09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    monster,

wait 15 mins call back thats what i had to do. call till u get someone to work with u call 866 406 5154 thats level 2 and 3 csrs. dont call 611 on ur phone u get general csrs that are only good for billing issues lol.
    haha good to know. thanks
    06-20-10 04:33 PM
    i'm on the phone with them right now. they're transferring me to tech support so we'll see what happens i guess...
    You can call them on Sundays?
    06-20-10 04:36 PM
    yep u sure can
    06-20-10 04:39 PM
    yeah. their line is available 24/7. just if you get something shipped it won't ship out till the following weekday.
    06-20-10 04:45 PM
    Called and got a replacement with no hassle. Comes tomorrow.
    06-20-10 04:48 PM
    Any consensus on the what the shipping weights gets you? I have a 2lbs Bold on it's way (should be here by Wednesday) and was wondering what to expect. A retail package or "other"? Thanks in advance!
    06-20-10 04:50 PM
    Any consensus on the what the shipping weights gets you? I have a 2lbs Bold on it's way (should be here by Wednesday) and was wondering what to expect. A retail package or "other"? Thanks in advance!
    1lb is the FRU package and device. 2-3lbs is the retail package. However, some people have noticed shipping weights dropping from 3 to 1 lbs in mid-shipment. 2 lbs seems to be the safest weight for a retail box.
    06-20-10 04:57 PM
    so i called the people and they said to try a security wipe, so i'm doing that. if it doesn't work they said they would replace the phone, but they didn't say what they would replace it with. and i wasn't about to ask lol.
    06-20-10 04:58 PM
    no dice. they said all they can do is replace the trackball and that they're getting new tours in on wednesday :/
    Please note: some reps may decide to leave a note on your account that will be visible to all other reps helping you out when they pull up your account. Yesterday I called about my trackpad and although the rep was very nice, he wanted me to take it to the store. I called back a few hours later with the same issue and managed to get it replaced, but the rep saw that my account was notated for this issue. I'm thinking the original rep was nice enough to leave a note so that when I took it in-store they could verify I've been trying to solve this problem.

So basically don't make your issues contradict. For example, don't call at 7:00 with trackball issues and then call again at 7:30 with a bricked OS. If your account is notated, the rep will get suspicious, shoot you down, and possibly even flag your account (don't know if that's possible, but I'm sure they have policies for people trying to commit fraud).
    06-20-10 05:01 PM
    i know. i'm keeping up with the trackball issue since that truly is my problem. security wipe should be almost done and if that doesn't do anything to fix it then i'm going to call in a little while and see if i can get it replaced. it's irritating to have an expensive phone not work the way it's supposed to...
    06-20-10 05:06 PM
    Cool, looks like I will be getting a retail boxed Bold. Love it!

1lb is the FRU package and device. 2-3lbs is the retail package. However, some people have noticed shipping weights dropping from 3 to 1 lbs in mid-shipment. 2 lbs seems to be the safest weight for a retail box.
    06-20-10 05:16 PM
    ok thanks
    i did however send them an email last night and they did tell me to call, but to call from a landline...which i don't have. would i be able to just call from my cell and tell them that i did everything i was told in the email?
    When I called (landline), I was asked if I was using the cellphone. I said landline and then he started to suggest I go to Options. At which point I politely interrupted and said if I had already tweaked Sensitivity and rolled the trackball on clean paper. He said, well, if I had done the usual stuff there was no need to do it again. So, they like a landline call so you can mess with the Tour as they instruct but if you have already tried that stuff you might be able to tell them from the cellphone.

Good luck.
    06-20-10 05:21 PM
    When I called (landline), I was asked if I was using the cellphone. I said landline and then he started to suggest I go to Options. At which point I politely interrupted and said if I had already tweaked Sensitivity and rolled the trackball on clean paper. He said, well, if I had done the usual stuff there was no need to do it again. So, they like a landline call so you can mess with the Tour as they instruct but if you have already tried that stuff you might be able to tell them from the cellphone.

Good luck.
    i just talked to them and they told me how to do the security wipe, so i did that and it's still acting funny. so i'm going to call back in a few minutes since they said they would have to replace it. just don't know what they're going to replace it with...
    06-20-10 05:30 PM
    Well, I got an email confirmation and tracking number but nothing in the email says the phone type and fedex does not have the info yet. I tried online but the order number does "not compute" with online so I guess the order number is different when you call versus ordering online. But I was told the BOLD on the phone but only a phone (not full kit)

Fingers remain crossed but I will see on Tues after work, I guess.
    06-20-10 05:43 PM
    Well, I got an email confirmation and tracking number but nothing in the email says the phone type and fedex does not have the info yet. I tried online but the order number does "not compute" with online so I guess the order number is different when you call versus ordering online. But I was told the BOLD on the phone.

Fingers remain crossed but I will see on Tues after work, I guess.
    When did you call in and get your order processed? I was told all weekend orders will not receive order/shipment emails until Monday.
    06-20-10 05:44 PM
    They wanted me to replace it with another Tour 9630, damn. I asked about a Bold they said they cant replace it under factory warranty. Im calling back tomorrow to let them know if i wanna replace it. Any suggestions to help me get the Bold instead?
    06-20-10 05:57 PM
    They wanted me to replace it with another Tour 9630, damn. I asked about a Bold they said they cant replace it under factory warranty. Im calling back tomorrow to let them know if i wanna replace it. Any suggestions to help me get the Bold instead?
    Here's how I got my Bold back on Wednesday night when this thing first broke out...

Called up, politely explained that I had bought my original Tour back in July and have it replaced multiple times because of trackball issues. My last replacement was in December and although I'm still having problems, I gave up because I figured I'd never find a perfect device (all true). So I tell the rep that a few days ago I was in a Verizon store browsing for a phone for another line on my line when I came across this "new device". I played dumb and pretended I knew nothing about it. I asked the rep if I could possibly have my Tour exchanged for that device if it was the same device, but with only the trackpad different. Here's where your mileage may vary: the rep I spoke to was basically in the same situation I was. Multiple tours, horrible trackballs. She even told me she would have upgraded me to the Bold even if Tours were available for shipment. That basically goes against Verizon's policy, but this rep was super nice.

So basically your experience will vary depending on the rep. However, I've found most reps to be extremely nice and helpful. But remember, you have to show respect as well. Going in guns blazing with the "I'm a high paying Verizon customer" won't get you anywhere. They hear it all the time.
    06-20-10 06:02 PM
    I got my order in Fri Night around 7:30 Pacific got an email today with a tracking number saying it shipped, but fedex has says number is not found... so I wonder if it really did ship... got the notice 5hrs ago

They said I would get a "like new Bold" not sure assuming that means FRU...
    Last edited by markj73; 06-20-10 at 06:12 PM.
    06-20-10 06:07 PM
    Ok, ill call again and see what happens. Maybe ill deal with a different rep thanks
    06-20-10 06:08 PM
    my bold will be here on wednesday, but they said it will be just the phone, no battery or door, but that's fine with me. as long as i don't have to deal with the trackball i'm happy
    06-20-10 06:19 PM
    I was told the same thing, Bold with no battery or door. However my shipping weight seems to indicate a retail package. I will post what I get when I get it.

my bold will be here on wednesday, but they said it will be just the phone, no battery or door, but that's fine with me. as long as i don't have to deal with the trackball i'm happy
    06-20-10 06:22 PM
    I got my order in Fri Night around 7:30 Pacific got an email today with a tracking number saying it shipped, but fedex has says number is not found... so I wonder if it really did ship... got the notice 5hrs ago

They said I would get a "like new Bold" not sure assuming that means FRU...
    Because verizon places the order ahead of time so fedex can come pick it up, so the order is in on fedex, but they don't physically have it.

thats my idea on that problem
    06-20-10 06:24 PM
    I was told the same thing, Bold with no battery or door. However my shipping weight seems to indicate a retail package. I will post what I get when I get it.
    i have to wait till tomorrow for the order details so i won't find out till then. it would be nice to have a brand new one, but either way...it's not a tour lol
    06-20-10 06:28 PM
    When did you call in and get your order processed? I was told all weekend orders will not receive order/shipment emails until Monday.
    I think it was around 7pm Sat, Pacific time. Got the email but it does not say BOLD in it and the order number does "not compute" on the account stuff online - since it was a phone order. No fedex yet but that probably won't occur till Monday.
    06-20-10 06:41 PM
    I called on Thursday early. I'd been having sporadic trackball issues and had tried the usual things. They had me do a security wipe. While I was doing that I was chatting with the CSR in Utah about the weather etc. She politely offered me the Bold without any prodding from me. She arranged it to get to me overnight on Friday at no extra cost. She explained that it would be a FRU and would have either 90 day warranty or the original warranty whichever was later (in my case it's the 90 days since I bought the Tour last July). Received tracking number via email in a couple of hours. (Those of you who called over the weekend will not get this until it ships on Monday. Kinda hard to send tracking numbers before then right???)

Mine came from Ft Worth. Brown box with green dot (remember the green dot Tours??). It was just the phone and the battery door. Box and paperwork clearly marked FRU. Mint condition No visible scratches. Trackpad is perfect. It came with .699 os. I upgraded OTA to .732. Been working great. Will send back Tour minus all accessories except SIM and battery door in a day or two as long as the Bold keeps running great.

The return label is addressed to VZW c/o New Breed in Ft Worth. So looks like it's heading for refurb. I would expect that VZW is going to have a LOT of Tours to use as replacement phones very soon.
    06-20-10 07:10 PM
2,047 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD