09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    I am getting the same thing, looks like a glitch. Which makes me feel better

EDIT: Check it now, mines working
    How would one do this?
    06-19-10 10:50 PM
    check your tracking number? you should have received a link in the email when you ordered the replacement.
    06-19-10 10:51 PM
    how bout the charging pod? it works with the bold right?
    06-19-10 10:52 PM
    how bout the charging pod? it works with the bold right?
    Yes. The Bold and Tour have the same dimensions. Aside from the trackpad and slight shift in USB port, the phones are physically identical.
    06-19-10 11:08 PM
    Could I possible get an answer to my question?
    06-19-10 11:20 PM
    So, I'm still waiting for my phone to come. Not sure if it's a Tour or a Bold. Does anyone know if ALL the Tours are being replaced with Bolds?
    Depends on what the rep told you. If it was a Tour then it's a Tour, a Bold is a Bold. Not ALL Tours are being replaced by Bolds. The stock was low and remains to be low. If a rep found a Tour to send, he or she should have sent it.
    06-19-10 11:24 PM
    Could I possible get an answer to my question?
    Not everyone, there are a number of people on this thread who have reported getting tours replaced by tours. As long as Verizon can find a tour thats what you get for replacement, if not its going to be a bold
    06-19-10 11:25 PM
    So, I'm still waiting for my phone to come. Not sure if it's a Tour or a Bold. Does anyone know if ALL the Tours are being replaced with Bolds?

if u called last nite , the alert was out that vzw was out of tours, my csr told me that , he said i have the honor of putting in the code for the bold to be sent to you. so if u called last nite yes u are getting a bold, any other day i donno but im guessing yea since last nite they were out, i dont know when they ran out or anything.
    06-19-10 11:37 PM
    Ugh.. well, lost hope I guess.

I called Friday night around 730PM EST

Thanks for the replies.

The rep never mentioned what I will be getting, she only said I will be getting a replacement device.
    Last edited by Hyphnx; 06-19-10 at 11:45 PM.
    06-19-10 11:37 PM
    then ur good. i called right after u around 1030. people are reporting they caled before u and got one. so ur good.
    06-19-10 11:44 PM
    Question: those of you saying you're getting a "new" Bold, are you for certain that it's BRAND NEW. Like, are the reps saying you will be sent a retail box with new device inside?
    My rep told me that I'm getting a refurbished and that it will come with only phone and nothing else. I would have to use my own battery door and battery.

Honestly, CSRs are not the ones working in the warehouse or picking the box. So they give you a generic answer.

I got mine today. I missed the FedEx delivery and had to pick it up at the location.

Weight was 2.0lbs/0.9kg
    Shipped from WEST CHESTER, PA

This is what I got in TWO separate boxes. Both came with everything as if you bought it from the store...case, charger, headphones, battery, phone, manual/inserts...

Last edited by y2bandit; 06-19-10 at 11:58 PM.
    06-19-10 11:45 PM
    Mine is only 1 LB...
    06-19-10 11:48 PM
    My rep told me that I'm getting a refurbished and that it will come with only phone and nothing else. I would have to use my own battery door and battery.

Honestly, CSRs are not the ones working in the warehouse or picking the box. So they give you a generic answer.

I got mine today. I missed the FedEx delivery and had to pick it up at the location.

Weight was 2.0lbs/0.9kg

This is what I got in two separate boxes...

Did it come with battery cover, battery and all accessories?
    What were you told to return?
    Wondering if we can just the phone with no battery and no memory card, just SIM and battery cover
    06-19-10 11:49 PM

Weight was 2.0lbs/0.9kg

Is that 2LBS for both or one?

I'm expecting my package from Fort Worth, Texas
    06-19-10 11:51 PM
    My package came from Fort Worth, TX today. It came with everything; manuals, new wall charger, new usb cable, the wall charger adapters, new earpiece.
    06-19-10 11:54 PM

Weight was 2.0lbs/0.9kg

So what are you returning your original device in? Do you have to include all your original Tour accessories or just the device? Did your package come with a battery?
    06-19-10 11:56 PM
    Did it come with battery cover, battery and all accessories?
    What were you told to return?
    Wondering if we can just the phone with no battery and no memory card, just SIM and battery cover
    It came with everything as if you got the phone from the store...case, battery, headphones, charger, usb cable, manual/inserts.
    Is that 2LBS for both or one?

I'm expecting my package from Fort Worth, Texas
    2lbs each. As stated, I was sent TWO different boxes.
    06-19-10 11:57 PM
    So what are you returning your original device in? Do you have to include all your original Tour accessories or just the device? Did your package come with a battery?
    I was told I would be getting phone only and I would have to use my own battery door and battery and to return phone only.
    06-19-10 11:59 PM
    Oh okay, sorry about that. I have a blistering headache, didn't fully read it.
    06-19-10 11:59 PM
    Mine was listed on the fedex shipping log that it was 3lbs. I was told all I had to return was my tour & the battery cover. So that is what they are getting back. Gives me a spare 2gb memory car, as the new bold came with it, and a spare battery now, as the new bold also came with a brand new battery. Shipping it back in the fedex box that the bold package came in. And it was the same box that you would receive as if you went to the store and purchased the unit.
    06-20-10 12:01 AM
    See, mine is only rated at 1lb. So I have no idea what I will be getting.
    06-20-10 12:03 AM
    I was told I would be getting phone only and I would have to use my own battery door and battery and to return phone only.
    So what are you expected to return your original device in? Did the package also come with an empty brown cardboard box to put it in? Or do they expect you to wrap it up and make sure it's protected?
    06-20-10 12:03 AM
    Rated at 1lb, you are probably just getting a refurb unit.
    06-20-10 12:04 AM
    Tour or Bold?
    06-20-10 12:05 AM
    So what are you expected to return your original device in? Did the package also come with an empty brown cardboard box to put it in? Or do they expect you to wrap it up and make sure it's protected?
    I have a FRU white box from my old Tours. So it will be shipped back in that. I'm not sending back the new Bold box with a Tour in it. The other one I will send back in the Tour box.
    06-20-10 12:13 AM
2,047 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD