09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    My replacement Bold is coming tomorrow but I was wondering if I have problems with or lost/break (i have insurance) this Bold in the future, will it be replaced with a Tour or a Bold.
    Once you get your bold and Activate it, that becomes your device in Verizon's system. If you need to later on get it replaced, they will replace it with a Bold.
    06-21-10 09:49 AM
    Since this thread is absurdly long, I figured I would just ask at the end and anyone who knows can chime in. My shipment details say the weight is 2.0 lbs/.9 kg. Have you all reached a consensus about whether this means I will be getting a brand new 9650 or if it is a refurbished, or any other info?
    06-21-10 09:49 AM
    Since this thread is absurdly long, I figured I would just ask at the end and anyone who knows can chime in. My shipment details say the weight is 2.0 lbs/.9 kg. Have you all reached a consensus about whether this means I will be getting a brand new 9650 or if it is a refurbished, or any other info?
    2 lbs mean you're getting a Tour and not a Bold.

In all seriousness though, no consensus yet, but seems most are saying 2 lbs will end up being retail box. No verification yet, so let us know what you get!
    06-21-10 09:52 AM
    The answers to this question is all over the board, my curiosity is up as well about my package. This question has been asked no less than 25 times. Patience man patience. It is what it is. We all should be happy that this event is occuring. So hang in there we will all will find out before the week is up.
    06-21-10 09:55 AM
    so yeah i guess all tour trackballs suck! as i have said before my phone was working great that is untill last night! my trackball completely took a crap! just got off the phone with a csr and they are shipping me a new phone should be here tomorrow! she didnt say what phone it will be so i guess ill just wait and see!

oh and alls she asked was if i had tried a shoft reset, said i had and she said that she figured that wouldnt help anything
    Last edited by schwedler28; 06-21-10 at 10:00 AM.
    06-21-10 09:58 AM
    My phone has been sitting at FedEX in Newark NJ for 24+ hours, and has managed to drop from 3 to 1 lb during its stay. Guess I'm getting a bare phone. Oh well.
    Weird. Mine went from 1lb to 2lbs while sitting in Newark since Saturday. I'm starting to think the weight on the tracking info is irrelevant...
    06-21-10 10:00 AM
    My tracking info was updated @ 6am.

Jun 21, 2010 6:00 AM Picked up WEST CHESTER, PA
    Jun 21, 2010 6:00 AM Arrived at FedEx location NEWARK, NJ

0_o

Package is still 2lbs for those that are curious. ETA is still 6/23.
    06-21-10 10:01 AM
    So I feel like i'm 8 years old on christmas eve (without the snow). I just want my new phone! As its relevant, is there a way to get the signature form fedex before-hand? From what I've read you leave a signed note including the tracking number, but thats spotty. I was planning on printing the tracking page, and writing a note to leave the package on that.
    06-21-10 10:06 AM
    wierd that csr just called me back to only tell me to remember to take the sd card out of my old phone before sending it back!!..... DUH
    Mine comes today, but not sure what time. I may not be home cuz I found out only a hour ago I got a work meeting to go to. Gonna ask FEDEX to put it with my neighbor :/

0_o

I have the same exact info but my weight is 2.0 lbs/.9 kg.

Arrival date is Wednesday the 23rd. Usually when something is in Newark I get it the next day as I'm in NYC. Weird. Can't wait for it.

0_o

Same exact tracking info.

I just wonder why it takes until Tues to get to MA if it can go from PA to NJ instantly
    06-21-10 10:07 AM

0_o

My tracking info is the same EXCEPT mine is 1lb...why would they send different items from the same place??

Also, has anyone else already received their BOLD replacement that was shipped out of West Chester, PA? Did you receive just the FRU or full retail replacement?
    06-21-10 10:11 AM
    Not *exactly* relevant to this thread, but I've learned over time, that if you pay for 2 or 3 day shipping with Fedex, that is what you get, even if your package has to sit around the corner from you for 2 days. They don't seem to want people getting "overnight" for 2 or 3 day pricing.

UPS on the other hand, let's you game the system by seeing what zone you are in and where you are shipping to determine what level of service to pay for. I've frequently gotten 5 day ground items in 2 days or less with UPS.
    06-21-10 10:13 AM
    My Bold has gotten to Londonderry NH as of this morning. It's "supposed" to arrive tomorrow, but it could potentially make it today.......
    My Bold arrived at my local Fedex this morning too which is only 20 minutes away but the Estimated Delivery is set for tomorrow. The the tracking on the bottom said "Package not due for delivery" in the Details. I called Fedex CS and asked.

If your Estimated Delivery is tomorrow then it's coming tomorrow and not today. They have thousands of other packages to deliver before ours. And you can't even go pick it up today. Verizon requires Fedex to attempt one delivery before allowing customers to pick up. This is what the Fedex person said at least.

This is such a tease.

So I feel like i'm 8 years old on christmas eve (without the snow). I just want my new phone! As its relevant, is there a way to get the signature form fedex before-hand? From what I've read you leave a signed note including the tracking number, but thats spotty. I was planning on printing the tracking page, and writing a note to leave the package on that.
    And I specifically asked Fedex about that. It can just be any plain piece of paper with your signature and stating that you can leave it wherever you specify but if you feel uneasy and want the guy to have no doubts, go ahead and leave any extra information including the actual tracking number or the page printout. Nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by Kevin9664; 06-21-10 at 10:23 AM.
    06-21-10 10:14 AM
    Mine will arrive to work in the next two hours probably. Too bad I'm off. Almost tempted to go pick it up.
    06-21-10 10:22 AM
    To all the expecting fathers...

Congratulations on your arrival of a 2lb package from Ontario, CA, it is a healthy, bouncy...

RETAIL BOX.

Just delivered in Northern NJ
    06-21-10 10:27 AM

Congratulations on your arrival of a 2lb package from Ontario, CA, it is a healthy, bouncy...

RETAIL BOX.

Mine should be here soon!
    06-21-10 10:31 AM
    Called the tech support cuz I've been having OS and trackball issues this is my 3rd 9630.. they trouble shoot me and told me that they can send me out a tour within 2 business days. I asked them about getting a new bold instead since this is my 3rd phone and they said that they can only exchange with the same phone or ship out a bold and charge my account $200..

06-21-10 10:35 AM

RETAIL BOX.

with a confirmed retail box, do we have any confirmed plain phones missing door and battery?
    06-21-10 10:39 AM
    Called the tech support cuz I've been having OS and trackball issues this is my 3rd 9630.. they trouble shoot me and told me that they can send me out a tour within 2 business days. I asked them about getting a new bold instead since this is my 3rd phone and they said that they can only exchange with the same phone or ship out a bold and charge my account $200..

That's really sad- I just got off the phone with VZW and they said they are sending me the bold. I do indeed have intermittent trackball issues- as i'm sure every tour owner does; she originally said she was sending me a refurbished tour and would over night it.
    I gave the address and she placed the order, put me on hold and came back and said there's been a change. They are sending the bold instead! (YAY)

Perhaps you need to try again and just play out the conversation. Have the order placed and go through it all until the end when they say there are no more 9630s.
    06-21-10 10:42 AM
    if i call CS back can they tell me what phone im being shipped tomorrow

i can only think its gonna be a bold because i just did an online chat with vzw and they said there are no tours available in my area and im in iowa
    Last edited by schwedler28; 06-21-10 at 10:53 AM.
    06-21-10 10:43 AM
    if i call CS back can they tell me what phone im being shipped tomorrow
    Yes, they should be able to see what device they have sent.
    06-21-10 10:51 AM
    I was in China for a few weeks. I had some voice problems in Shanghai and Beijing and data problems in Beijing but blamed it on the service in China. When I returned I couldnt connect to the internet at all. Spent 45 minutes on the phone and went through multiple "tiers" of customer service and they got it working but it was still spotty. Throughout the weekend my mobile voice dropped altogether for signifigant amounts of time and the internet was in and out. Called this morning and after another 40 minutes troubleshooting my Bold will arrive Wednesday. I sure hope the grass is greener on the other side.
    06-21-10 10:57 AM
    I call BS on everyone having trackball problems. Sure it will be bad if you do a bunch of crap to it to make it stop working just so you can get a new bold as a replacement.
    06-21-10 11:09 AM
2,047 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD