
    06-21-10 09:47 PM
    gotblackberry, I still do not see how these could be mistakes. Pictures posted earlier in this thread show the retail boxes with FRU stickers on them. Someone is knowingly sending these retail boxes as replacements, so while it might not be something they normally do, I don't think it's appropriate to call it a mistake.
    Sorry for jumping on you, you're right accessories generally are not charged.
    When he does get charged, I want to see how he's going to weasel out taking the charge off. CSRs clearly state to return old phone or they'll be charged full retail price of phone.
    I'll get off mine when you, mr. "Who are you? You joined in MAR 2010. Do you realize how much support and assistance I've actually provided to this subforum when people ask questions" get off yours.

You're telling me to get out of threads and and jumping on me when I have been correct and helpful exponentially more times that you ever have.
    When he does get charged, I want to see how he's going to weasel out taking the charge off. CSRs clearly state to return old phone or they'll be charged full retail price of phone.
    Not only that but there should be documentation in your box instructing you to return the old phone. No way to weasel out of it the return tracking #'s are by default stamped on the account now.
    06-21-10 09:49 PM
    gotblackberry, I still do not see how these could be mistakes. Pictures posted earlier in this thread show the retail boxes with FRU stickers on them. Someone is knowingly sending these retail boxes as replacements, so while it might not be something they normally do, I don't think it's appropriate to call it a mistake.
    You're correct. It is interesting. It could be deeper than the actual rep though. The rep could be placing the order as a FRU but the warehouse is out of them and sending news instead.
    Last edited by gotblackberry; 06-21-10 at 09:54 PM.
    06-21-10 09:50 PM
    I am a little worried now that I am not getting a bold, the rep placed the order for a bold , but I got an email on setting up your replacement phone and it listed the tour in the email. Did anyone else get that email?

I received that exact email. So I called 30 minutes ago, and the rep confirmed that I was getting the Bold and that I would love it. The email was based on your current unit.
    06-21-10 09:53 PM
    You're telling me to get out of threads and and jumping on me when I have been correct and helpful exponentially more times that you ever have.
    I never said I was being correct and helpful. You're basically posting things saying you're right about them. That is what's irritating. And saying you want pictures of NIB devices with the receipt because "it has to be a mistake." Don't worry though. I'll leave you alone now.

06-21-10 09:55 PM
    gotblackberry, I am perfectly aware that many people have stretched the truth about their trackball issues to get a phone. That's their moral issue not mine. That is still a long way from people lying about what they received, in fact it would support the theory that they are not lying about what they received because it's about how big they scored. There are also many people that received new bolds for real issues. It's interesting from a business stand point where verizon is going with this because they haven't gone full in on replacing all tours with bolds and seem to be going back and forth. Be interesting to see in a couple weeks if all of these tours being sent in get turned for refurbs. That's when we will know what the official policy is.
    06-21-10 09:55 PM
    It wouldn't make any sense for Verizon to expect the original Tour accessories back. I mean, I don't even know where half my stuff is. And plus, what in the world are they going to do with a worn leather case or used headphones? It's not like their going to refurbish that and stuff 'em back in a retail box.
    06-21-10 09:56 PM
    You're correct. It is interesting. It could be deeper than the actual rep though. The rep could be placing the order as a FRU but the warehouse is out of them and sending news instead.
    Thats likely to be the case. When I called about mine (horrible long story) they instantly suggested a replacement because of all I've been through. As he was placing the order he paused and said there is a problem. He asked if its okay if I get the new Bold instead free of charge as a replacement because all the accessories and size of the device are the same. I gladly accepted and he added free overnight. He DID say that it was going to be a certified like new device but if the device just came out I don't see how they'd have many?

I think it's wise on verizons part. I would love to know what it costs verizon to replace a tour vs a bold in the long run. The trackball issue alone was costing them tons of money I bet.
    06-21-10 09:57 PM
    It wouldn't make any sense for Verizon to expect the original Tour accessories back. I mean, I don't even know where half my stuff is. And plus, what in the world are they going to do with a worn leather case or used headphones? It's not like their going to refurbish that and stuff 'em back in a retail box.
    You can always say you don't have any of it. You use your car charger and bought a generic charger. I highly about they'd want any of that stuff back.
    06-21-10 09:58 PM
    gotblackberry, I am perfectly aware that many people have stretched the truth about their trackball issues to get a phone. That's their moral issue not mine. That is still a long way from people lying about what they received, in fact it would support the theory that they are not lying about what they received because it's about how big they scored. There are also many people that received new bolds for real issues. It's interesting from a business stand point where verizon is going with this because they haven't gone full in on replacing all tours with bolds and seem to be going back and forth. Be interesting to see in a couple weeks if all of these tours being sent in get turned for refurbs. That's when we will know what the official policy is.
    Yeah it will be, I've heard they're trying to replenish the stock on Tours though. We'll see.
    06-21-10 10:01 PM
    You can always say you don't have any of it. You use your car charger and bought a generic charger. I highly about they'd want any of that stuff back.
    I'm amazed at how many of you don't know that they absolutely DO NOT want any accessories whatsoever(SIM card may be different) when you are doing an exchange. Every time, it's the same instructions: Phone only- no battery, no mSD, no accessories. This goes for any exchanges, not just the Tour/Bold.

But then again, maybe I missed something in this argument ?
    06-21-10 10:05 PM
    i just found out that all vzws logstics (warehouseing) is done thru new breed. so anywhere where a new phone or referb is sent out of is going to be a new breed address. they also referb phones, the majority of the referbing is done in texas as on the return labels that u send ur phone back with.
    06-21-10 10:06 PM
    Smittyboy, thanks for the answer, I was thinking about calling and asking.

06-21-10 10:10 PM
    If you guys wanna argue share your pins and argue over bbm. we don't need to read spam pages of your garbage. And for someone with 2000+ posts, you especially should know the rules.
    06-21-10 10:14 PM
    My phone got busted on the 17th due to me not thinking too clearly & bringing into the bathroom I was remodeling to listen to pandora. Wellll.....Towel rod came down right on the center of my screen!! When I went to file a claim online with Asurion they said the 9630 is no longer a replacement and said I would be getting the 9650 instead. When the box came the following day I got a NIB 9650 not a refurb!!! Sometimes ignorance is bliss
    06-21-10 10:17 PM
    I'm amazed at how many of you don't know that they absolutely DO NOT want any accessories whatsoever(SIM card may be different) when you are doing an exchange. Every time, it's the same instructions: Phone only- no battery, no mSD, no accessories. This goes for any exchanges, not just the Tour/Bold.

But then again, maybe I missed something in this argument ?
    We're talking about for the people like myself who got a brand new retail bold in a sealed box with all accessories.
    06-21-10 10:25 PM
    Actually, they can definitely have the headphones back, both sets if I get a new-in-box. Those disc-shaped phones hurt my ears and do not stay in place in any event. But, yes, where are the European plug adapters?

I'm still waiting to see mine board an aeroplane.......... scheduled for delivery tomorrow by 3pm.
    06-21-10 10:28 PM
    I received my "FRU" Bold on Friday the 18th. It came from Fort Worth. Per the label on the brown box (and in the battery compartment) it was built June 3rd. Now you tell me...that's 15 days between build and when I received it. So is this mint Bold a refurbed, defective unit or was it part of new stock packaged to be used as a FRU (without all of the accessories and costly NIB packaging)? I believe that it's the latter.

06-21-10 10:32 PM
2,047 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD