09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    I went into sprint today to complain about my phone not having good signal on a new replacement phone. The store manager had the tech look at it and said that the problem might have to do with the account settings not being set right. I am still waiting to hear back from the tech now to see what they are going to do. will keep everybody posted on what sprint is doing.
    06-21-10 05:50 PM
    so, all the 9630's that were replaced with 9650's. I'm sure your Ne2 was reset, and you now get the new ETF of $325 vs the $175....
    Wrong. My NE2 is still for next year. Nothing was changed since this is NOT a purchase and is a replacement.
    Did anyone who already received their 9650s get the "Important Information" email about activating your phone?
    If so, did it say the Tour or Bold in that email?
    Never got an email except for shipping information.
    I checked on my friends tour for replacement. They said that since the phone was not bough directly through them, (another person bought it from vz then I bought it from them) they will not honor the warranty.

Anyone have insight on this? All of the phones are less than one year old and it is a manafacture warranty anyways..
    Thats what I have been told. If you're not the original purchaser and did not purchase from VZ, VZ will not cover it.

Thats like buying a PS3 from Best Buy and taking it to Walmart to have them cover the warranty.

You have 1 yr manufacturer warranty. Manufacturer being RIM not VZ. You need to contact RIM.
    ok. cause according to my tracking my shipment is still 2.0 lbs/.9 kg. hopefully it doesn't change anytime soon and i'm getting the bold rather than another crappy tour.
    If it stays that weight, it will come complete with box and accessories as if you were to buy it from the store.
    06-21-10 05:52 PM
    i purchased my phone at best buy. does that matter because i got sent a tour instead of a bold. just wondering
    06-21-10 05:55 PM
    Has anyone that was told they were getting a Tour actually get a Bold in the mail???
    06-21-10 06:05 PM
    Has anyone that was told they were getting a Tour actually get a Bold in the mail???
    Call verizon @ 1-866-406-5154 then press 1. Ask the CSR to verify which phone got shipped to you as there was some confusion.

When I made my call at first, the CSR said they were gonna send a replacement Tour. I called back later that night, to the # above and they told me it they actually were sending me a Bold.
    06-21-10 06:08 PM
    Ya I was told a Tour and hyphnx ordred around the same time and got a tour. I was just hoping that someone may have made a mistake. I'll find out tomorrow I guess.
    06-21-10 06:13 PM
    I went into sprint today to complain about my phone not having good signal on a new replacement phone. The store manager had the tech look at it and said that the problem might have to do with the account settings not being set right. I am still waiting to hear back from the tech now to see what they are going to do. will keep everybody posted on what sprint is doing.
    Since this is a Verizon thread I would suggest starting a Sprint thread. None of us Verizon people are going to care what Sprint is doing, and Sprint people probably don't want to read 80 pages of what Verizon is doing.
    06-21-10 06:15 PM
    Has anyone figured out yet if the 2lb/.9g packages out of Memphis are new devices or FRU's?

Thanks!
    06-21-10 06:17 PM
    i think we have established a 2lb box is a brand new in box device....like every page
    06-21-10 06:23 PM
    Has anyone figured out yet if the 2lb/.9g packages out of Memphis are new devices or FRU's?

Thanks!
    2lb. shipments are supposed to be brand new retail boxes.
    06-21-10 06:24 PM
    Just got my "Important Information" email as well. It states "Your Phone: Blackberry 9630"

Oh well... here's hoping the trackball on my 4th tour is issue free!

I got that email as well, but I just called VZW CS to confirm what was shipped and the CSR reviewed my order and said it was a Bold. Shipping information says it's coming from Ontario, CA and from what I am reading it sounds like they are new ones. I can only hope since originally I was told I was being sent the Bold with no battery cover and a charger. At any rate I am glad I am getting a Bold and will be done with the trackball.
    06-21-10 06:30 PM
    I got that email as well, but I just called VZW CS to confirm what was shipped and the CSR reviewed my order and said it was a Bold. Shipping information says it's coming from Ontario, CA and from what I am reading it sounds like they are new ones. I can only hope since originally I was told I was being sent the Bold with no battery cover and a charger. At any rate I am glad I am getting a Bold and will be done with the trackball.
    hopefully we get the bold. fingers crossed!!
    06-21-10 06:35 PM
    Mephis TN seems to be new retail packaging. Both of mine that are shipping out of there are both 2lbs, 9kgs.
    06-21-10 06:48 PM
    I guess mine is taking a red-eye flight was it is still sitting in Ontario, CA(lifornia).

I've created a signed note to leave on porch if I'm not home.

Tour/Bold
    Bold/Tour

The suspense is killing me....
    06-21-10 06:49 PM
    Yea just called CS to get my fedex tracking number. 2lb from Memphis due here Wednesday and it is indeed a Bold.
    06-21-10 06:50 PM
    Good to read that. I got the email but was also told by the csr it would be a "naked" Bold and to swap my battery between devices as I did the SwitchWizard. A full package would be a very nice premium....
    06-21-10 06:53 PM
    2lbs. from Memphis...here's hoping for a full retail pkg!
    Last edited by -AKA-; 06-21-10 at 07:00 PM.
    06-21-10 06:58 PM
    You're not getting new ones. The battery and all charging ports are all the same. There would be no reason to send you a new one.
    06-21-10 06:59 PM
    You realize you can just call and ask what you got right? You don't have to wait for your package.. there are different SKU numbers for different phones so the rep can tell. There are also different SKU's for new or replacement phones.
    06-21-10 07:00 PM
    I am guessing that RIM is more behind this than Verizon, however this is sure making Verizon look good - exchanging used Tours for brand spankin' new Bolds (with many people reporting new retail packages). What a deal!
    06-21-10 07:01 PM
    gf got the full retail box with all the goodies (from Ontario)
    Last edited by berryg1; 06-21-10 at 07:06 PM.
    06-21-10 07:03 PM
    Note that Ft Worth is where New Breed (the refurbisher) is located. Mine also came from there. No issues at all. The way I look at it is that they are looked at more closely at New Breed than on a production line in Mexico so you could say that it's even better than new condition now.
    I like your optimism, lol.
    06-21-10 07:08 PM
    I guess its "semi-confirmed" Fort Worth is shipping FRU (no retail packaging). Did your phone come with a battery cover?
    Mine came today in the FRU brown box with a battery cover. In perfect condition, not a mark on it.

FWIW, the trackpad is crooked, up left and down right, but not so that it bothers me at the moment.
    06-21-10 07:10 PM
    does fedex only update their shipments once a day?
    06-21-10 07:11 PM
    Mine came today in the FRU brown box with a battery cover. In perfect condition, not a mark on it.

FWIW, the trackpad is crooked, up left and down right, but not so that it bothers me at the moment.
    what was the weight on your tracking?
    06-21-10 07:11 PM
2,047 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD