09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    This thread is getting a little heated......

If you get a Bold, great. Even if it is FRU and not "new". And if you get a Tour, it's not the end of the world. Your account will still show a replacement and that history won't go away. So if you have problems with a Tour, then maybe you have a leg to stand on at that point.......

I am still just amazed at the # of posts at this point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 08:24 PM
    Here you go!

Taken with my NEW Bold BTW
    Touche' makes no sense, but there is so much variance with some Verizon reps. I guess it's bound to happen by mistake.

Thank you.
    06-21-10 08:26 PM
    Got my Bold today began device swap via DM and got all the way to the last part of hooking up the new phone and xfering 3rd party apps and recved error message saying device memory full and no room available. Tried a few times even deselected all the apps but no room on the new device became available. Had no choice but to call tech support and we did a complete wipe of the new device thinking that would help but no go. So tech guy said only fix is sending another unit. So long story short new unit will be sent out overnight tomorrow since it was after 5pm.

BTW, Bold unit was full retail package with all the goodies. Tech guy told me to keep everything and just send back phone. He also verified that the replacement unit will be another bold not a tour but just the device itself.

Sucks, I was looking forward to using my Bold tonight instead of Tour. Oh well Wednesday will be here soon enough.

06-21-10 08:45 PM
    I called up Verizon Customer Support on Saturday after seeing this thread about the new Bolds. I did in fact have a minor issue with my trackball and the issue was intensifying so I figured why not get it fixed now?

Anyways I have a tour on the way and when I talked to the customer support agent she told me it was going to be a new in box tour with all accessories and I was to put everything that came with my tour in the box and ship it back to Verizon within ten days, otherwise I would be billed retail price for the device. I called up today and got my tracking number and the shipment is coming from Ontario, California and the weight is 3 lbs. The estimated delivery date is Wednesday since it was 2 days shipping. I read though may of the posts in this thread and it seams like some people said their package weight was 3 pounds too but then dropped later on. Im really hoping it doesn't happen to me because I would love to have a new in box Bold with a new battery and all! I'll post up pics once I receive my shipment
    06-21-10 08:48 PM
    Well, Im now the proud owner of a FRU Bold 9650... and even though the thread is getting somewhat heated, Ill still say what I feel. The Tour i had was new when I got it, so a New Bold would have been nice. I deff dont think the volume is anywhere close to as loud as my tour, as well as my trackpad tilts to the right, anyone else seem to have this issue? Ive had the Bold for almost 4 hours and its really starting to bug me. My brother and dad have curve 2's, and their trackpads sit flish with the keyboard. As well as my friend who got a bold the other day, theirs is flush. Im not complaining really, but yet at the same time,,, i guess i am. :/
    06-21-10 08:50 PM
    So I just got the shipping information.. mines is getting overnighted by UPS and should be here my 10am-12pm

So the phone is rated at 2.70 lbs so I'm getting a new phone

I'm going to take a gamble an not send back my tour... will post if I get charged or not
    I do not work for Verizon, but I spent many years in a parts distribution center. It is your gamble to take, but when we sent out parts that required customers to send back old parts it creates an open ticket. Any open tickets flagged at the end of the month so we could get a hold of customers to get parts back or they would get charged. We used the return tracking number to identify when those parts came back and scanned all deliveries into the system. If Verizon has a similar system then you will continue to have an open ticket and if the end of their cycle is past your ten days you have to return the item then they will find out after your grace period. I know we put many customers on a flag where they had to send us the part first before we sent a new part because they had problems sending those parts back. You might get away with it once, but on your next issue you might run into a less friendly csr who doesn't want to send you a phone first. As said, your gamble to take, but they are upgrading your phone and at their cost, why would you want to take even more advantage of their good will.

oh and "Mr. I want to see a receipt", Sounds like sour grapes to me. I guess you couldn't get a replacement at all or got a refurb tour. I suggest you start at the beginning of the thread and you will see plenty of pics, or you can choose to believe that people nationwide got together at the secret meeting to lie about what they got. Your choice.
    06-21-10 08:50 PM
    Wow.. that was smart

My Bold is coming from all the way Ontario California and I'm in Philadelphia Pa.

Gotta love Next day air but damn that sounds expensive.. especially UPS
    06-21-10 08:57 PM
    Touche' makes no sense, but there is so much variance with some Verizon reps. I guess it's bound to happen by mistake.

Thank you.
    Doubt it's a mistake. I will be receiving a brand new retail box tomorrow as well. Will post pictures when I get the chance. How do I know it's a new retail box? We've established in this thread that any package weighing 2-3lbs is new and 1lb is a FRU. It's a very long thread, but it's scattered everywhere. I'm thinking Verizon has no choice but to send out these new boxes since the phone is so new. I mean, wouldn't it be an incredible hassle to rip new Bolds out of their boxes and repackage them in FRU boxes? See what I mean?
    06-21-10 09:16 PM
    I was told Sunday night that I would be getting a refurb Bold, but the tracking number states that it weighs 2 pounds from Memphis. I also go an email stating that my like new replacement Tour should be arriving Wednesday. Does anyone know if the email is wrong or if the CSR told me a Bold and I will get a Tour? Also, it sounds like the 2 lb box is a new tour or not?
    06-21-10 09:23 PM
    If a phone is refurbished, Verizon NEVER sends a phone with all accessories as a replacement unless you're within your 30 day purchase.

Considering the Bold 9650 came out 2 weeks ago, there is no way possible that people would of returned phones, the phone being refurbished and than sent to warehouse.

Companies always have a stock full of brand new phones that are used to replace defective. Obviously some people dont know how inventory or merchandise management works. Theres inventory for NEW boxes to be sold and theres inventory for exchanges and another for actual refurbed units.
    06-21-10 09:23 PM
    So I just got the shipping information.. mines is getting overnighted by UPS and should be here my 10am-12pm

I'm going to take a gamble an not send back my tour... will post if I get charged or not
    You will get charged.
    06-21-10 09:25 PM
    Doubt it's a mistake. I will be receiving a brand new retail box tomorrow as well. Will post pictures when I get the chance. How do I know it's a new retail box? We've established in this thread that any package weighing 2-3lbs is new and 1lb is a FRU. It's a very long thread, but it's scattered everywhere. I'm thinking Verizon has no choice but to send out these new boxes since the phone is so new. I mean, wouldn't it be an incredible hassle to rip new Bolds out of their boxes and repackage them in FRU boxes? See what I mean?
    It definitely is a mistake as the alert in Verizon systems tell reps to send out FRU BB Bolds, not new ones.
    06-21-10 09:26 PM
    It definitely is a mistake as the alert in Verizon systems tell reps to send out FRU BB Bolds, not new ones.
    Well, that leads me to two questions:

1) How in the world could Verizon let this many mistakes get by? Seems a little unrealistic, no? If it truly is a mistake, then that's a horrible, horrible job by VZW.

2) What if there are no FRU Bolds available? Is this simply about including all those accessories with it that makes it a mistake? Will they rip new Bolds out of their box and then repackage it as a FRU?
    06-21-10 09:30 PM
    oh and "Mr. I want to see a receipt", Sounds like sour grapes to me. I guess you couldn't get a replacement at all or got a refurb tour. I suggest you start at the beginning of the thread and you will see plenty of pics, or you can choose to believe that people nationwide got together at the secret meeting to lie about what they got. Your choice.
    It's hardly sour grapes, my tour works just fine and I'm not going to falsify a problem (like a lot of people in this thread are AKA LYING) to get a bold upgrade.
    06-21-10 09:31 PM
    Stop giving out false information.

I've sent back phone only and kept accessories and never been charged. I've even called back to confirm that they only want the phone.

Verizon CSRs have no idea what is being sent out. They dont even see the boxes or touch. All they do is put an order in to have a replacement sent. Its the warehouse that sends out items and they send whatever is available based on the requests.
    Perhaps you should go back and learn to read.

I'm going to take a gamble an not send back my tour.
    .. will post if I get charged or not
    06-21-10 09:31 PM
    Do you work for verizon? Because if you do then ok, we heard you the first time. If not, just do everyone a favor and get over whatever it is that's leading you to believe you're right about everything.

06-21-10 09:33 PM
    You are playing with fire on that one! Although I do not think Verizon spends a lot of time checking over the devices that come back, I am certain they do keep track of whether or not they get the phone. Let us know how it works out, but I am pretty sure you will see a suprise on a future bill if you don't send it back.

I also agree with others who have asked why you would want to screw Verison out of the Tour, when they (or RIM) are being so generous with replacing used Tours with brand new Bolds (in most cases).
    06-21-10 09:35 PM
    Well, that's leads me to two questions:

1) How in the world could Verizon let this many mistakes get by? Seems a little unrealistic, no? If it truly is a mistake, then that's a horrible, horrible job by VZW.

2) What if there are no FRU Bolds available? Is this simply about including all those accessories with it that makes it a mistake? Will they rip new Bolds out of their box and then repackage it as a FRU?
    There is no such thing as FRU Bolds. There is always an allotment put aside for defects that needs to be replaced. Verizon never sends out full retail boxes unless you're within 30 days. Since there is no real refurbished phones, they are sending out retail boxes labeled FRU's. Those who got phone only werent as lucky and were sent whatever was in the warehouse.

Rip new bolds out of their box and repackage? Nonsense. They just wasted a perfectly good box with accessories and the label on the box. If you noticed, the sticker on the box and the sticker on the phone matches. So they are not going to purposely remove a perfectly good phone from its box.

Those in brown boxes probably never had a retail box to begin with hence it was shipped the way it was.
    06-21-10 09:36 PM
    I made my call this morning. 2lbs out of Ontario, CA. Should be here Wednesday by 7pm. I just called and the rep confirmed that I'll be getting a Bold.
    06-21-10 09:37 PM
    Hope I am not too late to the game. Just ordered my warranty replacement. Rep did not indicate I was not getting a Tour, just that they were sending me a replacement. I did not want to press the issue because I did not want to raise any suspicions, although the trackball on my Tour has been driving me nuts for months. He shipped it overnight for free, so I should have whatever I am getting on Wednesday.
    06-21-10 09:37 PM
    Do you work for verizon? Because if you do then ok, we heard you the first time. If not, just do everyone a favor and get over whatever it is that's leading you to believe you're right about everything.

Where I work isn't important in this conversation...
    06-21-10 09:39 PM
    Hope I am not too late to the game. Just ordered my warranty replacement. Rep did not indicate I was not getting a Tour, just that they were sending me a replacement. I did not want to press the issue because I did not want to raise any suspicions, although the trackball on my Tour has been driving me nuts for months. He shipped it overnight for free, so I should have whatever I am getting on Wednesday.
    You're probably getting a bold, the tours are out of stock! I wouldn't worry.
    06-21-10 09:40 PM
    Verizon does not know what was sent out to begin with. All VZ cares about is getting back the phone. As I stated before, I've called back and asked what is it that is suppose to be sent back. Multiple occassions, CSR reps have stated to send back phone only.
    Are you really this dense? He said hes not sending back his phone.
    06-21-10 09:41 PM
    Where I work isn't important in this conversation...
    Well then stop acting like your pro on the subject. Some of us actually do have issues with the tour. If you're so convinced everyone's lying then go away and ignore this thread. Not that hard.

06-21-10 09:42 PM
    I am a little worried now that I am not getting a bold, the rep placed the order for a bold , but I got an email on setting up your replacement phone and it listed the tour in the email. Did anyone else get that email?

06-21-10 09:43 PM
2,047 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD