09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    I called today and just told them that I had trackball issues and that I had already done all the updates (latest OTA), wiped the phone and adjusted the sensitivity. The lady looked up two different locations and neither had any tours. Then she told me that they would no longer be replacing tours with tours because they were at the end of their life. My bold will be here on Tues.

My brother in law and nephew have both done the same thing and theirs will also be arriving to them on Tues.

For those of you who don't actually have any issues with your phone... my nephew asked them what would happen if they got his phone back and they didn't find any issues with it. He said that it wouldn't matter, they wouldn't charge him or send it back to him.

If you haven't done this yet, give it a go. The one thing I've learned about Verizon is that you can just keep calling back until you get the answer you want.

Also... this only applies to warranty claims, not insurance claims.
    06-19-10 07:22 PM
    Can someone post some pics of the crooked track pad?
    I've tried taking pictures of it but they never come out good or clear enough to see how it's crooked. Again, it's not THAT obvious, but once you notice it you will never be able to get your eyes off of it.
    06-19-10 07:23 PM
    I called today and just told them that I had trackball issues and that I had already done all the updates (latest OTA), wiped the phone and adjusted the sensitivity. The lady looked up two different locations and neither had any tours. Then she told me that they would no longer be replacing tours with tours because they were at the end of their life. My bold will be here on Tues.

My brother in law and nephew have both done the same thing and theirs will also be arriving to them on Tues.

For those of you who don't actually have any issues with your phone... my nephew asked them what would happen if they got his phone back and they didn't find any issues with it. He said that it wouldn't matter, they wouldn't charge him or send it back to him.

If you haven't done this yet, give it a go. The one thing I've learned about Verizon is that you can just keep calling back until you get the answer you want.

Also... this only applies to warranty claims, not insurance claims.

dang makes me really wanna try it even tho im not having any problems except for a small memory leak...
    06-19-10 07:26 PM
    I second this. After talking with another rep today, I realized something. Basically the only way you will get charged is if they don't receive your phone back within 10 days. That's the key right there. Otherwise, you're pretty much golden.

And please note I'm not condoning fraud, but some people like myself do not have issues that may be obvious to an inspecting technician. That's where the paranoia comes from.
    06-19-10 07:28 PM
    My tour started to have trackball problems two weeks ago. Called explained to them the problem. The fine Customer Service rep said that it was a common problem, and didn't have me do anything. She went straight to a replacement and told me that I would be getting a Bold. Can't complain about that.
    Last edited by hatlee; 06-19-10 at 08:14 PM.
    06-19-10 07:56 PM
    ive read through the comments and I still haven't noticed anyone reply to my message earlier. I was told they were sending me a brand new Tour and I would have to send all my original equipment back when I return the phone.

Anyone think that the rep told me a Tour accidentally?
    06-19-10 08:27 PM
    might have but you really wont know until it gets there or you call back and ask
    06-19-10 08:29 PM
    ive read through the comments and I still haven't noticed anyone reply to my message earlier. I was told they were sending me a brand new Tour and I would have to send all my original equipment back when I return the phone.

No one answered because there is no way to know. I doubt the rep misread you the order.
    06-19-10 08:29 PM

When I spoke with both verizon TS as well as with BB TS, I was told that no more tours were going out. I got my replacement Bold today for mine & will be receiving my replacement Bold for my other tour on monday.
    06-19-10 08:33 PM
    When I spoke with both verizon TS as well as with BB TS, I was told that no more tours were going out. I got my replacement Bold today for mine & will be receiving my replacement Bold for my other tour on monday.
    what time was that? just curious
    06-19-10 08:37 PM
    I was on the phone with TS for both between 12 & 2 pm on Friday 6/18. Got the email notification around 4:30pm & 1st phone arrived today around 12:15pm.
    06-19-10 08:39 PM
    Props to you Tour users and congratulations. Storm 1 owners have had to turn our heads and *cough* *cough* just to be told, "NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

Would have been nice to have been upgraded to the S2 for all the problems the S1 had.
    06-19-10 08:59 PM
    I was on the phone with TS for both between 12 & 2 pm on Friday 6/18. Got the email notification around 4:30pm & 1st phone arrived today around 12:15pm.
    Unfortunately I called around 7:00pm Est and I am being sent a tour. Was told could not get a bold because they had tours and would not make the exception unles the tour was out of stock. It sounds like now they may be again but nothing about not giving out tours if they have them.
    06-19-10 08:59 PM
    Well, not to be undone or outdone or old-bold or whatever - I called. I apparently only get a new housing and maybe a back but it will be the Bold. Ship on Monday and here on Tues.

We shall see. I will have a slew of paid-apps to convert to a new pin and hope that will go well along with whatever else is entailed in moving to a new phone.
    06-19-10 09:25 PM
    I second this. After talking with another rep today, I realized something. Basically the only way you will get charged is if they don't receive your phone back within 10 days. That's the key right there. Otherwise, you're pretty much golden.

And please note I'm not condoning fraud, but some people like myself do not have issues that may be obvious to an inspecting technician. That's where the paranoia comes from.
    they referb phones they send them out to a company(new breed) and new breed referbs them. they dont inspect them they just pop out parts and put new parts in. the only inspection it gets upon recipt from the customer(in this place if u got a bold and sent ur tour in, they check it for water damage and if you threw it at a wall) and thats it. then off to new breed(if not already there) to be referbed and sent out to anouther lucky winner.
    06-19-10 09:35 PM
    New Breed supply chain solutions: Repair and refurb

and i know people that got replacements lwithin 30 days of buying the phone (was replaced with new phone) kept the phone that was supposed to be sent out, never got billed for it, flipped it on ebay and made $$. they got like 3 replacement stroms when the storm 1 feasko was happening and in all that confusion vzw lost track of info i guess and they made out. the 1 they sent back in a few days later they got 265$ back in the bank acct(vzw credited them thnking they returned the phone ) when they just sent it in cause they got a replacement (was replaced within 30 days in worry free garentee). crazy huh, so they ended up making money on that deal upwards of 500$.
    Last edited by mikells43; 06-19-10 at 09:40 PM.
    06-19-10 09:38 PM
    I called yesterday night and the Rep said I would be receiving a BOLD. He said I would get it by Tuesday. I still have not received a tracking number. Is anyone else in the same boat? Should I be worried?
    i too have not yet resived tracking but i may call and ask about it latter
    06-19-10 09:46 PM
    it wolnt be shipped out till monday if u calld fri nite or today. so u wolnt get it till then u will get an order conf first. check ur spam too
    06-19-10 09:52 PM
    I can't understand how they have so many FRU's available for shipment. How is that even possible?
    06-19-10 09:55 PM
    I can't understand how they have so many FRU's available for shipment. How is that even possible?
    Maybe they discovered that there were issues with the new Bold before shipping this time and they are already refurbing them. I hope not - after encouraging YOU, I read another two pages of "I'm getting a Bold" replies and figured, what they heJJ and called. The rep told me it would be a bare body - when he mentioned the SwitchWizard and swapping batteries, I even tried getting a battery but he said he couldn't. So, it appears that they have different standards on who gets minimal and who gets a full (maybe I'm not a high enough monthly customer, and I'm not, actually).

Now my only problem is my Otterbox Defender and changing the pin for all of my paid apps including one or two from Appworld.

ANYONE??? How different is the keyboard area on the Bold versus the Tour? Might DREMELING skills work some magic on an Otterbox case? Apparently, the rest of the phone is physically the same???
    06-19-10 10:17 PM
    ruh roh. just checked my fedex tracking number and got "Sorry, we are unable to process your tracking request." hope that's just a glitch in the fedex system.
    06-19-10 10:20 PM
    Maybe they discovered that there were issues with the new Bold before shipping this time and they are already refurbing them. I hope not - after encouraging YOU, I read another two pages of "I'm getting a Bold" replies and figured, what they heJJ and called. The rep told me it would be a bare body - when he mentioned the SwitchWizard and swapping batteries, I even tried getting a battery but he said he couldn't. So, it appears that they have different standards on who gets minimal and who gets a full (maybe I'm not a high enough monthly customer, and I'm not, actually).

Now my only problem is my Otterbox Defender and changing the pin for all of my paid apps including one or two from Appworld.

ANYONE??? How different is the keyboard area on the Bold versus the Tour? Might DREMELING skills work some magic on an Otterbox case? Apparently, the rest of the phone is physically the same???
    I doubt there are qualifications for what type of replacement people are getting. I'm assuming it's just a crap shoot.

As for the case, my Innocase 360 for the Tour works perfectly with the Bold. Keyboard matches up fine. Hope that helps.
    06-19-10 10:22 PM
    ruh roh. just checked my fedex tracking number and got "Sorry, we are unable to process your tracking request." hope that's just a glitch in the fedex system.
    Don't worry, my return has the same thing coming up. System is down probably.
    06-19-10 10:30 PM
    I am getting the same thing, looks like a glitch. Which makes me feel better

EDIT: Check it now, mines working
    Last edited by BrianM23; 06-19-10 at 10:41 PM.
    06-19-10 10:32 PM
    So, I'm still waiting for my phone to come. Not sure if it's a Tour or a Bold. Does anyone know if ALL the Tours are being replaced with Bolds?
    06-19-10 10:48 PM
2,047 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD