09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 4243444546 ...
tools
    I'm about to call VZW from NYC. My trackball is bad, and I've dealt with it for a few months.

Is there any chance I can still get a Bold upgrade or are they shipping Tours now too? Or is it entirely dependent on what CSR you get?

My point is I don't want to get a new Tour, I'd rather deal with my existing POS Tour if I have to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    06-21-10 10:10 AM
    I call BS on everyone having trackball problems. Sure it will be bad if you do a bunch of crap to it to make it stop working just so you can get a new bold as a replacement.
    i've been living with a trackball issue for months waiting for this type of scenario to call. the pressure sensor under my ball all but stopped working, since scrolling was never an issue I played the waiting game. My benefits are sure to reaped.
    06-21-10 10:14 AM
    I'm about to call VZW from NYC. My trackball is bad, and I've dealt with it for a few months.

Is there any chance I can still get a Bold upgrade or are they shipping Tours now too? Or is it entirely dependent on what CSR you get?

My point is I don't want to get a new Tour, I'd rather deal with my existing POS Tour if I have to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Tours are still out of stock. Give them a call.
    Hey am having a bold ship by wednesday but it 2lb??? Is that the one withe box and accessories or is just the phone as self??

Thanks
    Hey am having a bold ship by wednesday but it 2lb??? Is that the one withe box and accessories or is just the phone as self??

Thanks
    2lb is the new retail box.
    06-21-10 10:15 AM
    I called CS friday and they said my replacement phone will be shipped out on Monday and received tuesday. I haven't received a shipment or confirmation email yet. I called CS back for a tracking number and the lady said they are sending me a BOLD and gave me the tracking number. The tracking number she gave me is the same as my wireless cell number. Was this the same for anyone else? Also when I type my tracking number into fedex.com it says they can't find it. Should I be worried?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-21-10 10:17 AM
    I called twice, the second time she placed the order and it looks like I am receiving a tour? no word on a bold and it was to late to say nevermind again..
    06-21-10 10:18 AM
    Just got my Bold in the mail. 2.0 lbs from Ontario, California. Shipped in full retail packaging, marked as FRU, with ALL the accessories!

It also shipped WITH .732 pre-loaded.
    06-21-10 10:30 AM
    If we get the Bold in retail packaging, what will we be required to send back and what can we keep from the new package?
    06-21-10 10:34 AM
    Just got my Bold in the mail. 2.0 lbs from Ontario, California. Shipped in full retail packaging, marked as FRU, with ALL the accessories!

It also shipped WITH .732 pre-loaded.
    Awesome! can't wait for mine
    06-21-10 10:36 AM
    If we get the Bold in retail packaging, what will we be required to send back and what can we keep from the new package?
    According to the paperwork inside the box, you only have to send back the device itself. Everything else, battery, battery door, etc, you keep.
    06-21-10 10:37 AM
    Mine should be here any second now..

06-21-10 10:43 AM
    how long did it take for them to call back and tell you that they are out of tours? for the ones of you that had that happen?
    06-21-10 10:47 AM
    According to the paperwork inside the box, you only have to send back the device itself. Everything else, battery, battery door, etc, you keep.
    Does that mean we get to keep 2 batterys - 1 from tour, 1 from bold?
    I call BS on everyone having trackball problems. Sure it will be bad if you do a bunch of crap to it to make it stop working just so you can get a new bold as a replacement.
    Ha! Please by all means tell us when your BOLD will be arriving.

To everyone here that has a Bold coming your way, congrats!
    If you have a legit problem and a replacement coming, good for you!
    For the ones that lied about a problem just to to get a Bold, shame on you! Congrats to you as well for seeing a opportunity and siezing it!

I am a VZ customer by choice (Best coverage in my area). I really cannot not complain a whole lot, one or two billng issues that have ALWAYS been rectified and credited back to my account. A few issues with the Tour, some were due to poor quatilty equipment and some due to my own fault. Both instances VZ has been more than quick about replacing my Tour with another one.
    This is a business for them, and as long as they correct any issues you (the customer) may have, then they are doing a good job.

This latest bold campaign is another attempt at correcting a problem, no matter what pretenses your trying to get a replacement for. Its the big ones eating the little ones out there in Cell company competition. ATT is pulling out all of their stops, so why would VZ or any other company not do the same. VZ does not want any customers to defect, so ("make em' happy) I'm happy!!!!!

The recent release of the Iphone is what has caused this whole swap (Imho). If it had not been for that, we All would be recieving replacement Tours.
    My guess is the majority of these Tours returned will be sent off to a 3rd party warranty company to become refurb replacements for the next year maybe at best, then full phase out.
    This is a rather long post but it is most comical reading all of these comments, the reader would think that this is the 1st smartphone to hit the market by some of the comments on here.
    I am not 100% sure but I think some people are even calling in to work so they can stay home to meet the Fedex driver. Ha!
    Last edited by berryloud; 06-21-10 at 10:52 AM. Reason: *SP
    Mine should be here any second now..

Did you pay extra to have yours shipped? Mine shipped from Ontario CA on Friday at 12:37 but it says I don't get it until tomorrow. Ontario CA is 2 hours away from me.
    06-21-10 10:53 AM
    Does that mean we get to keep 2 batterys - 1 from tour, 1 from bold?
    That would be correct. ONLY send the device. You keep the battery, the battery door, the charger, and any other accessories. Don't forget to remove your SIM card and Micro SD card.
    06-21-10 10:54 AM
    Ok...so I just got my tour about 2 months ago and have had the issue with the 'ghost' ringtones and slaggy trackball. Just thought it was me. How do i take care of this upgrade/warranty thing and will they charge me for this?
    06-21-10 11:03 AM
    Never got an e-mail, tracking number or order number. but CSR said i'll be getting my bold tues. Anyone know why i'm not getting any e-mails? i called Saturday morning
    06-21-10 11:04 AM
    Ha! Please by all means tell us when your BOLD will be arriving.

To everyone here that has a Bold coming your way, congrats!
    If you have a legit problem and a replacement coming, good for you!
    For the ones that lied about a problem just to to get a Bold, shame on you! Congrats to you as well for seeing a opportunity and siezing it!

I am a VZ customer by choice (Best coverage in my area). I really cannot not complain a whole lot, one or two billng issues that have ALWAYS been rectified and credited back to my account. A few issues with the Tour, some were due to poor quatilty equipment and some due to my own fault. Both instances VZ has been more than quick about replacing my Tour with another one.
    This is a business for them, and as long as they correct any issues you (the customer) may have, then they are doing a good job.

This latest bold campaign is another attempt at correcting a problem, no matter what pretenses your trying to get a replacement for. Its the big ones eating the little ones out there in Cell company competition. ATT is pulling out all of their stops, so why would VZ or any other company not do the same. VZ does not want any customers to defect, so ("make em' happy) I'm happy!!!!!

The recent release of the Iphone is what has caused this whole swap (Imho). If it had not been for that, we All would be recieving replacement Tours.
    My guess is the majority of these Tours returned will be sent off to a 3rd party warranty company to become refurb replacements for the next year maybe at best, then full phase out.
    This is a rather long post but it is most comical reading all of these comments, the reader would think that this is the 1st smartphone to hit the market by some of the comments on here.
    I am not 100% sure but I think some people are even calling in to work so they can stay home to meet the Fedex driver. Ha!

Everyone that is having sudden problems are the people that ruin things for customers that actually have issues. Perfect example, 350 ETF on smartphones now because people were buying them, disconnecting and selling them.

Im willing to bet more than half of the people in here crying that their Tour is messed up is full of you know what just because they want a free bold. Now when someone comes into the store will real issues, we will all second guess them and be apprehensive about swapping their phone out at all let alone to a different device because of the 70+ pages of people talking about how they are basically scamming Verizon.

"put dirt on the trackball" "im going to smear vasaline on the trackball" Well im going to laugh when VZW determines that your phone was intentionally damaged and your account gets charged 549.99 for the full price of the "free phone" you think you are getting by trying to scam the company.
    06-21-10 11:05 AM
    I just called in and was told it was my lucky day that I was going to get the new Bold. Then as the CSR was entering in my info they told me they had some bad news for me. I wasn't going to get the new Bold. Their system is now showing that Tours are available and that I will be getting a Tour. Oh well.....hopefully this one works better than my last one.
    06-21-10 11:05 AM
    Just got my Bold in the mail! Full retail packaging!
    06-21-10 11:06 AM
    Just got my Bold in the mail! Full retail packaging!
    what was the weight on your tracking screen?
    06-21-10 11:13 AM
    Call started off good. CSR guy said if it's ok with you we'll send you the bold...
    sure.. great.. perfect...
    type type type..
    Oh.. looks like Tour's are back in stock, we'll be sending you one of those instead.. bah.. bring on #10..

ETF is looking pretty attractive right now
    06-21-10 11:18 AM
    That would be correct. ONLY send the device. You keep the battery, the battery door, the charger, and any other accessories. Don't forget to remove your SIM card and Micro SD card.
    WRONG. You do NOT remove the SIM Card. Replacement phone has its own SIM card. You only remove/swap the MicroSD
    06-21-10 11:19 AM
2,047 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD