09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    Can anyone let me know if this is a temporary thing Verizon is doing? Are they only doing this because refurbished tours ran low, or is this the official change now?

Would appreciate any info...
    06-20-10 07:50 PM
    I just got my tracking number, same as above, not found on fedex website, so I dont know the shipping weight yet. I do hope I get the full retail but if not no biggie. I should have mine by Tuesday, or Wednesday at the latest
    06-20-10 07:53 PM
    Can anyone let me know if this is a temporary thing Verizon is doing? Are they only doing this because refurbished tours ran low, or is this the official change now?

Would appreciate any info...
    Probably speculation for most of us on this board. This is nothing but a guess, however I suspect that it depends on what they are going to do with the ton of Tour's that are being sent in as a result of this exchange. If they are going to dump all these then maybe they will continue this program, however I am sure there is nothing that could stop them from fixing these returned units and sending them out the door again.
    06-20-10 07:58 PM
    For those not knowing what was ordered/do not have your tracking numbers:

I called in to get a replacement around 11am Friday and still to this day havent received an e-mail about anything. I called Saturday morning and a very nice rep gave me the tracking number. I also asked what the order was for to make sure it is correct. He said looks like its a 9650 being sent to you by Tuesday (hopefully tomorrow because its already here waiting in nyc!).

Best of luck to everyone else receiving Bold replacements! Its been a long "tour" and im looking forward to seeing you all over on the bold forum
    06-20-10 08:04 PM
    i got the bold replacement coming tues
    my daughter got the tour just wet enough on the
    botttom to turn the indicator red on phone and battery.
    If i send it back will they accept it or charge me.

I know it would be a guess but what do u think
    06-20-10 08:20 PM
    Eeek. Could very well be chargable. I know my rep specifically told me that when they got it back they could check for physical damage, or water damage. Many people on here though have said they only do random inspections. I guess just pray yours isnt one of them.
    06-20-10 08:25 PM
    Just out of curiosity, where are the "water detectors"? My Tour has never been wet that I know of, but I wouldn't even know where to look...

Can someone post a pic?
    06-20-10 08:25 PM
    For those wondering about tracking numbers, I called Friday around 6pm EST. They just emailed me my tracking number this afternoon - I guess they're prepping stuff to go out the door Monday!
    06-20-10 08:26 PM
    maybe they will maybe they wont hard to say really.
    I called back in tonight and I got a really nice rep who said they would replace the phone under warranty and they had made a change with the Tour's trackball and I would be getting a refurbished tour. I was alittle upset and when she tried to put the order through she said, oh I forgot we ran out of Tours so we will replace it with a Bold free of charge. Should be here by Wednesday!! I can't wait!!!!
    the indicators are on the left of the phone
    under the battery door and next to the
    contacts on the battery
    06-20-10 08:31 PM
    My friend called because his Tour has really bad trackball issues and he was told by a rep that RIM had made the decision to allow Verizon to replace Tours with the new Bolds.
    Don't know if this is just a rep talking to much or a true fact. But by the way things are going I believe the rep.
    06-20-10 08:33 PM
    I called back in tonight and I got a really nice rep who said they would replace the phone under warranty and they had made a change with the Tour's trackball and I would be getting a refurbished tour. I was alittle upset and when she tried to put the order through she said, oh I forgot we ran out of Tours so we will replace it with a Bold free of charge. Should be here by Wednesday!! I can't wait!!!!
    It will be interesting (or scary) to see what Verizon will do with all these Tour's that will be coming in the door in the coming weeks!
    06-20-10 08:33 PM
    the indicators are on the left of the phone
    under the battery door and next to the
    contacts on the battery
    OK. I have a little white square on the phone body, and a white square with a red stripe on the battery. Good or bad? If the red stripe = water, I'll have to get a new battery before I return the unit...
    06-20-10 08:47 PM
    i got mine earler today(tracking numb). it has been picked up from tn. and ive gotten new phones that have been sent from tn so i donno. weight hasnt' been put on yet. it just got to the fedex sort facitlity @ 8pm tonite.
    06-20-10 08:48 PM
    i got mine earler today(tracking numb). it has been picked up from tn. and ive gotten new phones that have been sent from tn so i donno. weight hasnt' been put on yet. it just got to the fedex sort facitlity @ 8pm tonite.
    When was your order processed with the rep?
    06-20-10 08:51 PM
    When was your order processed with the rep?
    it was processed fri nite at around 1020pm-ish.

and betman

u can buy new wet stickers!!!

2 WATER DAMAGE INDICATOR RED DOT WET CELL PHONE STICKER - eBay (item 150351465179 end time Jul-06-10 19:57:56 PDT)
    06-20-10 08:53 PM
    if u get the full box just send back the new battery
    the red stripe does mean the battery got wet. or send no battery
    and hope they dont charge u for the batt...
    06-20-10 08:53 PM
    i was told to tru white out on the phone indicator
    sounds bizzare but all of this is to some extent
    06-20-10 08:55 PM
    i got the bold replacement coming tues
    my daughter got the tour just wet enough on the
    botttom to turn the indicator red on phone and battery.
    If i send it back will they accept it or charge me.

I know it would be a guess but what do u think
    I have found this in more then one place using google...i haven't tried it, but it's worth a shot. They say it will remove all moister and reset to indicators.

with phone turned off and fully together, stick it in a bag of dry uncooked rice for 12-24 hours.

Again have never tried, but you have time and it is worth a shot.
    06-20-10 08:58 PM
    Just out of curiosity, where are the "water detectors"? My Tour has never been wet that I know of, but I wouldn't even know where to look...

Can someone post a pic?
    on the phone i don't know but on the battery it appears to be on the bottom near the electrical connectors
    06-20-10 09:00 PM
    fhe phone is fine i dont think it really got
    wet just water seeped up from the table
    counter and turned the indicator red.
    06-20-10 09:04 PM
    fhe phone is fine i dont think it really got
    wet just water seeped up from the table
    counter and turned the indicator red.
    K...just figured I would through it out there, since they say it will change the indicators back... again I don't know, I haven't tried it.
    06-20-10 09:06 PM
    I think a "solid" red stripe is fine - if it gets damp, the ink runs or spreads and that's how they tell it got wet - I THINK. And you do not have to return the battery so it would be the other indicator. And if it is a dye that runs, then drying it out will not fix the spreadout ink.
    06-20-10 09:08 PM
    thank u F2 thats encouraging so u dont
    think much of the white trick ?
    06-20-10 09:13 PM
2,047 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD