09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    Called today, no word of a bold, getting my replacement 1.0lb package from fort worth. Hopefully the trackball goes in all directions on this one (my third tour)

huh i called in this morning and even called CS back and i still dont have a tracking number or any word on on what phone ill be getting!
    06-21-10 12:26 PM
    Forgot to mention, we just got these Tours New 2 months ago. So he's not too thrilled by the fact that he will most likely get a refurb after buying a new phone just 2 months ago. That's why we have avoided calling. But, I think I'm going to give it a try here in about an hour. Will report back with results...

Sounds like a hardware issue and quite honestly, I don't know why you wouldn't at least call to get a new Tour. We pay too much money to carry around defective handsets.

Call them-the worst case is you get a new Tour, Best case: a Bold.
    06-21-10 12:32 PM
    I called at 10:47am, got a tracking number via email at 1:22pm

I am just assuming its a tour and don't really mind as long as it works
    06-21-10 12:33 PM
    just got the tracking info for my bold. says it was picked up in ontario, ca. hoping it will be here sometime tomorrow, although it says the estimated delivery date is wednesday. says the package weight is 2lbs., but im not going to hold them to that since i know the ship weights have been flip-flopping these last few days. i'm just excited. i want my new phone! lol
    06-21-10 12:36 PM
    Why are you guys calling back to get this info? They tell you what phone it is when they order it and if you provide an email address when you order, they will send you an email with the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 12:37 PM
    another thing, when i called yesterday to get my new phone, the CSR said they won't have anymore tours till wednesday. may just depend on who you talk to...
    06-21-10 12:38 PM
    To all the expecting fathers...

Congratulations on your arrival of a 2lb package from Ontario, CA, it is a healthy, bouncy...

RETAIL BOX.

Just delivered in Northern NJ
    So, yours shipped clear across country from Calif to NJ and it was the full-deal-meal?

Nice Enjoy.

Mine is expected tomorrow unless a cesaerian brings it early.
    06-21-10 12:39 PM
    Just got my Bold in the mail. 2.0 lbs from Ontario, California. Shipped in full retail packaging, marked as FRU, with ALL the accessories!

It also shipped WITH .732 pre-loaded.
    Thank god we finally get some pictures in this thread.
    06-21-10 12:39 PM
    Forgot to mention, we just got these Tours New 2 months ago. So he's not too thrilled by the fact that he will most likely get a refurb after buying a new phone just 2 months ago. That's why we have avoided calling. But, I think I'm going to give it a try here in about an hour. Will report back with results...
    Some people are just too picky sometimes.

Even if you got the Tour brand new 2 months ago. If this 9650 swap didnt happen and you called to get a replacement Tour, you would be getting a refurbished phone regardless. Anything after 30 days of purchase date, you get a refurbished phone.
    06-21-10 12:41 PM
    Never received my tracking information. Gave them my email address and spelled it for them haha (yesterday afternoon). Rep told me Wednesday though. Fingers crossed for retail box but I could care less.
    06-21-10 12:44 PM
    For all the people that are falsely claiming problems with your phone or are even going and purposely ruining your phones to get replacements.......THANKS to your _____________ us other customers will pay more for future devices.

I wish it were possible for Verizon to track the accounts of you dirtbags and cancel your service or charge you for the phones.

Makes me sick.
    06-21-10 12:48 PM
    Great insight on that. You must have missed my initial post- Speaker NOT working! And, you just restated my second post. I know that. That's why we DO NOT want to call for a replacement, for the likely chance that it will be refurbished, as ours are NEW.

Maybe I shouldn't be so picky about not hearing people on the other end of the phone. My bad...

Some people are just too picky sometimes.

Even if you got the Tour brand new 2 months ago. If this 9650 swap didnt happen and you called to get a replacement Tour, you would be getting a refurbished phone regardless. Anything after 30 days of purchase date, you get a refurbished phone.
    06-21-10 12:51 PM
    Refurbs seem to have a negative stigma to them. I'm on my 4th tour. The first 3 was within the first month of ownership (late July to Aug) and I was a little pissed that I was getting a refurb within the first month but they looked brand new with all the same problems of the new phones. I gave up and dealt with it until people here started to mention the green dot tours. I got mine replaced again and it still wasn't right. Better than before but the trackball gave up at times and wouldn't move anywhere but down. I also got a new problem. The microSD slot was very flaky and now every time I reboot, there's errors on my microSD card. I tried 3 different cards and they all have the same issue. Formatted them on the computer, in the phone and anywhere else I could. I dealt with THAT issue too until I came upon this thread.

The point is, yes there's a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon. I gave VZW 4 chances with this phone (3 for the lemon law?) and gave up because I was sick of backing up and restoring and reconfiguring each time. I'm sure a lot of people gave up and dealt with the issues on their Tour.

Again, I would have no issue if they sent a replacement Tour as long as it worked.
    06-21-10 12:53 PM
    Mine was put in around the same time. Also, I just called customer service to get my tracking number. Mine is being shipped from Ontario, CA and is 2 lbs.
    Awesome, just called and got the tracking number. Shipped from West Chester, PA and is 2.0 lbs. Coming in tomorrow. Sweet!
    06-21-10 12:56 PM
    Thank god we finally get some pictures in this thread.
    Finally? Pictures have already been posted in this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...ml#post5259175

Weight was 2.0lbs/0.9kg
    Shipped from WEST CHESTER, PA

This is what I got in TWO separate boxes. Both came with everything as if you bought it from the store...case, charger, headphones, battery, phone, manual/inserts...

06-21-10 12:57 PM
    I asked for overnight shipping because my tour is in pretty crappy shape. This has been my 5th or 6th tour that they've given me. The last one I received was the worst refurb I've gotten yet. The ball was very slippery and looked greasy since I got it, only lasted 2 days before it got stuck

I think by giving customers the Bold it will help verizon in the long run. I'm sure they were really wasting money with sending a new tour to customers like me who have bad luck and keep getting the trackball stuck.
    06-21-10 12:58 PM
    Never received my tracking information. Gave them my email address and spelled it for them haha (yesterday afternoon). Rep told me Wednesday though. Fingers crossed for retail box but I could care less.
    Give Verizon CS a call and they will provide you with a tracking number. The rep I just spoke to said my package would be delivered on Wednesday. After I hung up, I plugged in the tracking number he gave me and saw it was 30 miles from my house. Tomorrow by 3:00 PM!
    06-21-10 01:01 PM
    Has anyone had their phone ship out of Memphis, Tennessee? I haven't noticed too many people mentioning it.

Looking to see what people are receiving. Mine info is showing a weight on 3lbs.
    06-21-10 01:05 PM
    Finally? Pictures have already been posted in this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...ml#post5259175

Weight was 2.0lbs/0.9kg
    Shipped from WEST CHESTER, PA

This is what I got in TWO separate boxes. Both came with everything as if you bought it from the store...case, charger, headphones, battery, phone, manual/inserts...
    Sweet, looks like what I should be getting tomorrow. It also seems like West Chester is the safest bet for getting new retail boxes.
    06-21-10 01:08 PM
    how am i supposed to ship my tour back to verizon? does it come with a prepaid box or do i have to go to the post office? i don't mind either way, but i'm curious.
    06-21-10 01:10 PM
    To all the expecting fathers...

Congratulations on your arrival of a 2lb package from Ontario, CA, it is a healthy, bouncy...

RETAIL BOX.

Just delivered in Northern NJ
    What about the expecting mothers?
    06-21-10 01:13 PM
    how am i supposed to ship my tour back to verizon? does it come with a prepaid box or do i have to go to the post office? i don't mind either way, but i'm curious.
    Inside the box with Bold is a prepaid shipping label. Once you take out the Bold, put the bold inside the box it came in, tape it up, slap the prepaid sticker on the top and drop it off to a FedEx location or a FedEx drop off box at a USPS.
    06-21-10 01:20 PM
    sorry for asking so many annoyiong, and probably obvious, questions, but will my tour covers work for the bold? i saw a couple pictures when the bold first came out and the charging jack was a little lower than the tour's...
    06-21-10 01:21 PM
    Inside the box with Bold is a prepaid shipping label. Once you take out the Bold, put the bold inside the box it came in, tape it up, slap the prepaid sticker on the top and drop it off to a FedEx location or a FedEx drop off box at a USPS.
    k. thanks for the info
    06-21-10 01:22 PM
    Everyone that is having sudden problems are the people that ruin things for customers that actually have issues. Perfect example, 350 ETF on smartphones now because people were buying them, disconnecting and selling them.

Im willing to bet more than half of the people in here crying that their Tour is messed up is full of you know what just because they want a free bold. Now when someone comes into the store will real issues, we will all second guess them and be apprehensive about swapping their phone out at all let alone to a different device because of the 70+ pages of people talking about how they are basically scamming Verizon.

"put dirt on the trackball" "im going to smear vasaline on the trackball" Well im going to laugh when VZW determines that your phone was intentionally damaged and your account gets charged 549.99 for the full price of the "free phone" you think you are getting by trying to scam the company.
    You know, maybe, just maybe, the problem really is Verizon's or Rim's. They designed a device that deviated from its predecessors. The trackball, an inherent dirt trap canNOT be easily cleaned or replaced unlike the prior models like my former 8830. You could pop off the ring and clean or replace or even verizon could do it easily in the shop in a few minutes. So instead of sticking with a design that allowed access, they redesigned it making access nearly impossible. The entire phone needs to be disassembled jeopardizing wires/connectors, etc.

So before blaming all of us, maybe the design was flawed and the phone was not "suited for its purpose" as a failing trackball makes these devices almost, if not totally, useless.

The devices, at the get-go, were failing in unusual numbers. Users or design? Even those "fixed" are still failing. User or design?

Maybe that's why RIM advised, pull the phones and help the PR battle. Replace them with a phone that should work appropriately.

Okay, enough on that.

SIM CARD issue:

Some of us may have copied phone number or contacts to the card - you can do that even if it is not used outside of the US.. So pull the old card and do not return it with the phone. But I think the cards are generally paired with the shipping phone so use the new card in the new device. or all verizon for more info
    06-21-10 01:33 PM
2,047 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD