09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    Went to Verizon today.....told them my continual problem with the trackball and they are shipping me a Bold in 2 business days. How do I get the tracking info?
    06-21-10 04:32 PM
    Well this sucks. So my fedex tracking was from ft. worth, tx and a weight of 3lbs. The weight stayed at 3 and is still that way now. Even the shipping label on the box shows as "3lbs". Yet, its an FRU in a little brown box . Ah well. At least I got the BOLD!!!
    06-21-10 04:36 PM
    so, all the 9630's that were replaced with 9650's. I'm sure your Ne2 was reset, and you now get the new ETF of $325 vs the $175....
    This is completely false.
    Went to Verizon today.....told them my continual problem with the trackball and they are shipping me a Bold in 2 business days. How do I get the tracking info?
    Call Verizon CS and have them pull up your account. They will then be able to provide you with a tracking number.
    Last edited by jorGeorge; 06-21-10 at 04:39 PM.
    06-21-10 04:36 PM
    Well this sucks. So my fedex tracking was from ft. worth, tx and a weight of 3lbs. The weight stayed at 3 and is still that way now. Even the shipping label on the box shows as "3lbs". Yet, its an FRU in a little brown box . Ah well. At least I got the BOLD!!!
    I guess its "semi-confirmed" Fort Worth is shipping FRU (no retail packaging). Did your phone come with a battery cover?
    06-21-10 04:40 PM
    I guess its "semi-confirmed" Fort Worth is shipping FRU (no retail packaging). Did your phone come with a battery cover?
    Yup! Phone w/ battery cover. That's it.
    06-21-10 04:42 PM
    i just got an email regarding 'important information about my replacement device' and it says i'm getting a certified like-new device but the picture shown is a tour. it says 'my phone' next to the picture so we'll see what happens. if they are sending me another tour, it would've been nice for them to have called and informed me so i could tell them not to worry about it.
    I just got that same email and it does mention something
    'certified like new 9630' so maybe they pulled a switcheroo this morning but it has been picked up at 6am, pacific time.

Well, I will see tomorrow.
    06-21-10 04:48 PM
    Yup! Phone w/ battery cover. That's it.
    the way I figure it, do I really need another battery, or another charger (I dont even use the one I have)

Any noticeable flaws with the phone otherwise?
    06-21-10 04:48 PM
    This is completely false.

Call Verizon CS and have them pull up your account. They will then be able to provide you with a tracking number.
    Receiving the bold does not take away your new for every two. You are 100% correct, because I made sure my CSR reiterated that this is a replacement and not a new transaction.

Thx
    06-21-10 04:49 PM
    I checked on my friends tour for replacement. They said that since the phone was not bough directly through them, (another person bought it from vz then I bought it from them) they will not honor the warranty.

Anyone have insight on this? All of the phones are less than one year old and it is a manafacture warranty anyways..
    06-21-10 04:49 PM
    the way I figure it, do I really need another battery, or another charger (I dont even use the one I have)

Everything about it is perfect. No rattle, straight trackpad etc.
    06-21-10 04:50 PM
    I just got that same email and it does mention something
    'certified like new 9630' so maybe they pulled a switcheroo this morning but it has been picked up at 6am, pacific time.

Well, I will see tomorrow.
    mine also says it was picked up at 6am. from ontario, ca. i only live aboout an hour away so hopefully it will be here tomorrow.
    06-21-10 04:50 PM
    Anyone figured out yet if the shipments coming out of Memphis are new devices or FRU's?
    06-21-10 04:56 PM
    Everything about it is perfect. No rattle, straight trackpad etc.
    Note that Ft Worth is where New Breed (the refurbisher) is located. Mine also came from there. No issues at all. The way I look at it is that they are looked at more closely at New Breed than on a production line in Mexico so you could say that it's even better than new condition now.
    06-21-10 04:57 PM

look on ebay for a charger, they have the folding travel chargers for 5.99 free shipping. thats where i got mine.
    06-21-10 05:00 PM
    Damn, has anyone got a new BOLD form Fort Worth, TX or are all of the refurbs. Also is everyone from Fort Worth getting crooked trackpads?
    06-21-10 05:02 PM
    Damn, has anyone got a new BOLD form Fort Worth, TX or are all of the refurbs. Also is everyone from Fort Worth getting crooked trackpads?
    Mine is coming from Ft. Worth also. I don't give a damn whether or not mine is brand new or a refurb, I am appreciative I will no longer have the Tour and won't have to waste my 2 yr. agreement for the Bold.
    06-21-10 05:09 PM
    new breed is in ft worth. their addy is on the return label ur gonna ship ur phone back with .
    06-21-10 05:14 PM
    I got my Refurb Tour from Ft Worth, it was 1LB. My Bold is coming from West Chester, PA and it is 2LB
    06-21-10 05:14 PM
    how much does the tour box weigh?
    06-21-10 05:17 PM
    My bold is 2lb coming from Memphis TN n I wanted know if it a fru or new ??
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 05:17 PM
    how much does the tour box weigh?
    1lb, it comes in a skinny white box and is "certified new"
    06-21-10 05:21 PM
    1lb, it comes in a skinny white box and is "certified new"
    ok. cause according to my tracking my shipment is still 2.0 lbs/.9 kg. hopefully it doesn't change anytime soon and i'm getting the bold rather than another crappy tour.
    06-21-10 05:26 PM
    so i went to pick up my phone since no one was at my house to sign for it. some guy was also at fedex getting a phone. he opened his box there and saw he got a bold but his previous phone was a tour. i got kinda excited. but when i get mine i open it up. tour refurb. oh well. mine came from ft worth and was 1lb.
    06-21-10 05:32 PM
    Just got my replacement for a bad trackball tour. Opened the box and lo and behold I recieved a Bold with the rear cover, no battery or card.....Ya gotta love it!!!!
    06-21-10 05:44 PM
    so i went to pick up my phone since no one was at my house to sign for it. some guy was also at fedex getting a phone. he opened his box there and saw he got a bold but his previous phone was a tour. i got kinda excited. but when i get mine i open it up. tour refurb. oh well. mine came from ft worth and was 1lb.
    I was worried about this happening to me. I got a bit anal on Friday, I got a CSR on the phone to verify which phone was being shipped, as well e-mailing support to verify. I'll believe it when I see it though.
    06-21-10 05:45 PM
2,047 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD