09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    Was anyone not able to track their package but still received it? When I try tracking it on fedex, they can't find it. But the CSR said it was to be shipped out today.

Also I think we need to create a graduation page for all the new BOLD owners since we'll all eventually be leaving the Tour forum
    Last edited by chelseahig; 06-21-10 at 01:39 PM.
    06-21-10 01:36 PM
    sorry for asking so many annoyiong, and probably obvious, questions, but will my tour covers work for the bold? i saw a couple pictures when the bold first came out and the charging jack was a little lower than the tour's...
    Crackberry already covered the situation about cases. Some will works and some wont.

Here is my post about the Seidio Innocase II for the 9630 working on the 9650

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/se...3/#post5261126

Since I didnt want to spend another $30 or so, I went ahead and modified my 9630 Seidio Innocase II since I got a Bold 9650 as a replacement. As we all know, the Bold 9650's charging port was moved up and the 9630 covers it a little where the USB cable goes half way in but still charges.

Gap between charging cable and phone (no case)

Modified case

USB cable and case

Gap is about the same and charger full stays in. I used a multi-purpose snap-off blade cutter. I took the blade clutter and put it in the fire to heat it up. Since the case is made of plastic, the knife will cut through it like butter.
    06-21-10 01:40 PM
    Is there a picture somewhere of one of these "slanted trackpads" people are talking about? Is this something that's really obvious? Would like to compare a photo with mine. Mine seems to be molded to fit my right handed thumb comfortably. Not perfectly flat. Am thinking this is the intended design. If that's the reason that this unit was called FRU then I am happy.
    06-21-10 01:41 PM
    I received my Refurb Tour today, played with it for about 30 minutes and the trackball became greasy and stuck. Called VZW talked to CS/TS and they're sending me a Bold!!!!!!!
    06-21-10 01:41 PM
    Everyone that is having sudden problems are the people that ruin things for customers that actually have issues. Perfect example, 350 ETF on smartphones now because people were buying them, disconnecting and selling them.

Im willing to bet more than half of the people in here crying that their Tour is messed up is full of you know what just because they want a free bold. Now when someone comes into the store will real issues, we will all second guess them and be apprehensive about swapping their phone out at all let alone to a different device because of the 70+ pages of people talking about how they are basically scamming Verizon.

"put dirt on the trackball" "im going to smear vasaline on the trackball" Well im going to laugh when VZW determines that your phone was intentionally damaged and your account gets charged 549.99 for the full price of the "free phone" you think you are getting by trying to scam the company.
    Get over it. These companies do nothing but scam us. How many things have you bought lately that function as advertised? Blackberry Tour, Blackberry Storm, Xbox 360, PS3 (or any Sony product), ANY bluetooth headset, etc. All the stuff these companies sell us is junk. Nothing works how it is supposed to, like the $200 DVD player I bought where the HDMI didn't work with my stereo, that was a good one, with the only solution being to buy another one. I'm sick and tired of being promised the world from these companies and end up buying a bag of dog $h!t. Imagine what would happen if companies sold products that actually worked?

If I had a phone that worked properly, I wouldn't be tempted to attempt this "scam."
    06-21-10 01:45 PM
    I received my Refurb Tour today, played with it for about 30 minutes and the trackball became greasy and stuck. Called VZW talked to CS/TS and they're sending me a Bold!!!!!!!
    so what do you have to send both tours back
    Just called in about mine with the crappy lock/unlock button and they said they are sending me out a new unit. It was not specified whether or not it would be a Tour or a Bold. I honestly don't really care though so long as the replacement is in better shape than my current device.
    Called today, no word of a bold, getting my replacement 1.0lb package from fort worth. Hopefully the trackball goes in all directions on this one (my third tour)
    you will be getting a Bold most likely.

i called on friday evening around 8pm and they stated tours were out of stock. however they didnt say anything about a bold and i never asked. it got shipped out FedEx Saturday from Ft Worth (1lb). scheduled to arrive at my office by 2pm tuesday. im assuming FRU 9650.

i think we will all soon see come wednesday...most of the units shipped were bolds (not tours) if you called the toll free cs line (and didnt go into the store).

i edited this to note that i have seen several people who had the 1lb box get both tours and bolds...so now im a lil nervous!
    Last edited by RedBank; 06-21-10 at 02:36 PM.
    so what do you have to send both tours back
    Yeah, I have the refurb one in the box it came in today. I told the rep that I am going to note which one is the refurb unit and my other one. He said that sounds great. He got a laugh when he looked to see how many Tours I've been through.
    06-21-10 01:49 PM
    This right here is the universal customer attitude. "oh i didnt get what i want? Im going to cancel if i dont get it" Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

10 phones? There is no way that 10 blackberries all actually failed, once you get past 3-4(which is high) thats when we start wondering if it is user error. Usually it is.
    itsthemusic, so you are telling me that it's a user error when my first one gave me a white screen, the second would turn off randomly, the third the headphone jack won't work, and my fourth one, i had trackball problems and that to get my bluetooth radio to turn ON i had to do 4 to 5 battery pulls? Hate to break it to you, but I know many Tour owners (some of them my own co-workers) who have a problem with the Tour. Oh and last time I checked, the Bluetooth would help you be hands-free. I think getting a new device is worth it compared to a $100 to $200 NYC fine.
    06-21-10 01:54 PM
    My husband's tour speaker is crackly and very erratic. We were hoping all of the new updates would fix the problem, but it's still not working right. I would love to try the new Bold but I'm wondering if they're only doing that for the trackball issues ?

Also, looks like today might not be the right day to call for a Bold...
    Not my lucky day Although, the guy really didn't know what was going to be sent. I asked if it was going to be a refurb tour or new and he said he just doesn't know for sure since they were OOS last week. Supposed to be here tomorrow by 10:30am so I guess we will see.
    06-21-10 02:08 PM
    Finally? Pictures have already been posted in this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...ml#post5259175
    yes, i saw that one early on.. wanted to see pictures from this week as further proof

Give Verizon CS a call and they will provide you with a tracking number. The rep I just spoke to said my package would be delivered on Wednesday. After I hung up, I plugged in the tracking number he gave me and saw it was 30 miles from my house. Tomorrow by 3:00 PM!
    thanks
    06-21-10 02:08 PM
    Don't get me wrong I will be happy to be done with this trackball **** with the tour and will gladly take a bold replacement, but what kind of rhyme or reason is there with who gets the new bolds with all the trimmings and who gets the units in the brown box with just a battery door? Seems like there are cases of each out there.
    06-21-10 02:18 PM
    So when I spoke to the rep this morning he didnt specify if it would be a tour or bold. I checked the tracking number and its coming out of Forth Worth and is 1lb. Do we think the CSR have been told to just not mention it upfront (because of the obvious buzz thats been created) and we will find out when the package arrives? Just curious to others thoughts.
    06-21-10 02:25 PM
    Why are you guys calling back to get this info? They tell you what phone it is when they order it and if you provide an email address when you order, they will send you an email with the info.
    I was told to call back to get this information after a specific time of day and I had asked to be emailed, but told that would not happen. Never got an email, but did get the FedEx tracking number from very friendly CSR by phone.
    06-21-10 02:26 PM
    So when I spoke to the rep this morning he didnt specify if it would be a tour or bold. I checked the tracking number and its coming out of Forth Worth and is 1lb. Do we think the CSR have been told to just not mention it upfront (because of the obvious buzz thats been created) and we will find out when the package arrives? Just curious to others thoughts.

My rep didn't mention whether it would be a tour or bold either. But when I called back to ask for a tracking #, the lady noted that it was, in fact, a tour. It would be a wonderful surprise if you turn out to be right though.
    06-21-10 02:30 PM
    Got mine!

New in box, my box was also 2lb from CA.

06-21-10 02:42 PM
    Called about mine today and was told Tour as well. Im starting to think that the Tours are back in stock. Atleast my trackball will be working normal (fingers-crossed) again. I guess we will see how long this one lasts.
    06-21-10 02:45 PM
    My rep didn't mention whether it would be a tour or bold either. But when I called back to ask for a tracking #, the lady noted that it was, in fact, a tour. It would be a wonderful surprise if you turn out to be right though.
    this trend is scary. i noticed someone did in fact get a bold out of tx with a 1lb box. and now ive noticed 2 peeps getting a tour with the same logistics.
    06-21-10 02:48 PM
    called around 12pm NYC time...had to talk to 3 different tech supports...first two told me i'd get another Tour. the second one got in my face after I told him I didnt want a replacement Tour...literally said 3 times "so you want to keep your broken tour instead of letting me replace it for free?" after I made it clear that I refused to take another tour which would undoubtedly acquire trackball problems...last time i checked, i dont call CS to have a Rep try and threaten me into making a certain decision with my phone...

called again, got a woman, and she was happy to help me...replaced it with a bold and shipped it immediately

3.0lb package from Fort Worth...think this will be new or refurbished?
    06-21-10 03:07 PM
    they told me i would be getting the bold on the phone yesterday, but is there a possibility they shipped me another tour instead? guess i won't find out till tomorrow or wednesday :/
    06-21-10 03:07 PM
    called around 12pm NYC time...had to talk to 3 different tech supports...first two told me i'd get another Tour. the second one got in my face after I told him I didnt want a replacement Tour...literally said 3 times "so you want to keep your broken tour instead of letting me replace it for free?" after I made it clear that I refused to take another tour which would undoubtedly acquire trackball problems...last time i checked, i dont call CS to have a Rep try and threaten me into making a certain decision with my phone...

called again, got a woman, and she was happy to help me...replaced it with a bold and shipped it immediately

3.0lb package from Fort Worth...think this will be new or refurbished?
    chances are it's a new one if it says 3lbs. but there's also the possibility that it wil change to the 1lb package as it has for a few others. 1lb is just the phone, no battery, no battery door. 2lbs is the retail package.
    06-21-10 03:09 PM
    Got mine!

New in box, my box was also 2lb from CA.

Just got mine also this morning and it came from the L.A. area and is also a brand new unit. Do you plan on sending all your Tour accessories back with it, or just the phone?
    06-21-10 03:10 PM
    this trend is scary. i noticed someone did in fact get a bold out of tx with a 1lb box. and now ive noticed 2 peeps getting a tour with the same logistics.
    I have a 1lb box from fort worth, tx. VZW told me straight up i was getting a bold.
    06-21-10 03:19 PM
    Pretty sure... But not 100% sure

CA is new devices.

TX is FRU's
    06-21-10 03:23 PM
2,047 ... 4546474849 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD