09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 34567 ...
tools
    What kind of trouble shooting did they try to go over with you on the phone?

What do you tell them it does when they ask?
    They didn't ask anything. I just explained that I have had issues (which I have) and went to the Verizon store. The reps at the store blew compressed air into it and said they didn't have any replacements. I came home and a day later (today) called CS. They said they would send me a new Tour.......as she was setting up the shipping address etc she said that the Tour has been discontinued and asked me how I liked track pads. She said the BOLD is very similar to the Tour and they would ship it out right away.

Thats it.
    06-17-10 05:41 PM
    For the few getting Bolds, you must have had previous replacements of your Tour through GerBizon. There is plenty of refurbished stock in the midwest.
    You have to of had at least 2, perhaps 3 for VZW to consider a swap from Tour to Bold. Otherwise, they will simply encourage you to do an early upgrade to the Bold for $149.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not true. I have NEVER had my Tour replaced. BUT, I've honestly have had issues with my Tour's trackball and CS said there was nothing to do but replace it. I thought I was getting a Tour until the end when she plugged my address into the system and it read the Tour was out of stock/discontinued (not sure which one). She said she would send me the BOLD. FYI----I am in the midwest.
    06-17-10 05:44 PM
    LOL, I love how even the internal CS reps barely know the difference between the 9630 and the 9650. If that's the case, then how in the world is your average consumer going to know? Basically proves the point of it not being a true upgrade.
    06-17-10 05:45 PM
    What issue were you having with your tour? or what did u describe to them?

I do not believe it is a bold. I was having a problem with my tour within the first month of purchasing, and release date. They sent it to me in the brown refurb box.. I told them that I thought it was unfair I was getting a refurb within the first 30 days of purchase as I could have returned it. They assured me that there was not a chance it was a refurb.. Just because thats the way their replacement thing works..
    My trackball doesn't grip when trying to scroll to the right. Scrolling left isn't the greatest but I've managed. Up and down work fine but horizontal is craptastic. Not sure what you meant by "I do not believe it is a Bold." He specifically said they are sending out a Bold.
    06-17-10 05:46 PM
    My trackball doesn't grip when trying to scroll to the right. Scrolling left isn't the greatest but I've managed. Up and down work fine but horizontal is craptastic. Not sure what you meant by "I do not believe it is a Bold." He specifically said they are sending out a Bold.
    I'm not sure what I meant either. I'm reading through it trying to figure out what I was saying.

I think I meant to say I do not believe it is a refurb
    06-17-10 05:52 PM
    I've been having problems with my trackball for a few weeks now so I decided to try this out. The rep said "It looks like we don't have the tour in stock now, so we'll have to replace it with a bold." It'll be here in a few days. I'm in Ohio btw, since someone said there are plenty of refurb tours in the midwest.
    06-17-10 06:01 PM
    I'm sad to say it but you can add me to the list of trackball issues. My trackball stuck once on my replacement Tour and I told them such. I said I know my phones warranty is up next month and I don't want to pay for repairs on a defective part. Fedex will bring my BOLD Tues.
    WHOO-HOO!!!
    It's not screwing Verizon, it's letting RIM replace a lot of defective hardware AND helping restore their customers loyalty.
    Last edited by greeneink; 06-17-10 at 06:38 PM.
    06-17-10 06:30 PM
    i called 2 weeks ago about issues with my trackball... they said go to a store, i went to the store... the used air and a alcohol pad, didnt help told me to call CS and see about a replacement i called tuesday... hadnt got the email that it shipped so i called them back and they said they was doing the upgrade!

anyone received the replacement BOLD yet?
    06-17-10 06:38 PM
    I've had trackball issues for several weeks now, but waited until the new OS to see if it would fix it. Obviously since it is a hardware issue, it didn't. I called in today and indeed CS said they are out of TOURS and that they would be shipping out the BOLD 9650. Getting it on Monday! Finally, VZW/RIM is coming through.
    06-17-10 07:14 PM
    I called with the trackball issue and they're sending another TOUR. Dammit!
    Want that BOLD hook up. They said they still had some tours in stock so that's what I get.
    06-17-10 07:16 PM
    I called with the trackball issue and they're sending another TOUR. Dammit!
    Want that BOLD hook up. They said they still had some tours in stock so that's what I get.
    Where do you live and when did you call?

06-17-10 07:33 PM
    I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the issue to tell them with the trackball?
    When going through with the tech support what do you tell them when they say try this?
    Issue seems to be you can't scroll horizontally. She had me pull the battery so I did and said 'nope, still nothing' and then they asked what my software version was which I told them was the latest. She said a software update when out and that has fixed a lot of the trackball issues.

Someone also mentioned the midwest and previously replaced phones - I'm in Iowa and have never had a replacement Tour. So that wasn't an issue here.
    06-17-10 08:24 PM
    Northeast, 9pm.

Goodbye Tour 9630, hello Bold 9650!
    06-17-10 08:38 PM
    I called and told them about the phone being bricked. Went through trouble shoot with verizon tech and nothing worked. Then she opened a ticket with RIM and they called me and she knew how to fix it. So no bold for me.

06-17-10 09:08 PM
    So we did trouble shooting on the phone today. Could not find any tours anywhere however, he said their stock should be updating at the end of the day. They will call me tomorrow and say what's gonna happen.

All in all though I would be okay with a new tour. Some keys are uneven on my 5th refurb. My guess is they are trying to get away from the tour, considering it was yet another verizon blackberry flop. They will have to keep sending tours if they keep giving those out, and when warranties are extended 90 days for each resend, people would be getting tours for life.
    Last edited by NADA918; 06-17-10 at 09:28 PM.
    06-17-10 09:19 PM
    I called and told them about the phone being bricked. Went through trouble shoot with verizon tech and nothing worked. Then she opened a ticket with RIM and they called me and she knew how to fix it. So no bold for me.

lol why didnt you just mention the trackball issue??
    06-17-10 09:20 PM
    North East, 930pm.

Upgraded to Bold.
    06-17-10 10:34 PM
    this is strange. i actually had a very serious issue with my tour's trackball (it would not even move anymore) so i called before this thread was even created and asked if i could swap out for a bold. the rep said absolutely not and i was shipped a refurb tour. this one is a little better, but do you recommend i try again? i really dont want to have another problem with this horrible trackball
    06-17-10 11:28 PM
    I just had the famous trackball issue....BOLD was shipped and will be delivered Monday.

06-17-10 11:31 PM
    lol why didnt you just mention the trackball issue??
    Last time I called and said track ball they made me go to a store.

06-18-10 12:05 AM
    this is strange. i actually had a very serious issue with my tour's trackball (it would not even move anymore) so i called before this thread was even created and asked if i could swap out for a bold. the rep said absolutely not and i was shipped a refurb tour. this one is a little better, but do you recommend i try again? i really dont want to have another problem with this horrible trackball
    How long before?

If it was before the first person started the thread, chances are they were not doing the BOLD replacements at the time.. Refurbs can be crap if you happen to get one. SO, they will believe if you call and say the quality of this phone is not up to par.. This is understandable due to the fact that it is a used phone.. they are the ones that call them certified like new.. so hold them to it!
    06-18-10 12:10 AM
    How long before?

If it was before the first person started the thread, chances are they were not doing the BOLD replacements at the time.. Refurbs can be crap if you happen to get one. SO, they will believe if you call and say the quality of this phone is not up to par.. This is understandable due to the fact that it is a used phone.. they are the ones that call them certified like new.. so hold them to it!
    it was only 1 day before this thread was created. i am going to try my chances tomorrow for a bold replacement
    06-18-10 12:22 AM
    Issue seems to be you can't scroll horizontally.
    This is true.....I have a ton of problems trying to scroll to the right only! annoying!!
    06-18-10 12:58 AM
    Last time I called and said track ball they made me go to a store.

They asked me to take it to a store the last time, I refused on the grounds that I don't have time to wait around a store. I insisted it was on warranty, I want it replaced. Most recently, they offered the Bold replacement pretty quick.
    Last edited by greeneink; 06-18-10 at 04:42 AM.
    06-18-10 04:40 AM
    They asked me to take it to a store the last time, I refused on the grounds that I don't have time to wait around a store. I insisted it was on warranty, I want it replaced. Most recently, they offered the Bold replacement pretty quick.
    I tried that too. They were pretty like were not replacing it so either deal with it or take it to the store. It just depends on who you talk to.
    06-18-10 06:09 AM
2,047 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD