09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    on the phone i don't know but on the battery it appears to be on the bottom near the electrical connectors
    OK. My battery has a white rectangle with a single red stripe. Good or bad? Most pics of the D-X1 batteries on ebay show the same stripe...
    06-20-10 09:15 PM
    If I were you I'd buy the replacement stickers. It's not worth a $500 gamble...
    06-20-10 09:16 PM
    I think a "solid" red stripe is fine - if it gets damp, the ink runs or spreads and that's how they tell it got wet - I THINK. And you do not have to return the battery so it would be the other indicator. And if it is a dye that runs, then drying it out will not fix the spreadout ink.
    Thank you! Thought so...
    06-20-10 09:17 PM
    I got my Shipment notification order this morning at 10:55am. I placed my order yesterday around 1:00pm. The FedEx site doesn't have a weight on it yet. When do you suppose it will say the weight? It is coming from Mephis, TN. It has also now "arrived at the FedEx location" in Mephis.
    06-20-10 09:21 PM
    I'm curious. Has anyone been told they were getting a replacement tour but actually get a bold in the mail? I can only hope.
    06-20-10 09:22 PM
    I got my Shipment notification order this morning at 10:55am. I placed my order yesterday around 1:00pm. The FedEx site doesn't have a weight on it yet. When do you suppose it will say the weight? It is coming from Mephis, TN. It has also now "arrived at the FedEx location" in Mephis.
    Should get an update over the next 12-24 hours, maybe sooner. Really no way to tell.
    06-20-10 09:22 PM
    ROFL!!! Checkout the Verizon site, Smartphones, Cell Phones, Mobile Phones at Verizon Wireless and see why Verizon isn't replacing many Bold 9650s. It ain't listed. They don't sell it. OTOH Tour 9630 is still listed

Now checkout who sells the 9650, BlackBerry - Bold Where to Buy - Buy BlackBerry Bold 9650, 9700, 9000 - US & Canada - notice a well known cellco is not listed?
    Verizon Wireless dot com lists and sells the Bold 9650 with and without camera for $149 after rebate and has BOGO (Buy One, Get One free). VZW is currently listing "Out of Stock" for the Tour 9630s on their website.

BlackBerry.com does list Verizon Wireless for the Bold 9650 under "Where to Buy" as well.
    06-20-10 09:34 PM
    last week only Sprint was shown on there.
    06-20-10 09:46 PM
    I still am not sure of something, and maybe it warrants a call when my bold arrives.....if I get a fully boxed Bold with all the accessories, what am I supposed to send back? Just the bare phone or all my original tour accessories?????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 10:04 PM
    Random question: anyone here experienced with using wifi internationally? I could use some help if you don't mind.
    06-20-10 10:15 PM
    I still am not sure of something, and maybe it warrants a call when my bold arrives.....if I get a fully boxed Bold with all the accessories, what am I supposed to send back? Just the bare phone or all my original tour accessories?????
    I am not 100% sure what the right answer is, but I can tell you that a few months ago when Verizon replaced with wife's first tour with another Tour, they sent the full package - accessories, battery, cables, chanrger, manuals and so on (even thought they said we would only get the phone - nothing else). I only sent back the Tour (including the battery since there was one with the new/replacement phone) and never heard boo from them. They seemed fine with what I sent back.

Like everyone else, I am now waiting for the Bold 9650 to replace my wife's current Tour. I was clearly told that it would only be the phone - no rear cover and no battery. It will be interesting to see what really comes.
    06-20-10 10:16 PM
    I got my order in Fri Night around 7:30 Pacific got an email today with a tracking number saying it shipped, but fedex has says number is not found... so I wonder if it really did ship... got the notice 5hrs ago

They said I would get a "like new Bold" not sure assuming that means FRU...
    i got my shipment confirmation email today also and i called on Friday night too around 7:30pm Pacific

it means fed ex has the package but it will be sent out first thing tomorrow morning..

go check after 8 am pacific time and you will see it on truck
    06-20-10 10:32 PM
    I am not 100% sure what the right answer is, but I can tell you that a few months ago when Verizon replaced with wife's first tour with another Tour, they sent the full package - accessories, battery, cables, chanrger, manuals and so on (even thought they said we would only get the phone - nothing else). I only sent back the Tour (including the battery since there was one with the new/replacement phone) and never heard boo from them. They seemed fine with what I sent back.

Like everyone else, I am now waiting for the Bold 9650 to replace my wife's current Tour. I was clearly told that it would only be the phone - no rear cover and no battery. It will be interesting to see what really comes.
    i would say just phone, they prob will just throw away the accessories. all the reps say for replacement is phone. so just phone, toss in the back if u want. but dont send the accessories. and if u call u may blow ur score
    06-20-10 10:42 PM
    so Im getting one package from Forth Worth, TX and the other from Ontario.
    Anyone else get theirs from Forth Worth...Im curious as to which box it comes in. retail or FRU? The one from Fort Worth is 3 lbs. and the Ontario package is 2 lbs.
    06-20-10 10:56 PM
    Anyone else get theirs from Forth Worth...Im curious as to which box it comes in. retail or FRU? The one from Fort Worth is 3 lbs. and the Ontario package is 2 lbs.
    Mine is coming from Fort Worth as well. However, I called a rep today and asked what they sent me and she said, seems like we sent you another Tour. :/ My package is 1lb however
    06-20-10 11:00 PM
    Both are most likely new retail boxes. FRU packages weigh only 1 pound.
    06-20-10 11:03 PM
    Interesting, I'm scheduled for delivery tomorrow so I'll let you guys know!
    06-20-10 11:11 PM
    Interesting, I'm scheduled for delivery tomorrow so I'll let you guys know!
    Me too, when did you place the order? I called in Friday at 730pm est
    06-20-10 11:13 PM
    Both are most likely new retail boxes. FRU packages weigh only 1 pound.
    i just put my tour back in the box (i kept everything lol) and i put the charger and everything that comes with it back in the box and weighted it. and it weighs 1.8oz so yea 2lbs. but it just will squeeze in 2lbs put in a fedex box. i can see some even being rated at 3lbs. but 1lb is just phone. over 1 is whole deal.
    06-20-10 11:17 PM
    So I called about 20 minutes ago. They are sending me the Bold, I asked her what I send back she said the Tour shell. So I am keeping everything else regardless of what comes lol. Also, when she set the replacement up she said :"I dont know if you have heard but we are replacing Tours with the new Bold as the manufacturer messed up our inventory and didnt send us any Tours." I asked her if it was RIM trying to get the junk Tours off the market and she said she didnt know. But apparently Verizon knows people are going to be calling in replacing now that they know they will get a Bold. But whether or not they are on to it, it doesnt seem like there is anything they can do. So call and get your Bolds, until they either do get Tours back, or well, until all the Tours are replaced with Bolds because RIM actually does care haha.
    06-20-10 11:19 PM
    What does matter if you get a full retail box or a fru? First off, the phone hasn't even been out a full month. Second, its free. Third, its ****ing free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 11:20 PM
    so i got my email this morning and it does not specify the weight of the package any one else experiencing this? mine says its coming from MEMPHIS ETA 23 by 4 30
    06-20-10 11:27 PM
    so i got my email this morning and it does not specify the weight of the package any one else experiencing this? mine says its coming from MEMPHIS ETA 23 by 4 30
    same here , the weight will populate later on in their system. its too soon to know for some odd reason. i even called fedex to see if they knew the weight and they said its too soon yet. so i should and you should know tommorow.
    06-20-10 11:30 PM
    good to know that what i was thinking cuss it realy hasnt left yet lol
    06-20-10 11:32 PM
    I could be wrong but my guess from what I have been noticing is that the new Bolds are 2lbs and coming from Canada and the FRU Bolds are 1lb and coming from within the US.

And of course people should be picky about getting a new Bold or like-new Bold but there's nothing wrong with hoping to get an extra charger to maybe put at your work so you leave at 5pm with your phone fully charged and even an extra battery for those nights when it rounds closing time and your cellular radio is already off.

I bought a spare battery off eBay and I can't tell you how many times it has saved me. Now I never go out without it. Just having it gives me one less thing to worry about.

Also, I feel like RIM is taking all the old Tours and not redistributing them within Verizon but maybe selling them to 3rd party vendors or maybe overseas.
    Last edited by Kevin9664; 06-21-10 at 12:15 AM.
    06-21-10 12:13 AM
2,047 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD