09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Just called 10 minutes ago. I truly have had the trackball issue for a couple of weeks and took it to a Verizon store. They did nothing but spray compressed air in it and said they didn't have any more Tours left in stock.

Now, I have a new Bold coming to me tomorrow by 10:30 am. BOOOOOYAAAAAAAAA.
    06-17-10 05:07 PM
    Just called 10 minutes ago. I truly have had the trackball issue for a couple of weeks and took it to a Verizon store. They did nothing but spray compressed air in it and said they didn't have any more Tours left in stock.

Now, I have a new Bold coming to me tomorrow by 10:30 am. BOOOOOYAAAAAAAAA.
    What kind of trouble shooting did they try to go over with you on the phone?

What do you tell them it does when they ask?
    06-17-10 05:15 PM
    Love my Tour.
    06-17-10 05:22 PM
    Think if I tell them my 8330 trackball stopped working is they would send me a Bold?
    06-17-10 05:35 PM
    I'm going to be honest, I kind of feel bad for the 9650 owners out there who dropped $200 on this device instead of waiting a week or so longer and getting it for free. Don't let word of this get into the 9650 forum!
    06-17-10 05:40 PM
    I'm going to be honest, I kind of feel bad for the 9650 owners out there who dropped $200 on this device instead of waiting a week or so longer and getting it for free. Don't let word of this get into the 9650 forum!
    That is an excellent point LMAO

Then again everyone said don't upgrade just for wifi trackpad and memory
    06-17-10 05:42 PM
    Ok so I have a question....

I bought my tour on ebay along with all my phones.
    I dont have insurance on them...
    Can i pay like a hundred bucks or so and get a replacement phone through verizon without insurance?

Thanks in advance
    06-17-10 05:45 PM
    You probably will be out of luck on the insurance thing. You can always call Verizon if you are having an issue and see if they will replace it. Some reps will while others won't if you arent the original owner of the device.

Can't hurt to try.
    06-17-10 05:47 PM
    Alright thank you so much.... I figured this so I will try tomorrow

Do you have any idea how much the replacement would cost?
    06-17-10 05:52 PM
    Wow, crazy thread. I guess I am different, I would be mad if they sent me a different phone. My cases wouldn't work and possibly other accessories. I guess I am alone in the thought that I hope nothing happens to my phone since they don't have actual replacements. Maybe they will start getting some since there seems to be a lot of people that are giving up perfectly good phones so they can get a Bold instead. I can't wait for the new thread, "so I got a Bold as a replacement phone and this is what is wrong...". Hope it works out for everyone, but I hope they keep some tours for those of us that would actually like to replace a tour with a tour.
    06-17-10 05:57 PM
    I'm wondering how many of these "refurbished" devices have actually been sent back and then gone through inspection to be classified as "certified-like new". The rep I spoke to last night said she hadn't received a SINGLE technical support call about the 9650, meaning that she has yet to replace a 9650. Of course that is just one rep, but it sounds like most of these devices being sent out are brand new.

That leads me to my next question...If the device is still brand new, will they still rip it out of it's original packaging and put it in one of those minimal cardboard holders? My tracking information says the package is only 1.0 pound, so I'm assuming it will be in the typical refurb package. Must be a big hassle (and waste of money) to have to open all those new boxes just because they temporarily ran out of Tours. Trust me, there is no way they would WANT to be giving away brand new 9650s. They are losing money with this.
    06-17-10 06:14 PM
    Wow! I am shocked at the dishonesty and fraud. I will be waiting until my contract is up.
    06-17-10 06:15 PM
    Sounds great. What Trackball problem did you complain about? just horizontal or another issue?
    It was horizontal and click. Clicking the ball never did anything
    06-17-10 06:17 PM
    It just ain't right to do it when there is nothing wrong with your phone except that you want a new one.
    06-17-10 06:18 PM
    I would like to shake the person's hand that started this thread. I have my Bold on the way. Are the supposed to be that much better than the tour? if so, what ways. battery life, OS, what? thanks!!
    Consider it shaked! Thanks!
    06-17-10 06:20 PM
    This thread should be closed and or deleted in my eyes it is helping promote fraud.
    06-17-10 06:20 PM
    I just called and my Bold is being shipped. He told me to keep my Tour's battery, battery cover, and charger to use with the Bold though. I guess that means it will be a refurb Bold? Was anyone else told this? I wouldn't think they would have refurbs this soon after the phone was released.
    06-17-10 06:22 PM
    Moderators should close this thread encouraging people to commit fraud!!!!!!!
    06-17-10 06:27 PM
    For the few getting Bolds, you must have had previous replacements of your Tour through GerBizon. There is plenty of refurbished stock in the midwest.
    You have to of had at least 2, perhaps 3 for VZW to consider a swap from Tour to Bold. Otherwise, they will simply encourage you to do an early upgrade to the Bold for $149.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 06:27 PM
    Yah I'd like a free new bold but I really can't get myself to lie to get it. Instead I'm hoping so$ething goes wrong soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 06:31 PM
    I'm not sure it is fraud as much as it is a way of getting a replacement that won't have the same problem as the phone you send in within a few weeks. At least for me...
    06-17-10 06:32 PM
    Sounds like a good time to pull the parent card and take that Bold and give the son your Tour.

But yes, many are reporting this shortage, they are probably trying to push the Bold so they can put the Tour issues in the past.
    Haha--good call! Let me move to areas with no Tours in stock so I can replace mine. Otherwise...2 more years and counting..*sigh*
    06-17-10 06:32 PM
    I just called and my Bold is being shipped. He told me to keep my Tour's battery, battery cover, and charger to use with the Bold though. I guess that means it will be a refurb Bold? Was anyone else told this? I wouldn't think they would have refurbs this soon after the phone was released.
    What issue were you having with your tour? or what did u describe to them?

I do not believe it is a bold. I was having a problem with my tour within the first month of purchasing, and release date. They sent it to me in the brown refurb box.. I told them that I thought it was unfair I was getting a refurb within the first 30 days of purchase as I could have returned it. They assured me that there was not a chance it was a refurb.. Just because thats the way their replacement thing works..
    06-17-10 06:33 PM
    Moderators should close this thread encouraging people to commit fraud!!!!!!!
    If you are referring to the handful of posts encouraging fraud, then yes, they should be deleted. No reason to close this thread. Not everyone here is trying to screw Verizon. I personally am on my fourth 9630. I got it in December and I've been dealing with trackball problems ever since. Nothing major, but issues still persist. After trying other refurbished devices, I finally realized I would never come across the perfect device...until now. After seeing this thread I can finally have a device without the same frustrating problem. I mean, even the rep I spoke to last night was giddy to hand me a Bold after I explained my issues. EVEN SHE told me she was on her fourth 9630.

Bottom line, don't make assumptions.
    06-17-10 06:34 PM
    Just called in for my dad and got him a bold too. His phone had problems with the ttrackball but not too bad but might as well get a new one.

BTW ill pay anyone $25 for the upc off the box of their new bold box plus the phone number the bold is on. Ill papal the money after I get the rebate ( I hv my ways of getting the rebates ;-))
    06-17-10 06:35 PM
2,047 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD