09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    2lbs

anyone know how to brick your phone on purpose?
    06-19-10 04:42 PM
    just called and got mine! thats awesome! being that its saturday, it will ship out monday, be here by wednesday....sex
    06-19-10 04:43 PM
    Well everyone I was growing very impatient as it was 430PM and the phone was to be delivered by 12 this afternoon. The FEDEX man just showed up and said alls he has done all day is deliver big and little Verizon boxes to a lot of people causing the delay.

Long story short, Mine showed a shipping weight of 3 lbs. I got the normal sized shipping box and the Bold appears to be BRAND NEW and came with all the new assessories that a new phone would come with and was completely wrapped and sealed.

It does have the FRU number on it but the box has large orange sticker and small blue one if anyone wants to guess what that is. Alls I care about is not having to pay 250 for a new phone and renew my contact so i can do that when the new Slider comes down the line...
    06-19-10 04:46 PM
    My trackball has malfunctioned several times,the lady i spoke to first told me to look at where it was made(below the battery). Apparently the ones that were made in mexico(like mine) had very faulty track balls but as soon as they started making them in canada they were fine.
    06-19-10 04:50 PM
    Ugh, this doesn't make me feel good...I went into media and clicked the demo video and it was already half way done. That means someone had been playing with the phone before it was sent. Don't they usually reload the OS before it's considered a FRU?
    06-19-10 04:51 PM
    So everyone knows, when you get your bold in the mail and plug it into desktop manager it will update you to .699

I just did a wireless update, because I am anal like that and want to make sure everything is as up to date as possible and it found the .732 update.
    I just got mine this morning and it was already on .732. DM didn't try downgrading it...

The 2nd or 3rd time I connected to DM it just tried getting me to install new 5.0 software, so it must be trying to downgrade now. Strange.
    Last edited by bosscib; 06-19-10 at 05:26 PM.
    06-19-10 04:53 PM
    Just received my brand new bold 9650 this afternoon around 12pm. It weighed in around 3lbs, and came packaged as a new phone including all the accessories (wall charger, usb cable, ear piece, adapters, holster, & manuals) Charged it fully as I now have a spare battery from my 9630 (was told to send only phone & battery cover back). Unit is up & working. Restored my backup from DM (restored all contacts, texts, mms, BBM contacts). Also went thru BBSAK & restored a few of the apps that I had on my 9630. Everything is working great so far.
    06-19-10 04:58 PM
    Everyone,

If you have paid apps you may have to log into where ever you got it from and change your device and pin information to get the proper download link. I only have 1 paid app and that is quicklaunch. This is what I had to do to get it to work on my new bold. Not sure if all paid apps are like this, but thought it would be worth mentioning.
    06-19-10 05:02 PM
    My package was 2.0 lbs/.9 kg leaving Ontario and still 2.0 lbs leaving Indianapolis. I hope it's the full package deal!
    06-19-10 05:16 PM
    What does it matter if you guys get an FRU or a brand new phone? You're getting a perfectly working Bold for a wonky Tour.

Just be happy you got what you got.

Sheesh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 05:29 PM
    2lbs

anyone know how to brick your phone on purpose?
    JL_Cmder Just wipe it and thats it.
    06-19-10 05:32 PM
    What does it matter if you guys get an FRU or a brand new phone? You're getting a perfectly working Bold for a wonky Tour.

Just be happy you got what you got.

Sheesh.

lol it doesnt matter to me because im only going to use it for a month and then sell it on ebay
    06-19-10 05:33 PM
    I just called and my bold is on the way.
    I had to get 2 replacements of tour within the last 2 weeks and told them that
    I am having problem with the new one I got recently.

They said they are having stock issues of the tour and will send me the bold.

Coming on wednesday.

Thanks for sharing!
    06-19-10 05:36 PM
    Worked for me. First call on Friday nite CS lady wanted to send me a refurb 9630. I told her no dice. Called again Saturday afternoon and CS guy told me no more 9630 in stock so I'm getting my new bold Tuesday. Told him trackball was messed up and he explained it's a common problem on 9630. Awesome!

06-19-10 05:43 PM
    My package also went from a weight of 3 pounds to a weight of 1. Doesn't matter as long as the phone works but that was weird to me.
    06-19-10 05:51 PM
    Just got off the phone with Verizon...And I'll be getting a Bold Wednesday

I'm one happy camper.
    06-19-10 06:02 PM
    Just curious about a few things. Anyone worried about the fact that they are doing a mass replacement to the bold and leaving those with Tours high and dry? Does this mean they won't continue to do updates to the OS for those phones? Also, for those getting the full package Bolds, if you don't send back the old Tour battery and chargers etc. are you going to get charged for those accessories. Most of the time when you get a replacement it comes battery and doorless. Just wondering. The funniest thing I saw on this thread were those that jumped on the replacement bandwagon and then felt slighted because they ONLY got the replacement Bold and not the whole new package, seriously don't you think that is just a little greedy.
    06-19-10 06:26 PM
    I called today because I've had trackball issues (ugh 5 replacements) and they are sending me a Bold. At first they said they were going to have me go to a store and have them fix the ball, but then she came back on the phone and said they couldn't do that and would send me another phone. When I asked about alternatives to the Tour, she said I could have either the Tour or the Bold... obviously I went the Bold route. I'm SO glad to be getting rid of the ball. Mine is so freakin squishy it feels like you could press it through the phone.
    Oh, and I didn't get a tracking # or anything like that.. should I have or will it come in an email later on?
    06-19-10 06:39 PM
    I agree with all of this. My tour wasn't THAT bad, but I've had issues here and there. My warranty ends in less than a month and my upgrade date isn't until next March. The odds of that trackball lasting that long were slim to none. I simply wasn't going to take a chance and have to be forced into buying another phone. It's BS and I don't feel one bit bad about Verizon having to shell out all these phones to customers. They deserve it.
    I have no problem with people in George's situation. I got my Tour back in December and it still works fine. Just put the new update on and the click issue is gone. I'm happy with my Tour. Do I think the trackball is going to make it until say this winter? Doubt it. People who are getting the Bold just because they want an upgrade by lying about issues are pretty low in my book. Those who have legit issues are now going to have problems getting replacements due to some of you that just wanted an upgrade and didn't want to pay for it.
    06-19-10 06:42 PM
    just off the phone. New Bold is on the way. my trackball wasnt terrible, but it wasnt right either, this is my 3rd tour in a year. tech support guy only had me check sensetivity and then a reboot. he was quick to say i was going to get an updated version with no trackball called bold. i said ok!
    06-19-10 06:48 PM
    Just curious about a few things. Anyone worried about the fact that they are doing a mass replacement to the bold and leaving those with Tours high and dry? Does this mean they won't continue to do updates to the OS for those phones? Also, for those getting the full package Bolds, if you don't send back the old Tour battery and chargers etc. are you going to get charged for those accessories. Most of the time when you get a replacement it comes battery and doorless. Just wondering. The funniest thing I saw on this thread were those that jumped on the replacement bandwagon and then felt slighted because they ONLY got the replacement Bold and not the whole new package, seriously don't you think that is just a little greedy.
    I wouldn't say greedy. I was with sprint/nextel for 2 years and they (at least for me) never gave me an FRU...it was always a new phone. The problem with doing FRU's is that verizon get's to many units in and can't properly fix them, so they just do a hardware check, software reload and new shell. So sometimes the problem still persist's. So the security of having a new device compared to an FRU, isn't greedy, it's being cautious...
    06-19-10 06:50 PM
    Can someone post some pics of the crooked track pad?
    06-19-10 06:52 PM
    Oh, and I didn't get a tracking # or anything like that.. should I have or will it come in an email later on?
    Orders processed on the weekend will ship out on Monday, so you will be receiving your order/shipment notification sometime Monday morning or afternoon.
    06-19-10 07:04 PM
    why dont they just send everyone with a tour a new BOLD? this sucks for those of us whos tours arent messing up yet haha
    06-19-10 07:12 PM
    why dont they just send everyone with a tour a new BOLD? this sucks for those of us whos tours arent messing up yet haha
    This is what they should have done... and the way I see it Rim is forcing Verizon to get rid of the tours for the bolds !!!

Can someone post some pics of the crooked track pad?
    I'm curious myself
    06-19-10 07:21 PM
2,047 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD