09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    just called and was told i'd be getting a new tour. anyone get the bold when calling today?
    06-21-10 12:20 PM
    what was the weight on your tracking screen?
    2lbs/.9kg
    deddddddd
    06-21-10 12:20 PM
    Call started off good. CSR guy said if it's ok with you we'll send you the bold...
    sure.. great.. perfect...
    type type type..
    Oh.. looks like Tour's are back in stock, we'll be sending you one of those instead.. bah.. bring on #10..

ETF is looking pretty attractive right now
    This right here is the universal customer attitude. "oh i didnt get what i want? Im going to cancel if i dont get it" Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

10 phones? There is no way that 10 blackberries all actually failed, once you get past 3-4(which is high) thats when we start wondering if it is user error. Usually it is.
    06-21-10 12:21 PM
    WRONG. You do NOT remove the SIM Card. Replacement phone has its own SIM card. You only remove/swap the MicroSD
    NOT WRONG. If you SIM card is activated because you travel out of the united states, you would swap that too. The SIM in the replacement is not activated.
    06-21-10 12:22 PM
    WRONG. You do NOT remove the SIM Card. Replacement phone has its own SIM card. You only remove/swap the MicroSD
    The rep I spoke to a few days ago told me to make sure I removed the SIM card before mailing back my original device.
    06-21-10 12:25 PM
    NOT WRONG. If you SIM card is activated because you travel out of the united states, you would swap that too. The SIM in the replacement is not activated.
    I can take a correction here and there, but not only is this correct, I've swapped out Blackberries and other Smartphones in the past that have SIM cards. You DO NOT have to send them back your SIM Card, also been given this instruction numerous times by Verizon.
    06-21-10 12:26 PM
    This right here is the universal customer attitude. "oh i didnt get what i want? Im going to cancel if i dont get it" Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

10 phones? There is no way that 10 blackberries all actually failed, once you get past 3-4(which is high) thats when we start wondering if it is user error. Usually it is.
    Probability would like to have a word with you. While not likely, it certainly can happen. A phone that reaches end of life at the one year mark should be a red flag.
    06-21-10 12:34 PM
    just called and was told i'd be getting a new tour. anyone get the bold when calling today?
    Called about 2 hours ago and it looks like I'm getting the Tour. Oh well, as long as my trackball doesn't seize up my phone anymore I'll be happy.
    06-21-10 12:41 PM
    Maybe if someone travels out of the US. However, for someone who doesnt, they have no need to swap it. Not to mention, you can easily get the SIM unlocked again by calling CS. The SIM isnt even used in the US for VZ
    The rep I spoke to a few days ago told me to make sure I removed the SIM card before mailing back my original device.
    Of all the times I called for my 9530, 9630 not once have any of them said to remove SIM card. They only state to keep battery door and battery. They usually dont and sometimes they do mention the memory card but I know to swap it.
    I can take a correction here and there, but not only is this correct, I've swapped out Blackberries and other Smartphones in the past that have SIM cards. You DO NOT have to send them back your SIM Card, also been given this instruction numerous times by Verizon.
    Not to mention, all replacements phones I have had all came with their own SIM. Considering I got a full retail box, I'm keeping the SIM card in the phone it came with so it matches the sticker on the box
    06-21-10 12:41 PM
    Just checked my tracking number, its been picked up from the ONTARIO, CA location, weight listed as 2.0lbs
    06-21-10 12:43 PM
    My husband's tour speaker is crackly and very erratic. We were hoping all of the new updates would fix the problem, but it's still not working right. I would love to try the new Bold but I'm wondering if they're only doing that for the trackball issues ?

Also, looks like today might not be the right day to call for a Bold...
    06-21-10 12:45 PM
    Just checked my tracking number, its been picked up from the ONTARIO, CA location, weight listed as 2.0lbs
    When did you call in and get your order processed? Mine was put in at around 6:30 EST on Saturday and I have yet to receive any email.
    06-21-10 12:49 PM
    Well I see no reason to keep both SIM cards so which one do you keep?

A) Keep the original one in your Tour?
    B) Keep the new one in the Bold?
    C) It truly does not matter and people are arguing over nothing.
    (Especially if you have no plans on going out of the country any time soon)
    06-21-10 12:51 PM
    When did you call in and get your order processed? Mine was put in at around 6:30 EST on Saturday and I have yet to receive any email.
    i never received an email either. call customer service and they will give you a tracking number/order number and info
    06-21-10 12:57 PM
    Well I see no reason to keep both SIM cards so which one do you keep?

A) Keep the original one in your Tour?
    B) Keep the new one in the Bold?
    C) It truly does not matter and people are arguing over nothing.
    (Especially if you have no plans on going out of the country any time soon)
    Nothing is really stored on the SIM card unless you travel overseas.

All replacement phones come with SIM cards. If you're getting a new Bold, leave the SIM card as is and if you're returning the Tour, leave it in there. If they wanted you to take out the SIM card, they wouldnt have inserted one into the phone.
    06-21-10 01:02 PM
    Just received my Bold. Its a little brown bx with just the phone and battery door. It was shipped from FT. Worth, started at 3lbs then went to 1lb. Slanted trackpad and .699.
    06-21-10 01:04 PM
    Just received my Bold. Its a little brown bx with just the phone and battery door. It was shipped from FT. Worth, started at 3lbs then went to 1lb. Slanted trackpad and .699.
    Are you going to try to get a replacement Bold without the trackpad issue now?
    06-21-10 01:10 PM
    fiance just called me and reported that we both got NEW Bolds, with chargers, cases, battaries, doors, headsets, usb cables, microsd cards...in their original boxes.

Both of our shipments were 2.0 lbs/.9 kg originating out of West Chester, PA.

Thanks Verizon!!!
    06-21-10 01:12 PM
    looks like this is what i'll be getting.
    06-21-10 01:15 PM
    My husband's tour speaker is crackly and very erratic. We were hoping all of the new updates would fix the problem, but it's still not working right. I would love to try the new Bold but I'm wondering if they're only doing that for the trackball issues ?

Also, looks like today might not be the right day to call for a Bold...
    Sounds like a hardware issue and quite honestly, I don't know why you wouldn't at least call to get a new Tour. We pay too much money to carry around defective handsets.

Call them-the worst case is you get a new Tour, Best case: a Bold.
    06-21-10 01:16 PM
    Mine was put in around the same time. Also, I just called customer service to get my tracking number. Mine is being shipped from Ontario, CA and is 2 lbs.
    06-21-10 01:16 PM
    So, I just received my new BB Bold! Here is what came:

- A full retail box, including the Bold, new charger, new battery, and basically everything that I got when I purchased my Tour
    - A Standard Battery from VZW (like you would purchase from the store)
    - A wall charger (like you would purchase from the store)

So basically, because my mom and I both got tours, now we have like 3 or 4 of everything...We have 4 batteries, 4 chargers....its crazy... LOL Apparently when VZW decides to be good to its customers, they decide to be REALLY good...LOL
    06-21-10 01:21 PM
    Called today, no word of a bold, getting my replacement 1.0lb package from fort worth. Hopefully the trackball goes in all directions on this one (my third tour)
    06-21-10 01:24 PM

Must be me.. I had 4 in the first month. I actually use my phone to do my job, so yes.. it NEEDS to work.

You're absolutely right isthemusic, I shouldn't complain at all, afterall you're obviously the expert.
    06-21-10 01:25 PM
    Are you going to try to get a replacement Bold without the trackpad issue now?
    Both my wife's Bold and mine have the trackpad like that. Im not going to call in I might stop by a store one day and see what they can do. The more I think about it the more it bothers me. But my wife hasn't said anything about hers
    06-21-10 01:25 PM
2,047 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD