09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    what was the weight on your tracking?
    1 lb.......
    06-21-10 07:16 PM
    mines coming from philly and weighs 2 lbs
    06-21-10 07:17 PM
    Well I had no luck because I am not the original owner of this TOUR Verizon said I am not covered under any kind of warranty.
    06-21-10 07:18 PM
    Anyone figured out yet if the shipments coming out of Memphis are new devices or FRU's?
    im looking for this answer as well
    06-21-10 07:19 PM
    im looking for this answer as well
    it was mentioned earlier on in the thread that the refurbisher is located there so it's a strong possibility that they're refurbs. your best bet for new devices so far are Ontario, CA and PA.
    06-21-10 07:23 PM
    Has anyone had a 1lb package shipped to them and it turned out to be a new in box Bold?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 07:23 PM
    I'm calling BS on anyone who says they got a NEW IN RETAIL box. You'll have to post pics with your receipt to prove it. If verizon was going to send new in retail box, they'd send you a tour (which they still have full retail price).
    06-21-10 07:24 PM
    I'm calling BS on anyone who says they got a NEW IN RETAIL box. You'll have to post pics with your receipt to prove it. If verizon was going to send new in retail box, they'd send you a tour (which they still have full retail price).
    Folks have posted pics of new-retail boxes. Either in this thread or a very similar one in the 9650 forum with a similar thread going.
    06-21-10 07:29 PM
    i called vzw on friday and got my phone today, shipped from tx and weight was 2 pounds.. i got a new bold in new box with all accesories.. the sheet inside the box with instructions to activate says to return phone only, not batt cover or batt, so thats all that im sending back.. when i called vzw on fri, i was told i was only getting a refurb with no back or battery.. the reps in trouble shooting that send out the phones have no idea what is being picked off the line and shipped out, so they cant guarantee what u will get as far as new or refurb.. i wld post pics of box and all accesories along with phone, but i dont knw how.. believe me or not, ur choice, we had nothing to gain by lying.. and they are only sending bols for ppl with tours that call with complaints if tours are out of stock.. they are still getting shipments, so basically u luck up, if u call and they say they are sending u a tour, call back and the next rep will prob tell u they are out of tours and will send u a bold.. good luck to u
    06-21-10 07:30 PM
    I called VZW tonight for my wife's Tour. They are replacing it, but the rep didn't say anything about it being a Bold. She just said it would be in my hands by Thursday.
    06-21-10 07:31 PM
    there have already been pictures posted of new bolds in the blackberry boxes. and it is possible for them to be brand new seeing as verizon mentioned to me, and some others, that they were out of stock on the tours and wouldn't be getting another shipment in until wednesday, although it does seem they got some in early, depending on where you call from and which rep you talk to. either way, they're trying to phase out anything with a trackball. sending out bolds is a smart thing to do on verizon's part if they don't want to lose any customers and still promote their most recent device.
    06-21-10 07:33 PM
    it was mentioned earlier on in the thread that the refurbisher is located there so it's a strong possibility that they're refurbs. your best bet for new devices so far are Ontario, CA and PA.
    Thanks, there are just too many posts to go searching through anymore. I was told I was getting a brand new in box Tour and my shipping weight is 3lb's. I can only hope I get a Bold instead
    06-21-10 07:34 PM
    just a thought.... but what are the chances a portion of the new bolds get packaged and SKUd as FRUs while still being new? Its hard to believe they've gotten enough back, repaired, repackaged, and ready for ship 2 weeks after the Verizon launch.
    06-21-10 07:35 PM
    Thanks, there are just too many posts to go searching through anymore. I was told I was getting a brand new in box Tour and my shipping weight is 3lb's. I can only hope I get a Bold instead
    a lot of the 3lb. shipments changed to around 1lb. and ended up being either a refurbished tour or a bold, but just the shell, no battery, no battery door. 2lbs. is generally a brand new in retail box bold. anything less is refurbished.
    06-21-10 07:38 PM
    there have already been pictures posted of new bolds in the blackberry boxes. and it is possible for them to be brand new seeing as verizon mentioned to me, and some others, that they were out of stock on the tours and wouldn't be getting another shipment in until wednesday, although it does seem they got some in early, depending on where you call from and which rep you talk to. either way, they're trying to phase out anything with a trackball. sending out bolds is a smart thing to do on verizon's part if they don't want to lose any customers and still promote their most recent device.
    Link to those posts?

Why would Verizon send out new bolds when the policy clearly states refurbished bolds and freeing out a bold new in box requires supervisor approval. I mean, anything is possible, but I just don't think it happens.
    06-21-10 07:40 PM
    just a thought.... but what are the chances a portion of the new bolds get packaged and SKUd as FRUs while still being new? Its hard to believe they've gotten enough back, repaired, repackaged, and ready for ship 2 weeks after the Verizon launch.
    i was thinking the same thing. the phone came out just two weeks ago and we were JUST informed of the bolds replacing the tours on what? thursday? friday? it's not very likely that all of the tours that have already been sent back are ready to be sent out again. not to mention the shipping time for the tours tpo actually get back to verizon. that would definitely put a delay on things.
    06-21-10 07:40 PM
    Got mine!

New in box, my box was also 2lb from CA.

here's one of them....
    06-21-10 07:48 PM
    I have a 1lb box from fort worth, tx. VZW told me straight up i was getting a bold.
    well not really...but i feel better now. i will know before 11am 2morrow and will post up when i get the deets.

fru...new...i dont give a frak...as long as i dont have the motherlovin trackball!
    06-21-10 07:51 PM
    here's one of them....
    Like I said with a receipt of it being free'd out.. you can upgrade to a bold or pay full price and it will come in a new box.

People lie all the time.
    06-21-10 07:56 PM
    Has anyone called today, did they say they would send a bold? You called VZ customer service or Asurion? Do you think you could walk into a store and get a bold or it would be a tour, or would they direct you to call and send it in. Just making sure before I call, this trackball stuff is for the birds.
    06-21-10 08:00 PM
    Like I said with a receipt of it being free'd out.. you can upgrade to a bold or pay full price and it will come in a new box.

People lie all the time.
    wow really? ok. you can believe what you want. either way i'm sure everyone's much happier with bolds whether they're FRUs or not. still better than dealing with a ****ty trackball. what does it matter to you anyway what people are getting or if they're lying or not...?
    06-21-10 08:02 PM
    Link to those posts?

Why would Verizon send out new bolds when the policy clearly states refurbished bolds and freeing out a bold new in box requires supervisor approval. I mean, anything is possible, but I just don't think it happens.
    While that seems like a good question. The better question is why would people lie about getting NIB Bolds. If it was one person saying they got a new one, maybe skeptical but half the people here are reporting they did and some posted pictures. And all those people are reporting similar package weights and origins. That's enough evidence for me.

And there apparently was supervisor approval. My CSR told me that there was currently a nationwide shortage of FRU Tours and they were sent an E-mail that authorized them to send a Bold if a Tour needed to be replaced. Authorization and approval sound pretty similar to me.

As far as whether to send a FRU or NIB Bold, I doubt the CSR had that option. I'm sure it's the luck of the draw. Just like the luck of the draw of getting the CSR that will even give you a Bold.

And you're right, normally it doesn't happen but they're only adapting to fix what shouldn't have happened and that was the release of a popular phone that is a malfunction magnet that gets replaced far more than any other phone has or should have been.

People lie all the time.
    Are you serious? Someone please take a picture of everything to shut this guy/girl up. It's like they're in denial or something. If no one does, I will tomorrow afternoon when my 2lbs NIB Bold from Ontario, CA gets delivered.
    Last edited by Kevin9664; 06-21-10 at 08:13 PM.
    06-21-10 08:07 PM
    So I just got the shipping information.. mines is getting overnighted by UPS and should be here my 10am-12pm

So the phone is rated at 2.70 lbs so I'm getting a new phone

I'm going to take a gamble an not send back my tour... will post if I get charged or not
    06-21-10 08:11 PM

People lie all the time.
    Here you go!

Taken with my NEW Bold BTW
    06-21-10 08:14 PM
    just received mine from forth worth, tx @ 3 lbs.

got the phone and battery cover .

the one from ontario, CA is indeed new in retail box and has all the things.

excited!!!

sorry pic is SO big
    06-21-10 08:22 PM
2,047 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD